Were TH and/or Kyron really at Skyline on Friday, June 4?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/21/oregon.missing.boy.letter/index.html?hpt=Sbin

CNN is also saying that cell phone pings possibly placed her elsewhere at 8:45AM for what it is worth...
Ok...
CNN gets its info from People that get its info from WW.

Note how the story morphs from a 3rd hand account of a rumor that there's an issue with her account of what she was doing that day to 'she may not have been at school at that time'.

If we assume for a minute that WW's 3rd hand sources are correct, it in NO way states she wasn't present at the school, just that her movements on that day are in question.

--------

WW has learned that federal, county and city law-enforcement officials say the reason for the search of Sauvie Island is that cell-phone records reveal Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, may have been on the island the day he disappeared.

And as searchers comb the island, law-enforcement officials say the investigation is increasingly focusing on the step-mother, because of problems with her account of what she was doing the day Kyron went missing.

This information comes from five separate law-enforcement officials from agencies at the city, county and federal level. To our knowledge, none is directly involved with the investigation.

But several said they’ve heard the same or similar accounts from multiple officials in the law-enforcement community.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

---->

Terri Moulton Horman has inconsistencies in her account of what she was doing the day the second-grader disappeared, Willamette Week reports.

She had initially told police she watched Kyron walk to his classroom on June 4 after the two attended a science fair at Skyline Elementary in Portland, Ore. But law enforcement sources, who are not directly involved with the investigation, tell the local newspaper that Horman's story does not match her cell phone records, which reportedly reveal she may have been on nearby Sauvie Island.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20395256,00.html

---->

The boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, said she last saw Kyron walking down the hallway towards his classroom at Skyline Elementary School, police said. Cell phone records indicate she may not have been at the school at that time, according to a report in People Magazine.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/21/oregon.missing.boy.letter/index.html?hpt=Sbin

:furious:

You have to wonder if this came from that original reporting source, but has been refined or misunderstood to morph into this specific time allegedly being questioned.

whoops, posted at the same time. GMTA and all that LOL

I did say "for what it is worth" when I posted the CNN link...I barely consider CNN/HLN to be news, personally...

I did say "for what it is worth" when I posted the CNN link...I barely consider CNN/HLN to be news, personally...

lol

I'm directing that at the media, btw, not you.

It seems each one took what was reported and added their own interpretation before passing it on. It's human nature and all that.

But it serves as a great example as to why I don't think WW's 3rd-hand sources who are not connected to the case necessarily have their story straight either.

Ok...
CNN gets its info from People that get its info from WW.

Note how the story morphs from a 3rd hand account of a rumor that there's an issue with her account of what she was doing that day to 'she may not have been at school at that time'.

If we assume for a minute that WW's 3rd hand sources are correct, it in NO way states she wasn't present at the school, just that her movements on that day are in question.

--------

WW has learned that federal, county and city law-enforcement officials say the reason for the search of Sauvie Island is that cell-phone records reveal Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, may have been on the island the day he disappeared.

And as searchers comb the island, law-enforcement officials say the investigation is increasingly focusing on the step-mother, because of problems with her account of what she was doing the day Kyron went missing.

This information comes from five separate law-enforcement officials from agencies at the city, county and federal level. To our knowledge, none is directly involved with the investigation.
But several said they’ve heard the same or similar accounts from multiple officials in the law-enforcement community.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

---->

Terri Moulton Horman has inconsistencies in her account of what she was doing the day the second-grader disappeared, Willamette Week reports.

She had initially told police she watched Kyron walk to his classroom on June 4 after the two attended a science fair at Skyline Elementary in Portland, Ore. But law enforcement sources, who are not directly involved with the investigation, tell the local newspaper that Horman's story does not match her cell phone records, which reportedly reveal she may have been on nearby Sauvie Island.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20395256,00.html

---->

The boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, said she last saw Kyron walking down the hallway towards his classroom at Skyline Elementary School, police said. Cell phone records indicate she may not have been at the school at that time, according to a report in People Magazine.

:furious:

To me, this part (red) is important. Whoever told the WW this information is NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH THE INVESTIGATION. Not directly involved = no first hand knowledge = RUMOR.

Do we have any information directly from LE that is actually involved in the investigation (mentioned in a PC or something) that says they are placing TH on SI based on her cell phone pings?

To me, this part (red) is important. Whoever told the WW this information is NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH THE INVESTIGATION. Not directly involved = no first hand knowledge = RUMOR.

Do we have any information directly from LE that is actually involved in the investigation (mentioned in a PC or something) that says they are placing TH on SI based on her cell phone pings?

Nope.

This was (at least) 3rd-hand hearsay from people not connected to the case. Who knows how far down the line this was passed before it landed in the lap of WW's 'sources'.

It's possible it could be true, but I'm taking with a grain of salt for now.

I'm going to have to figure out how to get a picture onto photobucket or where ever, but I saw another picture of the classroom with all of the exhibits set up. This picture has no kids in it, but does have someone to the far left. IMO, LE would have found this person and questioned them too. (at least I would hope that they did)

Recap. I put this together for one of the Q&A threads, so posting here since I already have it copied.

8:15 a.m. Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, arrives and sees Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

Cannot copy/paste quote from article due to reference to minor, but in this article, a classmate of Kyron's says Kyron was in school and stepmom left the school without him:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...te-noticed-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother

http://www.krem.com/news/northwest-news/Police-question-parents-at-missing-boys-school-95744984.html

LE (Gates) stated that both Kyron and Terri were at the school that morning in the Press conference June 18.

-2:20 We're hoping that because she was here at the time that Kyron disappeared and with him and I mean it's naturally she'd be with him, she brought him to school

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Briefing-on-new-Kyron-flier-with-stepmom-96685544.html

I think TH and Kyron were in school that day but I think that the timeline needs to be backed up.

My guess is that Zimmerman's account could probably be right on target. I have issues with Kyron's 7 year old friend stating that Kyron was in school for "at least an hour Friday morning." He's 7, I don't think his concept of time is that precise at his age.

So I think TH was spotted at 8:15 but I also think that gives her plenty of time to get to SI and be pinging out there by 8:45.

In the last picture of Kyrons project the one where he is not in it.(in the Pictures and Poems, and Prayers Thread)
See the Flash back reflection on the board in Kyrons project could TH had her hair up in a bun this picture looks like the person who took the picture has short hair.

I think TH and Kyron were in school that day but I think that the timeline needs to be backed up.

My guess is that Zimmerman's account could probably be right on target. I have issues with Kyron's 7 year old friend stating that Kyron was in school for "at least an hour Friday morning." He's 7, I don't think his concept of time is that precise at his age.

So I think TH was spotted at 8:15 but I also think that gives her plenty of time to get to SI and be pinging out there by 8:45.

I don't think that was a direct quote from the child. IMO, the reporter took T's account (that kyron was noted to be missing upon return of the groups from the tour) and the known fact of the times the tours were to have taken place (dividing into groups ~ 8:45 and returning to start regular classes by 10) and made that deduction on his own.

CNN is also saying that cell phone pings possibly placed her elsewhere at 8:45AM for what it is worth...

All of the links are leading to articles which say "according to People Magazine" and People magazine seems to have leaned heavily on WW for its source........

so technically, CNN is NOT saying SM's pings were not at the school. CNN is saying People mag says the pings were elsewhere.

Just don't want others to read these other links and think they are confirming the allegation made by PM.....they're just repeating!

All of the links are leading to articles which say "according to People Magazine" and People magazine seems to have leaned heavily on WW for its source........

so technically, CNN is NOT saying SM's pings were not at the school. CNN is saying People mag says the pings were elsewhere.

Just don't want others to read these other links and think they are confirming the allegation made by PM.....they're just repeating!

They aren't even repeating. As I posted above, this is morphing into something entirely different from what the original (WW) article stated.

Good morning and thanks for the thoughtful responses. I followed the discussion as long as I could, but I'm on EDT and am usually ready for night-night when the evening is still young on the west coast :D

Very late last night, I read a comment somewhere at WS about Kyron's father saying that the boy "was dropped off at school". If someone has the link, please post it. TIA.

I'm curious: Was this the norm? Was Kyron usually "dropped off" by a parent in the morning but rode the bus home? Being "dropped off" isn't the same as having SM help Kyron carry his science project into the school, help him set it up, and take a picture of him with the tree frog display. Since TH was a SAHM with a baby, maybe it was easier and more efficient to drive Kyron to school most mornings rather than rush to have him at the bus stop for earlier pick-up. I'm just wondering if the morning of June 4 was the same as most mornings or was it different due to the science fair? jmo

Good morning and thanks for the thoughtful responses. I followed the discussion as long as I could, but I'm on EDT and am usually ready for night-night when the evening is still young on the west coast :D

Very late last night, I read a comment somewhere at WS about Kyron's father saying that the boy "was dropped off at school". If someone has the link, please post it. TIA.

I'm curious: Was this the norm? Was Kyron usually "dropped off" by a parent in the morning but rode the bus home? Being "dropped off" isn't the same as having SM help Kyron carry his science project into the school, help him set it up, and take a picture of him with the tree frog display. Since TH was a SAHM with a baby, maybe it was easier and more efficient to drive Kyron to school most mornings rather than rush to have him at the bus stop for earlier pick-up. I'm just wondering if the morning of June 4 was the same as most mornings or was it different due to the science fair? jmo
The "dropped off" remark was made in KH's "work" email that he sent that Sunday.

But your post triggered something - what if Kyron WAS dropped off (by maybe KH) and TH showed up later (or not at all)?

The link for KH's email should be in the media thread.

Recap. I put this together for one of the Q&A threads, so posting here since I already have it copied.

8:15 a.m. Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, arrives and sees Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

TP says Kyron was in school for at least an hour Friday morning and that he saw Kyron's step-mother leave the school without Kyron.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...te-noticed-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother

http://www.krem.com/news/northwest-news/Police-question-parents-at-missing-boys-school-95744984.html

LE (Gates) stated that both Kyron and Terri were at the school that morning in the Press conference June 18.

-2:20 We're hoping that because she was here at the time that Kyron disappeared and with him and I mean it's naturally she'd be with him, she brought him to school

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Briefing-on-new-Kyron-flier-with-stepmom-96685544.html

I would toss out the superintendent's account. He wasn't there. We don't know where he got the information that two teachers saw Kyron with Terri - might not have been from the teachers themselves. By the way, that information (2 teachers saw Kyron with Terri) is not on some of the timelines anymore.

Also, police asked the classmate not to talk to the media, yet he did anyway. The classmate also claims to be Kyron's "best friend" - that hasn't even been confirmed. I seriously doubt it. How does he know how long he was in school for - he's seven years old. "At least an hour?" Also, I find it a little interesting that the classmate claims not only to have seen Terri leave, but also to have seen Kyron running around, AND also to have overheard the teachers talking ABOUT Kyron. Not saying it's not possible, but ... that's a lot of noticing. To sum up: I am unsure that the classmate (TP) is reliable.

Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
Do NOT mention minors other than Kyron. Not his classmates, his family or any other minor in the whole wide world. You can link to a major news media site and discuss what is written on the site, but do not copy over the minor's name or pictures to this forum.

They are kids!!! Respect that. I have zero tolerance when it comes to minors. Please know that.
BUMPING UP!!!! This is serious business here! I'll use the ray gun on this one without blinking an eye.

Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WHY do I continue to see minor's names mentioned even though we have continually warned?

? Being "dropped off" isn't the same as having SM help Kyron carry his science project into the school, help him set it up, and take a picture of him with the tree frog display. Since TH was a SAHM with a baby, maybe it was easier and more efficient to drive Kyron to school most mornings rather than rush to have him at the bus stop for earlier pick-up. I'm just wondering if the morning of June 4 was the same as most mornings or was it different due to the science fair? jmo

Terri has NEVER publicly claimed to drop off the science project on June 4. Never, never, never. The early articles all said that she went to school with Kyron that morning to SEE his tree frog project. A lot of people made the assumption that she brought it in with her that morning.

The fact that at 8:15, when she snapped the photos of Kyron in front of his project, there were a whole bunch of other projects already set up (and the room was practically empty), suggests to me that the exhibits were set up at least day before.

I throughly disregard any news outlet that uses the fall back words of "may have been." I could say donkeys "may have been" flying over the top of my house this morning if I wanted to say it. It is ridiculous and is a way of really not saying anything definite.

"She had initially told police she watched Kyron walk to his classroom on June 4 after the two attended a science fair at Skyline Elementary in Portland, Ore. But law enforcement sources, who are not directly involved with the investigation, tell the local newspaper that Horman's story does not match her cell phone records, which reportedly reveal she MAY HAVE BEEN on nearby Sauvie Island." :innocent:

Are we discussing Teri's FACEBOOK which is private? Or linking photos? STOP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COSMO58
Back