Were TH and/or Kyron really at Skyline on Friday, June 4?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:::snipped:::

Also, police asked the classmate not to talk to the media, yet he did anyway. The classmate also claims to be Kyron's "best friend" - that hasn't even been confirmed. I seriously doubt it. How does he know how long he was in school for - he's seven years old. "At least an hour?" Also, I find it a little interesting that the classmate claims not only to have seen Terri leave, but also to have seen Kyron running around, AND also to have overheard the teachers talking ABOUT Kyron. Not saying it's not possible, but ... that's a lot of noticing. To sum up: I am unsure that the classmate is reliable.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmm hadn't thought of any of that, but I had wondered how this child could be his desk mate, yet not say or notice that Kyron wasn't there till desk mate didn't see him on the bus. No idea if the class had a no tattling rule, but that would explain why, if any of the other kids had also heard, none of them saying anything to the teacher when Kyron wasn't seen the rest of the day.

The whole article is off, MOO. I don't buy a teacher being told that Kyron wasn't there, teacher says that he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink, even after he didn't show up again within a few minutes she still marks him absent, instead of having an internal search done? She didn't remember what she said, or it wasn't what had really happened? :waitasec:

They aren't even repeating. As I posted above, this is morphing into something entirely different from what the original (WW) article stated.

I think I've lost track of the full Whisper Down the Lane. How close is this?

CNN says that People says that Willamette Week says that the WW blogger/reporter says that he talked to some LEOs who don't work on the case who said that other LE officials (unknown if they work on the case or not) said...

God I don't even remember wth they said... :waitasec:

I think I've lost track of the full Whisper Down the Lane. How close is this?

CNN says that People says that Willamette Week says that the WW blogger/reporter says that he talked to some LEOs who don't work on the case who said that other LE officials (unknown if they work on the case or not) said...

God I don't even remember wth they said... :waitasec:
"NO COMMENT"

I think that' what they said. :crazy:

I have a question and apologize if this is not the correct thread for it but it ocurred to me laying in bed last night as a storm rolled in around 2:30 am. Was trying to fall back asleep and then it hit me. I have never seen it reported or discussed in all these threads.

Where was TH's baby while she and Kyron were at school, and if those who suspect foul play on her part are correct - where was baby while that was taking place? Did anyone ever determine one way or the other, was Kaine off work or working at home?

TYIA

It just never struck me to wonder til now, where was the baby?

I would toss out the superintendent's account. He wasn't there. We don't know where he got the information that two teachers saw Kyron with Terri - might not have been from the teachers themselves. By the way, that information (2 teachers saw Kyron with Terri) is not on some of the timelines anymore.

Also, police asked the classmate not to talk to the media, yet he did anyway. The classmate also claims to be Kyron's "best friend" - that hasn't even been confirmed. I seriously doubt it. How does he know how long he was in school for - he's seven years old. "At least an hour?" Also, I find it a little interesting that the classmate claims not only to have seen Terri leave, but also to have seen Kyron running around, AND also to have overheard the teachers talking ABOUT Kyron. Not saying it's not possible, but ... that's a lot of noticing. To sum up: I am unsure that the classmate (TP) is reliable.

Just wanted to add that the whole sentence in that one article about the two teachers reads, "Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together."
http://www.krem.com/news/northwest-news/Police-question-parents-at-missing-boys-school-95744984.html

Good morning and thanks for the thoughtful responses. I followed the discussion as long as I could, but I'm on EDT and am usually ready for night-night when the evening is still young on the west coast :D

Very late last night, I read a comment somewhere at WS about Kyron's father saying that the boy "was dropped off at school". If someone has the link, please post it. TIA.

I'm curious: Was this the norm? Was Kyron usually "dropped off" by a parent in the morning but rode the bus home? Being "dropped off" isn't the same as having SM help Kyron carry his science project into the school, help him set it up, and take a picture of him with the tree frog display. Since TH was a SAHM with a baby, maybe it was easier and more efficient to drive Kyron to school most mornings rather than rush to have him at the bus stop for earlier pick-up. I'm just wondering if the morning of June 4 was the same as most mornings or was it different due to the science fair? jmo

Here's the link:

http://ackerlaw.com/posts/2010/06/07/missing_child__kyron_horman_7

It appears to be an email from Kyron's biodad.

He was dropped off at school about 8:45 and went missing sometime between then and 9 or 9:30am.

About the only fact to emerge from all this is that there appears to be searching going on on said island.

As to statements from people who were at the school, I imagine we aren't getting more details because most people would follow the advice of LE and not repeat what they said to LE in public. Why tell ANY potential POI what to be prepared for? I don't think any witness statements have been "retracted" by LE. The errant speakers might have been encouraged to not keep talking, though.

Here's the link:

http://ackerlaw.com/posts/2010/06/07/missing_child__kyron_horman_7

It appears to be an email from Kyron's biodad.

He was dropped off at school about 8:45 and went missing sometime between then and 9 or 9:30am.

FWIW, I've said "dropped off" whether I kicked the kids to the curb as I sped past the school* or took them inside for whatever reason. I'm not taking his comment to mean she wasn't in the school as was reported.

*NO, I didn't really toss my kids out as I sped past the school.

I slowed down.

:::snipped:::

Also, police asked the classmate not to talk to the media, yet he did anyway. The classmate also claims to be Kyron's "best friend" - that hasn't even been confirmed. I seriously doubt it. How does he know how long he was in school for - he's seven years old. "At least an hour?" Also, I find it a little interesting that the classmate claims not only to have seen Terri leave, but also to have seen Kyron running around, AND also to have overheard the teachers talking ABOUT Kyron. Not saying it's not possible, but ... that's a lot of noticing. To sum up: I am unsure that the classmate is reliable.

Hmmmmmmm hadn't thought of any of that, but I had wondered how this child could be his desk mate, yet not say or notice that Kyron wasn't there till desk mate didn't see him on the bus. No idea if the class had a no tattling rule, but that would explain why, if any of the other kids had also heard, none of them saying anything to the teacher when Kyron wasn't seen the rest of the day.

The whole article is off, MOO. I don't buy a teacher being told that Kyron wasn't there, teacher says that he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink, even after he didn't show up again within a few minutes she still marks him absent, instead of having an internal search done? She didn't remember what she said, or it wasn't what had really happened? :waitasec:

Not that it makes a difference but TP is 8 years old, according to the video with his grandmother.

I really don't see any need for any children to tattle about Kyron not being there. His desk was empty for the rest of the day and IMO a child could make a reasonable assumption that the teacher noticed it without anybody telling her. They usually do, it's their job to keep track of the kids, and if the adults had talked about Kyron being gone the child would know that they already noticed it.

Until/unless something different comes out, I'm thinking TH and Kyron were at the school that day. Chances are, if anything had happened the night before or early morning, KH would know and then he would also be right in the middle of this. I don't see anyone going down for something like this and not taking the other person down too. MOO

I wonder how he knows when Kyron went missing. I really find this email odd. I can't even understand why it was sent out to this attorney.

The law firm represents corporate interests, could be the attorney was on the list of company employees this was sent. As far as the timeline, he may have been going by reports of people seeing kyron early that morning (and what LE was telling us early on, too).

FWIW, I've said "dropped off" whether I kicked the kids to the curb as I sped past the school* or took them inside for whatever reason. I'm not taking his comment to mean she wasn't in the school as was reported.

Oh I'm the same way. 'Dropped off' means I left the person(s) there, whether I was there for a period of time or just cruised up to the curb.

In the picture Terri took of Kyron and his project there is a little girl with
dark hair in the back of the room. Also it looks like an adult in a plaid shirt
could be standing next to her.
Do we know whether this child and adult have been questioned as to when the
picture was taken or what they may have noticed regarding Kyron?

The law firm represents corporate interests, could be the attorney was on the list of company employees this was sent. As far as the timeline, he may have been going by reports of people seeing kyron early that morning (and what LE was telling us early on, too).

Or the spouse or friend of a co-worker of the dad's might work at the lawfirm. These e-mails can get circulated quite quickly to contact lists.

I wonder how he knows when Kyron went missing. I really find this email odd. I can't even understand why it was sent out to this attorney.

I'd imagine by June 7 he'd had quite a few talks with quite a few LE, school personnel, parents, his wife, etc etc etc and had some idea of timeframe as it was known at that time.

Any emails I may have sent if my son'd gone missing for an extended time when he was young would have been extraordinarily odd. When he went missing for about 10 minutes, all I could do was run around all over the apartment complex where he'd gone missing screaming mindlessly. I was a treat :)

In the picture Terri took of Kyron and his project there is a little girl with
dark hair in the back of the room. Also it looks like an adult in a plaid shirt
could be standing next to her.
Do we know whether this child and adult have been questioned as to when the
picture was taken or what they may have noticed regarding Kyron?

No. LE haven't released any info about who've they've questioned (except to say all students have been interviewed) or the results of those interviews.

I'd imagine by June 7 he'd had quite a few talks with quite a few LE, school personnel, parents, his wife, etc etc etc and had some idea of timeframe as it was known at that time.

Any emails I may have sent if my son'd gone missing for an extended time when he was young would have been extraordinarily odd. When he went missing for about 10 minutes, all I could do was run around all over the apartment complex where he'd gone missing screaming mindlessly. I was a treat :)

I didn't mean the text of the email was odd. I meant I don't understand why he sent it to Acker and Associates, a two-attorney-and-a-paralegal office. He mentioned Intel legal department, but that's not Acker and Associates. That's in-house and deals with all kinds of things, including international anti-trust cases, and I can't for the life of me think what Intel's in-house counsel would do for him. But it doesn't seem like Acker and Associates could represent him, if they're posting his email on their website. Mainly, I found it odd because there didn't seem to be any clear reason to send it.

Can we get a link to the one you're referring to? Just want to make sure it's the same one I think it is. Thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back