weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested, here is a great detailing of the Mike Peterson "blowpoke" debacle. Prosecutors contended he beat her in the head violently to her death with a fireplace 'blowpoke" that went missing and had been gifted by her sister. They claimed throughout this was likely the murder weapon.

Then the day the defense CIC was to conclude, somehow one of his sons' miraculously found" this blowpoke hiding in plain sight in the garage although his house and grounds had been searched and searched specifically for this item.

I'm getting echoes of this ridiculous stunt now...

http://vanceholmes.com/court/trial_m_peterson4.html

:fence:

:fence::floorlaugh::woohoo::drumroll::floorlaugh:

Isn't it against probation rules for inmates to communicate with each other once they have left prison or jail??? I have always heard that!!!

Apparently not as this one talks to her nightly and tweets for her. Blech.

That site is very scary. I read only and only on the days after jury questions. It is hard to describe how I feel after I have read there. I guess I can best describe it as Jodi-ish. Confused, Sad, Happy, Lost, Found, Dirty and Clean all at once.

I get the impression that there are some very smart people on that site.

Not what you think. Let me explain.

There are a subset of posters over there that come up with outlandish theories as to why Arias is innocent. The majority tow the company line, but some are rattling off blood atonement rituals, Mormon mafia, the roommates killing poor Travis, etc.

One of the best ways to discredit an idea is through disseminating ridiculous misinformation. By their hosting these insane theories, it makes it easier for casuals to dismiss the whole shebang.

That or it's just the work of some paranoid schizophrenics.

If there is any truth to this at all, *skeptical*, they could do a ballistics test to see if it was the gun used by Jodi and if it was her grandparents gun, that's game, set, match.

Grandparents are in CA right? So the gun would be registered? Again, I am not really putting much weight in this story, but if it were true it would be huge if it was the grandparents' gun.

During a discussion about the gun recently, someone posted the police report of the original "burglary." I was interested in it and hadn't seen it. The report mentions that the grandfather got the gun from someone (possibly long gone) and there was no serial number. Apparently it was not registered either, but...if that gun was really found, they have a shell fired from it, and whatever is left of the bullet.

Her ex that won't show his face, she's scared him bad enough that he's hiding (and for good reason, he has a kid to protect). The one big big thing we all need to remember is that Jodi has pull in there due to her status and people will do things get her approval. The fact that people are watching websites like this, posting for her on twitter .. it's telling of our society.

without a doubt people live in fear of her and her retaliation.

Her ex did admit on the stand that Jodi said she was going to Utah and Arizona.

Yeah, I know, after I posted that I thought, :facepalm:

I don't know what she is but I just am not buying the whole DV/self defense thing so then to me ALV's testimony was just a big waste of my time when I COULD have been doing...ZUMBA.

If I were a tax payer in Arizona I'd not be happy.

Any other better psychiatrists you could think of for JA ? (Scratching my head).

Can't think of the name of a psychiatrist, how about another psychologist? Dr. Robert Hare :floorlaugh:

ITA the DV/self defense is bunk and knew ALV's testimony would be bs so only saw about 10% of it. Had better things to do that listen to her bs. LOL

The trial is in the home stretch now, we all need to take a break from trial watching for at least a week after this one is over. LOL

How about Richard Gere in Primal Fear :).

Dr. Hare would have a field day with Arias. I'm sure she would rate "psycho" on his PCL-R perfectly. She could be his next poster child for abnormal psychology.

ETA: and for any Mel Brooks fans out there....DON'T CALL ME ABBIE NORMAL. :floorlaugh:

Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein - "Whose Brain Was it?" - YouTube

JA at Othello a couple of days after slaughtering Travis

l.jpg

Well, if people are pulling carp like that--I hope everyone of them gets caught up in Jodi's spider web and she drags them all down her spidey hole. Including the reporter.

According to the rumor on Topix, the gun was found more than a year ago.

I just re-watched that young looking expert that had the bullet taken from Travis' cheek, talking about lands and grooves?, is that how you say it? If there is a gun found, I imagine we would be hearing from that young lady again, if it is a match to the bullet in custody and when they fire the 'found' gun.

O/T - Katie, I was over in the Boston thread and scanner this weekend. Just caught up in the observer thread. Glad you are here tonight and hope you are feeling better. Thanks for all you do! :blowkiss:

Same here... I am hoping for the outcome I feel is fitting, but preparing myself just in case. One thing I learned from that other trial is that it doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things how I feel, what matters is what the twelve jurors feel is just. After that we can only live with it .

I think most of us here have a dreaded fear of a repeat of the CA verdict, me included. But, I sat myself down and really thought about it. That's when it hit me that there's no way possible that will happen. We can tell by the juror questions that there are some that are not buying what the defense is selling.

What we really have to fear is a hung jury. A "do-over". (Ugh!!!) If that happens, those of us that are pro-prosecution will feel deflated because of all the time we have invested and our hopes to have justice for Travis' family. We certainly don't want them to have to go thru this again.

But, think about it. Jodi will remain in jail. ($2,000,000 bond.) The jurors will talk and the prosecution will learn what went wrong from them and build an even better case. Jodi will eventually wind up in a real prison, hopefully with LWOP, if not the DP.

But, don't give up hope. Juan is on a mission to get justice for Travis and his family and he hasn't played all his cards yet.

Yup. That's what I told myself and myself feels better already.:woohoo:

P.S. And remember this…Nurmi and Wilmott are no where near as slick as Baez & Company! They were a "Dream Team" compared to this outfit.:twocents:

JA at Othello a couple of days after slaughtering Travis

l.jpg

I lol'd at this .She's wearing stripes hahaha preparing I suppose. This goes to show she had NO remorse or care for human life. It's all about Jodi.

This has probably already been mentioned but what would keep a JA supporter from planting a .25 gun near Hoover Dam and then having it found and proven not to be from the grandparents, thus making JA look like she was being truthful?
Are her grandparents even alive now?

O/T - Katie, I was over in the Boston thread and scanner this weekend. Just caught up in the observer thread. Glad you are here tonight and hope you are feeling better. Thanks for all you do! :blowkiss:

I'm on the rest this weekend...but feeling better. Thanks. I just get overwhelmed with questions/requests sometimes and now that I'm communicating more with the Alexander family I now have various compartments in my brain that I can't invade which makes it more than a bit stressful for me to communicate. With or without a brain fauxg. ;)

The miracle would be a twenty dollar bill blew out of his hand and landed on a catus.
Another miracle would be any toilet paper or paper bag with the gun after 5 years in the desert.
:desert:

This has probably already been mentioned but what would keep a JA supporter from planting a .25 gun near Hoover Dam and then having it found and proven not to be from the grandparents, thus making JA look like she was being truthful?

The forensics can easily show whether or not it was the gun used to shoot Travis, so planting any other gun would make no difference at all and wouldn't be admissable in court that a gun was even found.

Ballistics would match any gun up to the crime, I think. I mean the bullet and casing were recovered. The bullet in his face. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06