What do you think happened to Malaysia Flight370?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you think happened to Malaysia Flight 370?

• Total voters
I think the plane is hidden and is being ready with explosives or a dirty bomb and they'll try to fly under the radar and hit the White House.

The people aboard wasn't what they wanted. They wanted that plane.

That's what I'm afraid of except where they'd hit could be anywhere. :(

I have no idea.

I'm leaning towards terrorist attack by one of the passengers. If this is the case, I think it landed in Afghanistan but the passengers have been killed :(.

This about my 5th theory for today. I'm very likely to have a new one by morning.

Just wondering...why Afghanistan rather than other countries where terrorists hide out and/or thrive- like Mali, Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc.?
(In fact, 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudis; the others were Egyptian, Lebanese & from UAE. NONE of the 9/11 hijackers were Afghani; Bin Laden himself was Saudi.)

Countries with large AlQaeda presence:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-13296443

I think for it to have landed in any of the countries with a large Al-Qaeda presence, the planes would have been detected by other countries when the plane were crossing them en route to their destination (or at least their air space) on their satellites, etc.

I think IF the plane's disappearance was an act of terrorism, it was probably by a group who are more of a threat to China and that region of the world than to the US. If you think terrorists took over the flight, this article has some really excellent info on possible terror groups that could and probably could not have pulled it off- http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/17/opinion/bergen-flight-370-terrorism-role/ (essentially there's no credible claim of responsibility by terrorists yet...and I'd think if this was a terrorist group's handiwork, they'd want credit)

I think the plane is hidden and is being ready with explosives or a dirty bomb and they'll try to fly under the radar and hit the White House.

The people aboard wasn't what they wanted. They wanted that plane.

Getting a plane of that size from that area where it went missing to DC, etc, would require flying it through airspace of the US or other countries; these countries would eventually see the plane on their radar.
If it entered US airpsace, fighter jets would be scrambled and it would be taken down. (My guess is we even monitor plenty of non-US airspace as well.)

Came here for info I wasn't seeing in mainstream media, and was not disappointed!! After reading up, this seems like the simplest explanation:

Pilot took the plane hostage, on one of the small islands in the Indian Ocean, to trade for the release of the opposition leader. One of three things:
-He has a partner on land, who is negotiating with the government now
-He is making his way back to the mainland, to make the demands himself
-Some other country already shot the plane down first, planning to ask questions later, and doesn't want to admit it

The poll doesn't allow for mechanical failure. I think that's what happened. So my vote is none of the above.

I voted for the 3rd option but I don't think it had mechanical failure & "blew up" so much as it had mechanical failure and ended up crashing/falling into the bottom of the ocean (and well, I guess maybe "blew up" on impact).

I don't think the people on the plane are alive anymore (although I'm praying I'm wrong) and this option seems like the "best" one if they aren't alive in that there would be no malice, terrorism, or intention involved...it would be an accident.

However, the option that someone in the cockpit (not a passenger) brought it down as a suicide sounds just as likely, to be honest. The NY Times just reported that the plane's path was altered via input into the flight computer, and to do that, one would have to know about Boeing aircrafts. I'm thinking suicide (not having to do with terrorism but just with depression, despair, etc...not as a suicide terror mission) is possible.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html?_r=0

I have no idea but my hunch is that it's at the bottom of the ocean. For some reason i really don't want to believe that the pilot was involved. The Co Pilot maybe but not the pilot.

I have no idea but my hunch is that it's at the bottom of the ocean. For some reason i really don't want to believe that the pilot was involved. The Co Pilot maybe but not the pilot.

I suspect the pilot caused this due to his having the simulator.

I have not noticed anyone mention that it was the co-pilot whose voice was recognised as saying, "All right, Good night." I read this yesterday but cannot remember where - perhaps on yahoo7 news.

Therefore, you could assume that the pilots could be in cahoots (or they are being forced to do what they have done?

Biggest motivator IMO would be money or perhaps politics.

If money, maybe they will have the plane re-painted and sell it. If politics, they could be negotiating the Malaysian Government are not able to disclose that.

But what about the poor passengers? I cannot see the pilots killing them either while in the plane or on land.

If hijacked, I would have thought the plane would have ended up in Afganistan or one of the "stans". What about East Timor?

Are there any islands with jungles where they could let the passengers go free but they would have no means of escape and they would end up dying of malnutrition and their mobile phones would not work? I had hoped that the plan would have landed safely and the passengers are still alive.

But as I have been writing this, I have realised that there are too many problems with this scenario or any other scenario for that matter. The simplest is that the plane, crew and passengers are at the bottom of the ocean but I could not hazard a guess where.

It makes me feel that this mystery will never be solved.

I am going to have to agree with my husband on this one. He thinks it was hijacked and landed safely and is hidden somewhere. I also think Malaysia knows about the hijackers demands and are keeping a lot of secrets.

I will probably be wrong, but that is my best guess right now. Subject to change in about two minutes...LOL

I think that someone stole the plane to land it in a previously arranged destination in a place is either so remote that no one noticed or it is in a country where you know better than to ask questions for fear of dying a slow torturous death after the government forces you to watch as your family is killed.

Maybe they killed everyone on board by depressurization but the job of removing all of those dead bodies from the plane would be pretty messy. Maybe there is a way to replace the oxygen canisters with knockout gas? Knock them out, collect all of the phones, computers and tablets and by the time they wake up they are cuffed to the seats?

Maybe one of the psychopathic dictators did it just to impress himself. Or maybe it was one of the scumbags our government sent home from Gitmo. The worst of the worst had plenty of time to plot revenge while they sat in their cells waiting for their turn to be released to continue their evil activities!

So, who is in the short list of lunatic leaders of countries where people are killed for sport? Kim Jong Un? Putin?
Hamid Karsai? Anyone I'm missing?

You can make everyone pass out with depressurization, then adjust it back before killing them, take all of their things, hand cuff them, etc. but I would think it would be a lot of work and a very small window of time before people started waking back up. Or just go ahead and kill them all, or most of them, and use the remaining as hostages, making them lie to say all passengers are safe.

My strongest feeling is that the pilot was on a suicide mission, for whatever reason (depression, mental illness, political statement) and he wanted the plane to just disappear. The problem with this scenario is, what happened to the co-pilot? It's hard to believe two men would have this mindset. And, while you could probably convince the passengers that the hard turn was routine or just a detour, the flight crew would have know something was amiss. What do you think the flight crew could have done, once they realized they were way off course and the pilot was not responding to them?

Could it be this simple? What evidence/indicators definitively refute this scenario and why would the Malaysian authorities commit themselves to the intentional sabotage theory (maybe something else not publicized)?
A Startlingly Simple Theory About the Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

Thanks. If they were there; wouldn't we know about it? Wouldn't someone's cell phone have called someone when they landed?

I really want to believe they were hijacked; but the longer this goes on; the less I believe it. There was no extra fuel; according to the article you posted; he should have been about out

Could it be this simple? What evidence/indicators definitively refute this scenario and why would the Malaysian authorities commit themselves to the intentional sabotage theory (maybe something else not publicized)?

This theory is somewhat supported by the oil rig worker who saw a burning plane. Not sure how far away you could see the plane. Seems like he was east of where the plane turned around.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/585122/witness-says-he-may-have-seen-burning-malaysian-airlines-plane

After more coffee; the runway would be in the location of this report below. How many days does it take for them to check it out?

From the post - [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10345727#post10345727"]Malaysia Airlines 370 *MEDIA LINKS ONLY[/ame]*
SEPANG: A Greek petrochemical tank was asked to keep an eye out for ‘floating suitcases’ at the Straits of Malacca here yesterday.
Elka Athina, a barge heading to Suez was alerted by Indonesian authorities over radio, warning them that they were ‘approaching a field of debris’.

Several Greek news portals, Tovima and Times of Change were abuzz as sources from the barge alerted them over the apparent sighting.

The portals reported several other barges passing the the busy straits were ‘rushed’ to a coordinate off Sumatran waters.

Another Greek portal published an audio interview with a first officer of the ship, claiming that it was steaming towards a ‘debrs zone’ in the northern waters of the Malacca Strait.

However, checks with online ship tracking websites revealed that the tanker had sailed passed the debris field at about 9.30pm (Malaysia Time).

It is believed that authorities had red flagged a possible area in the straits after users of the map crowdsourcing site Tomnod have indicated a possible debris field in the Straits of Malacca.

A twitter user, Richard Barrow, posted a satellite image of ‘a potential crash site’ and ‘possible floating seats’ on the surface of the ocean at coordinate 5°39'08.0"N 98°50'38.0"E.

Read more: MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...-at-straits-of-malacca-1.517746#ixzz2wGCCmsMF

Can we have a NEW option "DUNNO" :dunno:

I went from terrorism/hijack to catastrophic event, to the plane crashed, the plane flew a few hours and crashed, the plane landed somewhere...

then....:saber: :ufo:

Basically :dunno:

After more coffee; the runway would be in the location of this report below. How many days does it take for them to check it out?

From the post - Malaysia Airlines 370 *MEDIA LINKS ONLY*

Looks like this is turning out to be a hoax. Walking out the door..
Dated the 16th; expected to be at site within hours. Why haven't we seen photos yet?
A Greek tanker has detected possible traces of the missing flight ΜΗ370 16 March 2014 / 15:03:45
The Greek tanker ELKA Athina, owned by the company European Product Carriers and Greek tycoon Karnezis, has detected remains which may belong to the missing Malaysian Boeing. The ship, along with other vessels, is moving in the Strait of Malacca and has detected a signal at a latitude of 0551 knots north and longitude 09657.5 knots east.

Looks like this is turning out to be a hoax. Walking out the door..
Dated the 16th; expected to be at site within hours. Why haven't we seen photos yet?
A Greek tanker has detected possible traces of the missing flight ΜΗ370 16 March 2014 / 15:03:45
The Greek tanker ELKA Athina, owned by the company European Product Carriers and Greek tycoon Karnezis, has detected remains which may belong to the missing Malaysian Boeing. The ship, along with other vessels, is moving in the Strait of Malacca and has detected a signal at a latitude of 0551 knots north and longitude 09657.5 knots east.

Not sure if it was a hoax or not but IIRC it was later reported Nothing found

The USS Kidd arrived to search the Strait of Malacca on March 14th and began searching in that area, from my last known report the USS Kidd was still in the area and has not found anything

The Strait of Malacca is an important shipping route in the world being the main channel between the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean
if any debris was there IMO it would have been located by now..

My strongest feeling is that the pilot was on a suicide mission, for whatever reason (depression, mental illness, political statement) and he wanted the plane to just disappear. The problem with this scenario is, what happened to the co-pilot? It's hard to believe two men would have this mindset. And, while you could probably convince the passengers that the hard turn was routine or just a detour, the flight crew would have know something was amiss. What do you think the flight crew could have done, once they realized they were way off course and the pilot was not responding to them?

If you're suicidal and planning on taking out a whole plane of people, killing your co-pilot so he doesn't interfere wouldn't be a big deal. If anyone would know how to get something through security to use to kill someone, it would be a pilot. Maybe he slipped something in his coffee, or injected him with something.

the flight crew couldn't have done anything, because the door to where the pilots are locks from the inside, and is locked while the plane is in the air. it can only be opened from the inside. it's a safety measure to try to stop terrorists. well, at least, that's how it is here in the US. I'm just assuming everyone else has planes like ours, but you know, I could be turning myself into a you-know-what.

I do not think that nobody knows what is going on.
I think it was a test run to see if it can be done, keeping it a mystery.
I do not believe that once a plane falls of the radar hours go by before they stat to notice.

I don’t think Boston was a surprise.
I don’t think 9/11 was a surprise

I have a close family member who recently retired after a long career with a major airline, as a head maintenance engineer (so he often assisted pilots in flight and even trained pilots in many aspects of the planes).

He believes what happened, after speaking with friends still with the company, that the plane was hijacked, either by the crew or others (but definitely people who knew what they were doing and how to fly), and evaded detection by basically flying in the slipstream of another plane, extremely close behind it so the traffic control systems would basically only detect one plane.

It then landed, somewhere, but he told me that the fuel it had, whilst very low for air flight, would be enough for 4 hours (!) taxiing on land. Assuming it landed somewhere flat enough, this could be good reason it's so hard to find; it may be even outside the areas they're looking!

Also, apparently the FBI and CIA are involved (may already be known, I don't know; haven't followed things that closely) due to the presence of some important Silicon Valley people onboard. Potential reason behind it all?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveyJ
Back