Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New spammer account blocks people from viewing their profile.

Page not loading; got this error message for a few seconds; then it went away; then it appeared again; still there now while I am posting this comment:
This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources.

I'm on a desktop PC, Windows, Chrome

Haha ... I just got a similar one. Using iPad and it is 7:28 pm now
Why isn't there a posting limit on new accounts? I'm not sure anyone should be making one post per minute. I suppose if someone is a really fast typer they might be able to post that fast. But even then they should probably be thinking about the posts for a bit longer.

Please consider using 'captcha' for new accounts. May stop some of these new accounts from spamming.
No please. CAPTCHA is terrible. It doesn't stop SPAM, and it only serves to irritate the user. I can't count how many sites I go to and can't get past the CAPTCHA. One after another, after another, after another of impossible to solve CAPTCHAs. :mad::confused::eek:

Last few spammer accounts I noticed had letters and numbers as usernames eg. Lll5070.

No please. CAPTCHA is terrible. It doesn't stop SPAM, and it only serves to irritate the user. I can't count how many sites I go to and can't get past the CAPTCHA. One after another, after another, after another of impossible to solve CAPTCHAs. :mad::confused::eek:

Well something needs to be done. I don't want my computer and phone compromised because this is happening. Captcha seems ok to me but won't stop all spam.

Well something needs to be done. I don't want my computer and phone compromised because this is happening. Captcha seems ok to me but won't stop all spam.
I think posting limits would be better. A new member should maybe be limited to maybe one post per hour for the first 10 posts. Then maybe one post every 5 minutes for the next 100 posts. That would be way too long for most SPAMers, but still give new members quite of bit of opportunity to post.

I have stopped posting on many forums when they started requiring CAPTCHA, but the SPAM was still there.

On the old board I thought there was a minimum number of posts you had to make before you could start a new thread. Require new members to make a low number of posts like 10 or 15 before they could be the originator of a new thread and that should stop the bots. They may still post but they would have to post on existing threads first and would most likely be reported before they got to the point of starting hundreds of new threads and taking over the forum. JMO.

Not sure spambot would choose symbols that are directly next to each other on a keyboard to create a username eg. Fghdfgsdfgd01 the newest spammer. Seems like a real person created that account. jmo

On the old board I thought there was a minimum number of posts you had to make before you could start a new thread. Require new members to make a low number of posts like 10 or 15 before they could be the originator of a new thread and that should stop the bots. They may still post but they would have to post on existing threads first and would most likely be reported before they got to the point of starting hundreds of new threads and taking over the forum. JMO.

They are posting on existing threads, though, aren't they?

This is what I'm seeing in the "New Threads" section on the right side.
It's 11:30am Eastern European time, on a Compaq laptop using Firefox.

MD - Richard Heath, 33, Montgomery County, 17 Jun 2018
cybervampira posted 16 minutes ago

bgbhfghytycg02
购买加拿大学历 Q/微501479313 主教大学毕业证成绩单文凭...
bgbhfghytycg02 posted 16 minutes ago

bgbhfghytycg02
购买澳洲学历 Q/微501479313 南昆士兰大学USQ毕业证成绩单文凭...
bgbhfghytycg02 posted 17 minutes ago

cybervampira
CA - Deanna Gemperle, 16, Turlock, 26 Jun 2018
cybervampira posted 25 minutes ago

First time seeing foreign language!!

What does CAPTCHA do? Security? or just as KaaBoom says - irritating!

and who is this cybervampira - he/she sure started a ton of threads yesterday!!

I am getting " 403 Forbidden cloudfare" errors plus where all the ads were now shows errors and script (I don't mind about that) plus all the new Asian threads showing at the bottom.

(Does this new forum use cloudfare? )

On the "up" side, suddenly NO TEXT LAG and I can post in regular time. This proves to me it is the ads ballsing it all up.

Eta spoke to soon -asian dating ads are back but text lag back again too.

Last edited:
This is what I'm seeing in the "New Threads" section on the right side.
It's 11:30am Eastern European time, on a Compaq laptop using Firefox.

MD - Richard Heath, 33, Montgomery County, 17 Jun 2018
cybervampira posted 16 minutes ago

bgbhfghytycg02
购买加拿大学历 Q/微501479313 主教大学毕业证成绩单文凭...
bgbhfghytycg02 posted 16 minutes ago

bgbhfghytycg02
购买澳洲学历 Q/微501479313 南昆士兰大学USQ毕业证成绩单文凭...
bgbhfghytycg02 posted 17 minutes ago

cybervampira
CA - Deanna Gemperle, 16, Turlock, 26 Jun 2018
cybervampira posted 25 minutes ago

First time seeing foreign language!!

What does CAPTCHA do? Security? or just as KaaBoom says - irritating!

and who is this cybervampira - he/she sure started a ton of threads yesterday!!
That member has over 4,000 messages, 4 year member and has somewhat filled the void left by our dear departed member "Los"in starting Missing Persons threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879