What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
There hasn't been much on this case lately. Outside of Ron shooing away the Anthonys, and a recent vigil for Haleigh, it's been pretty quiet.
However I'm been thinking of an answer to this thread's question - What is Misty hiding.
I think what she is hiding is the reason Ron decided to marry her in such a short time after his daughter went missing.
Everyone seems to be trying to come up with the reason Ron made Misty his wife. I'm thinking maybe Ron had no other choice. Perhaps that wedding ring is a reward for Misty keeping quiet because she does know what happened the night Haleigh disappeared. Maybe she knows something very incriminating about Ron and his family or buddies. In return for her silence, Ron agrees to marry her.
Just thinking!

There hasn't been much on this case lately. Outside of Ron shooing away the Anthonys, and a recent vigil for Haleigh, it's been pretty quiet.
However I'm been thinking of an answer to this thread's question - What is Misty hiding.
I think what she is hiding is the reason Ron decided to marry her in such a short time after his daughter went missing.
Everyone seems to be trying to come up with the reason Ron made Misty his wife. I'm thinking maybe Ron had no other choice. Perhaps that wedding ring is a reward for Misty keeping quiet because she does know what happened the night Haleigh disappeared. Maybe she knows something very incriminating about Ron and his family or buddies. In return for her silence, Ron agrees to marry her.
Just thinking!

I still think about and pray for sweet Haleigh every day.
Your post perfectly sums up my thoughts on the marriage.
Misty has probably wanted to marry Ron (her Prize) from the beginning.
Ron grants her "wish" in exchange for _______ ???
Fill in the blank.......her silence? her support?
JMO

What happened to Haleigh???!!!!! :mad:

I know it's no one's business what people wear to their weddings, but the general snub of convention bothers some people and can be a sign of their disordered thinking. Why start out conventional and announce an actual proposal and have a reception only to wear something that most people would wear to the beach or mowing the yard... People who could care less about some things such as doing drugs think they can do anything and it doesn't matter. After reading about NayNay and Amber with their association to Misti and much older men I'm beginning to wonder if there wasn't something else besides partying going on and why Ron would even want to marry someone who does this and have her around his son. How she looked on GMA shows her disordered thinking IMO and shows that she could care less.

***Bolded by me***

Snub of whose convention? Yours? Mine? Theirs? The Rockefellers? C'mon, bend a little here. He tried to be romantic and propose on bended knee and got slammed here and in other forums because people alleged it was based on artifice rather than true sentiment. So they have a down-home Southern, let's just say it, redneck, wedding at which they appear very comfortable with their friends and relatives, very much in their comfort zone, yet still trying to make it appear as nice as possible, and even then they can't get it right to some critics? These are all just people living their lives, and we don't yet know the facts of Haleigh's disappearance. We muse, we surmise and debate, but at the end of the day we are still without truth. Disordered thinking? Based on a casual outdoor wedding and an appearance on daytime TV? What is that, anyway, disordered thinking? I am trying to understand the psychology of these people involved, as that is what interests me in these cases, far more than cell phone pings and other technical issues. I try to understand it from the point of view of the witness, the victim, the perpetrator, get the whole spectrum of emotion and motivation, and I find that by imposing my or anyone else's conventions or dogmas only further deters me from the truth of the matter.

And I apologize if this comes off as harsh, as I don't mean it to be. But I really think we do lose focus on some very important issues in this way.

I still think about and pray for sweet Haleigh every day.
Your post perfectly sums up my thoughts on the marriage.
Misty has probably wanted to marry Ron (her Prize) from the beginning.
Ron grants her "wish" in exchange for _______ ???
Fill in the blank.......her silence? her support?
JMO

What happened to Haleigh???!!!!! :mad:
I agree with you and azwriter. I'm sure that the police are on to this fact too. There's nothing right about a wedding when a 5 year old daughter is missing. I don't care if Haleigh did want them to get married, it's still no excuse not to wait until Haleigh got home safe to get engaged and married so that Haleigh could be a part of the festivities. I wouldn't even want to watch a movie that Haleigh wanted to see if she was my daughter. I would feel like I was betraying her . . . so I definitely wouldn't be having a wedding ceremony in the mix. It has to be an exchange, as you say, for silence. I don't really trust Ron anyway. His tears always seemed fake to me. Misty's tears seemed more like real tears, at least in the beginning.

I'm still hoping that Haleigh is out there alive. I don't think the forensic astrology charts go in that direction though or at least they didn't in the beginning.

Prayers going out to all missing children and their familes from New Jersey.

misty said she woke up to find the light on...its more like she got home and noticed the light was on, and the baby gone. The timing is right..she would have arrived home just before ron so he wouldn't know she was out. she called ron just as he was pulling in the driveway..

What is Misty hiding?

The Truth.

moo

Yosande that is the most accurate statement I have seen about Misty.

I agree completely.

I will agree with the other posters that have said she may not know the truth but is still hiding it, or she may know the truth and is consciously hiding it.

LE has never wavered in it's assertion that Misty is the key. We can interpret that in many ways, but I think the best interpretation is that Misty is the key to the truth~~~whether she knows it and realizes it or not.

JMHO

I don't see how she can hide the truth from LE when they should have evidence collected from the scene and been able to build a case. Casey Anthony has hidden the truth and yet they still had enough evidence to bring the charge of First Degree Murder against her. They didn't allow Casey's lies or lack of cooperation to thwart their investigation. It means they have found nothing against Misty.

That's a thought. This is probably true they haven't found anything against Misty, it doesn't mean she isn't holding on to something she may or may not know. I'll stick with LE for now, they are saying she is the key...one way or another.

That's a thought. This is probably true they haven't found anything against Misty, it doesn't mean she isn't holding on to something she may or may not know. I'll stick with LE for now, they are saying she is the key...one way or another.

Not to nitpick... (really :)) but LE is saying Misty is the key to the timeline, not the entire case. She isn't considered a suspect, at least as far as LE is saying.

"Captain Schauland told First Coast News Friday, "I would not list Misty as a suspect. We just want to get the timeline straightened out. Our most important thing is finding Haleigh. That's more important than anything else. And Misty's the key to that."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&catid=295

It's okay to nitpick artherella I should have said that myself. Yes that's what I meant, the timeline. Thank you very much :)

Nothing. She has told everything she knows. She was asleep.
When she awoke, HaLeigh was gone.

The timeline and possibly the location of whatever crime was committed.

The timeline and possibly the location of whatever crime was committed.

I agree. I go with what LE has stated - every time.

:cool2:............it is so bright upstairs! I usually stayed in the basement in reference to this case.

Guess I just believe that Ronald knows what happened to Haleigh, and it is clear that Misty does not intend to clear up her timeline inconsistances. I just cannot get past that.

Misty is not telling everything she knows with regard to what happened that day. If she were, there would be no inconsistencies with a timeline.

debs: ITA!!!! i would much rather like to think she was abducted than hurt by a family member, but i just can't seem to make it make sense. I can't even make it make sense that a family member has her. I am trying to keep an open mind about the whole case, i am just finding it harder and harder with all the inconsistencies, and the very strange actions of MC & RC.

I don't see how she can hide the truth from LE when they should have evidence collected from the scene and been able to build a case. Casey Anthony has hidden the truth and yet they still had enough evidence to bring the charge of First Degree Murder against her. They didn't allow Casey's lies or lack of cooperation to thwart their investigation. It means they have found nothing against Misty.

Misty wasn't driving around in a car with decomposition odor in it, either. That nailed Casey along with her lies from the first day.

I don't know if the timeline is the only inconsistency there is. We simply don't know what the interrogations have revealed. LE can say anything at this point.

Wait! MC is guilty because she was proud of her engagement ring and smiling on her wedding day? She and RC are both guilty because they went out to eat at Chili's for TN's birthday and he proposed to her there, in public?

Lisa C stated that RC and MC have been asking for Hank and Lisa'a permission to marry for 5 months, even before MC turned 17 years of age. Her parents would not consent. Why did they marry when they did? I have stated 100 times over the obvious - to keep RC from being charged with a sex crime, going to jail, being labeled an RSO and losing his children for life.

HaLeigh wouldn't have wanted that for her Daddy.

Everyone in their families say that the 2 were in love. I think marriage was on the agenda anyway, so they just went ahead and did it before any charges could be brought.

This is my opinion.

Wait! MC is guilty because she was proud of her engagement ring and smiling on her wedding day? She and RC are both guilty because they went out to eat at Chili's for TN's birthday and he proposed to her there, in public?

Lisa C stated that RC and MC have been asking for Hank and Lisa'a permission to marry for 5 months, even before MC turned 17 years of age. Her parents would not consent. Why did they marry when they did? I have stated 100 times over the obvious - to keep RC from being charged with a sex crime, going to jail, being labeled an RSO and losing his children for life.

HaLeigh wouldn't have wanted that for her Daddy.

Everyone in their families say that the 2 were in love. I think marriage was on the agenda anyway, so they just went ahead and did it before any charges could be brought.

This is my opinion.

BBM.... if that's the reason, then perhaps Ron should have thought of all that before he moved a then-16-y.o. girl in with him to start with?
People can tiptoe around this all day if they want to, but she didn't move in as the live-in babysitter, because it would STILL be improper... there was no wife or mother living there, she was living with a grown man.
I can't believe her parents didn't protest anyway, but does it make it alright to let her marry a man 8 years older than she is, because his daughter is missing, and she wouldn't want to see her Daddy arrested? Well, what if she had not gone missing? I'm sorry, I know that's your opinion, I just happen to disagree with it. And if Ron was in love on the day he got the marriage license, or the day of the wedding, then I'm a monkey's uncle!! Somebody pressured him into it... I would bet on it!

It is hard to comprehend a 24 yr. old male bringing a 16 yr. old female to stay and have a relationship with him in his home and, BTW, watch his children all through the night. Any other case, we know what we call this....why the tip-toeing?

He married to avoid jail...some may have to face the facts. Some people condone his behavior and give him a pass, saying they have wanted to wed for months. Since he just met her in about September, maybe later, that sure doesn't add up, unless he planned on getting married the day he met her.

We all are well aware of the term that would label any other male in this situation...It appears we are not allowed to use it on this thread, so I won't. I guess we can agree that just because he shouldhave a label but has managed to avoid it by marrying the child, would be no basis for condemming the man of hurting his first born. That's about the best I can say at the moment.

Due to lack of information, it is difficult to place RC at the scene. Glad to see that others are backing up their conviction with lots of information on possible stranger perps.

What is Misty hiding? Misty may be hiding that she is not as timid, scared, or intimidated as easily as she leads one to believe. She may be a real tough "cookie".

"Misty is the key," said Putnam County Sheriff's Office Captain Dick Schauland. "Misty is the one who was in charge of Haleigh when she went missing so she’s the key as to what’s happened."
http://www.mytvjax.com/mostpopular/...s-Key-in-Haleighs/VIPTYGcyl0Cz9aNCJJvYWQ.cspx

Hardy maintains that Misty Croslin Cummings holds the key to the investigation because she was the last person to see Haleigh on Feb. 9
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...and-believes-Misty-holds-key-to-disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back