weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta Go, going to a friends place (no knives there....LOL)

Take care, talk to you later

I am <
picgifs-27-7d01d491ca13b46326aeeeaa5d07f0acbe1f4ed9.gif
> .......Gone

Later....:rocker:

I kind of (forgive me) like her last name. It has a certain flourish.

Is it really her last name? like birth name? Because I kind of enjoy the last name as well...

I welcome any tomatoes thrown my way! :seeya:

Dear Diary,

Alyce made a mess of my case, so she can have all those books back. And she can have back those dumb "O" magazines she sent. What good are they now when that guard figured out my code. Dang. He's smarter than he looks.

I’m going to have to rethink my strategy quick because I don't know why Alyce is coming back next week but now all of a sudden the Judge is a meanie and Alyce is 2 steps from melting into a puddle if anybody looks at her cross eyed. Man, wtf. How did that hateful prosecutor de edify her like that and so fast?

I really am reaching the end of my rope here. It’s bad enough I have no body in my hair, no makeup, no cold sore cream and they're making me dress like a Quaker every day, which is embarrassing. But now things are seriously looking bleak. The jury doesn't think I'm harmless, after all. So what was the point of wearing these plastic glasses and teasing out 5 bangs every day? And eBay shut down my art selling. What is going on here? Why is everyone picking on ME?

What upsets me the most, Dear Diary, is I can’t leave this nice jail where I’m queen of the inmates. If they send me to a real prison with hardcore bad asses, I’m going to really know what a used piece of toilet paper feels like inside a week. :-( So I’m sending positive thoughts into the universe that domestic violence lady can pull my arse out of the fire SHE SET.
xoxoxo Jodi
Priceless!!!

:clap: :clap:

It's not the judge's job to prep her though. It is the defense attorney's job to do that.

Yeah I know.

But I would bet my last dollar the judge did too! Even after the judge instructed her from the bench the witness did as she pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until you mentioned this, I'd completely forgotten that my husband had Chinese Restaurant Syndrome. It's when you combine alcohol with MSG. He had to give up drinking beer in Chinese restaurants, much to his annoyance.

Lol, that's a new one. Don't tell Jodi or it will be her defense on appeal.

Well that video creeped me out. I think Arias was just creeping about as usual... I refuse to watch it again!

She can barely keep her eyes open. I believe she is on some type of drug for her nerves.

What I found that seemed to completely crush the defense was when ALV said Jodi never told her she felt sexually degraded and that as far as she knows Jodi has never claimed to have been sexually degraded. She added that Jodi was just a participant in a sexual relationship. ....OK so now what was the point of Nurmi's 18 days of anal/oral questions to Jodi???? I thought it was about how poor Jodi was sexually degraded.

Exactly. I thought she felt like a piece of used toilet paper. What a waste of a good analogy. :giggle:

I think Jodi should write in her journals. She could
do a backwards count to her last day on the planet
because her days are numbered :)
Can we start referring to her as her case
number, instead of Jodi. I'll look it up.

She lied to the jury! Blatantly. He knew she never testified for any man in a criminal case, yet she lied and told the jury maybe once or twice. When he called her on it, she admitted that she wrote a report and never actually testified. She got busted!

And the worse part is I don't think she really cared she GOT caught. Now if it were me or you or that dude in the corner, we would have melted into a puddle on the floor, just from the embarrassment alone. She just kept up her shrill defiance. She is one strange *advertiser censored* weirdo.

I would bet that she's a great witness when the facts are on her side. She can run through her little continuum and talk about her groups and all the advisory boards she is on and it all plays very well. But she's too defensive to testify to anything that can be legitimately questioned.

Oh, that continuum! It's a real thing, it's not a real thing, I use it, I don't use it, I use it only for training, I used it in this case, I didn't use it in this case, it's incomplete, it's always evolving, only I know how to use it because it's basically good for nothing . . . .AAARRGGHH!

That thing was definitely one of the more embarrassing things she did, and she did a whole lot of embarrassing things.

Don't know if my question this morning was answered posts were moving way to fast:-)
Alyce always mentions Lisa D's email to Ta and the Hughes email to Jodi..In Rebuttal can JM bring them back to the stand? Jury needs to hear from from them again..TIA

Around 32:45 into part 3 of the JA trial day 46 put on youtube croakerqueen123's channel today, JA is CLEARLY up to something clandestine having to do with JW's chair. No. Question. About. It. Here is a slo-mo, then normal speed video of it.

Jodi Diddles JW's Chair

• First she kicks JW's chair away/into position.

• Then she twirls the seat of JW's chair into a different position.

• Then she slowly pulls JW's chair alongside her own, using her foot.

• She waits a little bit, looks covertly out the side of her eyes to see if anyone is glancing at her.

• She picks up a notebook and grasps it near the middle with her left hand, then slides the thumb across the bottom of the page.

• She puts her hand down on the arm of her own chair and makes a couple of picking motions.

• She quickly moves her hand to JW's chair at the back of the armrest.

• She works the end of the armrest along the back and bottom of it. It looks like she's screwing or unscrewing something and/or picking/poking at something.

• She jerks her head up and looks at the bench conference, pretending to be interested in what they are doing, but continues to diddle the back and bottom of the armrest on JW's chair.

• She quickly pulls her hand back to in front of her, picks up a stubby pencil and starts to write or pretend to write as the conference breaks up and the lawyers head back toward their respective tables.

I never actually saw anything IN her hands other than the notebook and the pencil, but she did something she shouldn't have been doing (I think she hides something). Does D have access to those chairs after the court clears out or before court convenes?

It's the pencil. She had it in between her fingers then you saw it between the ring finger (her boo boo) and mr.tall man then it's gone after she was poking of (destruction of county property ) the side of JW's chair. She then opens her journal and reaches up and takes another pencil.

It seemed to me like she was a very inexperienced witness, and she was not prepared well by the attorneys who retained her. I mean, just basic stuff like quit talking when there's an objection - only answer the question asked, don't get defensive or try to guess where the prosecutor is trying to lead you ...etc.

I also believe she was in the dark about a whole lot of info.

Why wouldn't common sense tell her she wasn't getting all the info? Why wouldn't she insist on being able to do some of her interviews? Being such a stickler for 'context', why wouldn't she ask for more texts and IM's than she was provided?

She said she would quit a case if she didn't believe in it and yet she clearly got cherry picked pieces of the puzzle. Isn't that her fault? I think she is rigid in her theories and hates men. I think she said what she really believes and wouldn't change her mind even if JA told her 'alyce, he never touched me. And I wasn't defending myself that day.'

She'd probably still think JA is a victim and is just, again, protecting her abuser.

I would bet that she's a great witness when the facts are on her side. She can run through her little continuum and talk about her groups and all the advisory boards she is on and it all plays very well. But she's too defensive to testify to anything that can be legitimately questioned.

Yes, she can probably testify about the emotions and behavior involved in abuse when abuse is a proven fact, but she was trying to play "investigator" of what the facts are as well as lie detector. She has no more expertise in that than anyone on the jury.

That's a thought. I'm certainly going to put that on the list of her motivations I have running in my head.
Don't you think the DT know this case is a loser and that ALV was just a Hail Mary? I don't think they had strong expectations that this would work, jus that it was worth a shot (no pun intended). JA probably thought (and may still think) it would work because she's used to getting away with her lies.

On the one side we have demeaning slurs, a slap, a shove, a chokehold, and a lunge perpetrated on Jodi. On the other, we have a gunshot to the head, a 4 inch deep throat slit and close to 30 stab wounds delivered by Jodi to Travis. Is not the perpetrator of the greatest domestic violence Jodi?

NO.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just saw this moment replayed on HLN. wow. Just wow. And then when JW tried to come back and rehabilitate that, they dug themselves in even deeper. :no:

Why the heck is she hiding all these pencils? Is she going to run amok in the courtroom?

Lol, that's a new one. Don't tell Jodi or it will be her defense on appeal.

Gee, no, this was in the 1980's. If you google it, there's something in Wikipedia and NIH. Maybe restaurants have toned down there use of MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge