• No, I still believe Lee is/was on Casey's side

Votes: 378 54.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 107 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have from day 1 believed the Anthony family were cooperating with the police (all except KC)I said along time ago that CA<GA<and Lee would do right by Caylee.If there is a trial I believe they all will testify truthfully even if it helps to convict KC.Lee was just trying to get the truth from KC, he hid nothing either did GA and Cindy.Lying to the media means nothing as long as the were truthful to LE.I believe the lawyers saying the Anthony's might be charged was just so KC would believe they were on her side. jmo

I think Lee is human. One minute he loves and wants to protect his sister, the next minute he hates her for murdering the neice that he loved. I think the dog issue was about what he felt was a personal attack on his parents by the protestors, and it angered him to see what they were having to go through. It didn't have anything to do with whether or not he thought KC was innocent, it hurt him to see what they were doing to his parents. His world is forever changed, and full of if's ands why's and but's that may never be explained. I feel sorry for him.

Well put, and I agree with you completely. Especially when you say "it didn't have anything to do with whether or not he thought KC was innocent."

Every single thing a person does is not balck and white. I mean, there isn't one cause and one single cause only for every action a person makes. People are complex and have complex feelings and motivations, especially during an emotional time like one such as the A's have been through. I don't and haven't ever understood why, for example, Lee's actions toward protestors = he's covering for KC or thinks she's innocent, etc. . . . I don't get it. I mean, he could want KC to fry and still not want protestors at his parents house. :waitasec:

I never have understood the idea that things in life are alwayscompletely black or completely white. Don't get that kind of thinking. Just me maybe. JMHO

I have always identified with Lee as the sane child in a crazy family, always cleaning up messes, calming people down, always knowing the truth when others believed the most outrageous lies, protecting his parents, trying to keep his sister from nutting up and doing something awful, then furious at her for tearing his family to pieces and killing his niece. I could be wrong. I could just be overidentifying.

I have not changed my opinion. It was formed as the events leading up to now unfolded. I think LA has / had his own way of manipulating people. In Oct when he said to AD, basically, if you know anything, tell le, don't try to protect kc ... etc, he was prying for information - his own investigation, you know trying to find out what she would say to le. If he didn't speak in such a way that you feel he is trying to hide something, you may be able to take him at face value. I still think there was something incriminating on the computer. I can't imagine what it was.

I certainly hope the "Junk Science" from the FBI lab is enough to satisfy even the best sleuthers doubts.

All moo, and speculation.

True, people are forgetting his attempt to erase her hard drive at Tony's

Voted I don't know........

I have thought in the beginning he was truly doing his detective work to follow up on Casey's version of events and people in order to find Caylee.

But, I was confused by his asking her who he was/was not to trust? Since it was those who knew her best and longest I wondered what it was about that that didn't ring the good detective's alarm bells right off!

But he did tell Casey right away, that the truth will come out sooner rather than later and she best tell it now and get it over with-in their first phone call after her first arrest.

Some of his public statements didn't jibe with what really occurred between them during visits.........I have tried to reserve judgement because from one day to the next I couldn't tell if he was on the side of Caylee all the way.

And, I was disturbed by his memorial to Caylee. Unless I just totally misunderstood him (I'm not alone here on this, right??) in which case I would feel completely awful for misinterpreting his message!

I do think he is protective of his entire family, which is admirable and is weighing on him tremendously.

I think he is torn between justice for Caylee and what that may mean for his sister AND his parents........

I never did think for a minute he was Caylee's bio-dad, nor would I believe for a minute that he ever tried to lay a hand on Casey. (I would never believe a word out of her mouth against any one in her family! IMO, she will throw any one of them under if she has to in order to get off her charges!)

I have from day 1 believed the Anthony family were cooperating with the police (all except KC)I said along time ago that CA<GA<and Lee would do right by Caylee.If there is a trial I believe they all will testify truthfully even if it helps to convict KC.Lee was just trying to get the truth from KC, he hid nothing either did GA and Cindy.Lying to the media means nothing as long as the were truthful to LE.I believe the lawyers saying the Anthony's might be charged was just so KC would believe they were on her side. jmo
If so, why the need for immunity???

I always hoped that Lee would be the normal one. I still hope that he will be the one person who helps seek justice for Caylee.

No. I have no reason to change my opinion of Lee. Why?! Because he told Annie to look out for herself?! LOL Who knows what his motives were for that one?!

I'm very happy that he's not Caylee's dad -- I must admit, my mind wandered there a couple times. With all the twists and turns in this case, I wouldn't have been surprised.

I so wanna think that he's working as a "double agent" for LE, and there's even some evidence that he might be, but I can't get past the "code speak" in the jail interviews and at Caylee's memorial service. Or her laptop being cleaned, or why he might need immunity.

IMO, the jury's still out on Lee, although, with the comment Annie said he made about "don't protect Casey", he's looking a little more innocent today than he did yesterday.

I agree with you since the beginning I have felt they all were conning her.

But how does that explain CA giving the wrong hairbrush, or wanting to give the wrong toothbrush to LE when they asked so they could get a sample of Caylee's DNA??

GA, imo just goes along with the flow but not without remorse or guilt. (he was unable to look directly into LK's eyes when answering Q's, like the smell of decomp turning into just rotten pizza)

Maybe the suicide attempt was a direct result of the pressure he's on to publicly defend his daughter along side his wife, despite his conscience?

LA seems to be on the side of his family, all the way and no matter the consequence. Or else why tell them NOT to do a poly, or give his DNA etc etc

I'd like to know what was in the letter marked "Lee" that was handed over to LE anonymously (in doc dump). At first, I thought it might have been the letter Casey wrote him from jail...but why would that have been labeled "anonymous"? I have a couple of theories, but I'd rater know what was in the letter (envelope).

Oh, I saw that too and it seemed it got skimmed over. Please tell me your theory. I am totally flummoxed by it.

Yes, I guess I have. It was so hard to tell when he was interviewed or shown in the jail tapes, esp the high 5 to sis, but maybe he was playing Casey. Maybe all the anger we have seen has been because of the intense anger he has for Casey & the pain the family is going thru. I was also very glad to see he is NOT the father of Caylee. So, to Lee, I am sorry.

I admit I'm waffling, but I'm still voting that he is trying to protect his sister. Why? Well, look at his parents. The whole family is determined, it seems, to prove to us that she is "mother of the year." Before anyone gets too far into the "LA is such a great guy" camp, try to remember the triumphant brother/sister high-five. Yeah, I'm still torqued over that one.

Nope this doesn't change my mind a bit. He's an A after all. He IMO was hoping Annie would say something to get herself in big fat trouble. JMO.

I am still unsure about Lee. This may not be exactly accurate- it's as close as I remember it.

Pros- moo
Made a list of receipts and gave them to LE.
Told LE about Cindy pocketing the cash found in Casey's wallet.
Told LE about Casey's *maybe I'm a spiteful bit*h* comment.
Told LE about Casey comment *something should have been done to stop her a long time ago.
Telling Annie to tell the truth.

Cons- moo
High five w/ Casey.
Laughter during LE interview when discussing smell in Casey's car. (this made me really uncomfortable)

Again, my own opinion. I'll wait for more information to be released.

Heck no!! Hinky is as hinky does!
From the first call home from jail, I thought Lee was the one who could see through her BS. But, he IMO destroyed evidence, (blue screen) aided and enabled Casey in her "us against them" game with LE. At some point, Caylee should have been the main focus here. The fact that he kept trying to figure her out tells me he knew his niece was dead. Tells me he went out of his way to fabricate emails from Thomas Franck and the Eastern Division agent for Universal.events. com.
Since I do not know how Universal Ventures fits in with Casey's event planning, I must rely on witness statements. Lee's roommate sensed Casey was lying about her job with Universal Studios, but noted that noone questioned her about it.
I do think Lee was called upon to be the fixer in the family. Lee, come check on your mom. Lee, come take care of these protesters. He was caught in the middle.
BUT
I think Lee has had plenty of opportunity to be forthcoming with LE.
I think Lee is now very afraid.
I wish someone in this family had thought of Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210