What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
I don't think she was wearing school clothes, I think it is two separate shirts from Mistys statements - she was looking for the clothes Haleigh wore to school that day and found that shirt.

It doesnt make sense to me Misty would lie about the shirt Whisper. Little girls have more than one pink t-shirt. LE would have no way of knowing which pink t-shirt Haleigh had on, so only way for them to know that was the one Misty had told them Haleigh was wearing is for Misty to say hey thats the shirt Haleigh had on when I put her to bed.

Do you believe her, Busy?

The shirt and the door are the big problems with this case...IMO

“I was in the house with the detectives,” she said. “And I was looking by the dirty clothes — the clothes that she was wearing earlier in the day for school — and I found that shirt, and I showed the detectives. If I was hiding something, why would I show the cops the shirt?”

I don't take that to mean it was the same shirt. I take it that she was looking for the clothes Haleigh wore to school that day to give to detectives and she found the pink shirt Haleigh had one when she went to bed that night.

Here is the link...Look under "THe pink shirt" part:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29298349/

I believe Haleigh went to bed in the pink shirt, I go back and forth on how the pink shirt got into the laundry. I sometimes think it got wet and Haleigh took it off herself and that is why the light was on in the kitchen by the laundry room is Haleigh turned it on when she changed shirts. I sometimes think whoever took her removed the shirt so the description of what she was wearing would not match what was put out there.

I do not think Misty is lying about finding the shirt in the dirty clothes, just doesnt make sense to me. If she was lying in the first place about the shirt she wouldnt mention it to police because I am sure Haleigh has more than one pink shirt and they would of had no clue that was the shirt unless Misty pointed it out.

And here is the other part

" There are also questions about what Haleigh was wearing. Croslin initially told police she had a pink shirt on, the same shirt she had worn to school on Monday. But she later found the shirt in the laundry. Lauer asked her about that inconsistency."

I look at the door differently than most I know. But the door and the light are two of the big things that when put with other pieces of info convince me that Misty and RC are not involved at all in Haleigh going missing.

Busy, there is a likely scenario that the shirt wasn't found in the laundry. LE may have confronted her with the shirt.

If some believe Misty and some believe LE, I will go with LE. LE has not said the shirt was in the laundry.....in every article, it is M that states that.

Why wouldn't TN know she found it? Misty would have told her that right away.

I think Lauer messed that one up, and Misty clears that up with her statement about the school clothes. I am curious enough though I think I will write to Lauer and ask for clarification.

" There are also questions about what Haleigh was wearing. Croslin initially told police she had a pink shirt on, the same shirt she had worn to school on Monday. But she later found the shirt in the laundry. Lauer asked her about that inconsistency."

Could it be that after Misty spilled the beans about the shirt - LE said hey you can't be doing that and giving info out like that so TN says she doesnt know anything about it?

Busy, there is a likely scenario that the shirt wasn't found in the laundry. LE may have confronted her with the shirt.

If some believe Misty and some believe LE, I will go with LE. LE has not said the shirt was in the laundry.....in every article, it is M that states that.

Why wouldn't TN know she found it? Misty would have told her that right away.

Lying about the shirt makes no sense though Whisper, LE wouldnt of had a clue it was that shirt Haleigh had on unless Misty told them that. If she was lying about it she would of just kept her mouth shut or when LE showed her the shirt said no thats not the pink shirt she had on when she went to bed.

And her answer, as Busy quoted above was:

“I was in the house with the detectives,” she said. “And I was looking by the dirty clothes — the clothes that she was wearing earlier in the day for school — and I found that shirt, and I showed the detectives. If I was hiding something, why would I show the cops the shirt?”

It sounds like she is talking about two different shirts, and like many articles in this case, the reporter made assumptions that might not be correct. I think she would have said I found "the" shirt. That would go along with her saying she was looking for the clothes she was wearing earlier. The "that" shirt seems to mean a different one than what they brought her in to look for. If she slept in her school clothes, they wouldn't have Misty in there to find them.

If you are not suspicious of Misty,....not much to talk about once you establish that is what you believe. I have seen her tell different stories....she will remain a suspect or POI as far as I am concerned. Her stories are not complete. She is vague.

I don't think she ever got her ready for bed. I don't even know if Haleigh ever got into bed that night. She lied about P.J's and now this. I find it odd that LE didn't nail the clothes down right away. Misty got away with a lot which I will contribute to LE being soft due to her age.

I will say this about young girls....they are excellent at description...this one was an exception. I will take a young girl's word on describing what they saw..the best criminal sketch's are done because of their input.

Misty's descriptions are again, "all over the place'.

I am not suspicious of Misty. I keep reading and looking at the different input from posters because it makes me rethink things, maybe things I missed, fill in bits and pieces. If information is presented that leads me to a different opinion than I currently have I am certainly open to that. With the info we have I just cannot make the timeline or motive fit to Misty or RC. I just see nothing that points to their guilt.

If you are not suspicious of Misty,....not much to talk about once you establish that is what you believe. I have seen her tell different stories....she will remain a suspect or POI as far as I am concerned. Her stories are not complete. She is vague.

I don't think she ever got her ready for bed. I don't even know if Haleigh ever got into bed that night. She lied about P.J's and now this. I find it odd that LE didn't nail the clothes down right away. Misty got away with a lot which I will contribute to LE being soft due to her age.

I will say this about young girls....they are excellent at description...this one was an exception. I will take a young girl's word on describing what they saw..the best criminal sketch's are done because of their input.

Misty's descriptions are again, "all over the place'.

Can't argue with what you have said on your last post, Busy! But if I were you I would not even try to go to motive. It is too early. Being logical can sometimes mislead you...lol Crimes are not usually logical.

But it does surprise me that Misty hasn't set off any red flags for you.

I don't know if this is okay to post or not, but here on WS were are here to see what adds up and what doesn't fit. It can help solve a crime. I hope that is what we are all doing here. When you pick sides or lean on one person and not check out others, you blind yourself to the facts. I also learned that you don't know WHO is giving you information, or WHAT their agenda is. You could be trying to convince a person that is very close to Misty or Ron or Crystal about things you see. They will never agree with you, because they have an agenda. It is frustrating when this happens and you can't understand why they don't see the evidence or red flags. It's because they can't.

I am not saying this because of any person here, just pointing it out, to be careful when you get "INFO" because sometimes they make it fit. I am still working on all the theories, picking them apart one by one.

I look for Motive

Is there an Opportunity to commit the crime

do they have the Means to commit and and carry out the crime.

The last question is: why was Jr left behind?

When I can answer all those questions, without making stuff fit, or including people who I don't believe would help, I will be satisfied with my theory.

IMOO..... I can't state this enough.
IMOO
I see a 17 year old who is obviously uneducated that has been asked a million questions a thousand different ways by hundreds of people. It is the media and public that have misconstruded her comments and rearranged the chronology of events and interjected rumors and hearsay.
I do not see Misty trying to stick to a rehearsed story, but trying to recall from memory everything that happened that afternoon and evening. Does any one maintain a per second, min, hour, timeline in our everyday activities? I don't unless I have a reason to.

IMOO, I believe that anyone that can give an exact timeline and perfect rendition from memory of every single event and action is most likely the one to have committed the crime.
Misty has been cooperative with LE (except the time mentioned on THE TODAY SHOW) and has provided additional information to be of help not to mislead. (The van and blanket, Haleigh's shirt in laundry,throwing her own relative under the bus, offering the snake an unneeded, unofficial reenactment. It sounds to me that someone advised her against it, she is only 17. (Parent, Adult,LE, an attorney)
Aside from Haleigh and Jr. this young girl needs to be protected also.
Until she is proven guilty she is innocent and still a minor.
IF Misty is guilty of this crime her status of married adult will solidify her as being tried as an adult and Ron can not testify in her defence. I don't see where getting married is a motive to cover or obstruct or save her behind.
IMOO, I don't see a motive for misty to have committed this crime or be a part of and she would be my first POI and was.
This case has more victims daily.
The thought that keeps crossing my mind is when a victim is asked to relate the events and time lines of a crime are the really that specific as to every detail and the second it occurred or is it approximate and to the best of their ability to recall their memories?

Food for thought.

If I believed all the rumors about Misty, then I would possibly see the red flags. I thought for a while that maybe Misty was not home that evening, but I believe if that was the case and not just rumor LE would already know that and she would of been charged with child endangerment. I don't put much weight into she woke up at 3:00 or 3:15, or she got up to get a drink or got up to go to the bathroom to me these are not big issues. I think Misty answered questions to the best of her ability, which to me points that it was not staged, her answers to questions were not preplanned etc.
Can't argue with what you have said on your last post, Busy! But if I were you I would not even try to go to motive. It is too early. Being logical can sometimes mislead you...lol Crimes are not usually logical.

But it does surprise me that Misty hasn't set off any red flags for you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back