What did she buy at Target and How did she do it?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is halfway out into left field...but, at 8:49 in the video a guy without bags exits the store behind Casey looks up at the camera and pulls his ear....is that a Hot Chick Alert from one security guard to the monitoring guard, or....what?

I think it's more of a "hot" chick / check alert. Did you see how many times she rubbed fingers, peeked over the registrer...she looked nervous. Knowing someone who works for Target AND having used the chex system when I was in retail, the human error in not verifying identity is a key here. The chex system will scan the check to see if there are any current outstanding NSF's or alerts on that account. It does not check ID. BUT scanning the DL does read the magnetic strip and can also alert the store if that DL has bounced a check in the store before. People who have a certain number of NSF's lose check writing privs. It does NOT cross reference them though to determine if person on check is person with ID. That's what the cashier is for. If that ear pulling guy worked for target in security he was likely going out to get a tag number on a car and motioning to security in order to flag the spot on the tape relating to her. JMO but I think they got suspicious but were too late to do anything before she was gone. She is fast ya know.

This is halfway out into left field...but, at 8:49 in the video a guy without bags exits the store behind Casey looks up at the camera and pulls his ear....is that a Hot Chick Alert from one security guard to the monitoring guard, or....what?

OMG---I was watching that guy also. The first thang I thought was that he was a security guard then decided he wasn't---then my next thought was that he wasn't lookin at her butt. Hey---99 1/2% of the men would be lookin at the woman's butt when they are in front of them. Wonder if she stole something and he confronted her and she either talked him out of it or paid for what ever and he just let her go. The pulling of the ear never hit my brain. Thanks for seeing what was really goin on.

Watch the raw video...The first Target clerk doesnt even look at her ID, does she?

(Love the music in this clip!)

YouTube - Casey Anthony Surveillance - Report and 8 Mins Raw Footage

Thanks for the link. I notice that while Casey is writing the check she keeps her hand over the top left of the check covering the name. Then she pulls the check out and then at 4:15 you can see that she lays her DL over the top of the check. Casey hands the check and license to her with the license still on top and covering up the AH's name, the clerk barely looks at it.

I have used my husbands card with a different last name on it MULTIPLE times where I have been asked for ID, handed over my license that clearly doesn't match, cashier goes through the motions and hands me back my card and ID. It happens all the time.

I'll add to your post...I recently got groceries for my daughter with her credit card and her married name on it.I happened to be in an aisle where a clerk was being trained so they asked for my ID.Since it didn't match I said it was my daughter's card and I was running an errand for her.No problem....and off I went.I have never shopped in that store before.They didn't know me,but let me use someone elses credit card!

Thanks for the link. I notice that while Casey is writing the check she keeps her hand over the top left of the check covering the name. Then she pulls the check out and then at 4:15 you can see that she lays her DL over the top of the check. Casey hands the check and license to her with the license still on top and covering up the AH's name, the clerk barely looks at it.

Thanks for pointing that out.Great sleuthing.

I think KC had the cajones to do this because this wasn't her first time pulling this kind of stunt! JMO Hope the SA lays out her expertise at trial for all to see!:clap:

I'll add to your post...I recently got groceries for my daughter with her credit card and her married name on it.I happened to be in an aisle where a clerk was being trained so they asked for my ID.Since it didn't match I said it was my daughter's card and I was running an errand for her.No problem....and off I went.I have never shopped in that store before.They didn't know me,but let me use someone elses credit card!

Wouldn't surprise me if stores operated on the premise that a card being presented for a purchase was authorized to be used by the card holder.

My 16 year old grandson has used my Amex card many times w/o me being there and being there, signing his name for the purchase and he is NOT an authorized user of my account.

And my local Targets does not check any ids except for alcohol purchases. 7-11s don't even scan id cards. OT story here but at Ross the woman in front of me went through about 11 cards she had until one finally was authorized. I did a smirky smile at the cashier who told me the woman used cards that were and weren't in her name. The cashier had to scan through the register on most of them. The one accepted wasn't in her name. She said Ross accepts any card that is authorized by the bank. Sad.

O/T I was at a Bealls Outlet and the woman in front of me presented a cc without a signature on the back. The cashier asked her for her DL. The woman looked at the cashier like she had 2 heads. The cashier tried to explain the reason and the woman was visibly irritated for her inconvenience-still the cashier took down the license number and the woman left in a huff!
Many cashiers won't put themselves in the position of questioning a customer! I'm sure the cashier at Target wishes she did-cause I doubt that she is still an employee there!:rolleyes:

Has anyone seen this? Look at pages 36 to 41. Do ya think that CA's signature? http://www.docstoc.com/docs/2810988/...sed-Nov-26-005
I think there's alot we don't know about Miss KC yet!:furious:

Holy carp! Those Cindy checks look like definite forgeries. I'm going to look for Cindy's statement to LE for comparison.

PG. 29 -Casey's written statement
PG. 37- Cindy's written statement

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Casey Anthony discovery Pages 1-150.pdf

Forged for sure, IMO. $425 in February alone, and I wouldn't doubt that there are more where that came from.

I'm in my 30's and I've had plenty of cashiers just ask for my d.o.b. when buying alcohol rather than checking my ID. Likewise, when writing a check to a store and cashing a check, I usually go ahead and write my DL info on the check to speed the process up. They will often take my license and glance at it but I know they aren't really comparing the info. She may have known AH's DL info and been writing it on there so it would clear check systems and given some excuse of having had to change her DL# for some reason (which has also happened to me). She does seem to do a lot of writing before a total is given. There's hundreds of ways for her to get through.

Also, at 8:20 of this video - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGxKL8xM1YI"]YouTube - Casey Anthony Surveillance - Report and 8 Mins Raw Footage[/ame] - she writes a check but also hands the cashier a card which gets swiped. I wonder what that is? Do they swipe DL's?

Idk why the whole video posted. All I put in was the url. Feel free to edit it out if needed.

Makes me wonder why KC didn't have her own checking account. She could have written one check to herself and deposited it. Seems to me that would be less of a risk of not being caught by the stores or BOA. Has she done things in the past to prevent a bank from opening up her own account?

A lot of banks put a temporary hold on deposits from other accounts (particularly third party checks drawn on other banks) until the check clears. A balance inquiry will show the cash has been credited to the account, but the actual "available" funds are limited to money that has cleared, which generally takes several days.

If she wanted a check for an immediate purchase, it could be better to write it from the account itself since the funds were likely to be available.

Yes! Casey definitely looks as though she knows the drill for passing bad checks. Not a firsttimer, IMO.

Yes! Casey definitely looks as though she knows the drill for passing bad checks. Not a firsttimer, IMO.
Lest we not forget poster Mamabears other bear hug lub Sgt. Beary and his profound statement, "KC is no stranger to the law". Go ahead Mamabear :slap::rotfl:

Thanks for this link.. how I missed this documentation is beyond me. I think the media posts a bunch of documents the first day and then others later as they get time.

Anyways, I should probably go find a thread about checks. FWIW...Per this link ..... Pg 34

This appears that she used Amscot to cash checks. She filled out this application(Pg35) on 11/15/05 to cash checks. She list JG as her SPOUSE and CA as her relative. (okay this is fine accept JESSE was not yet her SPOUSE -engaged) They took a photo copy of her DL. Pg 34 shows what checks she cashed at Amscot. Pg 36 on shows the actual checks and a photocopy of them.

Starting with the oldest check...

Check date 6/24/05 Cash Date 11/15/05 $181.72 (she held on to the check for almost 5 months??)

Next 6 checks are from employment with Event Imaging Solutions and Kodak.

9/15/06 Check from B. Lufkin $150.00 (From roommate for Rent)
12/16/07 from Lee Anthony for $25.00 cashed on 1/17/08 (okay this could be a Christmas check)

Seems like Miss Casey was pretty behaved in 2007. No checks cashed.

1/31/08 CA $50.00
2/6/08 CA $75.00 (she gets a little braver here and ups the $$)
2/8/08 CA $125.00 (braver even more... ups the $$ amt!!)
CK # 4676 2/9/08 CA $200.00 (just a day later and goes for even bigger amt!!) There is a note under this that states "Do not believe issued." I am thinking this is a note to say that the check was not cashed.." the reason to follow in a bit..

3/17/08 CA 20.00 (hmm wonder why such a small amt.)

Now looking on to page 36

We have a photocopy of Grandmas' birthday check to Casey for $20.00. Date March 17th. (looks like grandma's writing.)

The above check from Cynthia A cashed on 2/8/08 very much looks like Casey's handwriting as found in her statement to the police. BUT the signature on the back.. looks different than the handwriting on the front of the check, however, it looks the same as the signature on her police documentation.

The check cashed #4676 from CA for $200.00 or attempted on 1-9-08 actually appears to be DECLINED... Reason... 2 checks already in clearing. Said she needed funds for a camping trip.

There was another printout of a check she received from her GP's on her dad's side. It appears to be legitmate.

Just some observations FWIW

Sorry ibyoungr---but you know it's hard for me to keep up---but---are you saying KC has different siggys?

Also, notice that the check from 2/5 was numbered #4633 and the check from 2/8 is #4676-that's 43 checks in 3 days!
My guess is that KC slipped a check from the back of CA's checkbook!
Sneaky little :devil: Don't ya think?

Thanks for this link.. how I missed this documentation is beyond me. I think the media posts a bunch of documents the first day and then others later as they get time.

Anyways, I should probably go find a thread about checks. FWIW...Per this link ..... Pg 34

This appears that she used Amscot to cash checks. She filled out this application(Pg35) on 11/15/05 to cash checks. She list JG as her SPOUSE and CA as her relative. (okay this is fine accept JESSE was not yet her SPOUSE -engaged) They took a photo copy of her DL. Pg 34 shows what checks she cashed at Amscot. Pg 36 on shows the actual checks and a photocopy of them.

Starting with the oldest check...

Check date 6/24/05 Cash Date 11/15/05 $181.72 (she held on to the check for almost 5 months??)

Next 6 checks are from employment with Event Imaging Solutions and Kodak.

9/15/06 Check from B. Lufkin $150.00 (From roommate for Rent)
12/16/07 from Lee Anthony for $25.00 cashed on 1/17/08 (okay this could be a Christmas check)
Seems like Miss Casey was pretty behaved in 2007. No checks cashed.

1/31/08 CA $50.00
2/6/08 CA $75.00 (she gets a little braver here and ups the $$)
2/8/08 CA $125.00 (braver even more... ups the $$ amt!!)
CK # 4676 2/9/08 CA $200.00 (just a day later and goes for even bigger amt!!) There is a note under this that states "Do not believe issued." I am thinking this is a note to say that the check was not cashed.." the reason to follow in a bit..

3/17/08 CA 20.00 (hmm wonder why such a small amt.)

Now looking on to page 36

We have a photocopy of Grandmas' birthday check to Casey for $20.00. Date March 17th. (looks like grandma's writing.)

The above check from Cynthia A cashed on 2/8/08 very much looks like Casey's handwriting as found in her statement to the police. BUT the signature on the back.. looks different than the handwriting on the front of the check, however, it looks the same as the signature on her police documentation.

The check cashed #4676 from CA for $200.00 or attempted on 1-9-08 actually appears to be DECLINED... Reason... 2 checks already in clearing. Said she needed funds for a camping trip.

There was another printout of a check she received from her GP's on her dad's side. It appears to be legitmate.

Just some observations FWIW

BBM -

I think it is very strange that someone who should be low on money, would hold on to these 2 checks for so long. I know when I get a check, I am in the bank same day or next day to get it cashed or deposited, regardless if it is $25 or $250. Maybe she wasn't so hard up for money afterall? Hmmmm?

BBM -

I think it is very strange that someone who should be low on money, would hold on to these 2 checks for so long. I know when I get a check, I am in the bank same day or next day to get it cashed or deposited, regardless if it is $25 or $250. Maybe she wasn't so hard up for money afterall? Hmmmm?

That is why I think she had the ZFG id and had a checking account for her new life. While she was in Orlando she had it in her head not to touch that money til she split. Nobody thinks she was gonna split but me. LOL

But I don't think she was wanting to use the ZFG id in town nor touch her money til she changed clothes---from one to the other. I still think she was into *advertiser censored* or something til she got enuff money saved to split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin