Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you see where to watch thread on your iPad? I can see it on my MacBook, but Katharine doesn't appear to see the same things as me.

Thanks ima! We missed you over here!
Right now, under forums I see watched forums and watched threads. I’ll go check out how to watch.brb
Okay I went to forums, found a thread I don’t watch and the option to watch thread is at the top of the thread in blue. For example:
Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Ana, you’ve been so helpful to all. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my iPhone I delete everything from the rely box and click ‘done’ and it clears it
I tried that a few times but it didn’t work. I noticed that while I was typing the post a quick pop up showed up saying it was saved. That could have been the problem. I know I’ve had that issue in the past on another forum but was able to go into drafts and erase it there.

I’m so behind on the posts, I’ve been goofing off in class and wasn’t paying attention. I’m on an iPad, what are you trying to see?

If I'm wording this right:

1. I'm unable to see the button or option to click on to be able to go back to top of page without scrolling suppose to be located bottom right corner.

2. Unable to see Option to add to my "Watched Forums" list suppose to be located in bottom right corner.

These problems occurring on tablets, mobile phones, and possibly ??. I believe someone said they are working on trying to correct these situations.

Hmmm... I don't see that on my history. Have you been granted mod status by accident? LOL! I hope no one can see the posts we have reported in the past.

This is really weird. Screenshot of my History page. The arrow shows how the "Reported by [username]" appears (I have several throughout).

And the two with a green question mark are NOT threads I have ever followed ... I don't know how those may have gotten in there.

ETA: suddenly everything is taking a long time to post/download the pic/edit, etc

Just so you know, I cannot read what the "Reported by ___" says --- it does not actually open. It is just in my list of history.

Attachments

• 332117A6-D1EE-403D-BC36-CD9907EC1996.jpeg
    332117A6-D1EE-403D-BC36-CD9907EC1996.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I tried that a few times but it didn’t work. I noticed that while I was typing the post a quick pop up showed up saying it was saved. That could have been the problem. I know I’ve had that issue in the past on another forum but was able to go into drafts and erase it there.
I have a delete draft option also in the reply box

Attachments

• CDAE2F62-64ED-4463-B756-4B0CFD71E564.png
    CDAE2F62-64ED-4463-B756-4B0CFD71E564.png
    328.8 KB · Views: 22
This is really weird. Screenshot of my History page. The arrow shows how the "Reported by [username]" appears (I have several throughout).

And the two with a green question mark are NOT threads I have ever followed ... I don't know how those may have gotten in there.

ETA: suddenly everything is taking a long time to post/download the pic/edit, etc

Just so you know, I cannot read what the "Reported by ___" says --- it does not wctually open. It is just in my list of history.

Oh Spell! I have just realized I have a bunch of these too! It does not tell me who or what they are reporting, but does tell me that individual is reporting something.

Previously when I received a PM I got the body of the reply in email notification. Now it just tells me I got a reply. *not complaining just reporting*

If I'm wording this right:

1. I'm unable to see the button or option to click on to be able to go back to top of page without scrolling suppose to be located bottom right corner.

2. Unable to see Option to add to my "Watched Forums" list suppose to be located in bottom right corner.

These problems occurring on tablets, mobile phones, and possibly ??. I believe someone said they are working on trying to correct these situations.

1) Do you have an orange bar at the bottom of the page (Home> Forums> Forum Info. > Welcome to WS )with a small arrow pointing up?
--underneath that is another lighter orange bar; to the far right it says:
Contact Us - Help - Home - Top

--click the TOP and it should take you to the top of the page

----
2)
The only way I know to add to a Watched List is if you are at a thread you want, and at the top right of this main box is says "Watch Thread " or "Unwatch Thread" (or something like that)

Previously when I received a PM I got the body of the reply in email notification. Now it just tells me I got a reply. *not complaining just reporting*

I noticed that, too. I liked getting the whole thing in the email -- was sort of a preview and I could choose whether to rush over or wait until I had more time.

The "watch forum" option is actually in the upper right corner. But it will only appear when you view the entire sub-forum, not while viewing individual threads. It's in about the same place as the "watch thread" when you view a thread.

As an example-- try going to the missing persons discussion forum: Missing Persons Discussion
Now don't click on anything-- look at the top right corner and you should see "watch forum" under a "post new thread" button. It's on the same line as the top page numbers but opposite side of the screen. If you click on that it will follow all the threads made in the current missing persons discussion forum under your watched forums.

So, I'm reading these posts asking for tech help and I feel like I am either going to cry and never stop or I will gather up amazing strength and put on my geeky pants and shirt made of steel and go straight ahead and tackle these problems with a vengeance.

Crying is winning big time. LOL

As for as "reported posts" no one should see reported posts except Websleuths Management. Could someone people explain in one post what is going on and I'll see if I can stop crying long enough to help you fix it?

Tricia

How strange!

@Tricia could you please help us with this? Thank you.

I do not see any reported posts. I wonder if some have more permissions than others?

So, I'm reading these posts asking for tech help and I feel like I am either going to cry and never stop or I will gather up amazing strength and put on my geeky pants and shirt made of steel and go straight ahead and tackle these problems with a vengeance.

Crying is winning big time. LOL

As for as "reported posts" no one should see reported posts except Websleuths Management. Could someone people explain in one post what is going on and I'll see if I can stop crying long enough to help you fix it?

Tricia
Don’t cry! We are all figuring it out. The forum is awesome and you should be proud!

Don’t cry! We are all figuring it out. The forum is awesome and you should be proud!
This! We are all helping each other figure it out, no need to cry. You shouldn't have to answer all the questions here Tricia. I don't see any reported posts but Spellbound attached a screen shot above (I would link to the exact post with screen shot but I haven't figured out how to do that yet, lol).

I can’t see the reported stuff. Believe me I’ve tried. I’m so new and really don’t have very many threads show up on my history. Perhaps only those with a certain amount of threads see this. I don’t know. I bet it’s an easy fix. Now now Tricia, you dry those tears up.

I must admit I was terrified of the change, however I’ve just been having a good look around and it’s not so scary after all! Looks really good. I really missed you while you were down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0