weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Snipped)

Just thinking about how both defense experts denied the negative behaviors that Jodi exhibited in her relationship with Travis...particularly the stalking. Here is what I found on Stalkingriskprofile.com and it boggles my mind with how spot on it is to Jodi.

I found the statement that many stalkers appear to be ambivalent to their victims very interesting since Jodi was always saying how FINE she was that Travis was moving on, and how she wished him the best blah blah blah. It always strikes me funny when she insists that in almost Every interview shes done. Why are so many of these experts glossing over this clearly dangerous pattern of behaviors that Jodi exhibited? What are your thoughts?

This is exactly what has really been disturbing to me too. Both "experts" denied any dangerous, scary, deviant behavior on JA's part, as though it didn't exist at all.

All of her behavior became Travis', plus what they added to further degrade and demonize Travis. Have they ever addressed her inhuman ability to lie?

Sorry to delete the stalker quote from stalkingriskprofile.com in my comment. I thought what you wrote was so good and right on target about these shameless experts, that I wanted to respond to that, and to JA's claims of being "FINE" with Travis moving on. That gives me chills when she says that ad nauseum, in interviews, but, as you state, the experts gloss over this, too, as if it is "normal," or never existed in her severely disordered personality.

This says everything to me about how meaningless expert witness testimony of this type is. (Unless it works on a juror, of course.)

oh she'll recross, and it will be just like the direct and drone on for days.

dont forget the questions, which i think might go up with juan destroying her on the stand.

BBM: Reminds me of when we were kids and my older brother would always do that thing with "one for you and two for me" and there was nothing I could about it.

It's the same with Wilmott. Two for her. Not fair.

No, and it's not natural for Travis to have sat in that one, but I was just answering because someone said they didn't know anyone who sat in the shower. I have a bathtub/shower, though.

No, I don't. Oddly, I think he agreed to the shoot for the reasons she said. I think he was into it, letting her lead him, until the one photo where he turns around from a "back" pose, and you can see a look on his face equalled to "what the hell?" And that's the moment I think he saw a gun or knife in her hand.

I think she deleted all the pictures and was probably going to take the camera, but it "disappeared" during cleanup. I'd also go as far as to say the roommate might have come home while she was still in Travis' room and she had to sneak out the house without finishing cleaning up.

The photo of his face as he's sitting in the shower wasn't the last one taken of him... only the last one that showed any part of his face. The last one of him before the attack was the one right after where he's still sitting in the shower that only shows him from the neck down. Since the next photo was of the bathroom ceiling it was at that time the attack started.

As for the camera in the washer... she put it in there on purpose to wash away blood and her fingerprints on it and probably also to try to destroy the memory card. She couldn't have NOT known it was in the washer because as soon as she turned it on that camera would be banging around in there making a ton of noise.

She wasn't going to take the camera with her since it was a brand new camera, and his roommates would see that it was the only thing in the house missing, and Jodi was the photo guru... she wouldn't have wanted to take it because it could point fingers directly at her. She likely intended to remove the camera from the washer when the cycle was done, make up the bed with the washed linens still in the dryer, and put the camera back in it's case, but she ran out of time and had to get out of the house before the roommate came home... she didn't even start to kill Travis until pretty close to around that time, but she likely thought that she could kill him in the shower quickly and he'd die in there all clean and tidy with there being no need for all the clean up and dragging him down the hall to stuff him back in the shower.

But in leaving that camera in the washing machine even though she had to hurry and get out of the house was a huge red flag that the camera had something to do with the murder pointing the finger at Ms. Camera Guru anyway.

There's just no way that camera went through a wash cycle unknown to her as it would have been banging around in the washer making a lot of noise. And remember, there wasn't much in that wash load in the first place... just his t-shirt, shorts, underwear and socks along with the camera. There's no way she would have not noticed the camera being in there for that reason as well. JM even mentioned during his cross of her that it wasn't a full load of wash, the blood expert showed all the pieced of clothing in that load of wash, and there's just no way she wouldn't have known the camera was in there. The camera went into the washer on purpose.

Well she said she did nothing wrong, but won't talk about why... till trial is over. even indicated that she showed up as some sort of statement that she did nothing wrong.
She seems intelligent and honest.

Do you trust her saying she did nothing wrong, or do you trust the Judge that says she DID deserve to be removed from the jury?

Does anyone know if a poll was taken as to who won Round 1--ALV or JM?

I thought ALV did better than I thought she would. And I would have to rate it either as a draw or a slight win for ALV.

Of course, it was just a warm-up for the real war that's coming.

Does anyone know if a poll was taken as to who won Round 1--ALV or JM?

I thought ALV did better than I thought she would. And I would have to rate it either as a draw or a slight win for ALV.

Of course, it was just a warm-up for the real war that's coming.

Why is a poll necessary? We have barely begun Round One.

The photo of his face as he's sitting in the shower wasn't the last one taken of him... only the last one that showed any part of his face. The last one of him before the attack was the one right after where he's still sitting in the shower that only shows him from the neck down. Since the next photo was of the bathroom ceiling it was at that time the attack started.

As for the camera in the washer... she put it in there on purpose to wash away blood and her fingerprints on it and probably also to try to destroy the memory card. She couldn't have NOT known it was in the washer because as soon as she turned it on that camera would be banging around in there making a ton of noise.

She wasn't going to take the camera with her since it was a brand new camera, and his roommates would see that it was the only thing in the house missing, and Jodi was the photo guru... she wouldn't have wanted to take it because it could point fingers directly at her. She likely intended to remove the camera from the washer when the cycle was done, make up the bed with the washed linens still in the dryer, and put the camera back in it's case, but she ran out of time and had to get out of the house before the roommate came home... she didn't even start to kill Travis until pretty close to around that time, but she likely thought that she could kill him in the shower quickly and he'd die in there all clean and tidy with there being no need for all the clean up and dragging him down the hall to stuff him back in the shower.

But in leaving that camera in the washing machine even though she had to hurry and get out of the house was a huge red flag that the camera had something to do with the murder pointing the finger at Ms. Camera Guru anyway.

There's just no way that camera went through a wash cycle unknown to her as it would have been banging around in the washer making a lot of noise. And remember, there wasn't much in that wash load in the first place... just his t-shirt, shorts, underwear and socks along with the camera. There's no way she would have not noticed the camera being in there for that reason as well. JM even mentioned during his cross of her that it wasn't a full load of wash, the blood expert showed all the pieced of clothing in that load of wash, and there's just no way she wouldn't have known the camera was in there. The camera went into the washer on purpose.

My washer turns back and forth and doesn't flip things around to where I can hear stuff banging around in it. the spinner just turns from maybe a 3 to a 5 o'clock position, not enough force to make something bang. once it gets to the rinse cycle, the centrifugal force holds the items in place and they don't bang. A dryer, yeah. That will make a banging noise.

I am confused at what you're talking about with the photos. I'm aware of the last photo of his face. That's not the one I'm referring to. I mean the one in this collage at 5:27:15.

collage_zps00e64932.jpg

OK, so I have been working all day and just arrived at my hotel. FB is filled with some hate messages about a Dr Phil interview that is somehow is profiting the Arias family????? Say it isn't so. What is this about?

Also, how was JC responsible for J5 getting the boot?

Enjoy your Popcorn

Do you trust her saying she did nothing wrong, or do you trust the Judge that says she DID deserve to be removed from the jury?

I understand your point.

But I think there is a severe standard in these matters as follows. If there even appears to be a possibility that something wrong occurred a juror may have to be removed.

This possible appearance of impropriety may relate to trying to prevent frequent mistrials, and starting all over again.

I'm sitting here spending my friday night (with popcorn) watching JM's opening statement (thank you HLN). Hmmmm I don't see Jodi Arias shaking at all, like a chihuahua, a Mexican jumping bean, a maraca, a vibrator, nothing. No shaking. Calm, steady, writing notes to her bff JW, palming her cheek, running fingers thru her hair, shooting dirty looks at JM but no shaking.

This Judge is overly cautious and likes to play it safe. I'd rather wait till after trial to make a judgement. Travis' sister who knows what happened is not upset with this juror. That speaks volumes to me.

Brought over from closed thread:

Posted by: SassyMom

It's going to be very tasty and delicious when Juan starts plugging Jodi's abusive/manipulative behavior into AL's little Aggression Continuum chart, especially because I seriously doubt she even analyzed those behaviors, and maybe the defense didn't even clue her in about them.

That is going to be a supremely pleasurable viewing experience.
=======================================================

YES. Thank You. Very well said. :goodpost:And :welcome: to WS.

Did you see how hard she resisted owning any of that silly continuum. She treated it like a freakin hot potato. She wanted nothing to do with it. Which was funny since we saw it pasted on the wall for seven tedious, torturous days already. JW LOVED to plug Travis into it and have serious discussions about it's importance and relevance, as if it had any.

And then as soon as Juan asked her about it she pretended like she put no stock in it at all. :giggle: :giggle: She knows whats coming and she is trying to postpone the inevitable. Juan's coming for ya, Alyce. :pillowfight:
ALV even said the last column of the continuum particularly described traits in female perpretators. It's no wonder JM was quiet that day. He's just going to use every single thing said against JA. Bring it on

BBM: I disagree with you on this point. I've put a large load in my washer and found a shoe when I pulled the laundry out. Never heard a thing and I live in a much smaller house than Travis. BUT, whether she put the camera in the washer deliberately or not, she didn't sit there and wait for the cycle to finish. She was probably frantic to get out of there. And if she went back upstairs after putting the laundry in, even if it was making some noise, she likely would not have heard in from Travis' room. moo

This Judge is overly cautious and likes to play it safe. I'd rather wait till after trial to make a judgement. Travis' sister who knows what happened is not upset with this juror. That speaks volumes to me.

The Judge knows what may cause a mistrial.

I'm sitting here spending my friday night (with popcorn) watching JM's opening statement (thank you HLN). Hmmmm I don't see Jodi Arias shaking at all, like a chihuahua, a Mexican jumping bean, a maraca, a vibrator, nothing. No shaking. Calm, steady, writing notes to her bff JW, palming her cheek, running fingers thru her hair, shooting dirty looks at JM but no shaking.

Could be on that class of meds pharmacologically I believe they are called anti-shake meds. :)

She wasn't going to take the camera with her since it was a brand new camera, and his roommates would see that it was the only thing in the house missing, and Jodi was the photo guru... she wouldn't have wanted to take it because it could point fingers directly at her. She likely intended to remove the camera from the washer when the cycle was done, make up the bed with the washed linens still in the dryer, and put the camera back in it's case, but she ran out of time and had to get out of the house before the roommate came home..

She had no idea where that camera was. She didn't have any thought about any bangin in there. She was in a rage and frantic. She started it and was awol. Why did she take the gun the? If it was Travis', after all..... ;)

Well said.

Oh Nancy - Yes, JA has that new greasy hair style - Is this her new abused battered look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth