Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
ITA:clap:
With LE going back to square one, it tells me they have nothing, and I am really sad about that.:bang: Praying for a miracle in this case:)

No, it just means they are going back and looking at everything, talking to everybody, gathering more information. It's not unusual for detectives to go back and look at every piece of the puzzle again and again, many times, to make sure they are not overlooking anything.
Some cases take years to solve, and it is only a few who are wrapped up as quickly as some of these recent cases have been. We don't hear about a lot of them because they don't make the news.

Bumping my own post because I'm still trying to understand the 2nd poster's conclusion that LE has had the "heat on" MC, RC AND TN "for months".

The bolds are my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atherella
These aren't amateurs. I'm pretty sure that LE (PCSO, FDLE or the FBI) could figure out if Misty was "intimidated" into silence either through her actions or her polygraphs.. They have interviewed her numerous times for, IIRC over 50 hours. Eventually, Misty would crack if she had something to hide or if she was being "scared" into silence, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossie JMO
I agree completely Ath, jmo, it's absurd to assume otherwise. They have had heat on Ron and Misty and as much as it angers me and makes me ill, Teresa, for months. And they have jack squat. Let's have a clue. Let's look at the stats on non custodial parent, abduction,and no, do not believe Crystal in her state could pull it off or even wanted to, let's broaden the circle shall we? Jebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaymus at The Rock
I knew that Misty had been inteviewed and poly'd multiple times. Also, her consistencies were discussed in the media by LE and they named her "the key" to finding Haleigh. So, I suppose some could conclude that LE had the "heat on" her. But I wasn't aware of LE being that interested in Ron and Teresa. What makes you think that LE has turned the heat on them ?

Anybody have proof that Misty found the pink shirt in the laundry and showed it to LE?

“I was in the house with the detectives,” she said. “And I was looking by the dirty clothes — the clothes that she was wearing earlier in the day for school — and I found that shirt, and I showed the detectives. If I was hiding something, why would I show the cops the shirt?”
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29298349/

another link
http://www.staugustine.com/stories/021909/state_021909_028.shtml

Anybody have proof that Misty found the pink shirt in the laundry and showed it to LE?

Well, one thing we have to agree on now is that Haleigh went to bed wearing the shirt she wore to school, according to M.

Now, why did M say she was wearing p.j's?

I, once, posted a video of Hardy and he was asked about the top....his tone and inflection led me to look at this story again...upon viewing his words, he did not convince me that Misty got that shirt out of the laundry.

That is part of my concern about LE Whisper is things like this, all clothes in the laundry should of been gone thru for evidence on that first night. Now I do realize alot of little girls have more than one pink Hannah Montana shirt, but you would think LE would of found that shirt the first night and questioned it to see if it was the same one or if Haleigh had multiple Hannah shirts.

The saying pjs doesnt bother me. I know alot of little ones slip in reg t-shirts and little shorts but you still call them pjs. In the summer my daughter sleeps in tank tops and shorts most of the time because to her they are more comfy and softer than reg jammies.

Well, one thing we have to agree on now is that Haleigh went to bed wearing the shirt she wore to school, according to M.

I, once, posted a video of Hardy and he was asked about the top....his tone and inflection led me to look at this story again...upon viewing his words, he did not convince me that Misty got that shirt out of the laundry.

Maybe they did Busy?

Misty may not be telling the truth...we all have accepted her statement about the laundry, yet there is no such fact.

I got the impression he was not happy that the media knew about the pink shirt being found in the laundry. I thought it was because it really doesnt look to good that LE missed it being in the trailer for a week.

Oh, Busy PJ's should bother you...Misty is not being truthful if you believe the pink shirt story. That is the shirt she wore to school and M states that is NOW what she wore to bed. So there was no effort of getting her ready for bed at all.

She might not be, but if LE knew the shirt was in the house that first night shame on them for not changing the Amber Alert immediately so people would be looking for the right clothing.

Maybe they did Busy?

Misty may not be telling the truth...we all have accepted her statement about the laundry, yet there is no such fact.

Busy they do not say the Misty found that shirt at all. Only Misty says it. One detective said "That is what Misty says"

I didn't realize that was the shirt she wore to school. I thought Misty was there looking for the clothes Haleigh wore to school that day, but hadn't seen that it was the same pink shirt. I will do some research on that.

Oh, Busy PJ's should bother you...Misty is not being truthful if you believe the pink shirt story. That is the shirt she wore to school and M states that is NOW what she wore to bed. So there was no effort of getting her ready for bed at all.

I don't think we can say "shame on LE" yet. Misty may be lying. Many are basing this case on her words...They likely had the shirt. Even TN didn't know about Misty finding it.

Read one of the links I posted, Misty says it was the shirt she wore to school.

Well know I am confused because they just say she was wearing pink shirt when she went missing, the articles I am pulling up don't say it was a Hannah Montana shirt. Still digging.

From everything I am reading I don't think it is the same shirt she wore to school that day. She was looking for the clothes Haleigh wore that day to school and saw the shirt. I also can't find anything now that says it was a Hannah Montana shirt.

Ok,, but here is something from one of the links:

"Cops announced that the pink shirt Haleigh was said to be wearing had been recovered on Feb. 18, 2009. They have not said where the shirt was found, but asked that the public focus on her face and not her clothing when looking for the girl."

The wording of this alerts me. It appears that the LE found the shirt (seems likely). Maybe they presented her with it. Maybe the "said" they found it in the laundry. I don't think they did, Busy, but I have no proof. My gut instinct of being around officers for years just tells me this is one of their main problems with the case.

It troubles me, but doesn't surprise me, that Misty/whoever sent her to bed wearing her school clothes. It also makes me wonder if she ever made it to bed..

So you don't think the shirt was found in the mobile home?

Ok,, but here is something from one of the links:

"Cops announced that the pink shirt Haleigh was said to be wearing had been recovered on Feb. 18, 2009. They have no said where the shirt was found, but asked that the public focus on her face and not her clothing when looking for the girl."

The wording of these alerts me. It appears that the LE found the shirt (seems likely). Maybe they presented her with it. Maybe the "said" they found it in the laundry. I don't think they did, Busy, but I have no proof. My gut instinct of being around officers for years just tells me this is one of their main problems with the case.

Busy they do not say the Misty found that shirt at all. Only Misty says it. One detective said "That is what Misty says"

BBM

So, LE didn't believe Misty about the shirt? Did they think Haleigh was in pj's or another shirt or did they think Misty wasn't being truthful about the shirt she found being the one Haleigh was wearing?

It's been so long now since she went missing.:( I feel like I need to reread everything again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back