What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
The whole MH walk through for NG screamed of staging to me. The back door closed automatically without being propped open. JR not uttering a sound really bothers me too. So many confusing things for me on the 911 call.

O/T Handsome son and beautiful daughter - congrats ! Your son will be in my prayers, SCHTown. :blowkiss:

Two of my nephews actually would get up at varying hours when they were very little and put on their own videos to watch. I remember finding it strange at the time, especially at their young ages, but since then I have heard of other kids doing that, for what it's worth. I used to change my clothes all the time apparently, only issue my Mom had was I would sometimes mess up given the climate, wool jumper and tights in summer, T shirt and shorts in winter, but Florida doesn't have as wide a range, who knows.

Here is one of the links on the watching cartoons - this is Johnny and I was incorrect in this video he says in the morning Haleigh will get up and go to the couch and watch cartoons if no one is up. He did not say in the middle of the night.
haleigh cummings grandpa, Johnny Sheffield speak out

I will post the the one with Marie talking about her getting up as soon as I come across it, will also look for the interview with Johnny talking to AH about it.

Here is one of the links on the watching cartoons - this is Johnny and I was incorrect in this video he says in the morning Haleigh will get up and go to the couch and watch cartoons if no one is up. He did not say in the middle of the night.
haleigh cummings grandpa, Johnny Sheffield speak out Video by WAYANNE KRUGERS SITE 4 ORGANIZATIONS & VIDEO CLIPS - MySpace Video

I will post the the one with Marie talking about her getting up as soon as I come across it, will also look for the interview with Johnny talking to AH about it.

hi busy,i normally lurk and have a hard time catching up,but up here i have time and wanted to tell you how much i enjoy your posts.and how much effort you put into all your work. it is greatly appreciated many thanks:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Wow-most kids I know are dead to the world once they fall asleep. That's quite a scenario-Haleigh gets up when, between 11:00-2:00 or something while MC sound asleep, changes clothes, watches TV, that's a fairly unusual 5 yr old-my boys would immediately wake me or Dad up if they woke up at that age rather than wander around the house themsleves. Is there evidence that Haleigh was an insomniac or did Johnny mean in the morning she would go out to the couch and watch cartoons as there aren't a lot of age appropriate cartoons on TV in the middle of the night?

My kids are always telling me stories about my g-kids waking up in the middle of the night and finding them watching tv in the living room. they are 2 and 1-year. So I guess that is possible - but as you stated, my kids are aware of it when it happens because the sound wakes them up. If she (Haleigh) did that regularly and they are aware of it then obviously they learned to ignore it. I'm of the opinion that MC is lying about the events of the evening and that it's possible she was involved directly with her disappearance or death.

well, now that I read busylady's post I realize it was a morning only thing.....

well my opinionof Haleigh getting up in the morning is possible and likely, but in the middle of the night, I dont think so....even ronald said she was afraid of the dark

well my opinionof Haleigh getting up in the morning is possible and likely, but in the middle of the night, I dont think so....even ronald said she was afraid of the dark

Not only was she afraid of the dark, but he said she wouldn't go with strangers. Here's the thing though. What if she woke up and didn't see Misty laying in bed with RJ? I think it is possible that she might have gone looking for her. She was surrounded by 44 registered sex offenders, is it possible that Haleigh stuck the brick in the door? I don't know I guess I am really grasping.

Not only was she afraid of the dark, but he said she wouldn't go with strangers. Here's the thing though. What if she woke up and didn't see Misty laying in bed with RJ? I think it is possible that she might have gone looking for her. She was surrounded by 44 registered sex offenders, is it possible that Haleigh stuck the brick in the door? I don't know I guess I am really grasping.

A couple things to trim off your straws there, Elle:

How would HaLeigh know the sexual tendencies of neighbors within a 5-mile radius of her home?

It is possible but not likely that HaLeigh would go out of the house to retrieve a brick from the pile near the back of the yard to return to the door to brick it open so that she can later get back in the house. This would be, then, counter to her being afraid of the dark since she would obviously have to go out into the dark in order to retrieve the brick.

The screen door did not need to be bricked at all to either A) perpetrate the kidnapping of HaLeigh; or B) to keep the back door from locking behind someone. The screen door being bricked would not, in fact, prevent the main door from locking at all, since it is a separate door.

I have noticed that misty is very uncomfortable in interviews but i also think she is street smart.in other words she is not going to talk if she does know anything.

A couple things to trim off your straws there, Elle:

How would HaLeigh know the sexual tendencies of neighbors within a 5-mile radius of her home?

It is possible but not likely that HaLeigh would go out of the house to retrieve a brick from the pile near the back of the yard to return to the door to brick it open so that she can later get back in the house. This would be, then, counter to her being afraid of the dark since she would obviously have to go out into the dark in order to retrieve the brick.

The screen door did not need to be bricked at all to either A) perpetrate the kidnapping of HaLeigh; or B) to keep the back door from locking behind someone. The screen door being bricked would not, in fact, prevent the main door from locking at all, since it is a separate door.

I would not expect Haleigh to know anything about the horrors that begin at the end of her driveway. I would expect Haleigh to know a walking route to Misty's brothers home because it stated as much in the police report.

As for the back door, do we know for sure what door was bricked? I don't remember if they said back door or screen door. If you could clear that up for me that would be great.

I am not a detective and I can only hypothesize in regards to what happened in this case, I read the police report over and over and over and then I read it some more. When the officer writing the report talks about the trail of the tracking dogs I didn't think so much about it. Then I heard about the little boy, I think he was three, who's mother looked away for a brief moment and in that time he was gone. That little boy made it how many miles? I don't remember, but I do remember he said he was trying to get to his grandmothers house or something and also that he wanted to get his shoe. Now, I know maybe we shouldn't compare the two cases but the little boy did it. He, thank god was found alive. Any hoot, his case made me think about the police report in Haleigh's case and what was said about the tracking dogs. It sounds like they were able to follow a trail. They kind of did a little circle or whatever, back-tracked in a little loop down Monroe Ave where they then made their way to the railroad tracks and there they stopped because the canine was unable to follow any further. Maybe someone snatched her there. I haven't looked at what this trail looks like on a map but it could sound like a trail a child would make if they were trying to find their way, or lost in the dark.

I don't know, I just don't want to believe that the families that were supposed to love and protect Haleigh had anything to do with her disappearance. Sorry for babbling it's way past my bedtime and nothing I just wrote probably makes any sense. LOL, thank you for responding to my earlier post.

I read a long time back that it was a cinder block, so I would think that would be a little difficult for a small child to handle. We have a few of them around, and I experimented moving it around... not terribly difficult, but heavier than a regular brick, and possibly too heavy for a little girl to lift.

It might sound unusual for a child to get up in the middle of the night and turn on the t.v., but we all know that all children are not the same. Also, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that she could have slipped outside at some point that night, either thinking her daddy was coming home or to look for Misty. Maybe she turned the light on in the kitchen... there are all kinds of things to think about.

I read a long time back that it was a cinder block, so I would think that would be a little difficult for a small child to handle. We have a few of them around, and I experimented moving it around... not terribly difficult, but heavier than a regular brick, and possibly too heavy for a little girl to lift.

It might sound unusual for a child to get up in the middle of the night and turn on the t.v., but we all know that all children are not the same. Also, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that she could have slipped outside at some point that night, either thinking her daddy was coming home or to look for Misty. Maybe she turned the light on in the kitchen... there are all kinds of things to think about.

Yes there are, I have been looking for a picture of the ramp at Ronalds house because I saw a brick on the ramp. I know when everyone is thinking "BRICK" or cinder block, they are thinking this big 8 or 10 pound block or whatever it weighs. I have one outside, they are heavy and scratchy and cumbersome. However, after some pictures came out of Ronald's home and also of the ramp that goes up to the back door, I had second thoughts. Of course we do not know what brick LE took for testing, but seeing this pic made me realize when I was thinking of the big cinderblock I might have been off course.
http://community2.myfoxorlando.com/...e-Block/photo/2821981/72667.html?enlarge=true

I would put the pic in my post instead of the link but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.:(. Anyway, the brick in this pic would be a lot easier to manage. Also, while hypothesizing that Haleigh may have left her home, I kept thinking of my little one and would she leave the house at night. I am not trying to infer that Haleigh walked out of the house just as Ronald was getting home that night. I think...like some others do.....that Misty is hiding a tidbit about that night. I think it is possible she wasn't home for part of the evening. If Haleigh wet the bed and woke to ask Misty for help, and couldn't find her, would she have gone looking for her? Could she have ventured out into the night down a path that Misty had walked with her many times before to go to her brothers house? I found a picture of a map someone did here on this site

PHOTOS & MAP images ***NO DISCUSSION PLEASE*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

3 or 4 posts down JWG put a map. Interesting route that the tracking dogs made. If I am not mistaken, the track went right through a sex offenders yard! I know....I am crazy, I have been studying the case too long.....lol

Yes there are, I have been looking for a picture of the ramp at Ronalds house because I saw a brick on the ramp. I know when everyone is thinking "BRICK" or cinder block, they are thinking this big 8 or 10 pound block or whatever it weighs. I have one outside, they are heavy and scratchy and cumbersome. However, after some pictures came out of Ronald's home and also of the ramp that goes up to the back door, I had second thoughts. Of course we do not know what brick LE took for testing, but seeing this pic made me realize when I was thinking of the big cinderblock I might have been off course.
http://community2.myfoxorlando.com/...e-Block/photo/2821981/72667.html?enlarge=true

I would put the pic in my post instead of the link but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.:(. Anyway, the brick in this pic would be a lot easier to manage. Also, while hypothesizing that Haleigh may have left her home, I kept thinking of my little one and would she leave the house at night. I am not trying to infer that Haleigh walked out of the house just as Ronald was getting home that night. I think...like some others do.....that Misty is hiding a tidbit about that night. I think it is possible she wasn't home for part of the evening. If Haleigh wet the bed and woke to ask Misty for help, and couldn't find her, would she have gone looking for her? Could she have ventured out into the night down a path that Misty had walked with her many times before to go to her brothers house? I found a picture of a map someone did here on this site

PHOTOS & MAP images ***NO DISCUSSION PLEASE*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

3 or 4 posts down JWG put a map. Interesting route that the tracking dogs made. If I am not mistaken, the track went right through a sex offenders yard! I know....I am crazy, I have been studying the case too long.....lol

In that picture, the block looks like one of those heavy square slabs that are used to level mobile homes... and they are HEAVY! We have some of them around our place. Some are thicker, and I can barely pick one of those up. The thinner ones, maybe an inch thick, are still pretty hard to manage, and would be impossible for a small child to pick up. They are definitely not as light as an ordinary brick.
I agree with you that it's very possible Misty was not home that night, but so far that has not been confirmed that we know of. She could have slept through it... not impossible.

There is a thread about the MH but I don't think the cinder block. I considered opening one up, but didn't think there was enough to discuss. That is the first time I saw that photo of it on the ramp so close up. I may be crazy, but in FL. anything that sits outside, for any length of time, gets black mold under it or around it or even on it. I can take pictures of things right now that have turned black, just from the moister and mold growing around it. Most of my blocks do not have the mold on it, but under it and on the surface it sits on. If the block was not part of the day to day environment, LE would know. There would be some signs thatthe block was used on a daily basis to brick open that door if it sat there. Look at the photo closely. You would see scratches that the brick would be moved and placed against that door more than once and there would be traces of cement on the screen door if it was scratched more than a few times. They took the screen door for later. I wonder if the ramp indicated the brick was used more than once, or it sat there with some mold or discoloration to the ramp surface? They said they never saw that brick before.

There is a thread about the MH but I don't think the cinder block. I considered opening one up, but didn't think there was enough to discuss. That is the first time I saw that photo of it on the ramp so close up. I may be crazy, but in FL. anything that sits outside, for any length of time, gets black mold under it or around it or even on it. I can take pictures of things right now that have turned black, just from the moister and mold growing around it. Most of my blocks do not have the mold on it, but under it and on the surface it sits on. If the block was not part of the day to day environment, LE would know. There would be some signs thatthe block was used on a daily basis to brick open that door if it sat there. Look at the photo closely. You would see scratches that the brick would be moved and placed against that door more than once and there would be traces of cement on the screen door if it was scratched more than a few times. They took the screen door for later. I wonder if the ramp indicated the brick was used more than once, or it sat there with some mold or discoloration to the ramp surface? They said they never saw that brick before.

All excellent observations that anyone NOT in Florida would have no idea about.

In that picture, the block looks like one of those heavy square slabs that are used to level mobile homes... and they are HEAVY! We have some of them around our place. Some are thicker, and I can barely pick one of those up. The thinner ones, maybe an inch thick, are still pretty hard to manage, and would be impossible for a small child to pick up. They are definitely not as light as an ordinary brick.
I agree with you that it's very possible Misty was not home that night, but so far that has not been confirmed that we know of. She could have slept through it... not impossible.

True enough about the confirmation that Misty was not home that night. I am pray pray praying, that after this second meeting with officials in this case that LE will make a stronger statement to the media. I know many others want that too. We need something more to go on. We need more facts. Question. LE interviewed Misty after they received the tip that she wasn't home all evening. Why wouldn't they tell the public the truth about her whereabouts that evening? If they know she wasn't home would someone care to speculate why they would not release that to the public? Is there any reason?

True enough about the confirmation that Misty was not home that night. I am pray pray praying, that after this second meeting with officials in this case that LE will make a stronger statement to the media. I know many others want that too. We need something more to go on. We need more facts. Question. LE interviewed Misty after they received the tip that she wasn't home all evening. Why wouldn't they tell the public the truth about her whereabouts that evening? If they know she wasn't home would someone care to speculate why they would not release that to the public? Is there any reason?

Maybe it was a family member or soon to be one....

Maybe it was a family member or soon to be one....

I just posted this on a different thread. This is exactly what I think happened. If Haleigh was indeed abducted, it was a family member or someone very close to this family. I think MC went out after the children fell asleep. She left a door unlocked so she could get back in. Whoever it is knows the family, knows RC was at work and when he'd return, knew MC was out and the kids were alone and that MC wouldn't come back until it was time for RC to get home. They simply walked it and took her. All this stuff about the door being propped open is either a smoke screen or they actually did prop the door open to carry her out. I would almost bet that LE has a handle on who did it, they just can't come up with evidence.

I just posted this on a different thread. This is exactly what I think happened. If Haleigh was indeed abducted, it was a family member or someone very close to this family. I think MC went out after the children fell asleep. She left a door unlocked so she could get back in. Whoever it is knows the family, knows RC was at work and when he'd return, knew MC was out and the kids were alone and that MC wouldn't come back until it was time for RC to get home. They simply walked it and took her. All this stuff about the door being propped open is either a smoke screen or they actually did prop the door open to carry her out. I would almost bet that LE has a handle on who did it, they just can't come up with evidence.

Hi! So you don't think Misty could have been sleeping in the trailer? I have a theory similar to yours but without more news from LE I jump back and forth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back