weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her poor nine year old daughter had to testify that she never saw her father being mean to her mommy. So sad when the kids are called to the stand.

There were also pictures taken of Mary smoking and drinking in a bar while out on bail waiting to go to trial. I do believe there is still a lot of skepticism regarding the verdict and sentence she received. All I can say is she and her defense team did something to sway the jury....not really that sure what it was because I believe she got off pretty easy.

OT The prosecuter in the Winkler trial was inept. It was the 1st time I ever live streamed 2 trials at the same time, Melanie McGuire and Mary Winkler And Skanky Jodi could certainly asure Mary you don't need surgery from anal sex:floorlaugh:

I'm right there with ya! I got a call this afternoon that my Monday client was cancelling on me. Normally I would have fumed for quite a while over the loss of dollars...but then I realized that it's a Monday thing, and therefore...I. can. watch. JM. All better now :)

LOL...I overpriced a bid on a job that they wanted done on Monday, just so I wouldn't get it. I'm hoping nothing else comes in for tomorrow!

We discussed this on the Psych pages. That's what actually is so awful about this: the brutality of her actions and she did kill TA 3x over in such a deranged, psychotic, and cruel way ...You'll see that it's not really an easy answer, and probably a question that has more than one "right" answer but we've come up with many theories.

I guess the problem for me is that I don't care why. It happened and she needs to be punished for it. The reason doesn't really matter to me. It is a done deed and she needs to pay for it. Period. She took someone's life in a horrific way and that is it for me. Maybe when she meets her maker they will care, but I don't. jmo

Oh, and one more thought -- remember when her Dad said in the interview that "she was gonna marry him"? I think she might have been telling family (and limited friends) that that was going to happen -- and after Travis' rant and the arranged trip to Cancun, that was obviously never going to occur. Not that she should have known sooner, mind you -- just that the fact that her Dad said that immediately suggests to me she had concocted quite a tale for everyone else (just like the fantasy journals) about the "relationship" and was about to have to face the music, including eating a lot of humble pie. I think her narcissism couldn't take that. Narcissistic rage, my bet.

:cow:

You know you're right? In fact he said "they were gettin along so good?" he sounded very sincere. That does lead me to believe her parents thought they were an Item? Right?

I wonder if she ever told them they broke up? I bet she didn't and now he is going to marry Mimi. I say that because I have gotten schooled a bit in a little bit of Mormon culture and almost an organized path for youth to get married.

So here she is maybe hiding the fact they broke up, her parents thought she was going to Utah for PPL only, they never mention Ryan or a new love interest.

Adding more fuel to the theory she went to AZ as a last ditch effort you will get on the Jodi train or I will kill you.

So um, he didn't bite. There are no words for her, really.

About the passwords, do we know they had each other's passwords? Isn't that only coming from her? I thought she wrote that to cover her hacking of his accounts.

She didn't include abuse because she hadn't made up that story yet. She was still on version 1.0. She was over him and wasn't there.

Yes true, it's only coming from her.

As far as I am aware, though I don't know if it was actually verified in court, that Travis complained to a friend that Jodi was hacking into his accounts. You would think it would have come out that they had previously exchanged passwords then, if that were the case. We have only heard her version... which is eminently questionable...

And in terms of the abuse thing, yeah I guess that makes sense too. Because that only came out wayyy after the arrest.

As far as I am aware, though I don't know if it was actually verified in court, that Travis complained to a friend that Jodi was hacking into his accounts. You would think it would have come out that they had previously exchanged passwords then, if that were the case. We have only heard her version... which is eminently questionable...

And in terms of the abuse thing, yeah I guess that makes sense too. Because that only came out wayyy after the arrest.

Ships: Welcome is there much interest in this case down under?

I have been here from the beginning and have read close to 100% of the posts. So I am going to say can someone give me a reason for the overkill in this case. I don't care what the two experts say, why was TA stabbed 27 times, his throat cut, and he was shot in the face. There is nothing anyone has said that explains this. This is the crux of the case and all the rest is fluff. This was a horrific murder and no one has explained the horror of it. This is what I want to know. jmo

I imagine a team of psychiatrists flown in from Vienna could examine this chick for 44 hours each and she would never crack.

I never thought he looked angry but did think he looked very serious, perplexed, and pensive. He did not like what he was seeing imo.

That close up photo will forever haunt me. I will never forget it nor Travis.

I cannot imagine any of the Jurors looking at it and not being haunted by it...if only because it is mere seconds before he would be so brutally murdered. Hopefully Juan Martinez will remind them of it during his closing arguments and/or the penalty phase.

:(

MOO

Take a look at the middle pic... there are droplets of water. To me that means the shower door is closed. moo

seven.jpg

Do you see steam on the glass? It's because the door is open. Do you see water running down glass? No, because the door is open. In the whole 8 minutes, did you see him use any soap? No, because he's in there specifically to pose, not to shower. Do you see all the different angles Jodi was standing to get pictures of him from left to right to center? She can't get those angles in that oddly shaped bathroom without him seeing her there.

dep_2115360-Beautiful-woman-taking-a-shower..jpg

shower-sing-singing-in-the-shower-song-Favim.com-623968.jpg

Here, I don't believe we see silver frame going along the top of this picture to show that the door was closed. Lack of steam and streaking water indicates the door was open the whole time. The water droplets in the air in front of his face on that one picture are frozen in time as the fall from the shower head because the shower water is still running.

52224top_zps1bfabe67.jpg

I guess the problem for me is that I don't care why. It happened and she needs to be punished for it. The reason doesn't really matter to me. It is a done deed and she needs to pay for it. Period. She took someone's life in a horrific way and that is it for me. Maybe when she meets her maker they will care, but I don't. jmo

Agreed...no motive needed for me...I think it is impossible to get inside that whacko chics mind and honestly it would scare the heck out of me if I could !

Hiya, I wrote for the first time about a week ago, and I know there was at least one response with a question to me, and Ive since lost track of it - things move so fast on these threads. So I apologise to whoever I didn't get back to. But I thank you for taking the time to respond.

Ive been toing and froing about the extent to which Jodi has doctored her journals, and noticed this little excerpt which Ive read before, but something jumped out at me.

pip, as you mentioned in your post, this specific little bit above (BBM) might be further evidence to indicate that she has rewritten her journal, which obviously indicates a post-crime clean up, which basically invalidates her journal - nullifying a fair chunk of her defence.

So my question is:
Why is she retrospectively explaining to her journal about the reasons for exchanging passwords for gmail, facebook etc?

We aren't privvy to the whole journal yet, but it would seem strange to me, that such a relevant, and 'journal worthy' anecdote would be left aside - that is, that she wouldn't have mentioned it in her journal in any way previously. It doesn't violate the law of attraction as far as I can tell. And I reckon it reeks of over explanation.

It could be that in her rewrite of the journal (if indeed she did rewrite the whole thing) that she missed out on this important tidbit, and realised she needed to put it in to substantiate some of her stories.

Anyway, been mulling over that one.

I'm still of the opinion, that despite her adherence to this 'law of attraction' that it would have certainly served her purposes for defence to explicitly include her allegations of abuse etc in the journal. So I'm still left wondering why she would leave that out. Perhaps she thought that would indeed look like 'over explanation' and chose not to include it so as not to look like she has constructed the story post crime. Meh, I dunno.

IMO, Jodi needed to portray the image that all was well and forgiven between the two of them. She was aware that others knew about her hacking into his accounts and needed to portray that Travis had not only forgiven her but that he was willing to trust Jodi again and offered up his passwords to her as a token of that trust.

OT The prosecuter in the Winkler trial was inept. It was the 1st time I ever live streamed 2 trials at the same time, Melanie McGuire and Mary Winkler And Skanky Jodi could certainly asure Mary you don't need surgery from anal sex:floorlaugh:

I missed that trial but saw a tv special on it years ago....Another poster said Mary had some high profile attys defending her and also the prosecutor was not very good...Seems the town they had the trial was only around 4000 in population.

Nurmi has defended sex offenders. Now before anyone jumps down my throat, I know JA is guilty as hell and will be found guilty. But, in the U.S. everyone is entitled to representation. I'd much rather live in a society that looked at everyone as innocent until proven guilty than the other way around.

I'm happy to agree with you. :clap:

I was rewatching Travis ex girlfriends testimony last night...I could see the hatred in Jodi's eyes for her...I could almost FEEL her thinking that she had one thing from Travis that Jodi could never achieve...his love and respect...the look in Jodi's eyes when she spoke of Travis wanting to marry her...she was a really cute girl too.

That one cute blond girl had to say Travis was cheating on her with Jodi Arias; you could see Jodi gloat and then, do the little "aww, I'm sorry" look. No, she's not. She slashed those tires and knocked on the door, she wanted to ruin the rest of the night. In a way, she wanted them to know it was her. She kept anything from happening on their date, slashed tires all over again the next night. If you are crawling through doggy doors to break up a date, honey--you got serious problems!

Jodi can spin those stories as her DT can how she was welcome at Travis' house at anytime. Why, she lived there for months! ha. Sleep in his bed, eat his food, sleep on the couch. She's covering up for the stalker reports.
I wonder if JW and KN believe Jodi, how could they?

Im sure 4 yesrs passed because attorneys were not going into court with the ninja story. Thens she comes up with abuse.Also, if you recall, she would text his girlfriend from his phone saying how happy he was with Jodi. Shes LULU.

Oh, and one more thought -- remember when her Dad said in the interview that "she was gonna marry him"? I think she might have been telling family (and limited friends) that that was going to happen -- and after Travis' rant and the arranged trip to Cancun, that was obviously never going to occur. Not that she should have known sooner, mind you -- just that the fact that her Dad said that immediately suggests to me she had concocted quite a tale for everyone else (just like the fantasy journals) about the "relationship" and was about to have to face the music, including eating a lot of humble pie. I think her narcissism couldn't take that. Narcissistic rage, my bet.

:cow:

You are right on! Not only is the above true, but all of her Mormon/PPL friends would know she was not a part of Travis' life anymore. She couldn't endure that embarrassment.

Do you think JA is guilty of first degree murder?

Hell YES! If there was a Zero degree murder she'd be guilty of that too! The amount of premeditation that was involved in this crime is overwhelming. Just imagine how anyone could be so cold blooded...it's almost unimaginable. Damn her.

Hello, Sleuths! Reading here is so much more than other boards. So informative, respectful, funny, and well, just more depth than others. So happy I was able to join.
:welcome4:

Travis told a Dr friend of his, look at Jodi, if Im ever found dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redjanmarie