What is LP real role in this case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
jmo - LP's role in this case is to make somebody very nervous.

i am a little confused, and annoyed and many other things by all this carp....

If Misty has already admitted that she will trade info on HaLeigh to LP, to get a lessor charge or to be on house arrest, whatever, but IF LE has this on tape, Misty saying this, isn't there something they could do? I don't know.....I would think that LE could do something to make her talk.

Shoot, she could promise all kinds of stuff... doesn't have to be the truth. [iirc, at the time of that tape, she was not aware of his stipulations.]

I think personally, if LE said Misty you need to give all the info you have on HaLeigh NOW, IF you don't you will be charged with the murder of HaLeigh, and let her stew on that a bit, see if she sings, JMO

jmo - I'm sure they told her that back in February when they were questioning her. She got mad, walked out, had a wedding, and flew up to New York City with her handsome "catch".

(Guess somebody kinda misunderstood that marital privilege stuff. o/l)

I have followed the Caylee case since day one and there is a bit of comparison between the Caylee case and Haleigh case.
IMO I think the problem is that LE dose not have the evidence in the Haleigh case as they do with the Caylee case. Casey's car was full of decomposition and LE knew early on that Caylee was no longer alive. They had no body (Until Dec), but they had/have "LOTS" of other evidence that at the time proved that Caylee was no longer alive.
I think in the Haleigh case LE dose not have anything to indicate that Haleigh is no longer alive except for the fact that she can not be found. I always wonder about that dumpster, I don't care what they say to the public or media...3 darn dogs hit on that dumpster. I try to read between the lines when LE dose share any information, the last statement gave me the indication that LE no longer believes Haleigh is alive, but they just don't have enough physical evidence and I think that is why we have not seen Misty-Ron charged yet for murder/child endangerment. IMO, we will see some charges on her and Ron after these drug charges are heard. JMO Though.

I have followed the Caylee case since day one and there is a bit of comparison between the Caylee case and Haleigh case.
IMO I think the problem is that LE dose not have the evidence in the Haleigh case as they do with the Caylee case. Casey's car was full of decomposition and LE knew early on that Caylee was no longer alive. They had no body (Until Dec), but they had/have "LOTS" of other evidence that at the time proved that Caylee was no longer alive.
I think in the Haleigh case LE dose not have anything to indicate that Haleigh is no longer alive except for the fact that she can not be found. I always wonder about that dumpster, I don't care what they say to the public or media...3 darn dogs hit on that dumpster. I try to read between the lines when LE dose share any information, the last statement gave me the indication that LE no longer believes Haleigh is alive, but they just don't have enough physical evidence and I think that is why we have not seen Misty-Ron charged yet for murder/child endangerment. IMO, we will see some charges on her and Ron after these drug charges are heard. JMO Though.

lol - from the frustration I think I'm detecting in your post, I am so glad that I didn't follow the KC case.

That said, I won't be surprised if there are some collateral charges that have names you might recognize from the KC stuff.

cripes, I'm seeing another year of my life shot to hail on the internet with all the legal carp yet to come.

Listened to the last tape just now. RC, getting out the vehicle, states he get some tomorrow as the person is going to the VA. I hope my ears were working well. Did anyone else catch that?

It looks like Misty might have changed her mind about Leonard's offer, per her attorney...

Croslin’s attorney, Robert Fields, has written Padilla a letter to back off.

Fields said Padilla wants to question Croslin, then decide if he will arrange a bond.

“If he likes the answers, he will bail her out,” he said. “It’s a license to interrogate.”

In conversations with her parents, Croslin has asked that they maintain contact with Padilla, who came to southern Putnam County when Haleigh disappeared.

Fields said Croslin has changed her mind.

“Hearing his [Padilla’s] conditions she doesn’t want to do it
,” he said.

Fields said he would be willing to accept help with her bail if the offer came with no strings attached.

Padilla said he does not believe Croslin was asleep, as she said she was, when Haleigh disappeared.

More at link...

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...o_new_charges_added_to_misty_croslin_in_court

Do these attorneys not listen to themselves? How foolish do you have to sound before it reverberates in your own ears? LP is going to bail your client for 1.35 million and you want it to be without strings attached and no Haleigh? It really disgusts me. I guess Misty will either decide to talk, or listen to her attorney who couldn't even come close to raising this bail, providing her with a place to stay etc. Maybe in an another month when the scabies starts or other diseases that Casey Anthony found out about in prison, she will become a little more talkative.

And it makes me wonder exactly why it is that Fields won't let Misty tell what happened to Haleigh. The implication too great? Sad to think a child is lying out there somewhere and the people that should care are trying to save their own hides.

Listened to the last tape just now. RC, getting out the vehicle, states he get some tomorrow as the person is going to the VA. I hope my ears were working well. Did anyone else catch that?

Yep, I even brought this up on Simon's radio show yesterday and they refused to talk about Ron for some reason. I almost called in but TJ was in a foul mood last time I called, so I just sat back and listened to a bunch of nothing...
Misty is up front first picking her nose how gross:sick:. Ron is in the back seat with Hope running his mouth. Ron ask the UC if he needs Roxies that he can get them, he guarantees he can get more drugs for the UC. Ron tells the UC that "HE IS GOING TO THE VA TOMORROW FOR MORE DRUGS"..Reffering to this person he is getting the drugs from. Sounds to me like the person Ron is referring to is a male that is retired military, which now makes me wonder if maybe DB was their undercover mama after all?

I am not sure what LE and LP are doing with this case. Misty has a LAWYER. He is no doubt advising her that any time she will get on the drug charges is nothing compared to what she will get if she is involved with Haleigh's death or coverup, even with a deal. I am sure he is telling her not to talk. She is a whole lot tougher imo than she appears. I don't think she'll talk.

Do these attorneys not listen to themselves? How foolish do you have to sound before it reverberates in your own ears? LP is going to bail your client for 1.35 million and you want it to be without strings attached and no Haleigh? It really disgusts me. I guess Misty will either decide to talk, or listen to her attorney who couldn't even come close to raising this bail, providing her with a place to stay etc. Maybe in an another month when the scabies starts or other diseases that Casey Anthony found out about in prison, she will become a little more talkative.

And it makes me wonder exactly why it is that Fields won't let Misty tell what happened to Haleigh. [/B]The implication too great? Sad to think a child is lying out there somewhere and the people that should care are trying to save their own hides.

:furious:It really burns me up to grandmaj! There are so many laws that protect criminals and no laws that protect victims.:furious:

I don't think we will ever see our laws changed...it would take something tragic to happen to the families of most our legislators before our laws change in favor of the "Victims".:furious:
I know RF said Misty changed her mind and doesn't want anything to do with LP, but I find that hard to believe. Why would he send LP a CD letter? A second one today. I am sure RF is trying to do his job in protecting his client...but if I recall Misty did not follow his advice in the past and I think she will not follow his advice now. Maybe for a little bit, but she wants out of the jail bad and unless RF gets her out, she will fire him and get LP to bond her out. But that is JMO.

Lets wait and see...I am glad that she has to sit in jail to begin with, but knowing that she could get out and her attorney advices her against it...well her head must be spinning on top of all the detox going on.
She will reach out to LP if not already, he did put money on her account and I thought Lisa gave her the number...I think she will...I hope she dose anyway.

If RF didn't advise Misty to spill it all a long time ago, I'm thinking it's probably because his client is or he believes that she is heavily implicated in whatever happened to Haleigh. LP is not the prosecutor and can't make deals with her, so...

I find myself wondering if Misty has even told her lawyer what she knows or doesn't know? How do the lawyers know what they really have as a bargaining tool if the client doesn't tell them anything?

I don't know why Misty's attorney couldn't have at least met with Lenny P to see what they could come up with together. He wouldn't even talk to Lenny.

I don't know why Misty's attorney couldn't have at least met with Lenny P to see what they could come up with together. He wouldn't even talk to Lenny.

I think RFields used very good judgment in not talking to LP. He probably didn't want to see his name thrown around on the NG show and being quoted as making statements that he never made.

In the tapes to her ma MC seemed desperate to get out. I understand that she hasn't been consisent (that word again) but me personally, and don't throw rocks at me, she convinced me that she knows something. If not where Haleigh is, then some kind of answers like who was really there that night, or she really did leave the kids alone...or left the kids with someone else and she has a name....something. I am convinced that she definitely knows something about that night that she hasn't ever told LE. I think she may have told RF, considering the desperation in those calls (not even able to consider the redactions).

Beyond the whole "Implicate yourself in whatever may have happened to Haleigh (since no one believes she doesn't know)"? It would be foolishness. Since LP was adamant that the stipulation for his bailing her out was that she told him exactly what had happened to Haleigh, it seems by action it would be cause to arrest her.

JMO and all that jazz.

And it makes me wonder exactly why it is that Fields won't let Misty tell what happened to Haleigh. The implication too great? Sad to think a child is lying out there somewhere and the people that should care are trying to save their own hides.

I'm going to take a stab at this one. If Misty is going to talk, Mr. Fields wants it to be to her full advantage. He will take the information to the DA and get the best possible deal for her. That is his job.

Padilla has tried to assure Mr. Fields that everything Misty tells him (per the arrangement) will be confidential and he will be bound by the attorney client privilege once Mr. Fields hires him (Padilla) as an agent to work for him in this endeavor.

Simply, I don't think Fields is buying it. Padilla is sure to go before the media and although he may not say exactly what Misty told him, he might come just short of it. I think perhaps Fields does not trust LP to keep the information confidential.

I just wonder if Padilla would be willing to bond Misty out if Fields works something out with the DA. Padilla wouldn't be a big hero before the fact, but he would still get publicity. My guess is that Padilla will bail her out if she talks, whether it's through the route Padilla wants or through Fields.

Is it right, is it fair to Haleigh? No. None of it is, but that's where we are now and one little, smart mouthed, barely 18 year old girl holds a lot of the answers.

I find myself wondering if Misty has even told her lawyer what she knows or doesn't know? How do the lawyers know what they really have as a bargaining tool if the client doesn't tell them anything?

What they have to bargain is only what their client gives them. It's basically up to the client and how bad they want out of a situation. It won't be the fault of Fields if Misty doesn't give him anything to work with on these charges. I will guarantee you, Fields is not enjoying this case IMO.

BTW, I don't know Robbie (as LFlorida refers to him), but from what I've seen of Misty, she would be one huge headache as a client.

Okay legal eagles:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22639438/detail.html

Since RF is not Hank and Lisa's lawyer - can he really tell LP not to speak with them just because they happen to be Misty's parents ? Or even Tommy for that matter ?

You know - RF tried this same tactic with Ron when the divorce was finalized if you recall, he issued a little statement that Ron could not talk to Misty except through him, which was obviously a complete failure and we never heard him sqwak about that.

Okay legal eagles:

Since RF is not Hank and Lisa's lawyer - can he really tell LP not to speak with them just because they happen to be Misty's parents ? Or even Tommy for that matter ?

You know - RF tried this same tactic with Ron when the divorce was finalized if you recall, he issued a little statement that Ron could not talk to Misty except through him, which was obviously a complete failure and we never heard him sqwak about that.

BBM That made me snort in an unladylike way.

Why do you think he is doing this for her? Is he related to them in some way? He's not even seeking media attention for it.

Edit-I just looked him up. Is he Robert M. Fields? he's cuuute. Younger than I thought.

Okay legal eagles:

The key word here, RC, is "ask".

"Cummings' lawyer sent a letter to Padilla in California asking him to cease and desist from contacting Cummings."

At this point, that's all he can do. And advise Misty and her family not to speak with LP, but he can't stop them if they choose to do so. LP has not done anything so far that would warrant legal action, and the C&D letter is a warning for him to back off before he does. Only a court could order LP to steer clear of the Croslins, and there would have to be grounds. It's the right move on RF's part, IM unprofessional O, as an attorney acting in his client's best interest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back