What did she buy at Target and How did she do it?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here you go, from the Fraud documents:

7/08/08 Check #142 to Target in Orlando for $111.01
7/10/08 Check #143 to Target in Winter Garden FL for $137.77
7/10/08 Check #144 to Target in Orlando for $155.47
7/12/08 Check #145 to WinnDixie for $92.62
7/15/08 Check #146 to Casey Anthony for $250
Electronic Check presented for payment on 7/19/08 to AT&T in the amount of $574
Sundance

Interesting about the one in Winter Garden that is way over on the opposite side of Orange County. Wonder what she was doing over there. There are a lot of Targets in Orlando why go to the opposite end of the county.

Whatever she bought, I BET there's no trail of her buying ANYTHING for or with Caylee after 6/15.

Personally I wonder if some of those clerks can read or are just going through the motions. On the back of all my credit cards I have written "See ID" in the signature box. I am always shocked when one of them actually ask for it.

Wonder if those cashiers that did that are still working there today???

I do not have signatures on any of my credit cards. My "real" signature is beautiful (thanks to those nuns!) and looks nothing like my "dredit card" signature. No one has ever asked for ID and no one has ever noticed that I sign my maiden name instead of the name on the card. I think the clerks are too busy to check.

Maybe she's buying products that are used to make meth?

That's why the hopping around, so as to draw as little attention to herself as she could while she was cleaning out her "best" friend's bank account.

Maybe that's the whole deal - that's why she won't talk - why she didn't call 911 - maybe she was with some people who were making it, or she was trying to, for cash let's say, and poor Caylee got into something she shouldn't have which killed her. No way she can just say, "Oh it's terrible, we were cookin' some meth over at JoeBlow's house and she inhaled too much of whatever" and come out of it OK.

Would like to see those receipts and what she purchased for sure.

Kid

I agree with Txsvicki - I think she probably returned a good portion of the merch she bought after the checks cleared so she'd get cash back. Since she went to three different stores, it would be interesting to see if she returned merch at any of them.

Casey's got some serious 'splaining to do. Can' t wait to hear these stories

I wonder if Casey was writing checks and going over the amount that was actually in the account. My Target here and one grocery store are about the only places that don't automatically take the amount of the check out, but still takes a couple of days unlike a store like Walmart which would decline the check.

Those checks for the 10th, at Target, Mark Hawkins from Calif's mother Ann Chase reported to LE that she seen Casey in Target that day. It was reported by Mark Hawkins that Casey called him, about a week ago from date of July 17 which would seem to make you think she got his number from his mother at Target.
The echeck for the phone bill, she was in JAIL at that time! Unless, it was late being presented, or it was being presented a second time due to nonpayment?
Didnt Tony live in Winter Park? I'm pretty sure Sutton Place Blvd Apts is WP area.

She must be one smoooooth operator to pull off the check scheme. I know what I go through to cash my own check at a store. I need to to show photo ID, tell 'em my current phone #, and color of my underwear!

Maybe she's buying products that are used to make meth?

That's why the hopping around, so as to draw as little attention to herself as she could while she was cleaning out her "best" friend's bank account.

Maybe that's the whole deal - that's why she won't talk - why she didn't call 911 - maybe she was with some people who were making it, or she was trying to, for cash let's say, and poor Caylee got into something she shouldn't have which killed her. No way she can just say, "Oh it's terrible, we were cookin' some meth over at JoeBlow's house and she inhaled too much of whatever" and come out of it OK.

Would like to see those receipts and what she purchased for sure.

Kid

I'm not an expert but don't they use gas cans, empty apartments and chloroform to make meth??:waitasec:

Personally I wonder if some of those clerks can read or are just going through the motions. On the back of all my credit cards I have written "See ID" in the signature box. I am always shocked when one of them actually ask for it.

Wonder if those cashiers that did that are still working there today???

Interesting......I will have to remember this!!!

Has it been released what she actually bought for over 100 dollars 3 days in a row at target? Garbage bags? Bleach? Anything for Caylee?
I hope they can subpoena those receipts to find out exactly what this girl purchased. Maybe that would lead them in a direction.
Make up...lots of it, hair dye, toiletries and what not. I'm sure LE knows what she bought and my guess there was nothing for Caylee. I would be shocked if she bought even one diaper.

OK, here you go, from the Fraud documents:

7/08/08 Check #142 to Target in Orlando for $111.01
7/10/08 Check #143 to Target in Winter Garden FL for $137.77
7/10/08 Check #144 to Target in Orlando for $155.47
7/12/08 Check #145 to WinnDixie for $92.62
7/15/08 Check #146 to Casey Anthony for $250
Electronic Check presented for payment on 7/19/08 to AT&T in the amount of $574

(And remember, I don't remember which interview, but someone else here will, LH said that the cell phone records only went up until July 8, 2008, because her phone was cut off for non-payment in the amount of $574.)

All these checks were on AH's BOA (Bank of America) account, and OCSO LE were given the checks, the cashier's tape, the receipt for items purchased, video tape and photos.

Checks 143 and 144 had CaseyA's name and signature on them and a Florida DL was captured on the back of the checks, which belongs to CaseyA. Along with the checks, receipts, video tape and photos, sworn statements by the cashiers who conducted these transactions were also attached to the report.

Check 146 was made out to Casey Anthony and was cashed at the BOA.

:::shakes head is disbelief::: She is a piece of work. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Be good to one another,
Sundance

Wouldn't be anything for Caylee in those receipts and probably nothing involved in Caylee's disappearance/death. Too long after the car was towed...and, of course, after she "dropped her off with Zani the Nanny and Sam".

If she wrote a check to a store that doesn't automatically withdraw funds for checks she would not be able to return the merchandise for cash. There would be a waiting period for returns.

Those checks for the 10th, at Target, Mark Hawkins from Calif's mother Ann Chase reported to LE that she seen Casey in Target that day. It was reported by Mark Hawkins that Casey called him, about a week ago from date of July 17 which would seem to make you think she got his number from his mother at Target.
The echeck for the phone bill, she was in JAIL at that time! Unless, it was late being presented, or it was being presented a second time due to nonpayment?
Didnt Tony live in Winter Park? I'm pretty sure Sutton Place Blvd Apts is WP area.

From the Fraud report3 page 2:
July 19, 2008 "... victim called the Orlando Police Department Information Desk to report an additional check that was in the process of clearing her account.

The victim stated the check was electronically presented to AT&T in the amount of $574.
The victim advised she retrieved her check book back from her ex-boyfriend (NOI) of the suspect.
The victim advised that the account had been closed."

so.... I dunno... I thought those payments were pretty much posted immediately didn't you? So I think your nonpayment second time billing idea is the reason . I hadn't thought of that. I bet you are right.

:::furrows brow::: Unless she made the call from jail to pay the bill . ! . ! .

Piece of work, she's a piece of work like no other I believe I've ever seen.

Kid

I believe that payments over the phone and payments over the internet take a couple of
days to post. Casey might have handled her ATT bill like that. Plus, we know she was
ripping off her Grandmother by just getting the info off of her check (routing number, etc). She had to be doing that over the internet.

I wonder if LE asked C & G when they cut off her allowance.

If she left her clothes in the car she abandoned, then do you think that she might have bought some more clothes?

I think it is weird that she went shopping at Target so frequently. I think you guys are on to something when you say that she was probably planning on making some returns.

Also, does anyone here know if LE confirmed a Bank of America account with $10,000-$15,000 in it? I think TL said that she said that she had a bank account with BoA and Wachovia. Well, obviously she had an account with BoA if she was cashing a $250 check there. They will only cash checks if you have an account with them.

The check that gets me is the $250 cash (done at the bank) on the morning she picked up AH at the airport (7/15/08) wonder how much money she had on her when she was arrested?

The one on the 8th is an hour after she dropped her at the airport. Cajones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin