weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About that picture of Travis in the shower with both his hands on his chest, do you think he had been stabbed and that's why his hands were up on his chest?

I thought at first it might, but now I think she stabbed him in the chest while in the seated position. He would have started filling up with blood, grabbing at knife, start coughing, got and ran to the sink, meanwhile she keeps stabbing. He had to get up out of that shower in the first few seconds after that stab to chest or he's dead....so I think she did that first. Look at the pattern of the back....his shoulders have to open forward to allow her that tight, frenzied pattern. You can see he leaned on the sink, hands bleeding. That blood is spurting from his hands, deep wounds. Cough sprays blood/lung fluids from chest wound. I think the knife/slash wounds came to the back at the sink, in seconds till he stumbled away, falling down and crawling in hallway or he used wall to stay half-way upright...smears on wall.

Because the accomplice kept the gun and her bloody clothes as insurance?

Wow, hadn't considered this before!! You raise a very interesting and possible scenario grammy.

I've always felt that MM was much more involved in this crime outside of being present during the murder.

I really wish AZ. was as open with their judicial system as states such as Florida. IMO this judge and Nurmi have excessively and unnecessarily sealed records and hearings in this case but that's another topic.

About that picture of Travis in the shower with both his hands on his chest, do you think he had been stabbed and that's why his hands were up on his chest?

I do!! I think because of the upward thrust trajectory of the wound he was standing and slid to sitting position. The ME stated he wouldn't have bled profusely unless he was really leaning forward which might explain the sink.

Good morning all! I had to step away from this case for a few days. As I am sure you could see from the amount of :banghead::furious::banghead::furious: in my posts, I was quickly reaching my limit with this case and the DT (I got my first mod snip :blushing: )!

But now I am back and ready for Juannnnn! Woooo!!! I think that he will make sure that I don't have to lose my new found serenity.

Does anyone know if JA's grandparents were interviewed by LE? TIA

Third time asking!:facepalm:

There has been no confirmation of that, but given JA was living at and arrested at their home, and that the burglary occurred at their home, it's pretty safe to assume they were interrogated at least twice.

Their property was searched after JA's arrest, wonder if 3 gas cans were found?

Good morning everybody! I can't wait for Juan. I was just thinking how I would end the rebuttal case, if I were Juan:

Sandy Arias would be my last witness on the stand, I would play the police interview tape and have her say she asked the killer if she went to AZ and JA said no and I have the receipts to prove it.

da-da-dummm :seeya:

List of calls between Travis and Jodi:

From Travis to Jodi
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 seconds = 16.85 mins
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 seconds = 40.83 mins

From Jodi to Travis
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 seconds
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 seconds = 2.83 mins
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 seconds = 2.15 mins
6/3/08 8:34 pm 49 seconds
6/4/08 11:37 pm *called and left message on his voice mail after she had killed him

Jodi's last purchase in Pasadena, CA before heading to Mesa, AZ was at 8:46 pm. It takes around 5 hours and 23 mins to reach Mesa, AZ from Pasadena, CA. During the second interview with Det Flores Jodi claims she arrived in Mesa around 3 am, however when on the stand Jodi claimed she arrived in Mesa around 4 am. IF Travis knew that Jodi was on her way to Mesa to see him then I do not believe that it would have been a short, less than one minute, phone call between them. Ryan B expected Jodi to arrive in Utah between 12 and 1 pm on 6/4/08. Ryan testified that he called Jodi several times when she did not arrive on time because he was worried about her and the calls went to voicemail. IF Travis had expected Jodi once she left Pasadena I would expect to see several calls between the two of them so Travis would know how far away she was. However, this is not the case as there were no more phone calls to Travis after 8:34 pm on 6/3/08. Jodi also, IMO, would not have gone through the trouble of renting a white, non-descript car; carrying 3 five gallon gas cans full of gas and covering her trail into and out of AZ if she had told Travis that she was on her way to see him. There was no way for her to control WHO Travis might have told about him expecting her.

MOO

Who was the guy that Jodi said Travis threw out or he left because Travis thought he was a (sexual) deviant (noticed that word first appeared here) with him. I know I read somewhere that guy said Travis talked to him on June 3rd. Whether it is true or not, don't know. Jodi would have snooped on T's phone and started covering her bases immediately with Flores, so I've been wondering about this. In interview, Jodi was giving Flores names...but, just shy of accusing. Trying to throw the trail another way. If this guy did talk to Travis on June 3rd evening, it is important.

That's the photo I want JM to shove into ALV's face today and ask where this would fit into her continuum of abuse where mean words are considered extreme? I suspect she hasn't seen her Snow Whites handiwork before.

Yes that would pretty much sum it up don't you think?

:seeya:

Good afternoon

Looking forward to juan today but im probably going to miss it.

Have I missed much?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

We can rehabilitate murdering sociopaths up here rose don't ya know. We're special that way.<<<sarcasm off>> And we aren't offended because what you said is sadly true.

Oh, KaRN, I can't agree with you there, at least not in general. If anyone is thinking of Homolka as an example, her case was an aberration, just as the Casey Anthony verdict was.

We do have the Dangerous Offenders Act which works well, as per Olsen and Bernardo. Not having cameras in the courtrooms here does prevent the grandstanding by the lawyers, as do the gag orders. It's because we don't have much information until after the verdict that I find the American trials so fascinating.

Off to do some shopping now, before Juan digs back in. I woke up this morning wondering what delay tactics the defence have up their sleeves for today!

The grandparents were questioned in re: the theft (there was testimony during the state's cic from the responding officer)

I do not know if they were questioned after the murder? Their home was searched at the time of arias' arrest so I would think they were but not sure.

Thanks for that information. Did the police know, at the time of the search, of the engagement ring that was stolen from Travis' house? tia

Ugh how much longer 4 and a half hours?

I felt terrible yesterday I was sending a friend of mine (she doesn't follow the trial) a picture of my son after his 2nd biopsy....and I accidentally sent one of TA's autopsy photos instead :facepalm: I know she thought I was crazy.

Been gone all weekend. Watching IS right now, with Jodi's dad. I didn't know he lost his kidneys in a motorcycle accident. :eek: I hate hearing that!

Ugh how much longer 4 and a half hours?

I felt terrible yesterday I was sending a friend of mine (she doesn't follow the trial) a picture of my son after his 2nd biopsy....and I accidentally sent one of TA's autopsy photos instead :facepalm: I know she thought I was crazy.
Its good that you did not include one of the photos of Jodi's pelvic cosmetics

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Been gone all weekend. Watching IS right now, with Jodi's dad. I didn't know he lost his kidneys in a motorcycle accident. :eek: I hate hearing that!

Thanks, I didn't think that in session came on until 10 a.m.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Did I miss a discussion of why the returned rental car smelled of smoke? JA does not smoke cigarettes, MM (according to his recently posted Facebook (or MySpace?) bio is a "ninja" that does not smoke, DB - per JA does smoke.

If the car was exposed to her burning any evidence, how long would that smoke smell remain in the vehicle? We have taken trips here in FL. and traveled through the smoke of wildfires but the smell has never permeated our vehicle for any extended length of time. Minutiae, I know...but I have wondered if the smell could be an indication of where/when/if the evidence may have been burned?

ETA: My apologies, I did miss this discussion! A search of the topic found posts that state the rental car, per the rental contract, smelled of smoke when she rented it. Lesson learned: search first!

Oh, KaRN, I can't agree with you there, at least not in general. If anyone is thinking of Homolka as an example, her case was an aberration, just as the Casey Anthony verdict was.

We do have the Dangerous Offenders Act which works well, as per Olsen and Bernardo. Not having cameras in the courtrooms here does prevent the grandstanding by the lawyers, as do the gag orders. It's because we don't have much information until after the verdict that I find the American trials so fascinating.

Off to do some shopping now, before Juan digs back in. I woke up this morning wondering what delay tactics the defence have up their sleeves for today!

ITA. However, the gag orders in Canada are always during preliminary hearings only, so as not to taint the prospective jury pool. I think that's fair because if the media finds out all the evidence before a trial, everyone in the country would know about it. :what: Then where to find a neutral jury? :seeya:

I thought at first it might, but now I think she stabbed him in the chest while in the seated position. He would have started filling up with blood, grabbing at knife, start coughing, got and ran to the sink, meanwhile she keeps stabbing. He had to get up out of that shower in the first few seconds after that stab to chest or he's dead....so I think she did that first. Look at the pattern of the back....his shoulders have to open forward to allow her that tight, frenzied pattern. You can see he leaned on the sink, hands bleeding. That blood is spurting from his hands, deep wounds. Cough sprays blood/lung fluids from chest wound. I think the knife/slash wounds came to the back at the sink, in seconds till he stumbled away, falling down and crawling in hallway or he used wall to stay half-way upright...smears on wall.

Yes that makes sense what you've said. I just think it's such an odd pose in a shower. Maybe he knows what lies ahead for him and he's praying. Poor soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankfurtfun