weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listening to JA's Dad's interview with DF. He spoke about her intermittent rage. She is so controlled on the stand and in the courtroom. I bet we'd be horrified to see what that rage looks like when she can't control it. We've seen what she's capable of. She's scary to begin with. She's cold to the core. And capable of much more. I pray she never walks free again in this lifetime, or the next, or the next....

List of calls between Travis and Jodi:

From Travis to Jodi
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 seconds = 16.85 mins
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 seconds = 40.83 mins

From Jodi to Travis
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 seconds
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 seconds = 2.83 mins
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 seconds = 2.15 mins
6/3/08 8:34 pm 49 seconds
6/4/08 11:37 pm *called and left message on his voice mail after she had killed him

Jodi's last purchase in Pasadena, CA before heading to Mesa, AZ was at 8:46 pm. It takes around 5 hours and 23 mins to reach Mesa, AZ from Pasadena, CA. During the second interview with Det Flores Jodi claims she arrived in Mesa around 3 am, however when on the stand Jodi claimed she arrived in Mesa around 4 am. IF Travis knew that Jodi was on her way to Mesa to see him then I do not believe that it would have been a short, less than one minute, phone call between them. Ryan B expected Jodi to arrive in Utah between 12 and 1 pm on 6/4/08. Ryan testified that he called Jodi several times when she did not arrive on time because he was worried about her and the calls went to voicemail. IF Travis had expected Jodi once she left Pasadena I would expect to see several calls between the two of them so Travis would know how far away she was. However, this is not the case as there were no more phone calls to Travis after 8:34 pm on 6/3/08. Jodi also, IMO, would not have gone through the trouble of renting a white, non-descript car; carrying 3 five gallon gas cans full of gas and covering her trail into and out of AZ if she had told Travis that she was on her way to see him. There was no way for her to control WHO Travis might have told about him expecting her.

MOO

Thanks so much for posting this! It's VERY telling. I have always had a feeling that the last 40 minute phone convo from TA to JA in the early morning hours of June 2 was the "I'm D-O-N-E, done! I'm not answering your calls or texts or emails or anything else so get out of my life" one. Four hours later, she was standing at the Budget counter, picking up her white rental car. :twocents:

I doubt there is anything more the State learned. By the time they learned which rental car company it was, it had already been cleaned and rented out again. They did not test it for any remaining evidence since it would have been compromised and not useful.

However, the witness from the rental company was helpful in picking Jodi out from a photo lineup and testifying that she had blonde hair when she rented the car.

And that she refused a red car because it's too noticeable, and wanted something inconspicuous. :twocents:

should we start a sidebar pool? looking forward to today's testimony but i'm anticipating hearing ''your honor, may we approach" about 20 times!

Day the defendant was arrested, July 15, 2008
Detective Flores first talked to the defendant, then her dad, then her mom

Jodi's poor dad. He did not like having to sit in the back of a squad car. He said he would rather walk home, than sit back there again. :(

And they had a 56 minute telephone call while she was @MM's house?
why am I so hung- up on that visit Can someone please tell me?

oh also...speaking of which
I have been looking all over for a link for the snail mail address for TA's siblings fund. If someone would repost a link or the address thank you Thank you!

I am looking forward to a long ( and very interrupted by objections) stretch of #Juan. :great:

What date did the 56 min. call take place? Have we seen Jodi's phone records in their entirety?

Clearly DB is involved in this mess more than we have heard about.
Gus has gone on to explain that Jodi called him as she was leaving Travis' house and informed Gus that Travis was dead. Yet, Gus didn't act on this such as calling 911, notifying any of the PPL staff or turned Jodi in.

should we start a sidebar pool? looking forward to today's testimony but i'm anticipating hearing ''your honor, may we approach" about 20 times!

Now ma'am, it sounds like what you mean to say is 20 times per hour... right?

It sure looks that way! I don't see any blood though, unless a wound like that wouldn't bleed profusely??? IDK :what:

It would bleed profusely but slowly because she punctured a vein returning to the heart not an artery under great pressure exiting it. Veins tend to ooze, arteries spurt. He may also have been bleeding internally more than externally and I think his instinct after such a wound would have been to protect the area with his arms and squeeze them tight as it appears he's doing in the picture.

What appears as the drain of the shower in the sitting picture, has always appeared very dark brown / red as opposed to chrome coloured to me. :facepalm:

I love your avatar. We had to put down our 14-year-old golden retriever yesterday and the house feels empty. The other golden is moping and mourning the loss of his sister. It was touching to see the cute doggie near your name.

So sorry about your doggie -- I am happy to hear you have another to be near you, though. :seeya:

I doubt there is anything more the State learned. By the time they learned which rental car company it was, it had already been cleaned and rented out again. They did not test it for any remaining evidence since it would have been compromised and not useful.

However, the witness from the rental company was helpful in picking Jodi out from a photo lineup and testifying that she had blonde hair when she rented the car.

BBM

Nothing like having somebody else detail and get rid of evidence in the vehicle you used to commit a horrific murder. She gave up on the crime scene, too. JA really was NOTHING like Snow White! I'll bet she kept a squeaky clean cottage! :blushing:

I'm not much of a Dr. Phil fan but there are a few of his sayings that I refer to all the time because they are just true.
'Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing.' is one of my tenets of life.
JA has lived a life of hiding, secrets and being stealthy. Even from a much younger age. She made sure no one, including her parents, could 'snoop'. That tells us all that she's been doing hinky things for YEARS.
Even when she was no longer living at home, her Mom wasn't allowed to visit because JA didn't want her snooping. What on earth was there to snoop for, JA? What's the big secret (s)?
This pot was due to boil over sooner or later. There are so many things she's done that we will never know. Her family is lucky they weren't massacred. Poor TA took it for many others before him. God Bless him.

One thing I forgot to mention last week I found annoying about ALV.. (in addition to alot of other stuff) lol, was how in part of her game i think to appeal to the older people on the jury, she was trying to act all stupid when it came to anything regarding computers. Like "uhh email? instant message? uhhhh not really sure about all that stuff, hahahaha." but she didnt skip a beat when Juan brought up the Snow White thing. She gladly said about it being on you tube. Funny she knows about you tube but plays stupid when it comes to emails? No big deal but just wanted to mention it. lol.

i think she's a predator. Like a serial killer, they get pent up frustration and to relieve the pressure they kill. i think she could have cornered an unsuspecting person in an isolated area and done away with them. She liked to go in parks etc. alone. She probably started with animals first. Judge Sedelin said she needed therapy and heavy duty drugs, i don't believe she would have gone to therapy or taken the meds. I'm anxious for today, when Juan comes on.:yesss:

Who is Judge Sedelin? Is this from juvenile court?

I love your avatar. We had to put down our 14-year-old golden retriever yesterday and the house feels empty. The other golden is moping and mourning the loss of his sister. It was touching to see the cute doggie near your name.

Hugs to you. I am so sorry for your loss. My two Puggles are brothers and I can't imagine what I will deal with when that day comes. Sending you and your goldens prayers.

What date did the 56 min. call take place? Have we seen Jodi's phone records in their entirety?

Clearly DB is involved in this mess more than we have heard about.
Gus has gone on to explain that Jodi called him as she was leaving Travis' house and informed Gus that Travis was dead. Yet, Gus didn't act on this such as calling 911, notifying any of the PPL staff or turned Jodi in.

I believe these two calls together were 56 minutes. They were in the wee hours of the morning (3 am) on June 2. I got confused, too, because I thought she spent that night at MM's. (She did, but that pushed her into June 3.)

She was still in Yreka at this point. :twocents:

He would have been coughing up blood from that wound to the chest, internal injury. Lungs could have nicked. That blood is going to start come up. Both the coroner at trial and several coroners on TV have talked about the blood in the sink. I think she could have been stabbing in the back at the sink, reaching around chest area to stab more, stabbing back of the head.
Travis standing at the sink, holding on...rapid stabbing to the back in frenzied, tight pattern to the back...think about hunching at the sink. Slice/stab, slice/stab, etc. Self-defense?

the stab to the back of his head was so hard it chipped the bone. i think that would be enough to make him dazed or pass out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankfurtfun