weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I'll investigate on that. I'm on the case. :websleuther:

LOL - Detective Flores is now Juan Martinez's Waterboy ! That would be fine with me - As much energy as Juan uses, he needs water available at all times. Remember how much trouble another Hispanic got in trouble for needing water and didn't have it handy? (OK - Not going there.....).

She had confronted him about dating another woman, and who knows what else, (Jodi and Travis weren't a couple at this point) and claimed that she had found out about it when some stranger approached her at work. Travis didn't believe her and thought she'd gotten her information by breaking into his email account. He demanded she produce the mystery informant or admit she had broken into his private accounts.

I can't figure out how it went over ALV's head that the jury was trying to ask her just this question. They knew that Travis wasn't calling Jodi a liar about him with another woman. He was calling her a liar about how she found out about him seeing another woman. THAT was obvious, but ALV looks befuddled and keeps saying that Jodi's story was true because he was seeing Lisa.

Absolutely, I do. I heard him talk about sex for a very long time and that was only a portion of the conversation.

Here's the unfair thing, and I can't say I have ever seen this happen before--she is commenting on thousands of words she has seen but nobody else will ever be allowed to see. This is so unfair to her because everyone is acting as if this information does not exist. It does exist, you just can't tell.

But, so far, I trust her completely. I'm willing to take her word for what she read and what it means.

IMO

BBM

That is incorrect. EVERYONE involved in this case has been allowed to see these
thousands of words. EVERYONE.

Martinez and Flores have seen these words. And they don't think Travis was physically abusive.

It is amazing to me that you trust her completely. JMO

She had confronted him about dating another woman, and who knows what else, (Jodi and Travis weren't a couple at this point) and claimed that she had found out about it when some stranger approached her at work. Travis didn't believe her and thought she'd gotten her information by breaking into his email account. He demanded she produce the mystery informant or admit she had broken into his private accounts.

I think it was May 28th that Jodi wrote in her journal about losing her cell phone with two phone sex tapes as well as a "very naughty 10 pg text" from TA. She wrote how she hoped no one would find it. Right. She probably told him an exbf or new bf stole the phone and would release the tapes or something along the lines of blaming a mystery 3rd party, per usual. He was calling her out on the BS, IMO.

Why do you think she was shaking it?

Maybe she thought if she shook it hard enough that a genie would pop out and grant her three wishes:

1. A strawberry frap
2. A Cinnabon
3. A fourth story that was more believable than the first three

Maybe she thought if she shook it hard enough that a genie would pop out and grant her three wishes:

1. A strawberry frap
2. A Cinnabon

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Earlier today, I asked my husband about how a Judge could have testimony from a certain witness thrown out, and he gave me some quotes in Latin. I think that was some sort of POWER he was using on me, huh? :facepalm:

1. A strawberry frap
2. A Cinnabon

what? No poprocks? ;)

Earlier today, I asked my husband about how a Judge could have testimony from a certain witness thrown out, and he gave me some quotes in Latin. I think that was some sort of POWER he was using on me, huh? :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure that was verbally abusive. You better just go ahead and get that restraining order now.

>snip<

ALV was hampered by her own biases, especially her "old fashioned" prism where she thinks a preference for a Brazilian is something sinister. >snip<

And let's not forget she thinks a woman in a swimsuit is "near nekkid" lol

Ok, she said "nude" but the nekkid pronunciation fits her 'tude about it.

If what I heard is true, it certainly would be priceless!!

I do know even Kodak made some waterproof disposable cameras so it wouldn't surprise me.

:)

Don't know if anyone mentioned this since I'm WAAAAAAY behind again, but I just looked up the camera that Travis had and it says nothing about any feature of the camera being waterproof or able to be used under water. Though it has many cool features, this one isn't one of them. I would think if it did it would be listed with all the other features and most prominently since it would be a big selling point.

Also, Sony no longer makes it. I don't know why. Seems like a really neat camera.

THat was so bogus for ALV to contend that Travis was 'raging for hours on end.'

She has ZERO experience with emails, IM's and texts. So she does not understand how the 'social media' generation uses this medium.

I've watched how my kids do this. They will be FaceBooking, texting, listening to I-tunes, IM'ing several friends, and looking at Instagram, SIMULTANEOUSLY.

If my DD is arguing with her BF by text, it might span a few hours. But she is not sitting there fuming and ranting from 7pm until 10. She might send him an angry text, then talk about it on IM with her friend, send a funny picture to another friend on instagram, download a few songs, then look to see if he replied. She is not sitting there in a rage. This generation MULTI-TASKS.

But that is where ALV got this all wrong. She assumes that just because Travis sent the killer a laundry list of insults, that means that he was sitting at the computer, enraged, in an all consuming hatred, and he did nothing for hours but insult poor Jodi. She knows nothing about social media, and has admitted that many times under oath.

Excellent - and very true - observations Katy! It would be great to know if there were phone calls made in between, esp from the defendant to Travis.

If you're looking for JW's little melt down before the morning break, then FF to about 53:30. Jodi Arias Trial - Day 46 - Part 1 - YouTube

Thank you so much Princess! I rewound about 5 minutes before the judge "saving" her and finally, I understand the wooplah! My impression is that they do follow media and read online. They knew that everyone was saying "OH PLEASE NO MORE!" and her way of resolving it all was to got into fast forward speed.

Fail.

moo

Thank you for posting the link!

Her next words were going to be: so, folks, if you'll look to your left or to your right, you'll see an usher passing around a donation bowl. I'm happy to get the kind of help that jingles but I'd rather have the kind that folds."

:floorlaugh: Too funny!

Morning!

The trial's on my brain now. I woke up this morning thinking about ALV saying that she reviewed all the unedited footage from the 48 hour interview. Does that mean that she's seen the Hughes' interviews where Sky talked about how they tried to warn Travis off JA , the story about Jodi coming to sit back down in the kitchen, how the Hughes liked JA at first etc etc? Yet she's still saying all she did about Sky warning JA off Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member