What Is the Defense Strategy?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I alone in thinking that George is a complete scoundrel and although he has allowed Cindy to take the brunt of the reasoning and blame behind the cover up, I think George will never "fess up" no matter how many chances he is given to "make it right".
George is a coward and will always be one, the battles he chooses to fight are odd to say the least, who can forget "don't you dare say remains" and talking back to the prosecution and the judge, one could be forgiven for thinking he really gave a damn!

I think George is acting as hard as his daughter, he isn't quite sure how to show the required emotions but is going to try anyway. He hams it up for the court camera grimaces, shakes his head is rude and surly all for no real reason other than to deflect any attention away from his peculiar behavior and want of true feeling.
He gets angry at the wrong things in they wrong way, inappropriate emotional response is more consistent with his daughters behavior than anything and I think this is where KC gets her repulsive personality from.

Phew!!! I have wanted to say that for so long....

Hi- BBM. This part reminds me of the Depo with Morgan Law where he challenges him on how to pronounce Zanny- Morgan said Zeny and GA had a fit about how he pronounced it and said something to the effect that if he can't pronounce the "a" correctly, how's he to know who he's talking about ...blah, blah. Just completely absurd aggression over nothing. He has misplaced anger to say the least and choosing the right battle escapes him.
I am dying to see if he has learned ANYTHING from the slap down by the judge and if it will help restrain him during the 'big' trial. Mr. "This is a very emotional time" GA.
Duh- I bet it is JO JO, but that will not stop you from being called on your lies and whatnot, so just answer the questions and leave the melodrama for your media events!!!

It will be interesting to see if he tempers himself. For their daughter's sake, I hope they can see their current behavior WILL NOT help change the fact that their daughter will go on trial for 1st degree murder. Can't stop this train.....

Am I alone in thinking that George is a complete scoundrel and although he has allowed Cindy to take the brunt of the reasoning and blame behind the cover up, I think George will never "fess up" no matter how many chances he is given to "make it right".
George is a coward and will always be one, the battles he chooses to fight are odd to say the least, who can forget "don't you dare say remains" and talking back to the prosecution and the judge, one could be forgiven for thinking he really gave a damn!

I think George is acting as hard as his daughter, he isn't quite sure how to show the required emotions but is going to try anyway. He hams it up for the court camera grimaces, shakes his head is rude and surly all for no real reason other than to deflect any attention away from his peculiar behavior and want of true feeling.
He gets angry at the wrong things in they wrong way, inappropriate emotional response is more consistent with his daughters behavior than anything and I think this is where KC gets her repulsive personality from.

Phew!!! I have wanted to say that for so long....

This summation on his uniqueness is so well written and well articulated, i felt the need to thank you twice!!

George doesn't strike me as having the intelligence to be a KC-type sociopath. He is a lot of other things such as a mooch, unmotivated, immature, narcissistic.. just a thick-skulled scoundrel in general. Cindy is the one that inspires the devious sociopathic tendencies in the family, IMO.

The only believable way a PTSD defense would fly is if GA and CA use it to defend themselves against ICA.

Perhaps their bizarre behavoir is caused by PTSD from the way their daughter treated them.

Seriously. The Little Dude video shows more temper.

ETA: Here's the article with the video (not the Little Dude, the new witnesses). Has a great cameo by JW as well. Oh, and Lee doesn't seem afraid of GA as he says Go. In. Side.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17393803/detail.html

I believe it is more likely that these people are there spoiling for a fight. I don't think I would like someone blocking my driveway and egging me on to get me to have a confrontation. They are not peacefully demonstrating they are disruptive. Especially the woman who said she was there to support them when questioned later in the news interview. Does not appear that way to me. jmo

Interesting reminder post from ellejay over at HM:

http://thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=48536#p48536

"..also, what judgeP said at the end of the hearing:

http://www.youtube.com/user/S0meRand0mN ... dDIwRK94Wo
----hearing 3/24/2011----

------@ approx. 7:20-----

judgeP --"now, if there's an Amended Motion to the Root Growth, that Motion needs to be filed no later than 4 pm next, this coming Tuesday, March 29th and that Motion will be heard with the rest of them.

Are there ANY other Motions that need to be heard ?"

---baez wipes his brow--and doesn't say a word.

jeffA --there are 2 Motions by the defense-----late witnesses etc. etc...

--------baez & co. better get that one on the way to the clerk now------they only have an hour until the 4 pm deadline.."

Respectfully bolded by me--wonder who might be stuck in traffic this time? How's the 4, locals?

So are we back to SODDI with 'Ugly Coping' post-kidnapping d/t PTSD caused by the 'abuse', or do you think George will be the prime suspect still?
I lean towards SODDI, the George scenario is just too unbelievable and non-creative. I don't think this is the Aha! moment Baez has promised us. I think the DT planted the suggestion in hopes that the SA, and anyone else who heard it, will walk off the cliff like sheep believing it is the defenses plan of attack...

..while no one is watching what the other hand is doing. JMO. :waitasec:

So are we back to SODDI with 'Ugly Coping' post-kidnapping d/t PTSD caused by the 'abuse', or do you think George will be the prime suspect still?
I lean towards SODDI, the George scenario is just too unbelievable and non-creative. I don't think this is the Aha! moment Baez has promised us. I think the DT planted the suggestion in hopes that the SA, and anyone else who heard it, will walk off the cliff like sheep believing it is the defenses plan of attack...

..while no one is watching what the other hand is doing. JMO. :waitasec:

I agree that they will go for SODDI but they will also line up everyone they can think of that could have done it and hope the jury agrees and has reasonable doubt. I don't care how ugly the coping is, you don't wait 31 days to report your child missing and her lack of concern is a huge red flag. Unless they get 12 jurors that are deaf, dumb and blind, I don't think this is going to work JB.

I agree that they will go for SODDI but they will also line up everyone they can think of that could have done it and hope the jury agrees and has reasonable doubt. I don't care how ugly the coping is, you don't wait 31 days to report your child missing and her lack of concern is a huge red flag. Unless they get 12 jurors that are deaf, dumb and blind, I don't think this is going to work JB.

So you think they will just have a line of potential perps but not accuse anyone? Sounds logical because they don't have any evidence directly linking anyone, but I still think jurors (pray for 12 reasonable ones) can do the math and see that they should all be eliminated as suspects due to such low probability. Except for ICA herself, who is also in that lineup.

I just wonder how they will explain the last moment ICA saw Caylee. Who was there? Where was she? How did it go down? Too traumatized to remember?

The defense is grasping at straws for ANY defense to take to trial. They just don't have squat to work with, IMO. I like it.

I believe it is more likely that these people are there spoiling for a fight. I don't think I would like someone blocking my driveway and egging me on to get me to have a confrontation. They are not peacefully demonstrating they are disruptive. Especially the woman who said she was there to support them when questioned later in the news interview. Does not appear that way to me. jmo

Seriously...there's a big difference between reacting to someone taunting you on your own property while emotions are already on edge, and being an abusive person. Not saying whether or not he was, but I doubt it (at least overtly), but this certainly is not evidence of an abusive personality.

The defense doesn't have to set anyone up at all. Their only goal is to produce "reasonable doubt" in one--ONE--juror's mind.

So what they are doing is trying to open as many doors as possible to that "reasonable doubt" and they don't give two good hoots whether that ONE potential juror thinks that GA could have done it, or TL, or JG, or whomever. If they believe they have kept the door open on any individual SOD, they will scratch a notch in their belts.

The SA's job is to firmly and effectively slam shut all those doors for the jury. I think if they focus on who had reasonable motive to want Caylee ("that child") dead, they will have no problem accomplishing this task.

:cow: of course!

Quote "New Casey Hearing Scheduled For Thursday
Hearing To Address New Defense Witnesses

Judge Belvin Perry will hear a motion Thursday morning regarding a defense request to add new names to its witness list.

The hearing will begin at 10 a.m. WESH.com will stream the hearing live.

http://www.wesh.com/r/27359971/detail.html"

Posted by Salvenga in the New News-No Discussion a short time ago.

I'm guessing this means Ann Finnell actually got those reports to HHJP on the clock because this new hearing has just been posted.

Judge Belvin Perry will hear a motion Thursday morning regarding a defense request to add new names to its witness list.

I'm guessing this means Ann Finnell actually got those reports to HHJP on the clock because this new hearing has just been posted.

Yup! Something tells me the State wants this litigated... the way the defense had mumbled around trying to answer the questions that were asked about them for these witnesses... something was up.

Sounds good to me! Will we get these reports are they sealed because they are considered medical?

I don't think there is any Defense. They may think they have a Strategybut w/e it is, it will not hold water. I think everything is being done with the Sentencing in mind. We went through this same thing with Scott Peterson. When SA was done with their case, there just wasn't much to defend. Geragos didn't have much to say. This goes quadruple for ICA.

Dang! And I have a meeting! I can't wait to hear the DT dance around the reasons for the Mental Health witnesses. Will they have to justify the throw-George-under-the-bus witness? THey said she was TES and want to change it from maybe to necessary...thus couching the real reason. And I'm not sure about the other "protestor"...they really didn't give a reason for her addition I don't think.

Yup! Something tells me the State wants this litigated... the way the defense had mumbled around trying to answer the questions that were asked about them for these witnesses... something was up.

Sounds good to me! Will we get these reports are they sealed because they are considered medical?

My first thought was the clenched fisty - "Oh Drat"! Mental Issues - No!

Second thought - Hey, wait a minute....haven't the Defense said this not about diminished capacity? Hmmm - do I see a small speck of light/hope on the horizon?:great:

I was mesmerised, George browbeaten into confessing he would do anything to protect his daughter. We've always been able to see it, but it was nice to have it validated out of his own blackening soul.
Tone, posture, a man sitting in front of his daughter telegraphing to her that no matter where she went with this, he would be the willing sacrifice.
His life is done.
Well, it's the thought that counts I guess..
DT might make a squirrl of him.
I need to go back and research.
I'm fuzzy as to the monkey business of conflicting recollections and accusations of pool ladders, and it's timeline..
Plant the seed that Bumbling Dad is careless with pool safety..
Ladder to pool..
"Go play in the pool, sweetheart, mommy will go get us a popsicle."
Then after that.. I don't know.. end of hallway in backyard..
Initiate plan B..
Or this Defense, I always love it when someone mentions, Jazz Hands!
:fence: G'day, all.

Dang! And I have a meeting! I can't wait to hear the DT dance around the reasons for the Mental Health witnesses. Will they have to justify the throw-George-under-the-bus witness? THey said she was TES and want to change it from maybe to necessary...thus couching the real reason. And I'm not sure about the other "protestor"...they really didn't give a reason for her addition I don't think.

Oh double darn - those witnesses? I was hoping they were talking about the Drs. Weitz and Danzinger......:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties