Welcome To Websleuths # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question and I don't know who to ask. I've been a member since 2011 but not active since 2015 until today. What happened to all my 'likes'? Also, I think I had more than 600 posts.

Welcome back! Our likes started again at zero with the new platform. My number of posts carried over, however.

I guess this is the place to comment on problems with the user interface? I typically use IE and yesterday I could not like a post or reply to a post. I was taken to a page where there was no where to type a comment, but if I clicked to post the comment, a blank post from me appeared on the thread.

I downloaded chrome and at least I can reply to comments, but the page refresh can be several minutes. I think the reason why I am having so many issues with accessing the site may be related to the many add-ons that take up the bandwidth. I noticed that there is a continuous video feed on the left. I think this is part of the problem. If I could disable the add-ons, I would.

All day, every day I get booted off. I generally use Chrome, but have tried IA and it didn't make any difference. I've had a couple other messages besides the ones below, but didn't save them.

www.websleuths.com took too long to respond.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

and

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

and

This site can’t be reached
www.websleuths.com refused to connect.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The last one really hurt my feelings. You REFUSED to connect. :(

I’m posting a list of Dave our tech guy’s recent comments so everyone is up to speed. He is working on the issues and doesn’t need any more input about what’s happening as he knows what the issues are. It could take awhile to fix as he explains in the first post. The site was down overnight on Wednesday and the search feature is being redone. Every time he has to make changes and start things back up, we will have a hard time getting on. Hope this helps.

All Dave’s posts:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/640376/

Last edited:
A few of us have had this issue also. We have been told it isn’t an issue on their end but spyware on ours. I have an iPhone and was told by Apple support that it’s not spyware but they can’t help me further. I always hit “Don’t Allow” now and it only happens occasionally.

A few of us have had this issue also. We have been told it isn’t an issue on their end but spyware on ours. I have an iPhone and was told by Apple support that it’s not spyware but they can’t help me further. I always hit “Don’t Allow” now and it only happens occasionally.

This is not something that was ever said by me. This is something that took me 30 seconds to fix once it was brought to my attention

This is not something that was ever said by me. This is something that took me 30 seconds to fix once it was brought to my attention
It’s actually still asking to use location...not every single time I visit but probably about 1 in every 5 times.

Every day the site performance is getting better and better! Maybe some folks don't understand the immense undertaking of the type of switchover that has occurred. It is, in fact, rocket science! Thanks for all the incredible efforts, it shows!

I appreciate all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes for such a massive site - it can't be easy! Hugs and handshakes to all!

Having said that though, is there any chance, any chance at all, that we'll be getting the MUTE button back? My enjoyment of the site has greatly diminished without it. :(

Took long to get on, just got here and already I miss my WS! Here to see Iowa Mollie case, but great well-maintained site I like!

@WSAdmin I don’t know what you’re tinkering with behind the scenes but, whatever it is, it’s making a huge difference to the usability of the site. Thank you for all of your hard work x

Why are the number of "likes" important? Does it elevate your membership or something?

Likes per post or likes per user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member