weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what is on agenda for today's trial? Not the 9:30 hearing but 1:30? Has it been confirmed that defense is calling one more witness and should we expect to hear that witness's testimony? I thought ALV was the last and was looking forward to rebuttal!

They are recalling the computer expert for some reason. Hopefully it will be short and to the point.

I am hoping rebuttal starts today, but I know that is like wishing to win the lotto.

K

Great job!!! It was worth it to sign up to just to get that gem! :)

Doesn't look to me that she could fit through that tiny black part even sideways. Wouldn't three edges be bolted to the inside door frame? JA said the other part wasn't latched, but residents would have to be able to move in and out, wouldn't they? If three sides were bolted, seems like it would still work as usual.

TawniDilly has tons of photos, and some of her hallway photos helped me to confirm where the very last pic was taken. A crime scene photo gave the original indication but it was hard to confirm without Tawni's additional photos. It's practically the same place as Dave figured out the dragging photo was taken--the second full tile from the bedroom--just with the camera rotated toward the wall. Wish we knew how to thank her. If you're reading this Tawni--Thanks! :yourock:

Glad you saw the picture. I'm not going to get much done today. :giggle:
Looking at this photo, I think it would probably be bolted into the frame on the left hand side and where the latch was on the original frame, it would be removed and bolted into the right hand side of the doggie door extension. That way, people could open and close the sliding glass door as originally planned.

I would have to work out the dimensions of the doggie door to scale to know just was size was purchased, but don't have time for that right now. It is amazing what people can squeeze through when they have the will. If you extend your arms in the air and clasp your hands together like you're diving, you can really narrow the width of your shoulders, making it easier to squeeze through tight spaces. Since Mimi said that TA told her that JA sneaked in through the doggie door, I'm assuming that she somehow managed to slither through there. Either way, she was an uninvited and unwanted guest.

Interesting post over on the Legal Eagle's page this morning....

Why would ALV be coming back to take the stand Tues...?

Answer

"There is an interesting article on one of the fb pages that states several reasons for which an expert witness may be impeached or disqualified. Ones that stood out for me were: testimony conflicts with the evidence on two or more occasions, if personal gain is the means to the end $$ from books speaking engagements, or pay from th dt, or bias if through testimony witness Lies... If any if these are established i think the jury can disregard part or all of their testimony."

WOW!! Wouldn't that be something ?!?! :what::what:

I hope she knows how to twitter a big DOH! hahaha

Impeachment of a witness happens when inconsistencies in their testimony are questioned while they are on the stand.

Exactly. It just means the fact that they are lying is brought out in court and the jury can take or leave their testimony. Most leave it.

It's not like a Presidential Impeachment Hearing.....that is another ballgame altogether!

I got alot done too. Read TMZ, RadaronBS, Drudgereport, CNN (Jenna Bush had a girl), drank a pot of coffee. ready for court.

forgot to say Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good morning! thats my kind of morning! we are on the same page! :heartbeat:

Impeachment of a witness happens when:floorlaugh: inconsistencies in their testimony are questioned while they are on the stand.

My first posting! Anyone else think it's a bit odd that both Samuels and ALV stated Jodie told them she shot Travis in the closet? Are we to believe they BOTH misspoke on exactly the same important fact?

They are recalling the computer expert for some reason. Hopefully it will be short and to the point.

I am hoping rebuttal starts today, but I know that is like wishing to win the lotto.

K

good morning everyone :)

I am listening to Dworkin's testimony right now, well, bits and pieces of it, to see if anything stands out to me for why they would bring him back. All I can think of at this time is that they did some more digging and came up with something the defense 'thinks' is important.

:facepalm: i just looked at ja's facebook thro my fingers. the whole thing annoyed me. if you look at the album for travis it was updated a year ago. guess when the defense team was getting her image together of what they wanted the media to have access to. :jail:

Well JA is a public figure now. Since FB went public, public figures have to pay 5$ for each post until they've made many thousands of them. (20k? 40k I don't recall but it's in that range) I was at the page of a body language expert familiar with this case and she advised her followers she was closing the page down for that reason. I wonder if FB knows they're losing out on revenue. I bet somebody alerted them. :rocker: I'm almost positive JA's fans won't want to be spamming us with JA for 5$ a post.

Good morning/Good afternoon:

As I say every morning in my greeting.......I've never supported death penalty until now. Jodi Arias deserves death. Travis and family deserve justice.

I'm back after a 24-hour TO for a disparaging post about ALV.
To mods: I am sorry and in good faith can say I won't do it again.

are we really not starting till 430? seriously
:what:

Nothin' like court starting when I can legitimately be in my favorite PJs and slippers. (9:30pm for me!) I'm adding sleep deprivation to my civil suit against Nurmi, Arias, et al. ;)

off topic :

can i just say i just saw this emoticon for the first time and why oh why havent we been using it :liar::liar::liar:

Would they need Dworkin at all for the shooting range footage? It seems unlikely since they could establish it with the guy they got it from but IDK maybe they don't want to put him on the stand because of things he might blurt out like "Travis didn't own a gun!!!"

Interesting post over on the Legal Eagle's page this morning....

Why would ALV be coming back to take the stand Tues...?

Answer

"There is an interesting article on one of the fb pages that states several reasons for which an expert witness may be impeached or disqualified. Ones that stood out for me were: testimony conflicts with the evidence on two or more occasions, if personal gain is the means to the end $$ from books speaking engagements, or pay from th dt, or bias if through testimony witness Lies... If any if these are established i think the jury can disregard part or all of their testimony."

WOW!! Wouldn't that be something ?!?! :what::what:

Who jumped in to interrupt ALV when she said something like, "After 28 yrs. my retirement".... Was it JW?

Good Morning everyone. I am at work and kind of swamped. As usual, I will be following the trila via the great posts of WS!!

According to her c.v, she’s a Licensed Marriage, Family, Child Counselor A/K/A a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT.) LMFTs are licensed by the California State Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) in Sacramento and licensure can be confirmed via their public website. When I search the BBS site, I could not find verification of any current LMFT license. All I could find was that outdated canceled Psychological Assistant license.
Did you notice that her supervising psychologist's license was revoked? I did, and I looked up why. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018