What is going on between Baez and Casey?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
During one of the breaks on Friday, there was another instance of ICA 'lecturing' JB on something. I'm still looking for the video spot to provide a link, but it was very obvious she was not happy with what had just happened and he was basically waving her off and discounting her complaints.

Looking, looking and will post as soon as I find it.

Gen

Interesting point. I wonder how ICA will turn on JB when this is all over? Can you imagine what she will be accusing him of? If I were JB I'd watch my back.

Totally agree with you!!
:clap:

I think things are really going to heat up when ICA decides that JB is spending too much time grandstanding in front of the courthouse. She expects to be the center of attention, rational or no.

MOO

I think that whole arguing bit back during Jury selection had to do with accusing GA of abuse. I just can't decide whose idea it was - JB or ica? I think as her defense attorney he is throwing a "hail mary pass" to try and save her butt from the dp. I think he thinks she is "nuts", was fooled by her just like the rest and dislikes her just as much as everyone else. If she doesn't get off she will appeal with someone new and call him incompetent and accuse him of improper behavior. If I was him I would do the best I could and then get the heck out of Dodge.

I respectfully disagree - I think she was bored and wanted to be entertained and to flirt and socialize and all JB wanted to do was work and be serious - her "I want to be out of here" (paraphrasing) was not funny to JB. I think he was surprised that she was not taking jury selection more seriously.

What exactly does that have to do with his abilities as an attorney? All that was was Nancy Grace being jealous of Baez being in the limelight more than her.

NG jealous of JB? Let's see, she has spent years as a very successful prosecutor, has her own Nationally syndicated TV show and is well respected by others in her profession..... JB not so much.
It took years for the Fla Bar to allow him to practice law, his only other capital case is now suing him for ineffective counsel, all the legal commentators I have heard/read this week have been incredulous at his catastrophic mistakes and his arrogance.
There would really be NO cause for jealousy of him.

It is this whole trial thing that is making her feel so important. She's busy, gets out of her cell, she's on national TV, makes all the newspapers, blah blah yadda yadda.When this is all over, it's going to be a rude awakening. JB has been at her side and has come rushing in just like Lancelot when things got really hard for KC. She's been in a cell to herself, and hasn't had to figure out how to act in genpop (yet). Who knows what's in her mind? Who cares? As far as she's concerned she's the center of attention--just the way she likes it. It will come to an abrupt halt in the not too distant future. JB will move on with other clients (if he gets any business), as will the other attorneys on her team, if she gets LWOP she will have to "bring herself down" to the level of the other women. No special treatment. Just another number. No dudes to sleep around with, no hot body contests, no booze, no car.

OOOH, how about this one!!! In prison, the inmates HAVE TO HAVE A JOB!!! That is too funny! A rude awakening indeed!

I think that whole arguing bit back during Jury selection had to do with accusing GA of abuse. I just can't decide whose idea it was - JB or ica? I think as her defense attorney he is throwing a "hail mary pass" to try and save her butt from the dp. I think he thinks she is "nuts", was fooled by her just like the rest and dislikes her just as much as everyone else. If she doesn't get off she will appeal with someone new and call him incompetent and accuse him of improper behavior. If I was him I would do the best I could and then get the heck out of Dodge.

bbm
IMO it is Casey and Baez has to make it work.

NG jealous of JB? Let's see, she has spent years as a very successful prosecutor, has her own Nationally syndicated TV show and is well respected by others in her profession..... JB not so much.
It took years for the Fla Bar to allow him to practice law, his only other capital case is now suing him for ineffective counsel, all the legal commentators I have heard/read this week have been incredulous at his catastrophic mistakes and his arrogance.
There would really be NO cause for jealousy of him.

NG jealous of JB? Highly doubtful. I saw this on Twitter just awhile ago; no doubt this has probably appeared on Websleuths already, but I'm a newbie here so forgive me if this is redundant:
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/may/03/casey-anthonys-lawyer-jose-baez-rejected-florida-b/
:twocents:

Interesting point. I wonder how ICA will turn on JB when this is all over? Can you imagine what she will be accusing him of? If I were JB I'd watch my back.

I agree. I would not be surprised and I think Baez is well aware of the possibility that Case may accuse him of inappropriate behavior or conduct...
In the past, the OC Corrections staff has warned Baez, iirc, 2x, of inappropriate touching when he visited her in jail....

IDK but it's odd. I know defendants are supposed to help with their defense but ICA doesn't act/appear like a defendant - She acts like a paralegal. And DT treats her more like she's a paralegal. When the jury is leaving the courtroom and ICA starts talking away to JB, he slightly freezes, leans in her direction and listens, usually doesn't respond to whatever she said, all the while he is trying to appear like a Defense attorney of a high profile DP case as the Jury leaves the room.
I really want to know what she is saying. Is it important, does it make any sense or is it trivial? This is driving me nuts. What is she saying? Truth be known, she is probably driving them crazy.

I think Jose is now fully aware of how volatile Casey is. It would not surprise me if he is considering the allegations that are likely to come his way in the event the case does not proceed to Casey's liking.

I don't think Baez is particularly intelligent but I do think he has a type of street smarts, sort of like a smarmy huckster/salesman. He has to know deep down that after she is convicted he will be accused of having an innapropriate relationship with her. He has an ugly, ugly future.

I agree. I would not be surprised and I think Baez is well aware of the possibility that Case may accuse him of inappropriate behavior or conduct...
In the past, the OC Corrections staff has warned Baez, iirc, 2x, of inappropriate touching when he visited her in jail....

Thanks for this I had almost forgotten it!!!!!

Baez married at age 17 in the 80s. I wonder if his daughter is about Casey's age.

During one of the breaks on Friday, there was another instance of ICA 'lecturing' JB on something. I'm still looking for the video spot to provide a link, but it was very obvious she was not happy with what had just happened and he was basically waving her off and discounting her complaints.

Looking, looking and will post as soon as I find it.

Gen

I remember a couple of those events, so I'm probably thinking of the same one. He was trying very hard to keep from engaging her. In the incident I'm thinking of, he even picked up a book at one point and opened it up as though he was trying to read (quickly!) and she just never stopped yakking. You could tell he was trying to get her off his back, but I think DCS had done her share of babysitting for the day and was letting him have his turn. :floorlaugh: My wife and I nearly spit coffee all over the room!

He did something similar after CA had her turn to the side for her "weight evaluation," and threw out the comment about how she wasn't "quite" (I think, can't remember exactly) as big as in the wedding picture. She was heading for a four-alarm meltdown right there. She started with DCS, but then turned to JB and started swatting him on the arm (by the way, I believe about now he is ready to rip that bony hand off with all that swattin'!) and getting very animated. Naturally, CA's testimony was continuing, and JB looked genuinely concerned, wide-eyed, trying to ignore her, realizing that the jury was watching and hoping she'd stop. If it all wasn't so tragic, it would be funny.

Yes and everyone will believe Casey if she accuses JB because she is so honest.

I don't think Baez is particularly intelligent but I do think he has a type of street smarts, sort of like a smarmy huckster/salesman. He has to know deep down that after she is convicted he will be accused of having an innapropriate relationship with her. He has an ugly, ugly future.

Somehow I read this as "sort of like a smarmy HAMSTER." And you know, I could see it!

Tink

I think we'll hear a lot from Casey over the next several years; she will be one those "lifers" (even if on death row, as that will go on for decades) who files complaints about the food, about petty medical issues, lack of a feathered pillow or a down comforter, etc...she has been used to a life of comforts with little or no effort and prison will be a shock to her system. She will blame her parents for "not getting her out there" and she will do what she can to blame JB, but he will have moved on.

The saddest thing to me is that Cindy and George can never move on. They don't even get to begin grieve properly when the trial is over, they will be dealing with Casey for the rest of their lives, most likely and since the murderer of their beloved grandchild is also their only daughter, they won't be able to gain that sense of satisfaction that some families get from seeing the killer "pay." The rest of their lives are bound to be full of grief and I wonder if there will ever be a time when they will be able to remember Caylee with joy and think, probably not, thanks to Casey.

Yes and everyone will believe Casey if she accuses JB because she is so honest.

Yeah, but then again there are the jail records of telling him not to touch her and the news films of various hearing that show their body language and how he acted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J_M_U
Back