Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. You need to upload the image to an image hosting site. Then get the URL from there and post it here.

No, that takes way too long! With this new software, you can easily drag and drop pictures. Just click on the picture, hold the clicker down and drag it here to an open message.

If that doesn't work, right click on the picture, scroll down and click "copy image address", then click on the Image icon here and paste the url.

easy peasy.

I'm having all the same problems which make it nearly impossible to post because this site is constantly reloading. Most of the time I'm using an iPad with Safari.

I discovered if I disable Java Script and refresh the Websleuths page the ads go away along with all the problems. This isn't ideal because you can't view videos and attachments or sites like FB that rely on Java Script. But it's a breeze to scroll, read and post.

I think when Websleuths finds a fix for the ads, that should solve most of our problems.

Even though it’s not ideal, I may have to go this route because the site is still constantly reloading for me and I’m about to throw my phone.

No, that takes way too long! With this new software, you can easily drag and drop pictures. Just click on the picture, hold the clicker down and drag it here to an open message.

If that doesn't work, right click on the picture, scroll down and click "copy image address", then click on the Image icon here and paste the url.

easy peasy.
IF there's a URL but the OP was asking about browse and upload from files I believe.

Welcome To Websleuths # 2

I couldn't find anything either when doing an internal search here so I then went all the way out to Google and did a search for - curtis oakes websleuths - and did not see any thread.

i looked too and did not find anything

I just won $1,000 with the added bonus of having to clear the cookies and history on my phone to make the pop ups go away. When will I get my check? :p

Those ads are the worst! Do you have virus protection on your phone?

On the Samsung and still alive and well, see (way) above. Before switching to the (problem-free) solution, the sky was falling, so to speak. So much for code talk, happy to be here and off to solve crime, or at least link MSM to it!

I just won $1,000 with the added bonus of having to clear the cookies and history on my phone to make the pop ups go away. When will I get my check? :p

I used to get something similar on the old site too eg. Youve been n selected to get a new blady blahblah
And it would fill my screen.

Trying to post and edit and it is impossibly slow lagging behind

Last edited:
New Thread TITLE Problems -
I typed this:. . . F L - Heans Gianni Alvarez, 46. Shot, killed in “targeted execution”, Wesley Chapel, 27 Jun 2018
Post looks like: F L - Heans Gianni Alvarez, 46. Shot, Killed In “targeted Execution”, Wesley Chapel, 27 Jun 2018
I had been reading issues with the 'upper case' problem, so I intentionally put a space between F and L - so that F L would appear instead of Fl. But it should be FL.
I accidentally put . after 46 instead of a ,
I entered lower case k (killed) and e (execution), but it posted the k and e as upper case K and E.
^^Can't change the title after posting it.

I am still getting that popup ad where I've won $$$$ . When I close that one , I get a bonus popup. So far unable to get a screenshot.

Also, since new site I have hilarious issues with contractions & predictive text. Just so bizarre.

Contractions: Can't , don't, etc. Seems to freak the potential post message space out. It freezes, or it starts backspacing, or slips the next few letters.
I .appreciate all the hard work going into this site & those working behind the scenes to keep us straight.
Good job! Kudos all around

I had three file folders of graphics/photos on my profile page prior to the switch. I believe those files or galleries did not transfer over during the transition. Hopefully @Tricia can weigh in to confirm.
did they know in advance they wouldn't transfer? becuase honestly, i'm kinda pissed off about it...

I am still getting that popup ad where I've won $$$$ . When I close that one , I get a bonus popup. So far unable to get a screenshot.

Also, since new site I have hilarious issues with contractions & predictive text. Just so bizarre.

Contractions: Can't , don't, etc. Seems to freak the potential post message space out. It freezes, or it starts backspacing, or slips the next few letters.
I .appreciate all the hard work going into this site & those working behind the scenes to keep us straight.
Good job! Kudos all around

I want to make sure I am understanding. If you type "Can't, don't" and so on your computer starts to freak out and freeze or backspace?

When you get a pop-up ad we have to have a screenshot, the time of the ad and exactly where on the forum the ad is showing up so we can begin to figure out where these ads are coming from.
You can email me this info at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Keep in mind a pop-up ad on Websleuths does not mean it came from Websleuths. That is the frustration with these ads.
Are you using an Apple Product?

I haven't complained/commented lately because I don't know how to explain the issues and can't screen shot frozen screens and l..a..g.. But it is still happening, every day, just like the last. I have ads everywhere and get a lot of "bad certificate" messages. Most frustrating though is the lag and freezing, and it affects other programs I am running. I should not have to be a tech wizard or adjust settings. I'm still here but it's just not the same...
Tell me what machine you are using and the age.
Thank you,
Tricia

HAS ANYONE NOTICED A POSITIVE CHANGE IN THEIR EXPERIENCE ON WEBSLEUTHS? We have removed some video ads we feel was causing to slow the forum down and might have been contributing to the battery heating up issue.

Please let me know if anyone has noticed a change since the video ads were removed?

Tricia

HAS ANYONE NOTICED A POSITIVE CHANGE IN THEIR EXPERIENCE ON WEBSLEUTHS? We have removed some video ads we feel was causing to slow the forum down and might have been contributing to the battery heating up issue.

Please let me know if anyone has noticed a change since the video ads were removed?

Tricia
Seems to have fixed the 'timing out' issues for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member