weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why the "mule" theory makes sense to me and my conspiratorial mind. I think she muled some things for some people that may or may not have been mentioned during this trial. :what:

Wait a minute. Now I'm confused. I thought "mule" was slang for prostituting.:facepalm: Appears this word means something else? :rocker:

Look guys, all three of my kids are out of the nest now :great: so I'm behind the times.:blushing:

BBM
True, and I agree with you. My problem with ALV was the way she kept grinning at the gallery and the DT table after each 'zinger.' That said to me that she was putting on a show. She thinks she was winning the sparring between them, but I think she is underestimating Juan's prowess.

Her zingers seem to be aimed at showing that Juan is another 'abusive male' like those in her continuum. Yet at the same time she kept distancing herself from her own work. She treated that Abuse Continuum like a hot potato, wanting nothing to do with it on cross.

And she kept accusing him of mischaracterizing her Snow White presentations and yet we have seen some excerpts here where she did in fact discuss Snow White as being a victim of abuse. So I think she was the one mischaracterizing her work, not Juan.

The worst part of ALV's presentation was that she ended it by saying women should be more like the wicked witch and less like Snow White. Okay, ladies who are in an abusive relationship.....that will get you knocked down a flight of stairs. You can still be Snow White, just leave. And if they can't get out, give them the tools to help them get out......don't suggest that they become the person who has abused them. I think this is why she supports what Jodi did to Travis. That is sick. Absolutely sick. Another thing I noted is that ALV states that women need to get a backbone. She describes some of the writings right before Travis was killed as Jodi getting a backbone. Wow.
jmo

I totally agree, and she knows too much about Mexico and her little trips there, and where else? Other places like that she could drive to. This would point to smuggling back and forth and her town up there all the way down

she did an awful lot of driving and road trips, and that totally makes sense now.

I should emphasize a woman doing a certain job like that who looks like the all american gal can pass right through a check point.

Just like being a P.I. (and female) Men can be so obvious? black SUV, dark glasses, talking into their lapel?

I have no doubt in most cases I can be walking nearly shoulder to shoulder with my subject and they have no idea, they would never suspect in a million years what I am doing.

I'm sure she could travel pretty freely

Didn't Jodi say something about gangs? Did you all hear that childhood friend of Jodi on NG? Nancy asked about the pot on the roof, this friend didn't want to talk about that. Way before Nancy even asked the question, I was getting that "feeling", you know what I mean?

I still disagree with your point about washing machines. Your washing machines might have been this way, but I have never in my life using any washer from my parents to my sisters to my own to laundry mats, ever had a problem with anything banging in the washer. The spinner in the middle doesn't go all the way around to allow for that in a down loading washer. It only spins at the end to wring out the water and again the speed it's going during the spin, doesn't allow items to move.

If the camera was snug in the sheets, it wouldn't be moving and banging. I have washed big nylon dog bones and rawhides ones because my huskies have them tangled in the sheets, balls, whatever--and I never hear them banging in the washer. In the dryer, yes. In the washer, no.

It may depend on the model of washer. Newer ones seem to be designed for insulating sound.

So I'm wondering why tons of people haven't come out in support of LaViolette - people she has helped, who have worked with her, she has taught, etc.

Having worked in the trenches, so to speak, she clearly hasn't worked with clients in some time. I am older and there came a point where I just threw in the towel on keeping up with technology and retired. I have friends who have the hefty educational credentials (instead I have nine kids). What they do is write a book, go on a book tour and then sign up as expert witnesses or they develop a seminar using the expertise they developed throughout their careers.

Even the incompetent can do this, if they are willing to risk losing their reputation. So you get expert witnesses with no reputation to lose (Dr. Samuels) or people stuck in the past who see themselves as a special snowflake and find no need for continuing education because they would be learning stuff from an inferior individual.

The cycle of domestic violence was simple and straight-forward, having enough information defining verbal abuse, for example, that high school drop-outs could understand it. I suspect that The Continuum has been expanded and exploded over the years to provide more material for more workshops. So today you have six variations of the Snow White catchy title to cover gender bias, domestic violence, child abuse, stalkers, etc. and its all slanted towards professionals BECAUSE THEY WORK FOR ORGANIZATIONS THAT CAN PAY SOME HEFTY FEES. Domestic violence victims are not a target market for anybody looking to make bank.

I believe there are no supporters chiming in because her target market was professionals and they were not that enthusiastic about her embroidered "tools" for telling what is domestic abuse.

Now that she has revealed that she is unwilling to call a dead body in the shower a victim, she has probably lost the support of her own siblings and made the entire movement suspect.

Ot...creepy creepy lifetime movie...(:blush:...I know...I know...I don't feel well so I'm vegging out) made in 2012 "a mothers nightmare"....complete with with a psycho photo shoot in the bathtub....

After watching Juan's cross with ALV, seems like DT spent more time coming up with zingers for her to use with him. Everytime she said something she thought was witty, she looked over to the DT for approval. UGH!

I also wonder how closely she really read all of the journals, text, etc of Jodi. Seems to me you would remember important things without having to review your notes. One would think that is how your would prepare to testify as an expert

I just cannot wait for him to ask ALV, "Ma'am, isn't it true your entire testimony is based on the stories and lies of the defendant? Your honor, I have nothing further."

Wait a minute. Now I'm confused. I thought "mule" was slang for prostituting.:facepalm: Appears this word means something else? :rocker:

Look guys, all three of my kids are out of the nest now :great: so I'm behind the times.:blushing:

Mule for. MM?

Thank you all for your support. I am a fairly new member and only have a few comments that I posted. I usually just laugh to myself and click the thank button on posts. I was just shocked to see that one lil comment I made taken so far from how it was meant. Again, thank you WS. As always...YOU ALL ROCK MY FUZZY SOCKS!

My husband and I joke around that way all the time. It started when my son was a toddler and I caught a knee to an eye. My hubby jokingly said, sounding serious...while we were shopping for furniture and disagreeing if I wanted a "fresh one" ! I didn't get it at first, he explained and pointed to my eye. From that day forward...it's been part of our repartee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anybody direct me to those pages on Falsity's My Space or Face Book that were linked here yesterday? I believe on Thread 123 or 124? I've been searching unsuccessfully.

Originally Posted by Mellinyce
Aww Anagrammy, I didn't mean for it to come out as I was making fun of people who have been abused. I found the little snippet of the vid they linked amusing is all. I DO NOT condone it, it was not meant to offend. I will refrain from commenting any longer. My sincere apologies.

No need - I wasn't getting down on you, just observing how things that were totally fine back in the 50's just aren't ok now. I may be oversensitive due to my own experiences and others may not agree.

It just make me uncomfortable.

I am truly sorry for any abuse you have suffered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm rewatching Dr. Horn's testimony. Oh gosh, she sure can't keep herself from sneaking peeks at her butchery, can she? The hair curtain is hanging so that she can get a good glimpse with each picture.... at one point she even pulled her glasses to the end of her nose so she could see it better? This chick is crackers, and scares me more and more every day.....

Mule=drug mule, one paid to carry drugs across the border.

my Maytag is 26 years old. Tennis shoes etc, dog toys, hard balls, nothing makes any noise in there or bangs, mostly because i put a blanket or sheet in also when i put things like that in. (knocking on wood because I said my dear dear washer that is so beautiful is 26 it will continue to work lol)

My dryer is new, maybe 1 yr old.. Holy mother of drum sets... the tennis shoes can't go in nor can a loud toy.. bang bang bang. I hang them on my back wrought iron over looking the view. (sorry down in the valley you must look at my drying tennis shoes on occasion be happy its not undies)

I really wonder if she knows she has taken up for a vicious murderer and just doesn't care or if she is so mired in her own paradigm of feminine victimization that her mind just can't go there.

Either way, yuck! Even worse, I kind of think it's both. She is so in love with her own work that she thinks she can squish JA into the role. She has to see that the vicious murderer absolutely does not fit. She must not care.

My son has had addiction issues. Heartbreaking. We have sent him to rehab 3 times. He is currently in a sober living house far from here. And sober. Trying to get him 30 days of treatment paid for by our health insurance was impossible even though our plan would cover it. I pleaded, begged, sobbed and cajoled with BCBS for more time and all we got was 11 days. The inpatient rehab was $600/day out of pocket. He got the help and has been drug free for 132 days.

The killer that murdered my brother did so to rob him to pay back a drug debt to his dealer. Therein lies the rub. I have no patience with illegal drugs, yet my son became an addict. I did and would do anything to save him from himself. I stopped at nothing to get him the help he needed/needs.

This is the part I don't understand. How could any mother let their 16 year old daughter leave their home knowing there were issues that had not been dealt with? Fatigue, fed up, didn't care what? As a mother, we don't get days off. We don't get to be selective. Being a parent is hard and trying and frustrating at times. I hold Sandy Arias accountable to a degree, regardless of education, wealth, sophistication or intelligence. If she had taken steps to get her daughter help, and not stopped with her refusal, maybe Travis would be alive.

Respectfully, JMV

:goodpost: Zuri I was basically your son before I had my child. I went to 4 rehabs. My parents never gave up on me, and I really couldn't fully understand this until I had a child of my own.

Congrats to your son on his 132 days!

What if an xray were to show that it had been broken?

"If you don't know the answer, don't ask the question" is supposed to be one of the big rules for attorneys. It would be way too much of a gamble for the PT to request this, if they even could do it. The DT may have done it and come up empty handed.

I might be wrong on this, but my understanding of discovery is that the parties disclose what the intend to use in trial. So a negative finding that won't be used in trial would not be included in discovery.

Then he would explain how a finger fracture that healed crooked would always appear crooked and not only when JA flexes her hand in certain ways. He would then go on to explain the hematoma that would have developed, the swelling that would be anticipated and how painful it would have been to bartend for example. A radiologist could even date (approximate) the fracture.

I'd be interested to know what JA gave the prison Dr's in the way of medical history. As her arrest pre-dated her abuse excuse there's a really good chance that there's a checkmark in the NO box for fractures or even if there's a yes, the date and affected bone doesn't match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaoskap