weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think she took it to him on June 4?
Then left it behind?

Well she knew it was there. Perhaps she did intend to take it with her when she left and forgot. She knew that the check was on the desk and that LE would find it there and wonder how it got there. So she offered up the reason why they might find a check from her in his home before they asked didn't she? I suppose she told them that she had mailed one to him recently? Always thinking one step ahead that JA...how smart. It's like she's Einstein or something. :rolleyes:

How long ago was that if I may ask?

It is common knowledge women have more favorable results in the justice system anyway whether they claim self defense or don't when it comes to same like crimes. On average a male will serve at least 17 years and if a woman commits a same like crime she is usually out in 7-10 years. I hope that is a disparity that will change and this case will bring much needed awareness that men also can be abused by a dangerous female.

I do see that changing somewhat in a few cases of late thankfully. I do not believe in the abuse excuse to begin with. In fact as a DV survivor I think it is a slap in the face to the millions of survivors that never resorted to murdering anyone and went on with their lives and became productive citizens.

IMO

I can't remember when it happened but I think it was 10-15 maybe 20 years ago. Didn't care for him in the first place but I thought she was really lucky to have escaped conviction because at the time the ratio was more women in prison and for longer terms for killing husbands in self defense than men who had killed their wives for whatever reason.

I agree with you. I kind of felt sorry for Aileen. Having been a victim myself and one that no one else bothered to help, I could identify with parts of what Aileen said. Not that I would kill anyone.

BBM.

Can I just say, had I been there I would have helped you.

As I watched some of her testimony, (back then as well as tonight on Youtube) I couldn't help but see how traumatized she was. I watch her chest rise and fall, many really good liars haven't perfected the art of controlling their breathing because they are so caught up in controlling their hand gestures and facial movements.

But with Aileen, she begins to tense and breath fast as soon as she starts even thinking about it.

I suppose some of finding empathy with a witness or criminal is seeing yourself in their shoes. Probably why I too feel sorry for Aileen. But having said all this, it's the way JA just thumbs her nose at everyone involved and shows no remorse that I know she's one sick person.

ALSO, I did notice that when watching some testimony of Travis' ex-girlfriend, the only time JA cried a legitimate cry was when it seemed that the testimony was about HER.

I don't know if I can even watch her anymore she's too sickening.

Adequate preparation--didn't interview anyone but Jodi

Lack of qualification---not much experience in criminal trials

Bias---speaks for itself

Inconsistency---What she wrote and what she said at trial are different in some of her testimony.

Exactly. I cannot believe that if she had mailed the check to Travis with the intention of him using it that it would have been so prominent on his desk that LE would find it so easily. She left it there on June 4, to try to make it appear as if she had sent it on May 25, the day before the blow up.

MOO

I agree... I dont think she mailed the check...she made it very convenient for it to be found...even asked the nice detective if it had been found...

One of the first things I noticed about the sex tape was that Travis sounded half asleep and IMO Jodi seemed to be taking the lead...JMO

Yeah, and she sounded so desperate as she went about trying to seduce him by saying things she knew would appeal to a male ego. It was so obvious and so contrived. Her mother must be dying of shame.

He just used the word "rape" to express his strong desire to fck Jodi. Nothing more. He qualified it in a text message, "rape but you'd enjoy it". On the other hand, Jodi admitted to having rape fantasies on the witness stand, which she tried to characterize as "ravishment" fantasies. It's the same thing though.

Interesting that Jodi would be entertaining ravishment fantasies about the man she claimed anally raped her on the day of her baptism and made her feel like a "used piece of toilet paper". That's some strange "rape victim" Jodi is.

Agree.

LOL! I know what you mean but they probably are use to cleaning up quite a few stains on the vehicles they get back in.

I have never had to rent a vehicle but I thought if it wasn't brought back like it was when they gave it to you .............you would have to pay extra for the cleaning. Did they even charge her with not having the floor mats?

IMO

My daughter works for the company, but in Maryland. It doesn't happen often but cars are sometimes rented and leave the lot without floor mats. It's not usually a big deal and not routine to always document that the car is without them upon return. There is a charge if the car has excessive use/damage/debris, etc. but some level of cleaning is expected.
My daughter would have suspected KoolAid. Her mother, on the other hand would have immediately thought blood.

I would really like to see her get the death penalty, BUT, I would like her death to be like the one she gave Travis.

Since that is not going to happen, perhaps LWOP would be better. She would sit every day and not have anything to do or think about but what she has done?

I really don't know which I would rather see. I don't want to see her live, but would like to see her suffer.......

Giving LWOP to a psychopath is not the punishment she deserves. Psychopaths often adapt well in prison and gathers groupies to cater to them. They will continue to manipulate to make their live much better than others around them. She will continue to use sex as a tool in order to control. Look how well she has adapted in jail.

I want her to get death because she deserves death. I want her locked down for 23 hours a day and only allowed out for one hour and guarded when she is out.

That is what she deserves and I hope she gets it.

IMO

I agree with that too but people like Aileen and Dahmer didn't try to pretend they had done nothing and make up some bogus excuse. They were obviously majorly screwed up.

ITA re Aileen, not sure about Dahmer though. Aileen was such a sad case of child abuse, neglect, abandonment, she never had a chance from day one IMO. (not that that's any excuse for murder) Had she been born into different circumstances, it's almost probable she would have not been an adult killer IMO.

JA on the other hand, is a predator like Ted Bundy. I get this 6th sense about her. She exudes evil incarnate. She cannot be helped, rehabilitated, or changed in any way by anyone. She is, imo, a classic predatory psychopath.

If she is ever released, she will kill again.

IMO, MOO, and all that...

Yeah, and she sounded so desperate as she went about trying to seduce him by saying things she knew would appeal to a male ego. It was so obvious and so contrived. Her mother must be dying of shame.

Travis really didn't sound "into" that call at all. He probably thought he was doing her a favor. She on the other hand sounded fake as all get out.

You think that but the truth is that when actually confronted, in real life, with stuff like that, your brain naturally reaches out for explanations that are consistent with everyday, normal life.

(Not with the way my life has gone so far. Quite the contrary as a matter of fact. I now EXPECT the worst because in my case it usually is. ... ...sad but true.) I've never had an every day normal life. Ever.

ITA re Aileen, not sure about Dahmer though. Aileen was such a sad case of child abuse, neglect, abandonment, she never had a chance from day one IMO. (not that that's any excuse for murder) Had she been born into different circumstances, it's almost probable she would have not been an adult killer IMO.

JA on the other hand, is a predator like Ted Bundy. I get this 6th sense about her. She exudes evil incarnate. She cannot be helped, rehabilitated, or changed in any way by anyone. She is, imo, a classic predatory psychopath.

JA's talk and mannerisms remind me more of Dennis Rader the BTK guy than Bundy.

No, I don't think so either. But I suspect (and hope) that it was the defendant's first time slitting someone's throat and didn't have a lot of practice to know exactly how much force to use to just "silence" them vs nearly decapitate. I suspect she had a very sharp knife, pulled his head back and just quickly swiped it. I don't think she thought about, nor cared how deep it went. She just wanted the noise to stop.

My point is, it was not "ritualistic." It was simply utilitarian--whatever it took.

ITA. either he wasn't dying quickly enough or he was making too many noises. The throat was intended to have a quick result.

BBM

You said it. If only she had a different exterior I think it would be easier for people to grasp the fact that she did this.

All I can think of is her saying to Travis..."How about you get in the shower so I can take a few more photos..."

Leading her prey to slaughter.

AND PS....If convicted, I could totally see JA kill someone in prison.

Wasn't ALV's emergency room visit supposed to have occurred last weekend? If so, iirc Juan v. ALV, round 1, had lasted less than an hour. She found being questioned about Snow White, the dwarfs' ages, the shortcomings of her credentials, and her "guideline" so debilitating that she feared she was having a heart attack?

I think the real stressor was the blowback online and on Amazon. I bet she got calls from people putting on the conferences where she was scheduled to speak too.

Giving LWOP to a psychopath is not the punishment she deserves. Psychopaths often adapt well in prison and gathers groupies to cater to them. They will continue to manipulate to make their live much better than others around them. She will continue to use sex as a tool in order to control. Look how well she has adapted in jail.

I want her to get death because she deserves death. I want her locked down for 23 hours a day and only allowed out for one hour and guarded when she is out.

That is what she deserves and I hope she gets it.

IMO

The voice of reason and fairness.

Check and deposit information in photo below. :)

15v7kg.png

This check is dated the day before Travis send her the texts and instant messages expressing his anger for whatever she did. It's possible that she learned from Travis that he intended to deposit that check while she was on her trip, so she needed to try to cover it so he wouldn't be pissed about it bouncing before she got to his house. He also could go directly to her bank to cash it or call her bank to see if funds are available. Even if she brought a backdated check with her, he could have said he'd call for funds available to make sure she wasn't scamming him. That also might be why she needed to put those deposits in.

Travis really didn't sound "into" that call at all. He probably thought he was doing her a favor. She on the other hand sounded fake as all get out.

I agree... he let her end the conversation. If he ended it, he knew a fight would ensue and she would harass him the duration of the night...

Typical of a psycho like her.
imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members