Votes: 14 3.5%
  • F

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, 12 jurors in six days! I heard "experts" suggesting a month and a half... I'm still very pleased with my "A" rating. :)

I think he's doing pretty good. I didn't expect to see these results in 6 days and he seems to be handling things in a fair and careful manner.

moo

After this week, I sadly had to vote unsure. I am troubled by the Judge not allowing a Peremptory Strike by the State and the Defense. I thought those were"freebees". To be used at will by the party.
I see him being more lenient to the DT than the State, and that is worrisome. He is certainly more harsh with the SA.
It bothers me greatly.
I have like everyone else have waited since DAY 31...for justice for Caylee. Please, don't let us go through this again. Let the first time be right and the only time.

I still give this judge an A plus plus plus.

Anyone having to work with this defense team deserves this grade.

He has had to DO THEIR JOBS...over and over and over again in educating on the law before questioning.

He is about justice and legal system...and he is doing and has done all he can to keep this case on schedule and see it come to it's fruition.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PLUS!

I am so glad for Caylee that she has Judge Perry presiding over this case. I just love how he is so devoted unlike her family.

Many thanks to Judge Perry's family also, they have to be so understanding for him to be so tied up for so long on this case. Justice for Caylee.

all I can say is....my stellar opinion of HHJP fell a bit towards earth yesterday with miss juror and the Strike That Could Not Be. I am hoping that as he has years of experience that he knows what he is doing and has a sense for PJs that I do not. I do not believe he wants the jury to hang. He must know what he is doing?

Just jumping in off of your post. :)

Can someone please tell me where to find the postings regarding HHJP being short with JA regarding the pot.juror who can't judge others? I'd try to find, but am in a world of hurt due to dental issues and I have no idea where to find and I missed it when it happened. If someone could give me the day and approximate time, I would sure appreciate it greatly.

Thanks guys! :blowkiss:

ETA: Or if anyone can point the way to a youtube of said event...would be even better! Tanks! :)

Hey, 12 jurors in six days! I heard "experts" suggesting a month and a half... I'm still very pleased with my "A" rating. :)

But we haven't got 12 yet. Yes 12 has passed round 2 but they could all be struck before being sworn and we would be down to 0 again. Although I think it is unlikely that all 12 will be struck, I feel a few of them may be.

Yup, I too give him an "A"...He has the right amount of patience, in the worst of circumstances...He has shown that he Is In Charge of his courtroom and wants to play by the rules 100%...A "No nonsense" kind of leader, to get the job done...However, he gets my sympathy in having to teach Mr. Baez the practice of law, repeatedly...

Judge Perry is trying to get this phase done as quickly and efficiently as he can. Last Tuesday I would of thought he could never pull this off by trial date. If he can't succeed by Tuesday, I don't think it will be much longer than that date to get this trial started. He may just pull it off once we are on Judge Perry's time. Cheering for the Judge.

I have to go with a C grading.. straight up the middle. While I do savor his blunt decisiveness at times, in the back of my mind I am acutely aware of his time and budget constraints actively pressuring his course of decision making, bordering on the haphazard impulsive line showing poorer judgement than perhaps previous in his career. This may be a first for HHJP to be observed performing under Florida State budget duress in which he appears to be desperate to meet a deadline. I am worried. There are a few that made it thru that I cannot believe did. JMO. And OT, Can I add that D Simms totally looks like Steven Tyler of Aerosmith/American Idol that every time I see her the song "Janie's Got A gun" plays in my head? Creepy? Yeah, I know.
What a circus freak show the DT is.

I have to go with a C grading.. straight up the middle. While I do savor his blunt decisiveness at times, in the back of my mind I am acutely aware of his time and budget constraints actively pressuring his course of decision making, bordering on the haphazard impulsive line showing poorer judgement than perhaps previous in his career. This may be a first for HHJP to be observed performing under Florida State budget duress in which he appears to be desperate to meet a deadline. I am worried. There are a few that made it thru that I cannot believe did. JMO. And OT, Can I add that D Simms totally looks like Steven Tyler of Aerosmith/American Idol that every time I see her the song "Janie's Got A gun" plays in my head? Creepy? Yeah, I know.
What a circus freak show the DT is.

As hard as it is to say this, I am leaning towards your stance. Emotionally, I want to give him an A+. I LOVE him and I know he is sincerely working on Caylee's behalf. But I agree that there was some hurried sloppiness that occurred and could still wreak havoc in the end. I sure hope not. I hOPE he gives them their legal rights to back strike and takes however long needed to seat a PROPER JURY.

I gave him a B only because I think he lets both sides (mainly the defense) ramble on and on when they already know the potential is going to be excused. I know he's only doing his job, but it bothers me. Lord only knows what's going to happen during the 2nd phase?

MOO

Mel

I gave him a B for that very reason. I think the Judge has done a great job. But the ramblings could be cut down a wee wittle bit. ;)

As hard as it is to say this, I am leaning towards your stance. Emotionally, I want to give him an A+. I LOVE him and I know he is sincerely working on Caylee's behalf. But I agree that there was some hurried sloppiness that occurred and could still wreak havoc in the end. I sure hope not. I hOPE he gives them their legal rights to back strike and takes however long needed to seat a PROPER JURY.

What started out as a driving force has driveled into sloppy seconds in my estimation. His cute poochy lips in thought, his swift decisions and his syrupy, charming southern drawl which had stricken me in the beginning as a positive and solid presence.. has dwindled to borderline confidence in his capability or standards. I feel his professionalism as a judge has been usurped by the budget constraints, and he has chosen this route as to not delay the trial.

What started out as a driving force has driveled into sloppy seconds in my estimation. His cute poochy lips in thought, his swift decisions and his syrupy, charming southern drawl which had stricken me in the beginning as a positive and solid presence.. has dwindled to borderline confidence in his capability or standards. I feel his professionalism as a judge has been usurped by the budget constraints, and he has chosen this route as to not delay the trial.

However, in his Honor's defense, I must remind you he has a great record. He has not been overturned as far as I know. Or maybe once or something. And I think he has presided over nearly 30 cases ending in the DP. So he does know what he is doing in the end. It may look haphazard to us right now, because of the pressure of the budget constraints and time pressures, but I still believe it is ordered chaos. And I think he still has a firm hand on the reins. This is not his first rodeo. imoo

However, in his Honor's defense, I must remind you he has a great record. He has not been overturned as far as I know. Or maybe once or something. And I think he has presided over nearly 30 cases ending in the DP. So he does know what he is doing in the end. It may look haphazard to us right now, because of the pressure of the budget constraints and time pressures, but I still believe it is ordered chaos. And I think he still has a firm hand on the reins. This is not his first rodeo. imoo
I totally agree that his record proceeds him, which sickens me to think that this trial...said to be larger than the OJ trial, may be larger than HHJP and his spotless record can endure. I believe some of his decisions have been reckless.

judge Perry
has had a tough time controlling the outbursts and silly requests[ come on!
ban lip readers or keep cams off of their faces?]:floorlaugh:
so in spite of all the adverse actions this far...

he is AWSOME!!!!:rocker:

He and his delusional defense team really have stalled for time and got an extra day and win in many of their motions.

I really like that he is concerned for the jury. He does not want this to drag on, and make those poor people sit around forever. Most of them have already had to put their lives on hold for this past week.

I trust him. I think he knows what he is doing. :twocents:

After this week, I sadly had to vote unsure. I am troubled by the Judge not allowing a Peremptory Strike by the State and the Defense. I thought those were"freebees". To be used at will by the party.
I see him being more lenient to the DT than the State, and that is worrisome. He is certainly more harsh with the SA.
It bothers me greatly.
I have like everyone else have waited since DAY 31...for justice for Caylee. Please, don't let us go through this again. Let the first time be right and the only time.

I think he was only hoping to stop the whining fest.
And will show who is the JUDGE this week when it actaully gets going.
If he had been tougher, it would be this time next year for it to start.
People who Rock the Boat need to get a paddle.....:crazy:

I have to give the Judge an F! He has been to easy from the beginning, allowing informal dress, gum chewing, outbursts, and many more things against court room rules. Those rules should have been upheld from the start, not just during the trial. The other problem I have with this Judge is; when one of the lawyer asked if they were going to have lunches catered, the Judge stated that he worked for so, and so. He than had to be sure to state with an ugly look on his face, that they had to take a 3% cut in pay (boohoo). Than this Judge goes on to ask each potential juror, IF THEY HAVE VACATION TIME they can use to serve on this jury. Really Judge, you make a huge salery, have a problem with taking a pay cut, but expect the average person who is barely making it in these times, to use all their vacation time for Casey Anthony. This Judge deserves an F just for his attitude towards those beneath him. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties