What Is the Defense Strategy?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have a few clues as to what the defenses strategy might be. It just crossed my mind that I am SOOO looking forward to seeing the SA lay out their case and evidence. It will be so incredibly fascinating! MUCH more interesting than any defense strategy will be. Can't wait!

I am going to copy and paste a post of mine from the "For the DT" thread because it sort of fits on this topic and also because I am far too lazy to retype all of my thoughts.

I hope this is ok. If not, Mods please kick me and my OT post out of here.

Anyhoo, quoting myself:

I don't know if I should do this, but here it goes:

I believe 99.9% that Casey murdered her baby intentionally. But, if I were a juror, here are some things that might tug at that .1% in me and possibly give me reasonable doubt (God and Caylee please forgive me for this):

-Have Casey either cut her hair shoulder-length hair and style it like a typical housewife, with a head-band (my personal style, lol), or some hair-clips on the sides. This may not be possible because these items might be considered weapons if she had access to them.

At the very least, get a short, soft cut. Casey has very peculiar features and the long-style makes her look a little like the Manson girls before they shaved their heads.

-Dress her in Sunday-type casual dresses, instead of creepy, two-piece ensembles.

-STOP with the taking notes. Tell her to look a little sad from time to time. No more cavorting with and that crazy-looking giggling with her defense team.

-Put her on the stand. You have to shock the jurors with something and this might be it.

-Have her say that Caylee drowned while Casey was on the computer. She lost track of her child in an instant, hence the 'flurry' of phone calls. Have her cry her eyes out when she talks about this scenario.

She has to convince them that this was the reason she was frantically looking for her parents - she was not calling about a dead baby, just about a missing one.

-Tell her to explain that she came up with the babysitter thing when she found and couldn't revive Caylee. Lots of tears and requests for water and breaks here...

-Make sure she explains about how she re-dressed Caylee and disposed of the original clothes somewhere ("They haven't even found her clothes yet...")

-Tell her to make-believe to the jury that she duct-taped the baby so that, if the body was ever found, it would look like a kidnapping-gone-wrong.

-Explain to a jury that the chloroform in the trunk was caused by evaporating chlorine in Caylee's little body, mixed with decomp chemicals.

-Have her cry about the fact that she was, after all, a little relieved by the absence of Caylee and that she was deathly afraid of her over-bearing mother and her child-molesting father. So, she will say, the only thing she could do was hide out and party, pretending nothing ever happened.

-Tell her to explain how she convinced herself that Caylee was in a better place, 'close to home,' until the decomp smell caused her to take further action.

-Act like this is all news to the DT and that, at the last minute, Casey wanted to come clean. This will shock the heck out of those 12 good men and women.

Honestly, if you get a jury who knows very little about this case, I am certain you will be able to build reasonable doubt among a few of the members, at least for the Murder 1 charges.

Again, God help me...

So, not only do I believe this is a good strategy, I think this is the only way the DT can proceed.

heck, any explanation the Defense Team gives to explain the 31 days, will be easily blown out of the water by showing the videos at BlockBuster, Target, B of A, her tattoo, and pictures of her partying at Fusion!!!
Especially Blockbuster- within 3 hours of you discovering your little girl is missing and you can't contact the nanny, and you go renting videos??? And...don't tell your boyfriend anything about it??? She can't claim she was afraid of him the way she was of Cindy.:snooty:
Besides, they can't produce any viable proof of Zanny. We know it's not the real ZF-G!

This thread is about the defense strategy, and part of it was about what the psychiatrist will be testifying to about ICA's "state of mind", and recently Baez has said something to the effect that his strategy has not changed at all. I was bored and have been doing some "perusing" on this site, and came upon several posts from back in July 2010 from "notthatsmart", now, I believe we all suspect who this is. I found some of these posts interesting, so I am going to paste a few here. I believe "notthatsmart" is privy to what the defense will try to do, and started trying to "plant" some theories back then, which would show that JB has had what "notthatsmart" is talking about as his stragegy all along, if we believe any of the below about how ICA grea up. What do you all think about some of these, about the "house of lies" that ICA grew up in, why she had to be the "calm" one during the 911 call, etc. I believe this might be a hint as to the defense strategy, if "notthatsmart" is who I think she is. Here you go, I am not sure how this will turn out since I am cutting and pasting from an old thread, bolding is mine.
thread name: Cindy Anthony subpoenaed to appear in court ......
"Originally Posted by notthatsmart
Why would Kc be emotional? She already knew all this information.IMO She is the one who kept her head during all of this.IMO Someone had to be calm and explain to the police what happened.IMO Ca was in no condition to make any sense at that point. IMO The fact that Kc was not emotional may help her. IMO Many children lie to their parents because their parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO It is my opinion that Ca harbored these lies throughout the years and actually supported them. IMO This was always her easy way out. IMO Kc simply followed protocol and continued to lie to her parents to keep them happy. IMO Once Kc gave Ca the cold hard facts that Caylee was missing, Ca lost it, furthermore proving my point that the parents simply can not handle the truth. IMO Kc grew up in this vortex of circular lies and rules. IMO Kc was never allowed to tell the truth or be herself. IMO, it is no wonder she was looking to move out. IMO At that point on that phone call, Kc had to step out of the family unit and be calm and talk to the 911 operator in a calm manner. IMO This is nothing new in my opinion. Families live these lies all the time. Kc has a personal family counselor type of person that has interviewed her family members. IMO Kc was still a child living in that home (the home of the lies) (the only way to survive is to lie), she had never left home... IMO I am so glad that my parents supported my independence and let me be who I wanted to be and not some lie that they wished me to be. La was able to get out, being single and no children.IMO Lucky him. IMO Once Kc had a baby she was trapped in Ga and Ca life of lies. That is a route to her compelling reasons for her actions, but not motive for murder of her child. IMO This phone call may be crucial in proving to the jury that Kc was not living under ideal conditions. IMO The 64000 dollar question is, does Kc really know in her heart what is right and what is wrong? after growing up and living in this vaccum of lies. IMO So yes, I believe you are right, the gold is in Kc's voice on the phone call. IMO"
"notthatsmart
Banned Join Date: Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat13067
Why would KC be emotional!!! Seriously Her daughter is gone, and she becomes less emotional as time goes by because she has had time to accept the loss of her daughter. It makes no sense!!! Most mothers would have gone insane knowing their child is missing/kidnapped. As a matter of fact most mothers would have called LE as soon as they went to the baby sitters home, and found an empty apartment. Do you see how this is going to play out to a jury? The jury is made up of those mother's, and father's who would have contacted LE ASAP. "
(this part is from notthatsmart, Navy)
Well, when I look at the way she was raised, it does not surprise me that she did not follow the proper protocol and call 911 as Ca did.IMO I don't really think it has been established when Kc realized that Caylee was missing. IMO I don't believe she ever did. IMO If the state has proof that Kc killed her daughter a month earlier, then all this is mute. IMO I just do not believe they have proof. IMO I think the jury will find out how Kc was raised and how she lived her life, and have a much better understanding as to why she did not call 911. IMO"

Since we are on this subject, I want to share something else posted by notthatsmart:[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5177310#post5177310"]2010.05.11 Jose Baez talking with reporters - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Originally posted:
05-12-2010, 10:29 AM
by:notthatsmart
Banned

"...

There is another problem with the child missing scenario and I am not sure how to explain it, but I will try to give an example.

1: Baby goes to babysitter on day one.
2: Babysitter calls and says were at the beach or amusment park.
3: Babysitter phone number no longer works, but still recieves a call
4: Babysitter calls on day 5, says were in Miami.
5: Mother still thinks everything is fine and has talked to baby.
6: Week 2 Mother begins to worry and has someone helping her find baby.
7: Day 31 realizes that baby has been missing all along and has been fooled.
8: End of Example or hypothetical, not fact......not opinion

Many posters are going retro or backwards to prove their theory or to try to state as fact.

Because she says on day 31 that her child has been missing for 31 days, does not mean she knew on day 1 thru 30 that her child was missing. It is just selective on peoples part to assume what she knew on July 15th she knew all along. It will have to be established in court exactly when she realized there was a problem. IMO"

Snipping, Italics and color done by me.

So, there is our answer about how JB is going to explain KC's movements in the first 31 days????

There is another problem with the child missing scenario and I am not sure how to explain it, but I will try to give an example.

Many posters are going retro or backwards to prove their theory or to try to state as fact.

Because she says on day 31 that her child has been missing for 31 days, does not mean she knew on day 1 thru 30 that her child was missing. It is just selective on peoples part to assume what she knew on July 15th she knew all along. It will have to be established in court exactly when she realized there was a problem. IMO"

So, there is our answer about how JB is going to explain KC's movements in the first 31 days????
__________________====================================

I don't see how this helps Baez explain her actions in any way whatsoever.

She goes WHERE exactly? Not the Sawgrass, it was empty for months. Where is this phantom babysitter supposed to live ? And when is 'day one?' On the night she goes to Blockbuster with Tony, where is Caylee then?

The babysitter calls from what phone and to what phone? Because there are NO records of any calls to verify that at all;.

Yeah, right.

There is NO WAY the verify the existence of this so called babysitter. NONE.

__________________====================================

I don't see how this helps Baez explain her actions in any way whatsoever.

She goes WHERE exactly? Not the Sawgrass, it was empty for months. Where is this phantom babysitter supposed to live ? And when is 'day one?' On the night she goes to Blockbuster with Tony, where is Caylee then?

The babysitter calls from what phone and to what phone? Because there are NO records of any calls to verify that at all;.

Yeah, right.

There is NO WAY the verify the existence of this so called babysitter. NONE.

You are 100% correct. If JB is going to go with this scenario, then he is going to have to explain who the sitter is and where she lives.

Also, phone records indicate there were NO calls from anyone who could have been Zanny, so, therefore, no calls from Caylee.

I am just afraid they will try to tell us phone records are not an exact science and that errors can be made (like in the case of KC calling the Lexus dealer).

You are 100% correct. If JB is going to go with this scenario, then he is going to have to explain who the sitter is and where she lives.

Also, phone records indicate there were NO calls from anyone who could have been Zanny, so, therefore, no calls from Caylee.

I am just afraid they will try to tell us phone records are not an exact science and that errors can be made (like in the case of KC calling the Lexus dealer).

Too bad for Casey that it is more than just phone records.

1. First, there are all of the lies about how she met Zanny. She made it all up about who introduced her and how and where they met.

2. She claims to have used her as a nanny for almost 3 years, and yet she cannot show an address or a verified place that she took the child. The places she did show LE were shown to be false leads.

3. She claims to have been messaged by the nanny on the computer and by texts, but there is ZERO evidence on the computers and on all available phones. Yet there ARE messages to Tony that say ' my nanny just messaged that she is on the way.' WHY would those type of messages be visible but not the ones from Zanny which were supposedly minutes earlier?

4. She claims to know the nanny and her mother and sister, and their children, gave LE their names and addresses, yet there is NO record of any of those people in the area.

5. ON the weekends that the nanny had her child, NOBODY ever heard Casey taking any calls or texts from the nanny nor did she ever call to check up on her kid.

6. The child supposedly went to DisneyWorld and the beach on vacation weekends, and yet there are NO PICTURES of her there. Who takes a child to Disneyland and takes no pictures?

7. Casey has pictures of everyone she knew, even acquaintances, yet she has NONE of her long time trusted nanny? After years of her being close to her child and taking her to special places,no pix?

8. There is no evidence of any payment, no paper trails, no money tracked or exchanged, between Casey and this nanny. Was she working for free ? Why would she do that?

9. NO ONE that Casey knew ever saw, met, spoke to or saw a picture of the nanny. After all of that time, nobody ever saw her picking the baby up or dropping her off? Nobody ever saw her calling Casey to check in?

10. How did this woman and her sister and mother and children stay off the grid?

Please don't attack me, but I just want to air my opinion.

The new George-did-it or George-had-something-to-do-with-Caylee's death defense is not going to be used. The only defense that I might believe if I were a juror is that Caylee died accidently from an overdose of chloroform (while mommy partied) OR Caylee drowned in the pool due to Casey's distraction/negligence.
A panic striken Casey then drove around with Caylee in her car trunk finally disposing of the body at Casey's old childhood dumping ground behind her school. All Casey's lies tie in well with this theory and resulted in the post traumatic distress syndrome for Casey's actions afterwards.

This is the only theory I would believe if I were a juror that MIGHT get her off the death penalty and a jail sentence with parole.

Just IMO...don't yell at me too loud).

PTSD to explain the 31 days for the penalty phase including the duct tape and heart sticker, most probably is where the defense is headed, IMO.

Now, as far as the guilt phase . . . ?

BUT.....even if the defense tries a PTSD or some other "mental issue" defense...that still doesn't explain what happened to Caylee. It might explain ICA's lack of emotion, but it doesn't explain that there was a dead body around the corner from ICA's house....it doesn't explain away the smell in the car....it doesn't explain all of the lies. Lies to what??? Cover up a murder? Cover up an imaginanny? Sooooooooo.....she was suffering PTSD and killed Caylee and that makes it ok?

BUT.....even if the defense tries a PTSD or some other "mental issue" defense...that still doesn't explain what happened to Caylee. It might explain ICA's lack of emotion, but it doesn't explain that there was a dead body around the corner from ICA's house....it doesn't explain away the smell in the car....it doesn't explain all of the lies. Lies to what??? Cover up a murder? Cover up an imaginanny? Sooooooooo.....she was suffering PTSD and killed Caylee and that makes it ok?

And even if she has a lack of emotion, she tried to cover it up and that indicates she knew right from wrong. And that is what the law cares about and remorse. :maddening:

Please don't attack me, but I just want to air my opinion.

The new George-did-it or George-had-something-to-do-with-Caylee's death defense is not going to be used. The only defense that I might believe if I were a juror is that Caylee died accidently from an overdose of chloroform (while mommy partied) OR Caylee drowned in the pool due to Casey's distraction/negligence.
A panic striken Casey then drove around with Caylee in her car trunk finally disposing of the body at Casey's old childhood dumping ground behind her school. All Casey's lies tie in well with this theory and resulted in the post traumatic distress syndrome for Casey's actions afterwards.

This is the only theory I would believe if I were a juror that MIGHT get her off the death penalty and a jail sentence with parole.

Just IMO...don't yell at me too loud).

But, but, but hold on there now and therefore and such.

What about the tape? Why did she feel it was necessary to tape her mouth three times around her head?

But, but, but hold on there now and therefore and such.

What about the tape? Why did she feel it was necessary to tape her mouth three times around her head?

She watched too many movies and believed if there is duct tape there is an abduction IMO.

I think that is where they have the best chance of getting free from the DP. Calling it an accidental death in which she freaked out and covered it up awkwardly. But even with that, you have those pesky pictures of her laughing and drinking and dancing and getting the SWEET LIFE tattoo...those are going to be quite a hurdle for the defense. Even if you lose a child accidentally one would expect you to GRIEVE.

And IF it was an accident then why is she still sitting in jail and participating in a Death Penalty trial. Why would she wait so long to tell them it was an accidental OD/drowning?

And IF in fact it was an OD from chloroform then she still should be on trial for DP imo. Sorry, but it is not 'accidental' if u are drugging your child with dangerous illegal drugs so u can party on. It is just plain evil.

It occurs to met that if they use a mental condition to explain her bizarre behavior, that does not necessarily mean they are going to say Caylee died accidentally. They could say she was traumatized by the kidnapping, that she was afraid of what her mom would say about her letting her get stolen. Stupid, but who knows what they'll say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214