weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right...good point. But she's still an HLN producer right?...I think its all connected.
Im prolly wrong :facepalm:

That whole "Juan rockstar" deal was way overblown, and originally produced by an Arizona/local TV News station....but yeah--somebody from HLN bought ($$) the story/footage...
:dunno:
Crazy stuff...We will find out everything eventually--I'm so impatient though!!!:floorlaugh:

If she were a regular defense witness, why would Judge Stephens be asking her if she's available on Monday? That would be the defense team and she wouldn't be viewing the trial if she was going to testify as part of the defense case.

someone here posted that they have jury duty coming up....is there anything on the form that you received that states to dress appropriately for court? I seem to remember when my hubby went a few years ago, that it stated as such....just wondering

There is no requirement stated here in Canada and we seem to be way more formal in court such as wigs and gowns for the lawyers in the higher courts. When I was a juror, I and the rest of the panel dressed with respect for the court.

Thanks G&A Mom for posting the jurors questions. I didn't get to hear even half of them today and was wondering why everyone is saying that it's not good for Jodi and her DT. It sure seems that way from the questions! Awesome!

It was blistering !! Utterly devestating to the defense .... I actually felt sorry for willmont today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InALandFarFarAway, I am so glad you are here. And for real, the past couple of days your posts have to stood out for me, in a good way. I had no idea~

Thank you for speaking for your friend .

This trial is really upsetting and I have not followed it as closely as a lot of you. All the money that has been wasted on this killer and people having their reputations ruined by selling out. I am almost ready to say give JA LWOP and let the state use their money for better things. I believe JA deserves the DP but enough is enough. I never thought a trial of someone I don't know 2000 miles away would bother me so much. Lock her up forever NOW.

One of the most upsetting things of this trial is that the victim has been dragged through the mud because of so many liars.

I think she has been snubbed by her BFF today. The little flirtations that have been going on between her and JW were non-existent today. Even yesterday during questioning, her and JW were inappropriate with each other (IMO). Today, not so.

Im sure that is part of her pouting. And who knows what is going on back at the jail.....she is a troublemaker and im sure they are not making life cushy for her right now.

That's the first photo I've seen of her in which the woeful look appears genuine.

There is no requirement stated here in Canada and we seem to be way more formal in court such as wigs and gowns for the lawyers in the higher courts. When I was a juror, I and the rest of the panel dressed with respect for the court.

Just wondering what you, as a juror, way up there ...are compensated for serving?

Who thinks ALV will ever reflect on this and think she made a mistake?
Or sees that maybe she was biased?

I've thought about that. I go back and forth by the hour. At the moment I say yes because she will surely now be reviewing a lot of information to which she has not been privy.

After listening to it again, I heard the judge say, be back on Tuesday to "finish your testimony." Nothing nefarious about that, is there? I could have sworn when I heard it earlier today, it was like she was being ordered back.

She most certainly was. Judge basically told her to shut up when she started whining too

I am just starting to watch the video of this morning. You might have already discussed it, if so I am sorry I have not been able to read everything yet.

After the Judge reads the first question and then it is answered you have to watch the Judge's face, she kinda rolls her eyes at the answer. I watched it about 10 times. If you did not notice it you must go back and see it. After first question asked and answered.

I liked the Juror who asked 'How many MEN have you testified for in court?'
They know her as the <modsnip> she is..

I've thought about that. I go back and forth by the hour. At the moment I say yes because she will surely now be reviewing a lot of information to which she has not been privy.

I don't think so, but maybe she'll issue a public apology or something after the trial. That would be classy and I would totally respect it.

ETA Just to be clear, I don't actually think it's gonna happen.

If she were a regular defense witness, why would Judge Stephens be asking her if she's available on Monday? That would be the defense team and she wouldn't be viewing the trial if she was going to testify as part of the defense case.

Someone please repost azlawyers excellent insight on this please

I'm projecting myself, I know it. A woman I knew years ago (she was my intern at one of my first jobs out of college) went to England on an exchange. I had plans to go to England in the fall. Before she left, she said, "Let's meet up when you come to the UK and hang out."

self confession: I don't tend to read long posts that are story like. I do a lot of skimming and I read very fast and like to find the meat of a post. But for some reason stopped and read yours.

Very good post and Im sorry about your friend :(

So, off topic....

I also wanted to let you know that you are a very very VERY good writer! You kept my interest as if I were reading a book....you have a real ability to tell a story. You should consider writing, if you don't already!

.....ok, back to the topic.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member