weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though that did just give me a horrifying image. Can you imagine ALV armed with a prescription pad? She'd have every man in America pumped full of estrogen supplements!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

This is no biggie, but something I want to ask because it's been bugging me.

How many people really say "gosh" nowadays? I've never said it. Is it a California thing?

JA said it in the interrogation room..."gosh, jodi, you could have at least put on make up."

ALV said it to the juror's question about looking at JA while answering questions.."gosh, I didn't even know I did that."

I also picked up on words that both of them used while testifying that I would not normally expect to hear. Can't think of them off the top of my head, but it did strike me when I heard ALV using JA's words.

Jodi is of course a walking dictionary of all forms of words. ALV on the other hand IS old enough to have used gosh for many years.

I'm a gunshot first camper. Just look at the trajectory of the wound and think about a left handed shooter. Now think about TA being crouched in the shower - and then tell me what you think! With all the manipulation of his body post mortem, his body (and consequently) head wound being washed after being drug back into the shower - and his head being in an upright position - and decomposing for 5 days - I think it's impossible to tell.

I think the gun jammed, which is EXTREMELY PROBABLE (LE here) especially with a small caliber, and possibly old ammunition. I had a .38 revolver that would only fire every other round. Happens more often than you think, depending on a ton of factors!

After the gun jammed, came everything else. No way Jodi would have brought a gun to a knife fight, and used the knife second. She wouldn't have taken that chance.

I used to work at the security company Dennis Rader had worked for. I worked at the phone center and he'd worked there so long ago I never spoke to him. However, one of the technicians in Wichita told me his supervisor used to go out and get a beer with him and the other guys once in awhile. :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think what stopped him, Nube, was his ingrained training not to hit a woman. Seeing all the stab wounds to the back is very reminiscent of something he wrote in his Being Better blog (he's talking about being beat for waking his mom):
" It hurt but we got used to it. I learned how to turn so that when she hit me she would strike my back and arms, the pain was less there."

I think you're right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a gunshot first camper. Just look at the trajectory of the wound and think about a left handed shooter. Now think about TA being crouched in the shower - and then tell me what you think! With all the manipulation of his body post mortem, his body (and consequently) head wound being washed after being drug back into the shower - and his head being in an upright position - and decomposing for 5 days - I think it's impossible to tell.

I think the gun jammed, which is EXTREMELY PROBABLE (LE here) especially with a small caliber, and possibly old ammunition. I had a .38 revolver that would only fire every other round. Happens more often than you think, depending on a ton of factors!

After the gun jammed, came everything else. No way Jodi would have brought a gun to a knife fight, and used the knife second. She wouldn't have taken that chance.

I can see JA being stupid enough to only bring one bullet.

I agree... I dont think she mailed the check...she made it very convenient for it to be found...even asked the nice detective if it had been found...

Yes, she wanted to make sure the nice detective found it so it would appear she was a nice girl, loved Travis and had made her car payments.

:D

MOO

I'd love to see more of those journal entries released, especially June 1.

Have to go dig out my notes to see exactly what ALV said about that entry. I do remember KW directing ALV to different pages in the entry and it was very long. At least 8 pages, I'm guessing.

5/26 entry- complains about TA being rude. compares TA to father.

5/27 entry- plans to see Ryan NB this is the day after the explosive text from TA and the first we've heard of her plan to go to UT...coincidence or what?

5/30 entry- going following week for a couple of days with Ryan

6/1 entry- talks about her visiting with Darryl, Matt and Ryan on her upcoming trip. TA not thrilled. TA is guiliting her about trip, but JA stands her ground. Moving away in relationship. TA sounds bothered.

All of the entries from at least May 22nd were written after the fact IMO.

This is no biggie, but something I want to ask because it's been bugging me.

How many people really say "gosh" nowadays? I've never said it. Is it a California thing?

JA said it in the interrogation room..."gosh, jodi, you could have at least put on make up."

ALV said it to the juror's question about looking at JA while answering questions.."gosh, I didn't even know I did that."

I also picked up on words that both of them used while testifying that I would not normally expect to hear. Can't think of them off the top of my head, but it did strike me when I heard ALV using JA's words.

I think JA picked it up from being around Mormons, who apparently can't curse.

Travis still had the title so she couldn't have gotten any money uhaul may have given.

I never heard that the U-Haul company was liable for the damage done to Travis' BMW. It was just a car dolly where the front wheels are in the dolly track and the back wheels are on the pavement. Most of the time the person drives the car up onto the dolly not the U-Haul rep.

Do you know where that was said?

tia

It doesn't seem to bother her family at all. I would be embarrassed beyond tears and would have to miss that day in court.

But that is when her father and brother showed up for the first time. Odd....very odd, imo.

The only time I've seen her mom , cry Was during the interview with detective flores after Jodie's arrest.

I don't feel bad for Jodie's mom I don't like the way they (twin) and her acted in court towards travis family. Giggling when Samantha or tanisha left the courtroom. Wearing the domestic violence ribbons knowing jodie. Was no DV victim.
I do think her dad seems more genuine, he did make the effort to attend a few times. He is very ill so that must have been a big effort on his part. Jodie's sister made some derogatory comments about travis abusing jodie!! at the( jodie arias is innocent forum) Yeah dumb me went there once.
I don't know about the little brother but I'm assuming they all believe she's a victim.

Though that did just give me a horrifying image. Can you imagine ALV armed with a prescription pad? She'd have every man in America pumped full of estrogen supplements!

Too funny but no, no worries Schuby......ALV isn't a Psychologist!

I go deer hunting and fishing. Never bothered me baiting my hook (crickets or worms) or taking the fish off the line but anything to do with a knife I just couldn't do it. My hubby field dresses our deer before they are taken in to the deer processing place.

IMO

Mine do too.
Then do they rest hanging the deer in a tree in the backyard!

My son's first kill was with a bow and arrow.
Something my dad and husband have never done.
My son learned to cook some great dishes...

Kudos to them I guess.
Imma chicken! cluck cluck!!!

Needless to say...
How Jodi could kill Travis like she did...
It befuddles me!

If she is ever released, she will kill again.

IMO, MOO, and all that...

I have that feeling too. Looking at the photos of the scene, it seemed like she liked doing what she did ... alot. The only thing she did well was wait until the perfect opportunity arose. Her being out of prison, would scare the bejabbers out of me but I'm not one of her doting fans. Imagine all of those who are, who keep their affection secret? They are her next victims.

Yes, Bernardo should def got DP.

But, remember David Milgaard? He was in jail forever, until DNA finally proved he was not the killer.

I'm on the :fence: with the DP.

I said this before ------ and I will say it again, SEE below....lol!!

IMHO, I would prefer she get the DP.....

.....over LWOP

But if no DP, the I would want: LWOPPPARTDS :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

L - LIFE
W - WITH
O - OUT
P - PAROLE
P - PENS
P - PENCILS
A - PAPER
R - ART
T - TWITTER
D - DAYLIGHT
S - SEX

:jail:

I am from Canada too....but her wickness needs the DP as I never want here to hold a pencil again, see the Sun, nothing....she took that away from JA. She admitted She did it, she is a cold blooded killer. Even as a Canadian, I hope she gets the DP.

MOO :moo:

I used to work at the security company Dennis Rader had worked for. I worked at the phone center and he'd worked there so long ago I never spoke to him. However, one of the technicians in Wichita told me his supervisor used to go out and get a beer with him and the other guys once in awhile. :eek:

Radar was so emotionless when he told about what he did. Truly a soulless person. JA is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14