What case really burns your butt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jennifer Joyce Kesse. A beautiful young woman. 24 years old. Did everything right in her life. Had a wonderful, supportive family. Great friends--old and new. A "straight-A" student. Graduated from Central Florida University with a degree in finance. Landed a good job. Fell in love. Bought a new condo. Was so safety conscious she paid attention to who was walking behind her at the mall.

Spoke to her boyfriend on January 23, 2006 around 10 pm. Told him she was in bed. Then she vanished.

No sign of a struggle. Nothing. Just a poor quality video of an unknown person of interest parking her car a little more than a mile from her condo and walking away. Before high-noon on January 24, 2006.

How can this happen?

Oh, yeah. This case makes me feel the burn.

This case is a tough one. There is not much to go on. She doesn't appear to be involved in any high risk behaviors, no enemies anyone knows about. Just a poor quality photo of the POI. Hopefully someone knows something and will come forward. Until then or a miracle happens I'm not certain this one will ever be solved.

A case that is currently ongoing: Carolyn Byington, Plainsboro, NJ. Stabbed to death on June 10, 2019 in her apartment while she was home for her lunch break. Her coworker was charged with stalking and murdering her, trial TBD. Reports say that her neighbors heard screams around lunchtime but no one called the police at the time. She was found dead at 6pm that day after a welfare check.

Not a cold case (plenty of DNA evidence against creepy coworker) but an extremely sad one. She was 26 years old. I live in the area and am hoping to go to the trial whenever it happens.

Accused lunch break killer was stalking his victim before brutal stabbing, prosecutor says

Interesting thread. The cases that tend to stick with me are the ones where no body is ever found. Or cases I have some (small so far, thank God) personal connection. I just can’t imagine how horrible it would be to know your loved one was most likely thrown out somewhere and their body disturbed by animals, weather, etc. heartbreaking. The Danielle Stislicki case is one of the more recent “no body” cases I just can’t get over.

I do not believe that the death of 17 year old Damian Henning was a suicide. Damian went missing back in November 2019 and his body was found in Toledo, Ohio a couple of days later. My opinion is based on news accounts and some comments that his mother made with her interactions with LE agencies.

All of the adoptees who are killed at the hands of people who are supposed to care for them. The Hart family, especially. Adoption is already traumatic, transracial adoption is more traumatic, and on top of that these vulnerable children (adoptees are 4x more likely to die by suicide) are so often starved, abused, tortured and killed.
Saviors No More: When Adoptive Families Become Abusive Families

@kalvis the thread will probably open once they are done using it to promote new podcasts about the case.

They should probably list all of the great podcasts that have covered this sad sad case.

Long before I discovered Websleuths I saw the Disappeared on Maura Murray and I couldn’t take my mind away from it. She is still never far from my thoughts.

After discovering Websleuths I learned about St. Louis Jane Doe. This one has left me heartbroken and horrified. That sweet innocent child. I know there are so many others, but this one has especially left me feeling haunted and saddened.

MO - MO - St Louis, BlkFem Child 54UFMO, 8-11, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83

There are, of course, many others. Any time a child goes missing or is murdered.

Edited to add: Kyron. Where is he?! Charli Scott. Please let her mother find her! Too many cases. :(

Last edited:
Long before I discovered Websleuths I saw the Disappeared on Maura Murray and I couldn’t take my mind away from it. She is still never far from my thoughts.

After discovering Websleuths I learned about St. Louis Jane Doe. This one has left me heartbroken and horrified. That sweet innocent child. I know there are so many others, but this one has especially left me feeling haunted and saddened.

MO - MO - St Louis, BlkFem Child 54UFMO, 8-11, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83

There are, of course, many others. Any time a child goes missing or is murdered.

Edited to add: Kyron. Where is he?! Charli Scott. Please let her mother find her! Too many cases. :(

I think Charli Scott was solved, though I do wish they would have found more remains to lay to rest.

I think Charli Scott was solved, though I do wish they would have found more remains to lay to rest.

They did. I just wish SC would come clean about where she is. I also wish Maui PD would release her remains for burial already. I was local to the area while the case was happening. There is a huge problem over there with missing persons investigations, etc. Charli’s mom is an angel trying to give a voice to the victims. She amazes me.

They did. I just wish SC would come clean about where she is. I also wish Maui PD would release her remains for burial already. I was local to the area while the case was happening. There is a huge problem over there with missing persons investigations, etc. Charli’s mom is an angel trying to give a voice to the victims. She amazes me.

I did not know they had not released the remains. That is very sad. SC is a real low life scum!

The Dalia Dippolito case. She was motivated by greed and materialism but her sense of entitlement and unwillingness to accept any responsibility just infuriates me.

Jim Can't Swim (if you don't know already has awesome Youtube and Patreon channels) covers it here:
Jim is an incredible Youtuber! So glad I'm not the only one loving his stuff, he doesn't seem to be as widely known as others.

I will never understand this either. Being from the local area, I cannot begin to explain the shockwave that erupted when this happened. I can't say that little boy's name without tears immediately springing to my eyes. Allegedly, both of them have previously been caught in the local area, against the conditions of their license. I still live where I grew up and the thought of those two being anywhere around here, without knowing who they are is horrifying. One of them has proven time and again that he remains a very clear and present danger to children, he should be locked up for the remainder of his life. There's some sympathy expressed for the other, the presumption that because he hasn't been in the news he has turned his life around...well I won't say any more about that.

There were a lot of excuses made for them at the time regarding their family lives and upbringing but I can assure you that there were hundreds, if not thousands of kids being brought up in the same circumstances in this area at that time. Only two of them committed such heinous acts.

Both have been rearrested, charged and convicted on numerous occasions for CP. What's going on there that they can't seem to keep computers and mobiles from these two? Venables has a kid, a KID. Makes me wonder if his fiancee knows of his previous history. Thompson, now living with his male partner (I may have gotten who has a kid and who has a male partner mixed up there. The stupid thing is I've seen their names floating about the Dark Web, so it's not like it isn't hard for people to hunt them down if they knew where to find the information. Just release the names, stop protecting them, we don't protect the rest of them.

I agree 100% re the circumstances, this is no excuse. I grew up in a wartorn country, surrounded by some awful stuff, had some awful stuff happen to me, but I didn't go kidnap a little boy and do unspeakable things to him then outright deny involvement.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back