weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the "I don't think Travis needed that $200 all that badly" team myself.

:cow:

I agree. Why would he buy a new expensive camera if he was worried about a 200 check from JA?

So true. And more importantly to me is the fact that she was part of the pioneering group of women who had to carve the field largely out of nothing, against a very hostile, patriarchal, and almost indifferent social infrastructure. It's too easy for us today to forget how much change has really occurred in the past 50 years -- but it's really an astonishing amount, though obviously there is much more work to do. I think those decades of struggle took their toll, and left her unable to really relate to men as victims.

:cow:

And that is what frustrates me the most about ALV taking this case. She has done some really good work. With the exception of a big payday, why in the world would you throw your career out the window like she did?

I wanted to scream when she said, "Had I looked at everything and found it was not DV, I would not take the case."

I just want to sit in front of her and ask, Why, why, why?

And that is what frustrates me the most about ALV taking this case. She has done some really good work. With the exception of a big payday, why in the world would you throw your career out the window like she did?

I wanted to scream when she said, "Had I looked at everything and found it was not DV, I would not take the case."

BBM - Why do you think that ALV has done some really good work? Give some examples.

Wow. I will look at it...have to get some sleep now, but thanks for your help. I must figure out how to UNfollow...:floorlaugh:

Hover over the follow button...it will give you the option to unfollow...whew !!

The answer is probably the simplest one. She is predisposed to believing women's stories of abuse because, in terms of a social work scenario (which is her field), they are almost always true.
She bought Jodi's victim story because everything in her 35 years of experience told her "women don't make these things up."

She simply wasn't qualified to evaluate a woman who is both highly incentivized to lie and predisposed to doing do.

I agree. Why would he buy a new expensive camera if he was worried about a 200 check from JA?

From some of what I've read, I get the impression that Travis liked to impress, and definitely lived way above his means. He was afraid he was going to lose his house. Also, from what I can tell this PPL was some kind of Pyramid scheme, and the money was not consistent. Looks pretty shady to me.

I wonder if he made more steady $$ doing the inspirational /pep presentations.

The voice of reason and fairness.

By the way, Rocco: I don't believe I ever took the time to PROPERLY welcome you to the Websleuth family.

WELCOME!!!

:silly::websleuther::countsheep::wagon::welcome4:

The answer is probably the simplest one. She is predisposed to believing women's stories of abuse because, in terms of a social work scenario (which is her field), they are almost always true.
She bought Jodi's victim story because everything in her 35 years of experience told her "women don't make these things up."

She simply wasn't qualified to evaluate a woman who is both highly incentivized to lie and predisposed to doing do.

ALV said early on in her testimony that she ALWAYS interviewed both partners separately. She talked about how important it was to see the differences in their stories. If they were a little off, that can be dealt with, but if their stories were way off, then, she said, "We have a major problem".

I guess that doesn't apply when you are being paid by the State of Arizona and will only come to one opinion for the Defense...

Edit: JMO

Well, I was ready to get a good nights sleep...now I will toss and turn and stew all night over Jodi's facebook page..that is just sick to have all those pictures of someone she murdered and mutilated on her page... It has really got me upset.
Im gonna give it a try... see you all for Juanderful Monday !

It is Monday it is Monday it is Juan derful Monday!

I turned on my television I turned on my computer I got into Websleuths downstairs chat.. darnit, 10 hours to go! :(

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

ALV said early on in her testimony that she ALWAYS interviewed both partners separately. She talked about how important it was to see the differences in their stories. If they were a little off, that can be dealt with, but if their stories were way off, then, she said, "We have a major problem".

I guess that doesn't apply when you are being paid by the State of Arizona and will only come to one opinion for the Defense...

Edit: JMO

That's the thing, she didn't interview both partners.

My guess is she is ready to retire and don't give a flying ....., what people think.

Sometimes I try and condense posts in an effort to save space, but doing so doesn't always get my point across. I was guessing that after living so long in Long Beach that ALV probably had a circle of long time, like-minded friends who agreed with her views on men/relationships. Kind of a "And never is heard, a discouraging word" kind of deal. She seemed shocked to find her views weren't well-received by the general public, and the AZ jury in particular. I think it might be partly a cultural thing, because I'm sure she'd face the same reaction in my GA neck of the woods. Mileage may vary.

Definitely out of her drum circle anyways.

It is Monday it is Monday it is Juan derful Monday!

I turned on my television I turned on my computer I got into Websleuths downstairs chat.. darnit, 10 hours to go! :(

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members