What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
BBM.... if that's the reason, then perhaps Ron should have thought of all that before he moved a then-16-y.o. girl in with him to start with?
People can tiptoe around this all day if they want to, but she didn't move in as the live-in babysitter, because it would STILL be improper... there was no wife or mother living there, she was living with a grown man.
I can't believe her parents didn't protest anyway, but does it make it alright to let her marry a man 8 years older than she is, because his daughter is missing, and she wouldn't want to see her Daddy arrested? Well, what if she had not gone missing? I'm sorry, I know that's your opinion, I just happen to disagree with it. And if Ron was in love on the day he got the marriage license, or the day of the wedding, then I'm a monkey's uncle!! Somebody pressured him into it... I would bet on it!

Hank got the wool pulled over his eyes, from the Jacksonville.com news

Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.

Croslin said she was concerned the baby boy was not being cared for properly.

“I told him you need to get your son before something bad happens to him,” she said. Croslin said the two started talking. She was 16 at the time.

Her father, Hank Croslin Sr., told the Times-Union that Cummings told him he was 19 and later that he was 21.

Though Hank Croslin said he was angry at first about the lie, he said it is no longer an issue

Full news story below.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back?page=1

Misty is the key. Speak up, Misty!

Anyone have teenagers?!! Anyone know how long they can pull a lie/story off? Especially if there are people backing that story??

I DON'T think she did "it." I think she knows more and isn't talking... IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.

I was downstairs looking at some posts. There is a video of the Sheriff in a 7 minute conference. In this video, he is asked about the pink shirt found in the MH. His answer is intriguing. It was asked if M found the shirt in the house. The sheriff asked, "Is that what M said to the media?" The answer from reporter was "Yes". He had a blank look. Then a reporter said that one of the detectives said that it was in the house. The Sheriff goes , "Well, if that's what he said, than I am gonna have to live with it".

This could be intrepreted to mean that the shirt was NOT found in the house like Misty said.d

In this news conference he also stated that JO was visiting Misty. It would be interesting to know what car was being used during the visit. Beary won't talk about cars, they tried.

He did clear the closest sex predator though by stating they checked the GPS and he was not at the trailer. Then he added AGAIN, no person is going to be cleared. So that is what they are saying and they're sticking with it!

He left me with the impression that he is interested in JO and that Misty is lying about the pink shirt.

Hank got the wool pulled over his eyes, from the Jacksonville.com news

Full news story below.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back?page=1

I know, Peliman... I just can't imagine parents allowing this on the premise that it's what Haleigh would have wanted, because it could have waited. Why rush it? Had to be another reason.
I'm confused on the laws in FL... can LE press charges anyway if the parents of an underage female do not file a complaint?

:clap:

"Misty is the key," said Putnam County Sheriff's Office Captain Dick Schauland. "Misty is the one who was in charge of Haleigh when she went missing so she’s the key as to what’s happened."
http://www.mytvjax.com/mostpopular/...s-Key-in-Haleighs/VIPTYGcyl0Cz9aNCJJvYWQ.cspx

Hardy maintains that Misty Croslin Cummings holds the key to the investigation because she was the last person to see Haleigh on Feb. 9
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...and-believes-Misty-holds-key-to-disappearance

I know, Peliman... I just can't imagine parents allowing this on the premise that it's what Haleigh would have wanted, because it could have waited. Why rush it? Had to be another reason.
I'm confused on the laws in FL... can LE press charges anyway if the parents of an underage female do not file a complaint?

Hi TxLady, sending good wishes to you and your family. The way I understand the law in Fla. on age of consent if someone falls in those guidelines. Either the girl or parents can file a complaint and it will get investigated. I don't think that occurred, it's probably too late now that the wedding has occured. JMO

I agree. I go with what LE has stated - every time.

:cool2:............it is so bright upstairs! I usually stayed in the basement in reference to this case.

Guess I just believe that Ronald knows what happened to Haleigh, and it is clear that Misty does not intend to clear up her timeline inconsistances. I just cannot get past that.

Well, LaLaw .... I'm still stuck at the MH myself.

waiting.gif
on Misty!

Please stay on the topic of this thread "What is Misty Hiding"

Thanks!

I was downstairs looking at some posts. There is a video of the Sheriff in a 7 minute conference. In this video, he is asked about the pink shirt found in the MH. His answer is intriguing. It was asked if M found the shirt in the house. The sheriff asked, "Is that what M said to the media?" The answer from reporter was "Yes". He had a blank look. Then a reporter said that one of the detectives said that it was in the house. The Sheriff goes , "Well, if that's what he said, than I am gonna have to live with it".

This could be intrepreted to mean that the shirt was NOT found in the house like Misty said.d

In this news conference he also stated that JO was visiting Misty. It would be interesting to know what car was being used during the visit. Beary won't talk about cars, they tried.

He did clear the closest sex predator though by stating they checked the GPS and he was not at the trailer. Then he added AGAIN, no person is going to be cleared. So that is what they are saying and they're sticking with it!

He left me with the impression that he is interested in JO and that Misty is lying about the pink shirt.

Not sure if it is possible but can you post a link to that video or give me a hint where to find it? tia

Seems to me that MC wasn't supposed to say anything about the pink shirt. And, this guy didn't know that Major Somebody had already said that the pink shirt did not leave the house. I think he was wondering who told the media about the pink shirt, period.

Then there is the white haired guy who, when asked "when will this case change from looking for a live HaLeigh versus something else, a deceased HaLeigh?", stated "as long as we know" (oops) "then he quickly stammered "believe" that she is alive . . .

Answering no questions about cuz, but admitted he visited MC. Didn't say when, wouldn't say when cuz left, whether there was an investigation going on in TN or not.

Still questioning Loukatis (sp?)about this case. He violated his 10:00pm - 6:00am curfew. GPS puts him in his "range", he lives within a mile of HaLeigh, 202 is in his "range", but he was somewhere else, so says GPS.

Hmm. 10:00pm. Same time everyone is sleeping and/or getting ready for bed at 202.

Interesting that nothing has changed since that Press Conference. The reason for the complete lack of information was that any information given out about the investigation Might endanger HaLeigh's life and promised that as soon as they could, they would tell more but not until then.

Asking for all tips from anywhere in the country.

Then nothing.

MC seems convinced that cuz is not above suspicion "cause I don't trust him, he's a criminal and been in trouble his whole life". I believe her when she says she was home. LE treating him like a hot potato to the media tells me something and that is that they think he is involved but aren't going to play their hand by letting him know he is numero uno on the list. And they aren't sure about Luckatis yet, but he is in there somewhere.

MC stopped talking to the press after that, didn't she? Probably at the request of LE.

Sounds like a lotta leeway is being given about the pink shirt in the above post. I am sure Hardy would know about the pink shirt and not be totally lost about what M told the press. He looked bewildered to me and his answer also indicates he may not necessarily agree that the pink shirt was in the laundry as stated. "Guess I gotta live with it" indicates a "oops" kind of answer. He tried to avoid it, but was confronted by a reporter who said that another detective said, "Misty said it was in the laundry". His answer of "I guess I'll have to live with it" does not scream he believes it to be true.

The fact that he questioned, "What did Misty say happened?" is telling. His typical response is, "We can not discuss that right now, it is part of the investigation, we are keeping things close to the chest"....

He did not use that this time. He tried to ignore the question but could not. That response was half-hearted, not the way LE typically answers.

Sometimes you can get more by listening to what LE does NOT say than what they do say. Misty knows more than she's telling, I am almost positive.

Very true, TxLady

Does anyone recall the video with Art Harris interviewing Misty and she was asked about RC raising his voice and yelling obscenities at her?

Her response was, "He wasn't talking like that to me, he was talking bad to the lady on the phone".
.................WHAT? Does she live in the state of denial? That was such a blatent misinterpretation that it leaves one to wonder

Snipped from a post of DotsEyes:

<<MC seems convinced that cuz is not above suspicion "cause I don't trust him, he's a criminal and been in trouble his whole life". I believe her when she says she was home. LE treating him like a hot potato to the media tells me something and that is that they think he is involved but aren't going to play their hand by letting him know he is numero uno on the list. And they aren't sure about Luckatis yet, but he is in there somewhere.>>

Upon listening to the interview on the previous page, LE states that they thoroughly checked Lukakis GPS and he was NOT near the MH that night. I think we can eliminate him.

Hi
So they said the pink shirt was in the house?In the laundry pile?Did MC say Haleigh was in her pajamas?were they found in the house?What did they look like?Are the pajamas what Haleigh supposedly wearing when she left the house?Are they still not sure what she was wearing when she left the house?

Hi
So they said the pink shirt was in the house?In the laundry pile?Did MC say Haleigh was in her pajamas?were they found in the house?What did they look like?Are the pajamas what Haleigh supposedly wearing when she left the house?Are they still not sure what she was wearing when she left the house?

Ms. Suzanne on page 7 of Haleigh's forum there is a thread called theories on the PJ's I will try to link it for ya but don't know if I did it right. Lots of info on the pink shirt and jammies though.

Theories re: PJs - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Well, the above by me is my read on the press conference. Just because Luckatis (sp?) wasn't at her home doesn't get him out of the suspect category. LE was still questioning him at the time about HaLeigh's disappearance.

Cuz doesn't know the level of the investigation being conducted on him. That is clear from LE's statements to me. They were jumping through their skin to not point to him or Tennessee.

Let's be glad that Loucatis (sp?) violated and was sent back to prison.

Sorry, I can not give any credibility to anything AHarris writes, therefore things he reports are not considered in my psuedo-analysis of the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back