What case really burns your butt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh man! Maura Murray drives me insane because I feel like maybe all the evidence is there... One that everyone should look into and it's still unsolved and it's 31 years old is the disappearance of Charles Horvath! That case is 31 years old and his mom has been searching for him/answers from day one it's in Canada where it happened, but no one has came forward at all to help her solve it. The RMCP treated the case wrong from day one. So heart breaking..

I am convinced that really smart detectives and good detective work would have solved many of these cases early on: After watching so many true crime shows I am amazed at some of the poor detective work in these cases: the tunnel vision is astounding (for example if the death was particularly brutal the cops say it has to be someone she knows, that it was personal. That is not always true--or always looking at the significant other at the exclusion of all others: I just get angry and it burns my butt to know that a good investigation could have revealed at least some of these killers (not all of course, but some). I can see why some of these cases go totally cold and I hate that so many of them remain unsolved.

West Memphis Three - Stevie, Michael and Christopher. My heart is completely broken over that case, I have a son of a similar age to the victims.

Closer to home, the abduction and murder of James Bulger in Bootle, England. It happened in my home city, my dad was a police officer at the time. I was 10 years old and I remember sitting in the school playground with my friends, crying our eyes out. For many of us it was the first time we realised that evil existed.

I thought one of the dads did it? I know they no longer have proof but I believe it was Christopher's mom who also died a few years later?

Hi Sleuths! Been lurking for a long time and have just recently decided to sign in. So I hope I don't do anything wrong!

I can't decide which one of these five burns my butt more:

JonBenet Ramsey
Delphi murders
Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon
Madeleine McCann
Xavier Dupont de Ligonnes

And special mention to a case I think is not in this forum but has been in my head ever since it happened (and still is), the Alcasser murders (Spain 1992).

Older cases involving missing children (10-15) that were categorized as runaways when they had no visible means of support and took nothing with them.
Missing or murdered women who's ex or husband was the last person to see them, claiming "they ran off with another guy"

These 'other guys' must be a roving bunch of Rockefellers that deal in cash only and have the hots for abused women

Hi Sleuths! Been lurking for a long time and have just recently decided to sign in. So I hope I don't do anything wrong!

I can't decide which one of these five burns my butt more:

JonBenet Ramsey
Delphi murders
Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon
Madeleine McCann
Xavier Dupont de Ligonnes

And special mention to a case I think is not in this forum but has been in my head ever since it happened (and still is), the Alcasser murders (Spain 1992).

oh man do you remember when they thought they caught Xavier a few years ago, going into Scotland I believe? i had gotten so excited but then it turned out not to be him....

oh man do you remember when they thought they caught Xavier a few years ago, going into Scotland I believe? i had gotten so excited but then it turned out not to be him....
Yes! I do remember... I don’t really know what to think about that guy. The possibility that he’s out there just living life after what he did really makes angry. The degree of premeditation and cruelty (taking his son out for dinner before killing him, wth...?) really unsettles me.

Yes! I do remember... I don’t really know what to think about that guy. The possibility that he’s out there just living life after what he did really makes angry. The degree of premeditation and cruelty (taking his son out for dinner before killing him, wth...?) really unsettles me.

it is VERY unsettling...it's all horrible, but the one son coming home thinking his mother gravely injured, fighting for her life only then to be killed is awful awful awful.

i'm not sure if i believe he's still alive or not. Using his credit cards as he was fleeing kind of makes me think he then killed himself cuz that's pretty stupid to leave a digital trail like that. On the other hand, family annihilators are typically too narcissistic to kill themselves (John List, Chris Watts, etc.) so part of me wouldn't be surprised if he is in fact still alive.

it is VERY unsettling...it's all horrible, but the one son coming home thinking his mother gravely injured, fighting for her life only then to be killed is awful awful awful.

i'm not sure if i believe he's still alive or not. Using his credit cards as he was fleeing kind of makes me think he then killed himself cuz that's pretty stupid to leave a digital trail like that. On the other hand, family annihilators are typically too narcissistic to kill themselves (John List, Chris Watts, etc.) so part of me wouldn't be surprised if he is in fact still alive.

It is a chilling case, indeed, and it’s precisely what you say about family annihilators that makes me think there’s a chance he’s still alive. Those cases you mention (plus Jeffrey McDonald) really make me feel sick. I hope, if DuPont is alive, he’s caught at some point and his family gets some justice.

West Memphis three

3 beautiful innocent little boys living their best life horrifically killed and completely over shadowed by their killers fanfare.

Makes me sick on the stomach every time I visit this case.

:(

I've got a few I just can't stop thinking about.

1983's St. Louis Mo Jane Doe because I feel like somebody misses her but just know she ended up in St. Louis.
Delphi Murders Obviously
Endangered Runaway Ashley Martinez
Linda Sherman

Kyron ! Baby Lisa , baby Sabrina. I wish there was more sleuthing on that one.

Boys on the tracks ? Never heard of it details or links ?

I read about boys on the tracks years ago. I've tried dozens of times to find the book again. Do you have the name of any victim? I'd like to read more about it. TIA

Asha Degree; I want to know why she was on the highway!

The middle child from the Terry Rasmussen case still being unidentifed.

Clinton John Doe; why if he was tentatively ID'd a few years ago and he still hasn't been verified ID'd.

Babes in the Woods; being it is such a old case it makes me feel like they will never be ID'd.

Bear DE Jane Doe; the fact that relatives were found but they didn't recognize her.

Julie Ann Hall
Calvin Michael Anderson

Obvious who got away with it in both cases. I was recently at the scene connected to this case as I'm just a drive away.

Some other ones that bug me are:

Richard Bocklage and the letter he wrote to the family after the murder
Bradford Bishop
Robert William Fisher (approaching 20th anniversary—he must be caught)
Casey Anthony is a staple...

Michele Harris.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman