weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Same with the Facebbok account---who knows if the person that set it up has anything to do with Jodi. They may just be someone with nothing better to do with their time than to try and incite people.

With facebook accounts does the person starting the account have to verify it in any way?

Also, is it illegal to impersonate someone? Would this be considered identity theft?

:bump:

....see some evidence markers there too.

Isn't it just almost overwhelming to think here we are looking at his office and his belongings left behind. He was just living his life and then 61 seconds later he was dead.

He had NO CLUE that five years later he would be the intimate subject of a crime forum with everyone looking at photos of him and the inside of his home.

Pretty much boggles my mind.

Thank you!! I remember posting here how good I felt about this expert after she made that statement. I thought this is a person who will acknowledge new facts presented to her and adjust her assessment based on the new reality facing her. I was starting to think I hallucinated her making that statement.
I'm wondering if ALV will be returning Tuesday to be impeached. JM nailed her on every single point required for impeachment per this document. http://www.crossexam.com/impeaching-an-expert-witness.html
Great read!!!

see the legal thread. He has indeed already impeached her. That is all that is done and it is in front of the jury. No more. There is not a hearing for impeachment. It is cross examination and showing she is lying. it has already been done. moo

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I am so so sorry for your loss Frigga.
God Bless You and those lost.
May those who mourn their loss find eventual Peace.

Especially when he was asking $6,500 for it.

Does anyone else remember the testimony (I believe from JA) that a friend of hers from work wanted to buy it and offered $4,000 or $4,500 for it but Travis turned it down because he could get more for it? Was I dreaming that?

It has been a rough 24 hours for me. I found out last night that my dear friends husband and her 16 year old nephew were killed in a horrific car accident on highway 1 in Sonoma yesterday. According to an eye witness his car drifted across the center divider and crashed into a tree- it was 11:30 in the morning. The car exploded on impact and by the time the firetruck arrived 15 minutes later the car had melted in to the asphalt. I have known the 16 yo since he was a newborn baby. :(

I hope that Napoleon lives long enough for Deannna to bring him to the victim impact statement... I know I know... the courts won't allow it.. But I wish that poor pup could talk and say what he wants to say to the killer...
If for no other reason than to tell Travis when he meets him in Heaven... I told that b**** off good! I missed you my friend!!!

ok I'm signing off for the night... bawling yet again... :(

in my mind I think that perhaps the dog that she may have kicked was Napoleon. As she said she never saw the dog again. if she slashed his throat, I am sure she would not hesitate to kick his dog on the way out. and then of course, put up the barrier so the dog could not get too near the door.

see the legal thread. He has indeed already impeached her. That is all that is done and it is in front of the jury. No more. There is not a hearing for impeachment. It is cross examination and showing she is lying. it has already been done. moo

Can she be charged with perjury if she's lying? I will check the legal thread. I just got excited. :great:

Frigga - My thoughts and prayers to you, your friend and all those others left behind. Utterly tragic

If you go to that photo of the office just a few posts back and look up in the shelves above the chair, there on the right hand side you can clearly see a BIG HOURGLASS.

If you go to JA's website she is selling an hourglass drawing.

I want to know when she created it.

her time is running out!

The legal thread is awesome. AZlawyer explained what impeaching here means last week. I think I'd just picked up too much from you lot and thinking along the lines of how Bill Clinton was impeached!

Isn't it just almost overwhelming to think here we are looking at his office and his belongings left behind. He was just living his life and then 61 seconds later he was dead.

He had NO CLUE that five years later he would be the intimate subject of a crime forum with everyone looking at photos of him and the inside of his home.

Pretty much boggles my mind.

I believe it the Caylee Anthony case was the first one that was widespread so much on the internet. and here at this site.

what was different in that case is it we had things to look at for years before the trial due to the sunshine laws. And with this one, we are seeing it and commenting as we go. for that case, we knew pretty much everything! and that is why so many of us were so upset.:confused: at the decision that can out of the county where I was born and raised.

Can she be charged with perjury if she's lying? I will check the legal thread. I just got excited. :great:

No, the consensus of our verified attorneys is that there is nothing to show she did any major perjury. Nothing like that will happen according to what I have read so far.

ALV said early on in her testimony that she ALWAYS interviewed both partners separately. She talked about how important it was to see the differences in their stories. If they were a little off, that can be dealt with, but if their stories were way off, then, she said, "We have a major problem".

I guess that doesn't apply when you are being paid by the State of Arizona and will only come to one opinion for the Defense...

Edit: JMO
Didn't you hear ALV read thousands and thounds of texts, emails etc? ;) That's why she could still be the expert.

All this of course from someone who apparently doesn't like technology yet that didn't stop her from understanding the tone. And the number of times she mentioned one email from one of Travis's sisters. That's utterly cruel and had to have been taken out of context. :furious::furious:

I think a lot of predicted that ALV would flip at some point during her testimony. I don't think many of us predicted how much better she'd end up being for the prosecution by not flipping. Good work ALV!

There was probably a mechanical issue with the car, and the blame was to be on uHaul. BMW's are not cheap to fix. ;) I don't think he cared about the money for the car.

But somewhere it has been mentioned that Travis was in financial difficulties towards the end.

Maybe Jodi did something to damage Travis financially? Like jumping ship to another PPL rep? re: the scamming part?
Do we even know if Jodi ever made any money as a PPL rep? Doesn't seem like it, her only steady income was waitressing, which although she changed jobs frequently, she worked far more than Casey Anthony ever did.

yes, the legal thread has the answers to all of these. And as to perjury the legal folks have said no. It will not happen. the legal thread is a good one to go to occasionally in my opinion.

Didn't you hear ALV read thousands and thounds of texts, emails etc? ;) That's why she could still be the expert.

All this of course from someone who apparently doesn't like technology yet that didn't stop her from understanding the tone. And the number of times she mentioned one email from one of Travis's sisters. That's utterly cruel and had to have been taken out of context. :furious::furious:

I think a lot of predicted that ALV would flip at some point during her testimony. I don't think many of us predicted how much better she'd end up being for the prosecution by not flipping. Good work ALV!

and do not forget, her talking to her about sex to get to the bottom of it and evaluate her was icky. she was just too old fashioned ...

to do her job!

like a gynecologist who looks at your woo woo and says .I can't go there that's yucky..I can't do that.

Pffft

Thank you! that settles it in my mind
She was "creeping" outside watching Travis!

I think he was expecting her, for the following reasons:

1. They'd had a number of recent conversations, two very long (and probably sexy) ones, lasting a total of 59 minutes around the same time of night (3 am) they both were still up, as in the May 10 recording.
2. Not only did he call her twice, from his phone, in the 3 am hour on June 2, but she called him again just moments after hanging up from talking an hour. That conversation lasted another 3 minutes.
3. She called him again twice that afternoon, each call lasting several minutes according to this timeline: http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/jodi-arias-trial-tragic-roadtrip

After driving all day/night, why wouldn't she come in either the front door or the back sliding door, which opens onto the kitchen? His house didn't actually have a doggie door, just a sliding glass door off the kitchen that he probably left cracked open for Napoleon. [Tawni Dilly took photos of nearly every inch of that house, inside and out, including the garage.] A virtual tour of the same model house, with a reversed floor plan, is here: http://vt.realbiz360.com/Listing-1287339.html

I'm not understanding why she would stand out there for hours? If you've ever driven all day and night, you know how exhausting it is. She also likely prided herself on being able to get to him again--with sex. So I don't see her slinking around outside but coming right in.

In the phone conversation of May 10, he says at the 28:30 mark, "Aren't you glad we started f*cking?" "What?" she asks, pretending not to hear. He repeats, "I said, 'Aren't you glad that we started f*cking?'"

No matter how enraged he was at her that he ranted at her for 16 pages a week earlier, the fact is that they had two very long (and likely sexy) conversations between 3 and 4 am on June 2. An hour's worth. Calls placed by TA. It doesn't take an hour (and two phone calls) to tell someone to stay out of your life. Phone sex can take that long, however. ;)

History is king, as my husband likes to say when he's diagnosing a patient (he's a physician), and in this case the history of JA and TA are that:

- she would continually drive him nuts :rocker:
- they'd fight :furious:
- he'd go back to engaging with her :seeya:

Even taking a trip together to two states three months after he told the Hiatts, "If I don't show up for dinner some Sunday..." Sending her flirty texts (and asking for a naughty photo) two weeks after texting her on April 6 not to contact him again.

He even talked about coming to visit her in Yreka! He brings it up, saying he's looking foward to their little forest adventure (in Green Horn). He says that whatever else he does on that trip, "You are number one."

Perhaps because he feared what she might do if he cut things off altogether or just because he's male and males compartmentalize, but he did engage with her again; that photo of her with her rear in the air and a tootsie roll in her hoo-ha was, tragically, the last photo TA ever took. :what:

Here's more of the CNN transcript of that tape. I have a feeling most people commenting that he would never [fill in the blank] haven't listened to the hour-plus tape, in his own words:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/18/ng.01.html

In the words of former TA girlfriend Lisa Andrews:

"The first time she broke up with Alexander, Diadoni said she believed he was cheating on her with Arias. A former roommate of his told Diadoni's sister he was cheating, and she shared the information with Diadoni, she testified.

"Following the breakup, Alexander emailed and texted Diadoni, and they got back together when she felt she could trust him again, she testified. However, they again broke up, Diadoni said, because she felt Alexander was pressuring her to get married and she did not feel ready.

Diadoni testified she never had sexual intercourse with Alexander. Willmott then questioned Diadoni about an email she sent to Alexander on Sept. 23, 2007.

"In the email, Diadoni told Alexander she did not want him to text or email her anymore. It says when they were together, they would make out "for too long" and that Diadoni felt Alexander wanted her just for her body. She felt Alexander had a lot of sexual tension, which made her feel used and dirty, the email says.

"Diadoni wrote in the lengthy email that she had asked Alexander not to "grab her butt," especially in public, but she did not feel he was really listening to her. She said she also asked him not to talk about sex so much "but he did anyway," and she did not feel like he cared how she felt.

"Alexander, according to Diadoni's email, asked for compliments often and did not share the same values that she embraced. She also said he overreacted a lot.

"Diadoni testified that she later discussed the email with Alexander, who said he wanted to show Diadoni that he cared about her and to address the issues in the email. Diadoni said Wednesday that she had written the email in anger, and that the couple soon felt the issues were resolved and began dating a third time."

Sound familiar? He liked sexy talk, he was still engaging with JA, they [he and Lisa] argued but made up and resumed dating.

I don't believe he was happy to have her there, because they didn't take as many still photos as he'd talked about, and he was obviously doing housework rather than visiting with her. He'd assembled the floor cleaner and had moved the furniture off the floor. But I do believe he knew she was coming. But what do I know, just guessing like everyone else. :cow:

Thanks! I'll be buying a nevv laptop or maybe a tablet soon. I can't decide vvhich. (And speaking of vitches :floorlaugh:.) In the meantime, I apologize for my pseudo-Nazi accent--"Ve vill make you talk!"

If you have a number pad on your keyboard, hold down the alt key and hit 8 then 7 , and that gives you a W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018