weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by rose222
Hello all!

I felt sick for several hours today after seeing one of Travis' neck wound (it was gaping open) for the first time. I really felt like I was going to faint or something.I'd sooner believe that the sun is cold than Arias' claims of self-defense or even that it was a crime of passion.

I'm in a 'JM will hammer all of your Defense people down completely' mood. I want to see ALV gasp and shake like a fish just out of water.
[/I][/I]

Yep. And that is why she WILL get the DP. Those jurors are going to have all the autopsy photos in there with them when they deliberate. One of them is going to hold up that photo and say, "The person who did this should not be on this planet."

In response to Rose222, I felt the same way you did about Travis' neck wound. I seen the picture by accident on another forum as I was scrolling down and I literally dropped to my knees crying. I never in the future want to see any of his crime scene/autopsy photos ever! I'm just not a strong person I guess. I want to remember him as he was, not the way she butchered him. Hopefully, the memory of that photo will fade.

That said, Shuby mentions jurors having the crime scene/autopsy photos during deliberations. Dr. Drew said something that stuck with me on one his shows several weeks ago. He said regardless of everything that has been said and shown in this trial, at the end of the day, all you have to do is go back and look at these pictures and that says it all, it will be very clear. Hopefully, the jurors will feel the same way.

I also have a question. I was reading on another site, and a poster was bashing ALV calling Travis the perpetrator. I read where KCL talked about ALV confronting Travis' sister during a break in court. This poster mentioned that ALV walked up to Travis' sister during a break in court and said,

"It was nothing personal". OMG, is this true???? How insulting! IF it's true, that is like saying, 'Come closer honey, so I can slap you.' OMG! Sickening!

The magical day has finally arrived! We get to watch Juan Martinez continue to unravel the myths in Jodi's journals as interpreted by Alyce LaViolette. JM will masterfully shred the tall tales that Jodi wove in her voluminous writings and eventually prove to ALV that most of JA's stories were just that - stories made up to try to paint herself as a helpless victim. How ironic is it that the real victim in this case was a gifted motivational speaker and that it will be a motivational speaker who will likely seal the fate of the perpetrator? :moo:

Aaaaaand prolly another day of THs telling us how bad JM is, despite the fact that JM has tried more cases than all of them put together. :banghead:

Maybe RS should talk to her and help her with her current 'fight or flight response' LOL I'd be wanting to dig a hole and crawl into it rather than face JM again, seriously.

Such a tangled web she weaves in an effort to deceive. You'd think a woman her age would have the wisdom to just tell the truth. She's been paid already.

that's what i like to see. i just hope no imaginary calamity happened over the weekend that the defense wants a hearing about.

Things should hopefully spin back on the DT today, depending on how Judge S decides to deal with ALV's unfathomable approach to Samantha last week. If she does that in an open court, then happy viewing. If not, I guess they'll take ALV back into the chambers.

that's what i like to see. i just hope no imaginary calamity happened over the weekend that the defense wants a hearing about.

CNN has started posting the start time for live stream coverage of the Jodi Arias trial as "estimated". :D

Imagine the hubris of Jodi, who didn't even have a GED, chiding her mom for never going to college and making something of herself. Late 20s and no GED, no marketable skills, bad credit history, nothing to offer but looks/sexual expertise depreciating in value with each passing day, yet it's her mother who's the slacker? What ails her can't be fixed, never could and never will.

I guess I'm just an eternal optimist, but I think anything can be fixed. For Jodi, though, I don't know that that would happen in this lifetime...

I'm not sure what "moo" means, but it cracks me up when you guys say it. Maybe it applies here, so :moo:!

Sorry! I cleared my whole week, even to the point of having my taxes done yesterday-how pathetic is that?
Hi ... my name is ATL

We started a trial addiction group within the threads this weekend.

so you must start each post by saying your name and in admitting you are an addict.

And giving yourself up to the juanderful higher power. :D.

I don't think we've made the 12 steps up yet though. leaving that for the more creative people.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last night as I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep my thoughts were that so many on WS were probably restless last night in anticipation of todays court session. lol

I swear to God nothing in my life better interrupt me today! lol

I just saw one of those "greeting card" things on FB that I thought was SO appropriate for this trial. I can't post it and repeat it verbatim, but basically it goes like this:

I wanna be there when karma [insert Jodi's usual sexual past-time] you with a cactus.

Mmhmm.

I agree in regards to the pets, shades of Casey Anthony anyone?

The way people treat animals speaks volumes to me about their character. By her own accounts her family kept the dog chained to a tree and did nothing with it other than give it food and water. No walks, no playing, little attention. Total neglect.

I've seen it too many times - people get pets because the kids ask for one, or they are just adorable puppies - but then with time they realize they don't want to do all the work involved in training and raising a dog and so the dog becomes uncontrollable or destructive. Then the poor animal becomes a victim of neglect and sometimes abuse. I've seen parallels in the way these same people parent their kids - laziness, takes too much energy to do it the right way so they let the kids do whatever they want and then ask "what did we do wrong?"

Just ranting - it's a sore subject with me. If you get a pet, it's a family member, period - or don't do it at all![/QUOTE]

Hear, Hear. :greatpost:

I agree in regards to the pets, shades of Casey Anthony anyone?

The way people treat animals speaks volumes to me about their character. By her own accounts her family kept the dog chained to a tree and did nothing with it other than give it food and water. No walks, no playing, little attention. Total neglect.

I've seen it too many times - people get pets because the kids ask for one, or they are just adorable puppies - but then with time they realize they don't want to do all the work involved in training and raising a dog and so the dog becomes uncontrollable or destructive. Then the poor animal becomes a victim of neglect and sometimes abuse. I've seen parallels in the way these same people parent their kids - laziness, takes too much energy to do it the right way so they let the kids do whatever they want and then ask "what did we do wrong?"

Just ranting - it's a sore subject with me. If you get a pet, it's a family member, period - or don't do it at all![/QUOTE]

A wild animal could have gotten into the trash. It sounds more like there was a trash problem more so than the animal problem. Kids very often take the lazy way out so it was more likely Jodi that was a fault and her parents made her clean it up, which was the right thing to do. Jodi just never learned from her actions because she still blames the dog. jmo

Totally OT but I have a beautiful little red bird, (maybe a finch ?) eating from the bird feeder on my downtown balcony. I've never seen anything like him/her before. That little bird is part of the reason I live a life that would keep me out of jail.
No more pretty singing birds for you JA EVER!!!

Know what would keep me out of prison in AZ? No airconditioning 24/7!!!!

should we start a sidebar pool? looking forward to today's testimony but i'm anticipating hearing ''your honor, may we approach" about 20 times!

and that would be just the morning session......:floorlaugh:

Reading that made me curious so I googled, "Vegas odds, Jodi Arias." There were a couple articles on how oddsmakers shy away from murder trials, (understandably), but I LOLed at this one hit that came up for a thread on a sports betting forum titled, "Jodi Arias....Would you hit it?"
Oh you boys! :facepalm:

probably cause they lost their a$$$$ on OJ ...

Hope we learn which 5 books ALV gave Jodi.

"Sticks and Stones May Break Bones, but Mean Words Will Get You Killed"

"Horrible Name Callers, and the Docile Angels Who Stay With Them"

Others?

The Continuum Can Set You Free. All Depends on the Fee

Things should hopefully spin back on the DT today, depending on how Judge S decides to deal with ALV's unfathomable approach to Samantha last week. If she does that in an open court, then happy viewing. If not, I guess they'll take ALV back into the chambers.

I still can't believe she had the unmitigated gall to approach Samantha! That was purely for her own benefit! How selfish and cruel. What did she want in return?

Hey Samantha, sorry about trashing your slaughtered brother up there, just so you know... Its just my job... No hard feelings ok?

What a despicable woman!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She gave Arias five or six books on domestic violence. I'm sure that Arias tailored her story to match the book contents.
I quite agree. For me, a superficial, 'book-knowledge' of IPV explains how and why she still sounds like a victim nearly five years after being away from her supposed abuser. She wouldn't realize that many abuse victims move away from minimizing their abuser's actions, or even protecting their abuser, with time and distance from the relationship.

(It probably explains where Travis' 'becoming reactive when she showed signs of exerting her independence' came from too. ;)) I'd be willing to bet that's an exact phrase in one of those books.

Good morning all! I'm bumming that I can't watch the trial this morning...but, law school is in the way.

I'll be thinking of all you Sleuthers, and I'll be looking forward to check out the replay of the coljuanoscopy ALV gets today. :rocker:

Aaaaaand prolly another day of THs telling us how bad JM is, despite the fact that JM has tried more cases than all of them put together. :banghead:

I stopped watching HLN after JC testified about the Juan "photo session" :rolleyes: The THs can talk all they want; I won't be listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly