What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
All those things might be true.....but it is just (if not more) likely that a crime occurred at a location unknown that would implicate Rc and Misty, GGM and TN are covering for him.

Do we have a link for Johnny's statement re: Haleigh getting out of bed, or is this a rumor?

As far as the light being on Johnny stated that Haleigh would often get out of bed and go lay on the couch and watch cartoons. Haleigh could of turned the light on. Haleigh could of also changed her own shirt, she might of gotten a drink and spilled it, was too hot etc. Maybe Haleigh put a different movie in the dvd player if she got up during the night. All these simple things would explain why Misty thought a different movie was in the dvd player, the shirt, the light on.

We don't know what Misty has told LE, she might of given them detailed info on what they ate for dinner, bath time etc. GGMS may have discussed with police what Haleigh had on when she came by. Just because media has not announced all these details does not mean they have not been discussed with LE.

I'm sure they must have been discussed with LE, otherwise LE hasn't done their job. Still, there is something there that caused them to feel dissatisfied with the account.

As for the DVD, I'm not convinced that anyone changed it, and if there is any inconsistency it is why they said it was changed. Might be someone was just mistaken, the names Airbud and Airbuddies are easy to confuse. IIRC, the first story was that they watched Airbud and Madagascar and then came the story that Haleigh had changed the dvd and Airbuddies was on, but there was a video of AS doing the tour in the MH on Firstcoastnews and they showed the dvd player open and the dvd on it was Airbud.

IIRC that dvd player they showed was in the bedroom. I thought the question was about what movie was in the player in the living room. Which should of been Madagascar, but that was not was in the player.
I'm sure they must have been discussed with LE, otherwise LE hasn't done their job. Still, there is something there that caused them to feel dissatisfied with the account.

As for the DVD, I'm not convinced that anyone changed it, and if there is any inconsistency it is why they said it was changed. Might be someone was just mistaken, the names Airbud and Airbuddies are easy to confuse. IIRC, the first story was that they watched Airbud and Madagascar and then came the story that Haleigh had changed the dvd and Airbuddies was on, but there was a video of AS doing the tour in the MH on Firstcoastnews and they showed the dvd player open and the dvd on it was Airbud.

Do we have a link for Johnny's statement re: Haleigh getting out of bed, or is this a rumor?

IDK...let's ask busy. She always has her links handy...where I have to go searching for days. Busy...is there a link for it?

IIRC that dvd player they showed was in the bedroom. I thought the question was about what movie was in the player in the living room. Which should of been Madagascar, but that was not was in the player.

Where did they mention which room it was that it was changed? I don't remember seeing that before.

Why didn't Misty wake up if Haleigh started to watch movies late at night?

Sorry I am not gonna spend alot of time today searching for links and listen to a bunch of videos for confirmation of this as it has been discussed many times over the last 4 months. Just disregard the info if need be. If I come across the links while I am searching for other items today I will come back and post. Thanks.

IDK...let's ask busy. She always has her links handy...where I have to go searching for days. Busy...is there a link for it?

(snipped)

We actually don't know what Misty said after she was attacked when she was younger.

Evidence may have, and probably did play a very large part in his conviction (if you know what I mean).

We also do not know what the defendant said when he was interviewed (and testified - if he did).

That said, this is all very OT, and really has nothing to do with HaLeigh being missing, IMO.

BBM

Probably not a good idea to pull it out of a post and highlight it then. IMO

Okay this will blow you all away, but could they all have been drugged; I mean, Misty, Jr and Haleigh? I don't know who made dinner, but Misty sounds like she doesn't know what went on, or what the story is and Haleigh never cried out at any point to wake JR or Misty and someone came in a small room took her out of bed, changed her cloths, and well you know the story of the lock, and lights, and screen doors propped open. I know I'm reaching but I can't see how no one heard anything about nothing. Maybe JR does remember someone in black taking her out....it was 9 months after E. Smart was gone that her sister remembered the man coming in the bedroom to take E. and it was the man who came to the house to work on the roof.

Yep - I think drugs could certainly have been a factor. I wonder if Jr was examined by a doc that night ?

Wow-most kids I know are dead to the world once they fall asleep. That's quite a scenario-Haleigh gets up when, between 11:00-2:00 or something while MC sound asleep, changes clothes, watches TV, that's a fairly unusual 5 yr old-my boys would immediately wake me or Dad up if they woke up at that age rather than wander around the house themsleves. Is there evidence that Haleigh was an insomniac or did Johnny mean in the morning she would go out to the couch and watch cartoons as there aren't a lot of age appropriate cartoons on TV in the middle of the night?

Yep - I think drugs could certainly have been a factor. I wonder if Jr was examined by a doc that night ?

On the 911 calls, RC is loud and I don't hear JR crying or asking about anything; I would think this would wake him up.... So I thought, maybe they all were drugged for some reason. Misty seems confused more than lying but I don't know for sure. I also don't see her being able to get rid of a body while RC is at work, I can't say why, I just don't see her pulling it off. So what does that leave us with? There is no evidence of trauma in the MH that LE has linked to a child being beaten, at least not yet. She was alive when RC went to work. We don't even know if Misty used the phone or cell to call anyone. It's just not a lot to work with at this point until they release anything. But I would think they would be arresting someone before they released anything to the media.

Sorry I am not gonna spend alot of time today searching for links and listen to a bunch of videos for confirmation of this as it has been discussed many times over the last 4 months. Just disregard the info if need be. If I come across the links while I am searching for other items today I will come back and post. Thanks.

Didn't mean to upset you busy. You have always been so kind and willing to post links when anyone asks. I did not think you would mind.

Wow-most kids I know are dead to the world once they fall asleep. That's quite a scenario-Haleigh gets up when, between 11:00-2:00 or something while MC sound asleep, changes clothes, watches TV, that's a fairly unusual 5 yr old-my boys would immediately wake me or Dad up if they woke up at that age rather than wander around the house themsleves. Is there evidence that Haleigh was an insomniac or did Johnny mean in the morning she would go out to the couch and watch cartoons as there aren't a lot of age appropriate cartoons on TV in the middle of the night?

I hope it wasn't a frequent problem for her. It would have been tough to wake up in time for school if she spent much time watching tv in the middle of the night instead of sleeping. Maybe it just meant that she used to turn the TV on for light or comfort if she woke up and fell asleep again almost right away?

On the 911 calls, RC is loud and I don't hear JR crying or asking about anything; I would think this would wake him up.... So I thought, maybe they all were drugged for some reason. Misty seems confused more than lying but I don't know for sure. I also don't see her being able to get rid of a body while RC is at work, I can't say why, I just don't see her pulling it off. So what does that leave us with? There is no evidence of trauma in the MH that LE has linked to a child being beaten, at least not yet. She was alive when RC went to work. We don't even know if Misty used the phone or cell to call anyone. It's just not a lot to work with at this point until they release anything. But I would think they would be arresting someone before they released anything to the media.

I was also curious about Jr's silence during the 911 call. I think both children could've been drugged 'cause Misty had to sleep. I also think there's a chance someone else was there during the 911 call and had Jr out in their car to keep him quiet. After listening to the 911 tape several times last week, I also think it's possible that Jr was terrified and cowering in another room. (I think he's learned to keep out of the way when his father is upset.)
Bottom line - I don't know where little Jr was or what he was doing. I think that's an important piece of the puzzle.

We don't know what LE found for evidence in the home. We don't know what the crime was or that it occured in the home. We don't even know for certain that Haleigh was healthy, dealing with internal injuries or deceased when Ron when to work - the AC man hasn't said, who the neighbors are and what they saw isn't clear, and the GGM could well be covering for Ron.

Basically, Bern, we don't know much other than a little curly-headed sweetie disappeared that night IMO. Unless there are leaks from LE, I don't think we'll learn much until an charges are placed and discovery is filed for the defense to review.

That's how I feel too, if LE can't get enough on ANYONE there is no way to make an arrest.

Oh I am not upset in the least, I just don't have time today to search thru a ton of videos to find the right ones. So simply was saying no biggy just disregard if need be because I did not provide a link.

Didn't mean to upset you busy. You have always been so kind and willing to post links when anyone asks. I did not think you would mind.

That's how I feel too, if LE can't get enough on ANYONE there is no way to make an arrest.

I'm hoping they have enough to make an arrest, but are waiting for additional evidence to ensure a conviction. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Still thinking about your question as to why Misty would tell the story about Haleigh being abducted from the room all three were sleeping in. The story might've be more convincing if she had said that HaLeigh was asleep in her own room and Misty was in the Master Bed Room with the door closed. IDK the answer to that one, Bern. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

I'm hoping they have enough to make an arrest, but are waiting for additional evidence to ensure a conviction. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Still thinking about your question as to why Misty would tell the story about Haleigh being abducted from the room all three were sleeping in. The story might've be more convincing if she had said that HaLeigh was asleep in her own room and Misty was in the Master Bed Room with the door closed. IDK the answer to that one, Bern. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Possibilities as to why Misty would tell the story about HaLeigh sleeping in the same room:

1. Because it was true.
2. Gives her a plausible alibi to say she was sound asleep and someone was stealthy enough to get in, get HaLeigh, and get out. Gives her the alibi "I was sleeping." and it becomes pretty unshakable as long as she holds to it.
3. It was false but she was told to say HaLeigh was there in order to make up the excuses about the blankets being gone/washing/hanging on the windows to explain why a blanket was missing from the house.
4. To demonstrate that Misty was just like any other parental figure and the kids like to crawl into bed with her sometimes and it's okay with her and look how sweet she was to make sure they all had clean blankets.
5. To cover up the fact that Misty wasn't in that house at all that night but the kids were in that room and tests would prove they'd slept there but no sign of Misty (plus, those washed blankets/missing/hanging on the windows can also offer a cover [no offense].)

I'm sure there are others.

As far as the movies go, IIRC, the most recent up to date version that Misty told in an interview was that the kids argued over which movie to watch and that she put Jr. on the couch to watch the one he wanted, and Haleigh in the bedroom to watch hers. I don't know who said/found which one was still in the DVD player in the bedroom....was that done during the video tour?

The whole MH walk through for NG screamed of staging to me. The back door closed automatically without being propped open. JR not uttering a sound really bothers me too. So many confusing things for me on the 911 call.

As far as the light being on Johnny stated that Haleigh would often get out of bed and go lay on the couch and watch cartoons. Haleigh could of turned the light on. Haleigh could of also changed her own shirt, she might of gotten a drink and spilled it, was too hot etc. Maybe Haleigh put a different movie in the dvd player if she got up during the night. All these simple things would explain why Misty thought a different movie was in the dvd player, the shirt, the light on.

We don't know what Misty has told LE, she might of given them detailed info on what they ate for dinner, bath time etc. GGMS may have discussed with police what Haleigh had on when she came by. Just because media has not announced all these details does not mean they have not been discussed with LE.

That is all very true... LE is not giving many details so we don't know what she has or has not told them. Maybe someday we will. But I really don't see why it is important to know what they had for dinner, or who cooked it... other than to prove whether or not Misty was taking care of them properly. As for the light and the pink shirt, etc., what you said could be very possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carzytoaster
Back