What Is the Defense Strategy?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad JB's report from Dr Rodgrigues, a man he's never shown a thing to or even spoken with, but who for sure will be at the conference- is due to be filed about 2 hours before the conference actually starts if I calculated correctly.
I'm totally smitten with BP :)

BBM
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE smart people.

What happens if...and or when, Baez gets none of the remaining reports in, and or loses all support from most of his expert witnesses?

Can he then just throw up his hands and say, the state of florida won't allow me to put on a vigorous defense for my client. (calling foul on the justice system)

Left sitting at his defense table, telling the Jury of all misdeed the state has done against his client, her right for a fair trial, blah blah blah
she's being railroaded.

And pray that the jury revolts against the justice?

I'm simply miffed on his defense strategy to be honest.

I think that is why the judge wanted a telephone number. If he gets a hinky response I'm sure he will be asking for more numbers. jmo

Too bad JB's report from Dr Rodgrigues, a man he's never shown a thing to or even spoken with, but who for sure will be at the conference- is due to be filed about 2 hours before the conference actually starts if I calculated correctly.
I'm totally smitten with BP :)

Yeah Baez was certainly off in his own little world again with that "brilliant" idea of meeting his experts at some conference...

Which makes me ask - if these experts are on board to give him reports/info, etc...why should have to wait to ambush them at a conference? Shouldn't they all be in the loop? Nevermind the not so subtle missing of deadlines.

I found an interesting tidbit....

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/31/lkl.01.html

CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Missing Toddler Mystery; Cults: Sordid Sex & Secrets?

Aired July 31, 2008 - 21:00 ET

This is an episode of Larry King that aired on July 31, 2008. Larry Sutton of People Magazine appeared on Greta on July 29, 2008.

I find the combo topics for this episode of interest in light of the recent addition of Carol(l) Stoner to the penalty phase witness list. Stoner wrote a book about cults and family impact.
http://www.paperbackswap.com/Gods-Children-Cult-Carroll-Stoner/book/0801966205/

RICKY RODRIGUEZ, FORMER MEMBER OF CHILDREN OF GOD: This is Rick and I'm making this video. I want there to be some record, my ideas, just who I was really.

Rick was born into a religious cult.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He would tell me I just want to die, I'm just tired of this life. I'll never be free from this pain and this past.

Rick was planning suicide and murder.

RODRIGUEZ: How can you do that to kids? How can you do that to kids and sleep at night?

Within 48 hours, two people were dead.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You know, everything was backward, the way we were going at absolutely everything. And everything that was wrong, we were taught was right. Everything that was really evil and wicked and perverted was done in the name of Jesus.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: And Ricky, Davida, he killed, what, the person who was his nanny?

KELLEY: Yes. She was one of many nannies who... KING: Tampered with him.

KELLEY: Yes, when he was a child.

KING: Did you know Ricky, Amy?

BRIL: I did.

KING: Did you know this was coming?

BRIL: Well, I met him about six months before this happened. I was able to actually spend some time with him reuniting. And he was very troubled. And those of us who knew him at the time were deeply concerned about his state. He was very disillusioned with the fact that his mother, a current leader of the family, had never apologized or made amends with those that she had had a hand in abusing.

KING: And he couldn't just leave? He couldn't just leave?

KELLEY: Yes. You're allowed to leave at any time, but with no support whatsoever.

Is this a ginormous coincidence????

Let's also recall comments made by the A family regarding JG and his family. Accusations and inferences.

a
Yeah Baez was certainly off in his own little world again with that "brilliant" idea of meeting his experts at some conference...

Which makes me ask - if these experts are on board to give him reports/info, etc...why should have to wait to ambush them at a conference? Shouldn't they all be in the loop? Nevermind the not so subtle missing of deadlines.

I wonder if Dr Reichs even knows she working pro-bono. The defense was a dream team when she signed on and they were flush with cash. LOL!!

The AAFS is also having a meeting in Orlando that ends on 02/21/2011. How much you wanna bet JB shows up at the wrong meeting after all his complaining about his indigent client.
I think it was brilliant of BP to order all the reports due before JB's unique opportunity. :floorlaugh:

I just can't figure any defense strategy that can cancel out the "My child has been kidnapped, but I'm not gonna report it" problem. All the forensic arguements in the world can't negate that for a jury. If all of the jurors have anything resembling a heart and even minimum intelligence, how can you possibly defend that action to them? I just hope that the SAO emphasizes that if CINDY hadn't caught up to ICA and called 911, no one would ever known the poor baby was gone....jmo

Can someone help me please? During the status hearing yesterday, HHBP said "they are having the ink dated", referring to the prosecutors I assume. I remember Baez saying something about the SA just "now" sending the diary to the FBI after having it for two years and that's when HHBP mentioned the "ink dated" comment.

So was there something I missed somewhere that the SA is actually having the "ink dated" in the diary?

Thanks! :)

Can someone help me please? During the status hearing yesterday, HHBP said "they are having the ink dated", referring to the prosecutors I assume. I remember Baez saying something about the SA just "now" sending the diary to the FBI after having it for two years and that's when HHBP mentioned the "ink dated" comment.

So was there something I missed somewhere that the SA is actually having the "ink dated" in the diary?

I think they weren't able to get much on the ink from the state lab, so now they're sending it to the FBI. Ink can be dated, believe it or not. They can track it down to the manufacturer and find out what year it was made. I've seen other cases where this was done. I'm very happy the diary is being sent to the FBI. Surely they will nail down the ink to a year and that will nail Casey's butt to the wall if that year is 2008.

Thank you so much Aedrys!!!

I couldn't recall reading anything here about the SA having the "ink dated" but it jumped out at me when HHBP brought it up at the status hearing!

It was comical listening to JB whine about the diary!!!

I think they weren't able to get much on the ink from the state lab, so now they're sending it to the FBI. Ink can be dated, believe it or not. They can track it down to the manufacturer and find out what year it was made. I've seen other cases where this was done. I'm very happy the diary is being sent to the FBI. Surely they will nail down the ink to a year and that will nail Casey's butt to the wall if that year is 2008.

Would that prove anything? I have pens in my house that I've had for years. They're in every drawer,nightstand, desk etc.

Would that prove anything? I have pens in my house that I've had for years. They're in every drawer,nightstand, desk etc.

I'm confused - aren't they talking about how long the ink has been on the paper? Dunno...:waitasec:

Ok as I understand it, it all goes something like this. They had the diary for awile, but had really only ever evaluated it for content. For what it said. But what it said is a little vague, and appeared to be dated 2003. So not of particular interest. Although at least one comment in it declaring "KC has no regrets" was interesting.

Then the jailhouse letters between KC and the other inmate were uncovered. The SA needed a known example of KC's handwriting to send to the FBI along with the new letters. So they sent the diary. The FBI then looked at all of it.

As part of the FBI examination they happened to determine that while the diary has a 2003 date written on it, the book itself was not manufactured until some time in 2004. So the 2003 date is bogus. That's when they began looking at the ink in the writing to determine when it was actually written.

What JB is failing to disclose to the court as he complains about the state doing new tests, is the reason for the new tests has called the original item of evidence into question, and there is a good chance it was altered or faked. So it quite possibly ties into the parallel tampering investigation.

It is also worth noting that HHJP either let something slip there or he deliberately directed a subtle gotcha at JB. Note that it wasn't JB who brought up that the ink was being tested by the FBI. It was the Judge. In a small quiet and hardly noticed statement the judge very subtly said "Yes I do my own research. I read everything in these case files, and I know exactly what is going on with each and every piece of evidence. Even if you haven't decided to tell me. I know the things that you are leaving out. I can see right through you. You have been warned."

I'm confused - aren't they talking about how long the ink has been on the paper? Dunno...:waitasec:

I read in one of the Discovery documents (I believe) that they had learned that portions of the writing was all done by the same red pen.

I apologize. I left out that another thing they can do is get the age of the ink on the paper to determine when the ink was put on that paper. I bet that is what they are doing with the diary, not getting the manufacturing age. But they can get both. It's just more valuable to this case to get the age of ink on the paper rather than the manfacturing age of the ink here.

I did see one case, actually it was a forgery case, where it was proven a document was a forgery because the ink was manufactured much later than the document was supposed to have been written. And there was one criminal case where the ink was so unique, it was traced back to year and type of pen it was in, and it nailed the perpetrator, who owned that kind of pen. I think it hadn't been made in awhile and the odds of someone having a pen with that kind of ink in it was very low.

But in Casey's case, we're looking at the age of ink after it hit the paper. I believe they can narrow that down to a year. We already know the diary was manufactured in 2004. I believe they can get the ink aged, and figured out what exact year those pages were written, or even see if the '03 was written later than the rest of that page it was on. It'll be interesting to see the results!

The longer the defense drags this case out the more evidence points to Casey's guilt. This just proves Baez should have taken the plea deal way back in August 2008.

I read in one of the Discovery documents (I believe) that they had learned that portions of the writing was all done by the same red pen.

Who writes a diary in red ink? :innocent: there has to be some subliminal meaning to that... calling Dr Freud.

Who writes a diary in red ink? :innocent: there has to be some subliminal meaning to that... calling Dr Freud.

Well, my last name isn't Freud, but I have some thoughts. Who is the main user of a red pen? A TEACHER, someone who "teaches you a lesson". And, what does a teacher do with the red pen? He/She makes CORRECTIONS, by "correcting the mistakes made". So, possibly, on a subliminal level, KC was teaching CA a lesson by correcting the "mistake" that she had made, and what better way to memorialize it than with a red pen. Also, a teacher is in CONTROL of a classroom. This may have been a way for KC to take back control of her life. And, lastly, the red could also be symbolic of BLOOD, which clearly was the life taken from Caylee. All jmo, of course, but wasn't it CA that said KC left little clues in everything she did?

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/handwritinganalysis.pdf

pages 1- 11 - The FBI did a Report dated Dec 7, 2010 on the Diary/notebook/journal

The specimens received at the FBI Questioned Document Unit were some of Inmate Anthony's written jail letters - known writing samples, and the Diary.

The FBI found indented writing on a Diary page.
The FBI found that the Diary was manufactured and distributed as a one-time specialty item solely to Dollar General stores in 2004 (not 2003 as written on the Diary).

Ink dating exams and additional optical exams on the Diary, were done by the US Secret Service, Questioned Document Div, and a Report was provided.

page 12 - The US Secret Service, (Joseph Stephens - new State witness), gave their Report on the Diary to the FBI June 3, 2010.

Ink Analysis on the Diary (which had been requested on March 25, 2010) found that the writing in the Diary was all done with red ballpoint ink, but no determination on the date of the ink could be made because there was no match in the US Intl Ink Library which goes back to the 20's with samples. The Report said if they could find the ink pen, more testing could be done.

Attachments

• Secret Svc Ink Analysis on Diary June 3, 2010.jpg
    Secret Svc Ink Analysis on Diary June 3, 2010.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Secret Svc ink on Diary report all red ballpoint ink.jpg
    Secret Svc ink on Diary report all red ballpoint ink.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Ink dating on Diary by Secret Service.jpg
    Ink dating on Diary by Secret Service.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 6
the little balls on her letters in carpe diem etc matched her jailhouse fancy letters. To Cookie

I think that may be what alerted them to the similarities of the style in both :)

If that makes sense..~L~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member