What did the ME think?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Chocopops

Reaction score
Hi. I've encountered the theory that the head-blow could have been caused by JB having been pushed or slammed into a hard surface with great force but in searching online, the prevailing opinion by experts who have knowledge about the case is that she was struck from overhead by a hard object.

Does anyone know what conclusion the Medical Examiner who conducted the actual autopsy arrived at?

Thanks.

Hi. I've encountered the theory that the head-blow could have been caused by JB having been pushed or slammed into a hard surface with great force but in searching online, the prevailing opinion by experts who have knowledge about the case is that she was struck from overhead by a hard object.

Does anyone know what conclusion the Medical Examiner who conducted the actual autopsy arrived at?

Thanks.

Chocopops,

JonBenet Ramsey, Autopsy Report, Excerpt
FINAL DIAGNOSIS:
I. Ligature strangulation
A. Circumferential ligature with associated ligature furrow of neck
B. Abrasions and petechial hemorrhages, neck
C. Petechial hemorrhages, conjunctival surfaces of eyes and skin of face

II. Craniocerebral injuries
A. Scalp contusion
B. Linear, comminuted fracture of right side of skull
C. Linear pattern of contusions of right cerebral hemisphere
D. Subarachnoid and subdural hemorrhage
E. Small contusions, tips of temporal lobes

III. Abrasion of right cheek

IV. Abrasion/contusion, posterior right shoulder

V. Abrasions of left lower back and posterior left lower leg

VI. Abrasion and vascular congestion of vaginal mucosa

VII. Ligature of right wrist

Toxicologic Studies
blood ethanol – none detected
blood drug screen – no drugs detected

CLINICOPATHLOGIC CORRELATION: Cause of death of this six year old female is asphyxia by strangulation associated with craniocerebral trauma.

John E. Meyer M.D.
Pathologist
jn/12/27/96
It looks like the Coroner is saying JonBenet was asphyxiated which along with her head injury contributed towards her death.

There has been a debate regarding what came first, the asphyxiation or the head blow, yet this does not detract from the outcome.

e.g. Someone whacks JonBenet on the head, then Patsy stages her death by adding a ligature/paintbrush device thereby asphyxiating JonBenet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back