weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she wanted the evidence gone for good, she would have disposed of the camera, whether it be hers or his, along with the gun and knife---not thrown it in the washing machine.
She had things carefully planned out and premeditated but I can't believe throwing the camera in the washing machine was a part of her plan.

I can't either. I think the camera in the washing machine was pure accident, picked up with the bloody towel and other items, thrown in the washing machine and then completely forgotten about.

It just hit me! The PHOTOGRAPHER who was always known to carry her camera everywhere, didn't take any pics of her and her alibi Ryan in Utah.

Guess why!

Oooh Oooh ... pick ME, pick ME!!!!

Is it ... :drumroll:

PTSD??

Oh, wait ... :banghead:

Camera expert's testimony:

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 6 not Complete. NSFW, Graphic photos, Warning! My apologies - YouTube

I took the testimony of the camera expert, (Michael Melendez) and dissected it. I've had a lot of questions about those pictures, and decided to find out just how long the photo session lasted, and the interval between the snap shots. I found it most interesting that the camera came to the lab with the button used to snap the pictures, being loose and wobbly. It actually fell off in the examiners hands. Another note of interest is... the button is made of rubber. I think that makes it easier for the floor to grip it, and make inadvertent pictures. The button is definitely raised up higher than most cameras I'm used to dealing with. The witness testified that the ceiling picture was taken while the camera was held..... right-side up. The next two pictures were made while the camera was completely upside down. So, if someone stepped on the camera, pictures would be snapped. Meaning, it could have been kicked, or stepped on.

The shower photo session only lasted 8 minutes and 50 seconds before Travis was attacked. Twenty three (23) photos were admitted into evidence, and I believe the testimony says all had been deleted by someone. Evidence # 152 was skipped. It was never mentioned, never shown on camera, and no dates or times were given for it. That number was just skipped over. I think that could be important. Evidence photo #160 was referenced with a date and time, but not shown on camera.

The twenty three photos were taken in this interval.
(12 sec), (18 sec), (6 sec),( 24 sec), (6 sec), (1 min), (18 sec),( 4 sec),( 4 sec),( 4 sec), (photo skipped) (1 min 56 sec), (16 sec), ( 6 sec), (10 sec) ,( 1 min 26 sec), (18 sec), (8 sec), (1 min 10 sec), (44 sec).
Evidence photo #162 (Travis's body and Jodi's leg) was taken outside the shower 62 sec after the ceiling photo, and evidence photo #163 (baseboard) was taken 1 min 16 sec after the bloody dragging photo.

Evidence photo # 151 taken at 5:25:00 appears to me to have water droplets on the lens, and the expert witness testified it could be water droplets. If Travis had concerns about the water getting on his lens, maybe he would have said something to Jodi about it, not wanting to ruin his new camera. (That was probably Jodi's idea of Travis attacking her) Between that photo and the next one, there is an interval of 1 min 56 seconds. During that time, I believe another picture was taken, (evidence photo # 152) but never shown. Since it was never admitted into evidence, I don't know if you can call it an evidence photo, but #152 was skipped over when evidence was admitted. I believe Jodi took a towel, and wiped the water off the camera, and while doing that, she accidentally took another photo that ended up being a dark blob which was the inside of the towel, and never introduced into evidence. The next picture extracted from the camera had no water droplets on the lens. That's the reason I believe there is a gap of nearly 2 minutes between pictures.

The other gaps of longer than a minute, could possibly be the time she was gathering her "killer" tools. With the cabinet door being opened, I can't help but wonder if that glass/cup she retrieved could have been used to throw something caustic into his eyes. There is a good reason that Travis couldn't fight her off, and I believe that is a real possibility. I wish I knew what else was under that cabinet! Drano, toilet cleaner, etc. And the only clean up Jodi attempted was to get rid of that evidence, and possibly her own blood. It has never made sense to me that Jodi attempted to clean the crime scene. Way too much blood, but it makes perfect sense to wash off Travis' body if she is washing off evidence of something she used to incapacitate him.

If you have time over the weekend, you gotta watch the video of the camera experts testimony. It answered a lot of questions I had.

Excellent idea. Never thought of that!

If Travis wanted to measure and cut a rope, I think he'd have the common sense to measure it in the bedroom with the bed as a guide, not from the bathroom and then cut it.

Jodi's needs the knife in the bathroom within reach and not in the bedroom. She told ALV that Travis cut the rope "nooses" off her arms and laid it on the nightstand. If that's the case then Jodi not only went for the gun, she also went back for the knife in a fight for her life.
I'm in the "no rope" camp--think it's yet another self-serving lie that Jodi dreamed up to conveniently put a knife in the bedroom/master bath and nothing more. No evidence that it existed. If you're going to tie someone up and take kinky pics, you'd take one of Jodi with the "nooses" (eyeroll) around her wrists. The bottle of lubricant is visible in a couple of pics, why not the rope? Moreover, at the risk of sounding like I know something about bondage, why would Travis use a knife to cut the rope when scissors would work just fine? You can easily cut standard nylon rope with scissors. If her fog didn't kick in until after the "gun went off" (her words), then why can't she provide a better description of the so-called knife? Oh wait, maybe that's why Travis illogically measured and cut from the bathroom instead of in the bedroom with the bed as the guide. She didn't get a good look at the knife because he was too far away. In the midst of her fog she not only gathers up the "nooses" (why not put them in wash with the other stuff?) but also has the presence of mind to locate the unused piece of rope that Travis left in the bathroom? No rope fibers were found anywhere in the bathroom or bedroom. The other problem that I have with the rope is that it came out during Juan's cross of ALV, that Jodi initially told her that Travis tied her at the wrists and ankles, which she later changed to wrists only.

I can't either. I think the camera in the washing machine was pure accident, picked up with the bloody towel and other items, thrown in the washing machine and then completely forgotten about.

Yep - Lexington is right. IMO of course.....:woohoo:

Agree. So why was the camera in the washing machine?

Either she accidently threw it in there with the laundry scooped up from the bathroom floor and then couldn't find it/forgot about it, or she thought what was on it would be destroyed and she wanted to get all of her blood/dna/fingerprints off of it so threw it in there on purpose. Had she thrown it away with the gun and knife, I don't think this case would be nearly as strong as it is. It's like having a video of what happened that day.

Fingerprints? Or, maybe she drug Travis along the floor in towels or bedding after she deleted the photos and the camera got caught up in them - Why did she feel like doing LAUNDRY on her way out any dam way? Dr. D said

Fingerprints would be solved by taking the camera with her. I don't think taking it is a bigger red flag than leaving it in the washing machine. The opposite, really. I think your post cut off. It says Dr. D said....I assume you're referring to Demarte?

Camera in washer? Jodi was a "photographer". Camera turns up missing they would have busted her for theft of it also. So, soak it in water. Dumb move.

When will there be a funny video of JW on youtube? I can't wait. jmo

Fingerprints? Or, maybe she drug Travis along the floor in towels or bedding after she deleted the photos and the camera got caught up in them - Why did she feel like doing LAUNDRY on her way out any dam way? Dr. D said

Yes !!! I am quoting self !!! Dr. D made a very good point to the jurors, I thought. JA absolutely was managing and manipulative. :drumroll:

I'm not sure about TA's specific camera, but most do not use proprietary storage cards. The SD card found in the washing machine was a standard SD card. The photos that were on the card (both those that Travis had taken before Jodi's visit and the deleted images that were taken on June 4 and recovered later) were all taken with Travis' camera. The computer forensic detective (Melendez from Mesa PD) testified that the EXIF metadata in these images matched the specs of Travis' camera.
When Det. Flores confronted Jodi about the photo evidence, she went off on one of her tangents about how the storage/memory card could have been one of hers that she left at Travis's while continuing to deny that she hadn't been at his home since April.

Nope. the feral cats.

Oh....wait a minute....I forgot about the cat/cats:ohwow:.

There was so much changing in that gal's life it looks
like even she couldn't keep up with what she is telling
people !!:smile::gavel:

I have not checked this thread in a couple of days. I did see a notice that the Facebook site said there was going to be news to day. Or was it tomorrow. Has anybody seen what that news is?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

NO KIDDING!!! And we'll never know because of the dang fognesia.

I usually don't announce when I'm going to bed lol. But since I've got a few posts out there with responses I thought it would be courteous to do that. It's nearly midnight here and this will be the first Saturday in years that I can sleep in for! So I'm getting cozy with a book and a glass of pinot. Good nite y'all.

Agree. So why was the camera in the washing machine?

My best guess would be that after deleting the photos, she dumped the camera into the wash machine to get rid of any DNA from her hands. I think it was deliberate. JA may be IQ smart but not street smart.

I also think that JA thought TA's roomies would figure TA was in Cancun as to why he's not hanging around the house. One of the roomies would go to wash clothes and yank out the stuff already in the wash and see the camera thinking that wow, TA accidently dropped his camera with his clothes into the wash by accident, he's gonna be sooo pizzed! Then put the camera aside and the camera would end up being forgotten and that would totally rid all evidence (to her) of her being there.
I don't know...JA thinks so much weirder than most of us.

I'm curious, why do you think the camera was in the washing machine?

JA mentioned another camera she had in a storage unit, do we know if the storage unit was ever found and searched, and if so was anything of interest found in it?

Nope. It was part of her plan as evidence by the fact that she took the time to delete photos after the murder. If her plan was to take it to hoover dam, she would not have bothered with the deletion process at the house.

I'm in the "no rope" camp--think it's yet another self-serving lie that Jodi dreamed up to conveniently put a knife in the bedroom/master bath and nothing more. No evidence that it existed. If you're going to tie someone up and take kinky pics, you'd take one of Jodi with the "nooses" (eyeroll) around her wrists. The bottle of lubricant is visible in a couple of pics, why not the rope? Moreover, at the risk of sounding like I know something about bondage, why would Travis use a knife to cut the rope when scissors would work just fine? You can easily cut standard nylon rope with scissors. If her fog didn't kick in until after the "gun went off" (her words), then why can't she provide a better description of the so-called knife? Oh wait, maybe that's why Travis illogically measured and cut from the bathroom instead of in the bedroom with the bed as the guide. She didn't get a good look at the knife because he was too far away. In the midst of her fog she not only gathers up the "nooses" (why not put them in wash with the other stuff?) but also has the presence of mind to locate the unused piece of rope that Travis left in the bathroom? No rope fibers were found anywhere in the bathroom or bedroom. The other problem that I have with the rope is that it came out during Juan's cross of ALV, that Jodi initially told her that Travis tied her at the wrists and ankles, which she later changed to wrists only.

I agree and to add to that.....how does one tie someone up to a sleigh bed? I'm totally confused.

My best guess would be that after deleting the photos, she dumped the camera into the wash machine to get rid of any DNA from her hands. I think it was deliberate. JA may be IQ smart but not street smart.

I also think that JA thought TA's roomies would figure TA was in Cancun as to why he's not hanging around the house. One of the roomies would go to wash clothes and yank out the stuff already in the wash and see the camera thinking that wow, TA accidently dropped his camera with his clothes into the wash by accident, he's gonna be sooo pizzed! Then put the camera aside and the camera would end up being forgotten and that would totally rid all evidence (to her) of her being there.
I don't know...JA thinks so much weirder than most of us.

I'm curious, why do you think the camera was in the washing machine?

Agreed. Her blood had likely found its way inside the crevices of the camera which made the wash cycle even more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth