What does the jury think happened today?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What does the jury think happened?

• ICA plans to plead

Votes: 21 10.6%
  • ICA (or someone) is sick

Votes: 117 58.8%
  • Judge or Lawyer had a personal emergency

Votes: 24 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 37 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although I do think ICA was impacted by the day's proceedings, I wonder if the "illness" was magnified to some extent by DT due in part to DT's desire to have some extra time to prepare for cross-x tomorrow. Did you see DS passing notes during ME testimony? If this is DS area of expertise, I bet DT wanted some more time to prepare response. Hmm....

i agree. she wanted to put a stop to the public airing of her dirty laundry and it worked. unfortunately for her, she's no longer dealing with family and friends, people she could easily dismiss if confronted. nope, she's now dealing with a court of law and the public airing is going to pick up right where it left off. and jr. will see to it...

Agree. When all else fails, people like her fall back on sympathy. She's been playing sympathy as her trump card for years & years with her family & friends. ( oh Anthony I love you ... You know I was molested, can I stay here ?)

Well now this self absorbed, manipulative <modsnip> is dealing with the American justice system. Nobody will be stroking her far head, calling her honey & making her all cozy till she feels better. Nope, welcome to reality Casey - you're lying on a small, lumpy prison cot and you are all alone. Nobody cares about you.

The Judge was correct to let the defence have this one recess. It shows he's not predjudice when the appeal starts. I'm guessing he will order the trial to go on with her or without her. He doesn't seem like the type to placate ANYONE.

I feel like I'm ranting, but I guess everyone feels that way this evening.

I just posted this on the Sidebar thread, but it fits here:

I hope the majority of the jurors can see this for exactly what it is: A defense-team-coached scene by the defendant that would detract from the somber testimony of the day. The DT couldn't handle it, and neither could their client, so they let her play the part to get them all out of the courtroom for the day and let the jury recall that Casey was so distraught and overcome with grief upon seeing the remains of her daughter that it made her ill. NOT! The DT's intentions were to disrupt the proceedings and leave the jury thinking about Casey instead of Caylee. I am very angry and :sick:

I thought defendants could sometimes be excused without halting proceedings. :waitasec: So yeh, wouldn't surprise me if Mason didn't suggest they all pack up for the day. He was due to do the cross of Dr Utz and judging by his cross on Mr Hanson he was struggling yet again. Jeff Ashton had imo just demolished the staging cr*p. Maybe Cheney's exhaulted ego was bothering him again.

Sunny H. on prime news said it best (and she is no SA supporter by any means) when she said it looked just like when a defendant has an emotional breakdown b/c they know how much evidence is against them and they have a physical reaction to it- she said she has seen huge men have this same reaction.
IMHO, ICA has been shielded from the evidence (because that is what people around ICA do) in a way that would be presented as the SA is presenting it. The TH's are all saying this is the turning point- VP is saying he now knows why they are going for the death penalty and I'd bet ICA sees it too.
Her "illness" is her first gut reaction to the fact that she knows there is a good possibility she will get the death penalty and at the very least, be in prison for the rest of her life.
There is nothing there about her daughter- we have seen her reaction to all things Caylee. This about her and her realization that it is over.
Even sociopaths get sick and panic when they are caught.

This may not seem to fit on this thread but follow me for a minute - in the midst of all her shenanigans today I got to thinking about Lee's testimony today and my ultimate question, why? In the middle of the computer forensics, between computers and LE arriving at Suburban Dr - they squeeze Lee in....just in the middle there, let the state remind the jury what a liar we are dealing with with the alternate story and continued LIES about Zanny, now at Blanchard Park with her sister....? Ok, now let's show you what she did, hence, crime scene, ME etc....

Now just to remind the jury of what a CHB she is, before they get Dr. G on the stand, between Utz and her, they need to bring the computer lady back and let her give the jury a gander at all the skulls and other morbid, funky stuff she was downloading on that computer in the days following Caylee's disappearance and let them decide...Is this a chick who REALLY has a problem with skulls?

Pray LDB thinks tonight...."Oh really Casey? You had a problem with a skull today? Hmmm, you sure downloaded a couple back in June/July 2008 while your child was missing...Let's show that to the jury, now that you've reminded me."

I'm not really sure one way or the other on what exactly this "illness" stems from but at this point, I don't think it really matters. The whole "crying" bit isn't going to make a difference either. Susan Smith "cried", Andrea Yates "cried", Melissa Huckabee burst into an emotional melt down, and it didn't make them any less guilty.

Remember, this isn't the first time the DT or ICA has seen these photos! That was an "oh s***, how did they put all this together when I planned so well?"....I think she saw where she was headed!

Imo, it was just her way of "get me the f out of here" the whole world knows what
I did.

Don't forget when she told her parents, "I need to be looked at as a victim. I'm just as much a victim as the rest of you."
Everytime I hear her say that I get so mad I could spit!

Also I was thinking today while watching the trial that only someone who wasn't capable of digging a hole deep enough would have left that poor baby exposed to the animals and elements.
George certainly was capable of digging a grave for Caylee and I doubt she would have ever been found if that had been the case.
Can someone explain Jose's reasoning as to WHY George was framing her?

Missed KC's "sickness," but I'd guess- just another lie, probably her own or in collaboration with Baez. Who knows, but I'd bet it was feigned. Also, did anyone else notice that 9.5 times out of 10 when KC was dabbing her tearless eyes, she dabbed on the right side, not the left. She almost never, maybe never, dabbed both eyes together. Weird that she cries out of only one eye at a time.

No, they aren't told why. The officers that accompany them know but are NOT suppose to tell them why.

I think KC realized she wasn't getting acquitted. :rolleyes:

She was not sick enough, imo. The jury knows nothing of it. So that I am happy about. But I am sure she thinks she has still "got it" because they shut down the proceedings. Tomorrow is another day and they will be again talking about the remains and this day pretty much sealed it for her.
I didn't see it. So the jury didn't see her act? Good. In that case, I'd say she really did feel bad, given she had to face the reality of her choices, want to or not.

It's not my child, but I couldn't take it and turned it off to pray for Caylee, Cindy, and George. KC will see the bowels of hell.

I have not read the entire thread yet. Just got internet service back after bad T storm. I did see KC's reaction from work. I believe the DT staged this from the clothes she was wearing from not watching the monitor. Bill Schaeffer said he thought she was really ill. He also said in his experience that when the client is innocent, seeing evidence such as this would make them angry. The guilty would become sick. I still think it was stage and am not giving KC the benefit of doubt.

Statement regarding Casey's health
Source: Orange County Corrections Department

June 9, 2011
"Snip" http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...urt-ends-early
Casey Anthony has returned to the Orange County Jail where she is being seen by Corrections Health Services medical staff. No information can be released regarding her treatment or medical condition due to HIPPA and Florida Medical and Mental Health Confidentiality Laws.

wow -- did they really have HIPPA typed in the article? :banghead:

I did not see her hysterical or really CRYING. She diverted attention from Caylee back to herself . . . and it was allowed. Why is the Court catering to her? I hope Perry is giving DT an inch so they will take a mile . . .

They just said on Vinnie Politan's show that KC has seen all of the photos a long time ago. She and Baez have gone through them and since she didn't look at any today how could the photos have made her so SICK????? It DIDN'T. She just knew she could get attention by the nurses and doctors if she claimed she was sick and everyone would be worrying about her instead of thinking about Caylee. She is one sad, sad human being.
I read somewhere (today) that KC refused to view the photos, and has never seen them.??????????

Pure unadulterated theater!

JMHO as always

Imo, it was just her way of "get me the f out of here" the whole world knows what
I did.
Bingo! She can't walk away, or BS her way out of it. She's trapped.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID, KC. She couldn't, and she didn't want to hear it either. It's called "taking responsibility," something she's never had to do.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky
Back