weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she may have had to go get it cause the pea shooter failed and that is how he made it out of the shower and to the hall before she could get to him and finish the job.

Also regarding MiMi, I think Travis told Jodi that she was the one so as to either:

1. let her know this fling was over, or;

2. mess with her as he seemed to do things like that, or;

3. anger her so she would leave him alone, or;

4. he may have hoped this would be an easy way to get her to forget him and save face so to speak.

She needed to get in that house and remove any incriminating articles like journals or other evidence so that is why she couldn't just do a drive -by. Does anyone know
if Juan asked Alyce what her opinion of the gas cans were and the silent cell phone at the California border? this IMO proves pre meditation w/o a doubt.
I'm among those who think she planned both knife and gun... trying ti simulate 2 attackers.. and totally premeditated....imoo

There are many examples to counter ALV's nonsense regarding men as relatively immune to domestic violence because of her perception that they are easily able to confront any threat and are less subject to fear. Russ Stager comes to mind as well; he left a damning tape recording which helped seal the fate of his wife Barbara for killing him and staging it as a "suicide". He had spoken often with family and friends about his concerns of something happening and actually asked them to look into his death if it ever occurred. I'm sure sleuthers can find lots, lots more examples.

:cow:

I watched a DD/youtube segment today with a criminal profiler that I found very satisfying as far as understanding what she got out of all this. According to this profiler, it is very typical of the pattern of stalker/obsessed homicides that the perpetrator will meet with the victim, having the murder fully planned, but also with the intention that they are going to give the victim one last chance to return their feelings. When once again refused, she said the perpetrator will enjoy the physical act of killing his/her victim because they finally have the control over that person for which they have been so desperate. BBM

Yep I think she used the abused childhood to create rapport with Travis. Gee... Travis I had a horrid childhood too. Psychologically ... In the beginning... He wanted to save her. He wanted to be the grandmother in his history to rescue her. All IMO

I've been thinking about those last phone calls between them and really wish I knew what prompted Travis to talk to her for so long. The only thing I keep returning to is that Travis, by nature, was forgiving. He obviously was a slow burn, having tolerated so much inappropriate behavior from her for son long before snapping.
Maybe she was able to get him under that weirdo trance thing she's perfected, admit to everything he accused her of during that blistering text exchange, apologize profusely without crying (remember he accused her of only crying for herself), telling him she finally understands what she's done and she just wants them to part without any acrimony. She offers to finally pay him for all the money she owes him and whatever placating hex she puts on guys and they "talk it out."

I still don't think he knew she was coming and she didn't suggest coming. She psycho tranced the information she needed such as where the roommates were, what he had planned before his trip, blah blah blah until she had everything she needed to get her show on the road.

I think in her mind, she always had control over him with the sex. Jodi felt she'd invested so much time in him, expanding his sexual horizons and now someone else would benefit from her work and that just wasn't going to happen. Her God complex was that after everything she'd given him, he left her no choice so in her mind, it's his fault she had to kill him. She just dressed up her feeling of being entitled to kill him by insisting it was self-defense.

Yes. :)

When I look at Travis the thing that stands out for me is the kindness that radiated from him.Completely contrary to ALV's opinion, I think Travis had a soft corner for the weak and vulnerable! He must have been especially kind to animals, the poor etc.
>snip<.

I so agree with you. He definitely subscribed to the reaching back philosophy of life and initially,(before all the sex ... back when they were just friends) he felt he was giving back to the universe by helping her because scars she wore mirrored the scars he wore. This is evidenced by everything he put up with from her yet he continued trying to help. (Didn't he pay for her move back to Yreka?) But her agenda had been written long before that she wanted him and nothing was going to get in her way. Not even him.

>snip<
... the malignancy in character just seems so immutable and pervasive. It's hard to picture it not emerging until her mid 20s.

Let's not forget the brother she hit and the dog she admitted to brutally kicking when she was a kid and how the dog ran away never to return. Dogs are loyal and the dog would have returned home ... giving her a wide berth ... but I think she killed the dog. I think she may have cut the dog's throat, poor thing. I'd wonder how many pets went missing in her neighborhood when she was growing up.

The "struggle" I meant is that Travis was tougher than Jodi thought.

I think she anticipated the difference in weight and height which was why it was crucial to get him when he was off guard. But even someone with such a dead soul couldn't have anticipated how messy killing someone could be. Her life has been a constructed version of a one tv show after another and she probably thought since she'd planned it so well, it would be easy once he was in a vulnerable state. But she wasn't prepared for what a real life killing would take out of her and how hard people will fight for their lives. Those deep, deep defensive wounds on his hands and feet ... how she could think anyone would believe self-defense when Travis had deep defense wounds on his feet. His feet. He was down for the count but she never stopped swinging that knife.

IF she does skate on the DP, it won't be because the jury feels a bond with Jodi.

I so agree with you. This jury has not been moved or touched by this creature. Sitting so close to her when she was on the stand, they had to have felt the coldness and emptiness. I felt it sitting thousands of miles away so they had to have been repulsed.
If she doesn't get the DP, it's definitely because they feel justice is better served if Jodi spends the remainder of her days trapped in an ocean of sharks and piranhas with no land in sight.

I shouldn't talk... My record is horrible!

I've been wrong a lot!

OJ
Thought the Ramsey's would at minimum be indicted...and arrested
Michael Jackson
Phil Spector ... First trial
Casey Anthony
.... Too many to remember actually. So put no stock in my opinions!

So funny! I had the unpopular opinion that OJ would walk, the Ramseys would never be arrested, Michael Jackson wouldn't spend a day in jail or have to register as a sex offender and Casey Anthony would get away with the murder of her child. OMG, I was flamed and flamed and flamed for those opinions. lol I had no position on Phil Spector since I didn't know much about the case at the time.

I feel very strongly that this jury is going to send her the message that she's finally encountered the one group of people she couldn't trick, manipulate or trance. I think she's going down for First Degree. Based on some of the questions, I'm not as sure that all 12 will agree on the DP.

Juanderful is going to connect all the dots and masterfully wrap the case up for the jury with a nice blue ribbon.

Comes now the defendant...

turkey-timer.jpg

Whatever they need ALV for, it won't be done in front of the jury. So whether she shows up Monday or Tuesday doesn't matter in terms of proceeding with the case.

But didn't Beth K. say it would be in front of the jury?
:please:

It is the end of the night and as usual somewhat random thoughts go through my mind.

Tonight's free flowing thought went back to my first real notice of this case. I caught a clip of JA's interview with (I think) 48 Hrs. The one where she explains her behavior in the interview room as wanting to put her best face forward because that is what Travis would want her to do (I am paraphrasing her words)

That has always bothered me. Tonight I figured out why. In some cultures during a battle, warriors are said to believe that when they take a foe's life, they take on his power, his strength or other attributes.

Hasn't JA made other public remarks about what Travis would want her to do?

I'm wondering if in some part of her if maybe JA feels like Travis is 'with' her, since she killed him. With her, always approving of what she does or wants to do, always admiring her.

Nah, she's just FOS. She likes to incite so she can garner as much attention as possible.

I was Informed that was a different bobby. This one is alive and well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought on cross Juan said something like ...we can't interview Bobby can we... And Jodi answered he was killed.... Jmo

I'm among those who think she planned both knife and gun... trying ti simulate 2 attackers.. and totally premeditated....imoo

Me too!

I thought on cross Juan said something like ...we can't interview Bobby can we... And Jodi answered he was killed.... Jmo

Hmmmmm. I don't remember that...

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/04/11/jodi-arias-her-younger-years-bobby-juarez

I thought these were interesting. Who likes braids? and Doesn't it look like JA is smoking pot in this pic with the white tank and BJ is in profile?

Mornin' peeps.

:coffeews:

BBM -

Wow. Why do you think that?

When I saw that picture, that was the FIRST thing I thought of too!! She looks like she's holding her pot smoke in. Someone who is holding there 'hit' of pot in, looks like they are holding their breath. And.. they are sitting in a circle to pass it around and share the happiness, hahaha! Probably the pot they grew in Mom's tupperware in the roof :floorlaugh:

She was a fan of the movie Psycho?

She lured him into that position in a small confined space .. To contain the mess?

Get him in a vulnerable position to stab him in the heart?

I think she had planned for him to die quickly .. In the shower... She didn't anticipate him moving around and trying to live.

The trigger ... Whatever it was... Was already in play when she stole the gun.

Apparently it is typical of the pattern of stalker/obsessed lover homicides that the killer will make room, as part of their planning, for the possibility of one last chance at reconciliation, about which they are sincere and hopeful but nonetheless prepared to kill the person upon rejection.
This explains why she didn't kill him immediately and postponed the murder for a sex romp. The only thing that could be described as a trigger would have been her acceptance he was beyond persuasion .

Question?
Did jury ask ALV if she knew a gun from stolen from JA gparents?

Usually people read a statement talking about how sorry they are for all the pain they caused.

Yes, and her's will be couched in terms of "Travis feels this way about what I did. He's happy and wants you to know 'x' about me. He is very glad that his story is finally out so his soul can rest peacefully now that his secrets are revealed. He is sorry for what he made me do."

I'm not looking forward to her statement. I thought ALV was the biggest threat to my BP, but I know the worst is yet to come. :(

I just finished watching ALV's response to the juror questions. IMO her opinion boils down to being based on little more than her own imagination and what she was told by JA. Then there is the written communications that provide only bits and pieces and are a long way from providing a complete picture. So she just lets her imagination go and combines it with JA's lies in order to fill in the blanks and finish out the rest of the story. That she sits up there on the witness stand and has the audacity to state her imaginings and that psycho's lies as though it is fact makes me :furious:. All because she is somehow considered an "expert". And that she believes that JA's alleged abuse by Travis was worse than what she did to Travis is appalling and outrageous. This woman has no business claiming to be an expert in the field of domestic violence, imo. She makes me sick.

Apparently it is typical of the pattern of stalker/obsessed lover homicides that the killer will make room, as part of their planning, for the possibility of one last chance at reconciliation, about which they are sincere and hopeful but nonetheless prepared to kill the person upon rejection.
This explains why she didn't kill him immediately and postponed the murder for a sex romp. The only thing that could be described as a trigger would have been her acceptance he was beyond persuasion .

Besides ... I believe she wanted him to see it coming. What fun would it be for her to simply sneak up and shoot him while he slept? She didn't drive 1000 miles for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member