Welcome To Websleuths # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm gathering the quote button is a multi-quote but that wasn't necessary because you could just hit reply on multiple posts for that to work, except yesterday when I tried doing that and it played up for the first time. It always worked fine before that.

Just noticed we have a quote button now between the like and the reply buttons. One more little button for my fat fingers to hit by mistake :p

So I'm gathering the quote button is a multi-quote but that wasn't necessary because you could just hit reply on multiple posts for that to work, except yesterday when I tried doing that and it played up for the first time. It always worked fine before that.
I didn't know this!
Works for me though...

Is anyone besides me getting multiple email alerts for new conversation posts? I am receiving several (4,5,6) emails notifying me that there is one new entry in a private conversation. Kind of a nuisance. I'll get to the messages when I'm online and have time. No need for multiple notifications.

My alerts this morning said I had 94 new alerts. But when I clicked on it only 2 alerts show up and it won't show me any past alerts besides those 2 (I used to be able to see ones from the previous days). I'm guessing the bots created 92 new threads under the forums I was following and those were deleted? But where are the rest of my alerts?

My alerts this morning said I had 94 new alerts. But when I clicked on it only 2 alerts show up and it won't show me any past alerts besides those 2 (I used to be able to see ones from the previous days). I'm guessing the bots created 92 new threads under the forums I was following and those were deleted? But where are the rest of my alerts?
That's what it looks like to me. Thankfully I had opted out of alerts for new threads in Watched Forums.

I didn't know this!
Works for me though...
Yes it was just the one time it played up yesterday, I tried to multiquote and the first quote went into the reply box but when I hit reply on the second post that I wanted to also quote the first one did a disappearing act.

Cautiously reporting that the website seems to be running smoothly for me tonight and I have not been timed out or kicked off when trying to reply. I'm on a laptop with firefox, so I can't comment on the battery overheating issues. Hopefully more posters will give good feedback.

Hope I don't jinx myself I am on a nice little ole dell PC - all is fine. I had adjustment in terms of learning curve but its all good now.

Remain baffled by lack of delete -- might be cause a lot of you are far more organized than I !!

I didn't know this!
Works for me though...
Yes it was just the one time it played up yesterday, I tried to multiquote and the first quote went into the reply box but when I hit reply on the second post that I wanted to also quote the first one did a disappearing act.

Ah. I'll have to try it both ways. With the Quote button, under "More Options" there was then a button for "Insert Options" and "Quote These Messages" as a choice. Then I could remove a quote as desired.

I'm on a Galaxy Tab using Chrome had been getting the same issue with reloading the past couple of weeks... thus far today it seems to be moving right along.

KFC ... peewhhwee.... Love that chicken from Popeyes :D

All right now time for the KFC /Popeyes battle!

KFC ummmmmmmm (while chewing you can feel your arteries filling up with
grease - an awesome and satisfying experience!

Popeyes booooooooooooo!!

Thank you! Samsung phone & Samsung Tablet. Both Android, if it matters. I will take note of time & such .

Contractions: after I type an apostrophe the end results vary. It doesn' want to type the letter after the apostrophe. If I retry it takes off the letter after apostrohe and starts to freeze up.

Won'
Don't
Won't
Don'
Doesn't
Doesn'
Can't
Can'

So it varies. I have to go back a few timed to correctly type a contacted word. Those ^ were examples. May be just me & Samsung?

Thank you for your hard work.

Since the KFC girl eating chicken in bed video stopped things are better.

*I'm also old, so that factors in!

Just type them wrong like I do and it goes thro!

That is funny!

There ya go again my dear . Using all those top secret abbreviations! (rsff)
Tend to be curious person - so off I go to learn

cracking up

<snipped>

so.what.does.it.mean!

"Respectfully snipped for focus"

I posted too many in a row so I am getting rid of them !!

Last edited:
Did you try to double-click on ”Alerts“? Clicking once opens a pull-down list, clicking twice should open the alerts history.

Here is one example relating to my above post. This is a post I made earlier on a different thread.

MY OUTGOING QUESTION:

“Thanks Niner, I’m so confused with the new order of things. And this is a good example.

Before all threads relating to any case were listed in order of the most recent forum posted activity, whatever the latest post was. Now it appears that when I pull up search results they are not in any order, just random. And it requires going through them to see the date, which isn’t very easy to see...it’s visibly small, very. It’s particularly difficult when it’s a case with several different threads. I don’t have the time to do that, nor do I want to.

So yesterday in the list of many threads the most recent post date was yours on this thread dated June 5.

Does that make sense? And if you have any suggestions or tips, I welcome them. I’m spending less time here as the days go by because I’m simply not enjoying the process” TIA

RESPONSE BACK TO ME:

@Gooddeeds - strange that it would show June 5th date. I'm just getting used to this "new" software too and am having problems with my "Watched Threads". You are not alone.... Sorry, but I have no suggestions or tips....

I believe the above exchange reflects part of what many of us are experiencing.

Just forget the watched threads all together -- use history -- over time it turns into a watched threads but is time relevant! It stores the last 50 and I am sure only a few are following 51+ threads at time

The history is awesome awesome awesome!!

Funny enough the posts that transferred over from the old site have things like %/!% etc where there should be an apostrophe.

Just found a few examples to explain what I mean

Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

But there's also some other funny code in the old posts which might have nothing to do with apostrophes :

South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July, 2016

Yo If you type like me you wont even notice!!

Yo ah never knew muh motha typing skills might gots its advantages !

ah hope all clears up fo' all soon

Thus far, so good. I haven't tried any of my other devices though.

Thus far, so good. I haven't tried any of my other devices though.

Yo How many devices do you all gots??

Man if I knew about this translator from the start you guys would never know I cant type or spell!

its a hoot

Yo Here iz da link ta da transmalator if you wants ta freak some out!! peep this

Ebonics Translator - Translate English into Ebonics with the Pimp Translator

Haha ... I just got a similar one. Using iPad and it is 7:28 pm now

We are very multicultural here my dear!!

bur seriously is that stuff bots ? so that means something is coming here and inserting other content>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander