WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but they are classified as "excepted" which means they do not get paid anything for overtime.

Exactly - I wasn't very clear. The point I was trying to make was that they are seriously underpaid compared to defense attorneys.

I hope the news of finger prints or Casey's DNA on the tape will act as a slap in the face to Casey and wake her up enough to tell the truth about Caylee's death.
jmo

Sooooo what happened KC? The nanny held your hands on the duct tape and made you put it on poor Caylee's face?

How will she ever make up a lie about this one that her parents will buy? Me thinks she's sunk...:bang:

What's this about a toxic substance in Caylee's mouth in the lab results?

'Ladies and gentlemen of the jury... 31 days... fingerprints on duct tape. I rest my case.'

I think that would pretty much do it. But am sure they'll have a whole lot more. :)

I hope and pray it's that simple. BTW, my six year old son was just in here with me and he saw your avatar, and he could not figure out how it was a girl's face. He thought it was a skeleton! Don't know how he got that... :rolleyes:

I wonder if JB even once advised her to plea.
I would like to believe that he has, most good attorney's would have beaten down that door by now. JB seems to be out to make a name for himself and I don't really see him acting for his client, that's just my opinion though.

So basically most murders are considered premeditated then, if it only takes a second to think and then act. If you're in a bar holding a beer bottle and someone pizzes you off, you hit them over the head and kill them -- well, that's premeditated too? Just like if a child makes you so angry you tape their mouth and they die... I wonder ...

IDK but I guess it goes to intent. If you formed an opinion in an instant to kill then that's premeditated??? Rather than you lashed out, the victim died but there was no formed intent to kill the person? I am not an expert and I don't play one in real life.

Exactly - I wasn't very clear. The point I was trying to make was that they are seriously underpaid compared to defense attorneys.
I certainly agree with that! They are seriously underpaid compared to private lawyers who do civil trial work too.

The victim being under the age of 12 is an aggravating factor under FL law and may be enough in and of itself to raise this to a murder 1 charge. Maybe not enough to ensure dp, but m1, very possible.

Ok, yes. It takes time to deal with duct tape. I agree. Using that material, in and of itself, would have to then constitute premeditation. Even if she grabbed it from the back seat and quickly wrapped it around it takes enough time to understand what you are doing. Coke to you.

Pardon all my questions -- your exchange has been very enlightening for me! Would the State have to prove that KC intended to kill Caylee with the duct tape? Or is the act of putting duct tape on a child's mouth horrible/dangerous enough that it is assumed that the intent is to kill?

(I "absolutely" believe KC meant to kill Caylee -- just wondering how the state may prove it). Thanks so much for your insight.

But the original question posed by Eulalie was if Caylee's mouth was duct taped while she was alive would that go more to premeditation or not. I think not but am really curious about what others think.
If she was alive while it happened? Yes, absolutely. One could say she was simply trying to shut her up but the computer searches coupled with that point to something much more sinister.

IDK but I guess it goes to intent. If you formed an opinion in an instant to kill then that's premeditated??? Rather than you lashed out, the victim died but there was no formed intent to kill the person? I am not an expert and I don't play one in real life.

Well I'm grateful. There are plenty of experts but very few cyberborgs. :)

About JB going to the hospital - I'd bet and ulcer. I can't imagine dealing with a needy personality every...single...day and every time I went to see my client when I got ready to leave she said "you are coming tomorrow, right" or "when you come tomorrow" or "would you ask my parents such and such and tell me what they said tomorrow" . I know JB signed up for this but all day at office and jail every night must add up to a heck of a lot of stress

So basically most murders are considered premeditated then, if it only takes a second to think and then act. If you're in a bar holding a beer bottle and someone pizzes you off, you hit them over the head and kill them -- well, that's premeditated too? Just like if a child makes you so angry you tape their mouth and they die... I wonder ...
If a person forms an intent TO DO AN ACT (like hitting somebody on the head with a beer bottle) and a reasonable person would know that act is likely to cause injury and that injury results from that act, then the ACT is premeditated. It doesn't matter whether the person intended to do a little bit of injury or kill the victim, it is the intent to do the act that is the focus in a question of premeditation. Another example: if a person (angry or not) intends to hit someone over the head with a beer bottle (and only intended to raise a bump on the noggin) but it results in death, then the offense is premeditated murder. The person doesn't have to intend the full consequences -- just the act.

OH MY!!!
Looks like someone forgot her gloves

this explains Baez's tummy problems too, maybe......
It's impossible to use tape with gloves on. I tried to, with my handyman work at home. I always had to remove my gloves. Casey's going down!

I was just purely speculating about what else could be found on the duct tape -- I'm sorry for the confusion!
Thanks so much for the clarification. I thought I'd missed something and couldn't find it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann