MISTRIAL Wesley Hadsell charged with murdering adopted stepdaughter, A.J. Hadsell #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ontario Mom

stay safe ♥ be kind
Reaction score
The murder trial begins today for Wesley Hadsell, the man accused of killing his stepdaughter in 2015. We will have updates from the courtroom throughout the day. #13NewsNow
Meghan Puryear 13News Now on Twitter

Wondering, will there be a dedicated thread for his trial, or will it just remain here in this thread?

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been quite some time since I really went digging around on AJ's case, so today I did, and found this:

Hadsell's charges

Code Section: 18.2-32
Charge: FIRST DEGREE MURDER – class 2 felony

Code Section: 18.2-33
Charge: MURDER: NON CAPITAL FELONY – class 3 felony

Code Section: 18.2-323.02
Charge: CONCEAL DEAD BODY – class 6 felony

Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System

The trial is supposed to start on 02/24 and expected to last 2 weeks. His attorney is James Ellenson https://www.jamesellenson.com/ (for those who like to look at the background/experience of counsel) and listed as the date of offense for all 3 charges is 03/02/15. The exact day AJ went missing.

It's weird to think it's been 5 years. I can only imagine for those who were closest to AJ and those who loved her the most, it feels like time stood still the day she disappeared. They've all grown up, graduated, got on as life tends to do whether you want it to or not, and yet Anjelica will forever be just 18. I know for those of you who were here then, and followed, researched, and put your lives on hold to be there for AJ, we all wish this trial would have happened years ago. Let's hope when it's all over, we finally see justice for AJ.
I teach in the high school she attended and many have NEVER forgotten A.J. and am hoping this trail will finally bring justice for her.

Jury selected Monday in Wesley Hadsell murder trial in Southampton County
This is the only news article I could find. Jury of 12, plus 2 alternates selected. Opening statements begin at 9:30 tomorrow morning.
I reported this post and asked for a TRIAL THREAD, Hopefully a mod will see the report and open a new thread for the trial. JUSTICE FOR AJ....
engel017.gif

Sure does seem like a major lack of interest in seeing justice for AJ. :(

I am so surprised at the lack of media coverage too. Hoping we get one or two trial tweeters now that jury selection is done. My stomach is nervous thinking of what the defense is going to try to go with in their opening statements ...

I am so surprised at the lack of media coverage too. Hoping we get one or two trial tweeters now that jury selection is done. My stomach is nervous thinking of what the defense is going to try to go with in their opening statements ...

I hear ya. My blood pressure might spike if Wesley tries to claim she came over and stole some heroin, and then she accidentally OD'd so he buried her because he is such a loving father...
nono.gif

I wouldn't put it past him to try and sell such a BS story. He is shameless.
angry7.gif

From yesterday, a Virginian Pilot reporter. May be one to watch for tweeting today:

Jonathan Edwards
@VPjedwards

·
18h

I'm down here in Courtland in Southampton County covering the murder trial of Wes Hadsell, who's accused of killing his daughter AJ Hadsell

"Judge Farmer said the trial will get started in earnest tomorrow morning with opening statements."
Twitter

Jury selected Monday in Wesley Hadsell murder trial in Southampton County

“I think the judge vetted them real well. I think that they’re all going to be impartial and the ones that did seem to know about the case didn’t seem to know specific facts that would necessarily turn around and come and bite us later on during the trial,” (WH lawyer) Ellenson said.

The trial continues Tuesday morning at 9:30 a.m. EST with opening statements and is scheduled to last two full weeks.

Trial continues for accused murderer Wesley Hadsell

Opening statements from the prosecutor and the defense wrapped up just before 11 a.m., Tuesday. The prosecutor said Hadsell planned to murder AJ, then left her body in a ditch. The prosecutor said there were many inconsistencies in Wesley‘s story.

Prosecutors said Hadsell took her cell phone and pretended to be her after she went missing and planted evidence to throw off investigators. The prosecutor said AJ had a bright future and was doing well in school. She was a good kid.

The defense says Wesley is not guilty. They read several emotional poems from AJ‘s journal, showed text messages she sent to her boyfriend that she was having problems with and showed images of a video where she had referenced suicide the day before she went missing.

Defense said AJ was suffering from headaches and was given anti-depressants. Prosecutors are now calling Detective Benjamin to the stand as their first witness.

I'd be happy to set up a dedicated Trial thread if you all want one - I'm not that familiar with the rules of trial threads - followed Sievers and McStay a bit so I don't know how much discussion is allowed within the thread.

May I also express my sincere condolences to her father - this must be absolutely awful for you. And he looks like an evil devil - reminds me of Randall Pruitt and we know what he did to his stepdaughter.
JMO

Trial continues for accused murderer Wesley Hadsell

Opening statements from the prosecutor and the defense wrapped up just before 11 a.m., Tuesday. The prosecutor said Hadsell planned to murder AJ, then left her body in a ditch. The prosecutor said there were many inconsistencies in Wesley‘s story.

Prosecutors said Hadsell took her cell phone and pretended to be her after she went missing and planted evidence to throw off investigators. The prosecutor said AJ had a bright future and was doing well in school. She was a good kid.

The defense says Wesley is not guilty. They read several emotional poems from AJ‘s journal, showed text messages she sent to her boyfriend that she was having problems with and showed images of a video where she had referenced suicide the day before she went missing.

Defense said AJ was suffering from headaches and was given anti-depressants. Prosecutors are now calling Detective Benjamin to the stand as their first witness.

All the texts that afternoon/evening to both mom and to WH.
Then her jacket stuffed in the kid's couch, and her clothes on the side of the road.

These are the ones we know about, but I wonder how much more crap he did that we never did know about?
Boy I wish someone were actually IN the court, live-tweeting or something. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member