Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense strategy?

Pray for a rogue juror who identifies with the A's and is sympathetic to ICA? Someone who distrusts the justice system, lives in a world of half truths and mis-truths and, would love to roll the dice by springing ICA? Instant fame.

OMG, I'm afraid there's more people like that in the world than I like to think there is! :panic:

Granted.

But we were talking about one rogue juror who would forego logic and intelligence to seek fame for being "The" juror who hung the case. Fame can be a powerful incentive.

I would not want to be in that jury room if that was their main objective. I had a friend who served and one of the juror's bragged to them about some information he should not have mentioned. She went to the judge and out he went replaced by an alternate. It's not hard to spot the problem ones and more often than not because they are not being honest they get called out on it. Plus who would do that. What would their life be like afterwards? Can you imagine what their "ex"-friends would be saying to them? Any one of them on a jury can write a book afterwards and become famous.

I believe most jurors take their jobs seriously, listen to all the evidence, observe the behavior of the defendant and are impressed by whichever side has their ducks in a row.

Well, let's hope CA doesn't get called for jury duty. lol She'll recommend probation and time served. Oh, that's right she can't serve for this trial. All I can say is if you live in central Florida and knew KC the defense could be going after any one of you as a suspect. Now that is something to think about. jmo

Granted.

But we were talking about one rogue juror who would forego logic and intelligence to seek fame for being "The" juror who hung the case. Fame can be a powerful incentive.

Wait a minute - one jury less of a guilty vote does not a not guilty vote does it? Isn't that a mistrial?
I wouldn't want to be the person who caused a mistrial in Florida and be boasting about it with the taxpayers footing the bill.

I also think sitting in a court room with HHJP sitting would put me in the mood for something else besides looking for personal fame...

Happy New Year Chiquita!

Do LE have regular psych evaluations as part of their ongoing employment? I ask because I've always found it strange a man would leave a respected LE profession on the urging of his wife to flounder in low paying jobs. He was in LE when they married right? And it was the birth of Lee that prompted CA to encourage him to morph into something else? Or was it.
If every LEO quit their job on the birth of their first child, we'd have no Yuri's or any police officer over the age of 30 on the force. What happened at GA's job to help push him out because I'm not buying the danger aspect. He could have transferred to a desk job. He has a degree apparently and back in the day, that would have been a huge bonus on the force and not the rule as it is (here) now.
I wonder if there were issues at work that combined with his wife's nattering in the background, forced his hand to quit. Some mental health issue, anger management, who knows but if the story about shoving his father through a window is true, GA has a problem. The gun he purchased and brought home to coincide with her release on bail is another example of a GA problem IMO. And is there anyone who thinks a switch off from LE to security comes with a lot less danger? I sure don't.I wonder if the mitigation expert isn't hoping to travel to collect dirt on KC but from GA's detachment in Ohio because IMO something is very wrong with that story.
In any case, GA didn't do it. An ex-LE wouldn't leave a corpse within smelling distance of his house IMO. He wouldn't have volunteered to drive the car home from the impound or questioned at the time, the horrible smell emanating from the trunk. So I have to ask, what will the defense try to blame on GA exactly?
GA is the only one in the family except the Plesea's that I have even an iota of sympathy for. He's the only one that has normal emotional reactions visible on ghis face and he's the only one IMHO that the jury will be able to relate to human to human.
I watched KC scribbling away at her notes on Jan 03 and noticed something pretty funny. Besides the fact that all three of them at the defense table looked like they were taking a grade 6 dictation test, busy scribbling away in unison, I noticed KC at other times and really tried to concentrate on the movements her pen was making. I believe the gal is making clouds around the comments she already made and doodling squiggles, rather than actually forming a thought to paper. I'm starting to think she may have been coached to pretend to write by doodling. It keeps her focus off her hair and dabbing her eyes for telltale signs of mascara and makes her look busy, intelligent even. The defense freak over the telephoto lens stems from the fact that if the camera was to catch a shot of the doodles, the pretense of bumanity in KC would be gone forever. Watch her pen movements. Writing goes from top to bottom. What KC does goes in circles, sometimes counter clockwise.
Why would KC need to take dictation during the motion when both her boys were busy doing it and they had the benefit of understanding the big words and knowing how to spell them?
I think she's calling the shots to JB but his days on the case are numbered and MC doesn't take direction from JB. Maybe he did once but never again. He may be deaf but he has a far greater legal mind in his confusion than JB will ever rise to. He's not retiring as a joke amongst his peers. I'm sure his ego will rise to the occasion of taking the reins away from the children he shares a desk with. JMO

I was also watching KC scribbling as though she was playing, "Look everyone, I'm an attorney here too" when I noticed her pencil or pen was
squiggling (new word) in place. It seemed obvious she was appearing to
write some important information all in one spot. LOL
Maybe she should stick to something simple like Casey Baez.Casey Baez,
That should be easy for her and it won't look so stupid.

I agree with you that the ' George -did-it' defense has a lot of problems. Probably because it is a big fat lie. But they need to find some one to scapegoat, and george is the perfect patsy. He tried to commit suicide which is a big plus for the defense. And she can use the excuse of a battered child/sex abuse victim for sympathy votes.
The partying and the tattoo are a big hurdle for the defense which is why they are trying so hard to have it all kept out of the evidence. But they will try and say that Casey was just trying to act like everything was okay and she tried to act like it was all good because she was 'afraid' her father would kill her or the family if she didn't. I know that is a ridiculous long shot but that is what they are left with. They have to somehow explain her cold skanky unfeeling behavior without admitting the truth.

The defense does not have to answer all the obvious questions. They just have to trick ONE lone juror into falling for this ridiculous story. I don't think they will be able to do so however.

Sorry to contradict you on your second post ( Welcome, by the way) but I don't think GA actually did try to commit suicide. He apparently got distraught, made some phone calls and wrote a letter but did not follow through... This of course was a gift for the Defense, when they choose to demolish his character, which they surely will.

Wait a minute - one jury less of a guilty vote does not a not guilty vote does it? Isn't that a mistrial?
I wouldn't want to be the person who caused a mistrial in Florida and be boasting about it with the taxpayers footing the bill.

I also think sitting in a court room with HHJP sitting would put me in the mood for something else besides looking for personal fame...

Correct. One idiot fame-seeking juror = mistrial, and then we do it all again, sans Baez.

I was only pointing out that there are *many* idiots who could/would hang a jury for the instant fame it might bring. I think it is more of a danger than one juror believing a SODDI excuse.

Correct. One idiot fame-seeking juror = mistrial, and then we do it all again, sans Baez.

I was only pointing out that there are *many* idiots who could/would hang a jury for the instant fame it might bring. I think it is more of a danger than one juror believing a SODDI excuse.

Of course you were - but I was in the middle of :panic: moment but I'm :okay: now!

Just for a second there - I was thinking.....not guilty? AAAccckkk!:banghead:

IMO... Mistrail by a carefully orchestrated defense to make the defense look totally ignorant and inept up to and including the latest headlines outlining why Baez is "in over his head".

I sure hope not and so many others have helped to put my reckless thoughts at ease by assuring me that a mistrial will still lead to a trial with conviction (ie..B Broderick)

But that is what I THINK the defense has and has always only had.....puposeful ignorance. Please...someone again assure me I am completely wrong in my thinking.

I truly would like to see all of the Anthony's at least held liable for obstruction of justice after ICA is declared guilty.

IMO... Mistrail by a carefully orchestrated defense to make the defense look totally ignorant and inept up to and including the latest headlines outlining why Baez is "in over his head".

I sure hope not and so many others have helped to put my reckless thoughts at ease by assuring me that a mistrial will still lead to a trial with conviction (ie..B Broderick)

But that is what I THINK the defense has and has always only had.....puposeful ignorance. Please...someone again assure me I am completely wrong in my thinking.

I truly would like to see all of the Anthony's at least held liable for obstruction of justice after ICA is declared guilty.

No, they are not carefully orchestrated to make them 'look inept'. They are inept.
It's not too often that professional people are willing to appear in print and media criticizing a peer, but Baez has appalled so many of the legal community that they couldn't let it go any longer.
In the words of Defense Attorney Richard Hornsby 'In my professional and personal opinion, Baez is a moron'. It doesn't get much better than that.
I do not think Baez is acting, or talking in code trying to appear bumbling, while he is secretly masterminding a fantastic scheme to outwit the Court.

No, they are not carefully orchestrated to make them 'look inept'. They are inept.
It's not too often that professional people are willing to appear in print and media criticizing a peer, but Baez has appalled so many of the legal community that they couldn't let it go any longer.
In the words of Defense Attorney Richard Hornsby 'In my professional and personal opinion, Baez is a moron'. It doesn't get much better than that.
I do not think Baez is acting, or talking in code trying to appear bumbling, while he is secretly masterminding a fantastic scheme to outwit the Court.

I'll sleep better if we just agree he's just bumbling.....

Thank you ZsaZsa. That is just what I needed to hear. Bless you:)

I agree with this part of your post 110%....alas, most of the pros here & elsewhere seem to think it won't happen :furious:

I also agree that it's not an act (the ineptness).

Keep in mind, the defense does not have to technically throw anyone under the bus, or outright accuse anyone. Their approach will not be GA did it or Kronk did it. Rather their approach will be "GA could have done it." or "Kronk could have done it" and "There is nothing that ties KC to it anymore then there is GA or RK" mixed with "They can't even prove she was "murdered!"" cries. And then sit back and hope for that one little old obstinate crazy juror.

No one is going to acquit KC because she is an attractive young woman. But some may shy away from the DP because of it.

I was also watching KC scribbling as though she was playing, "Look everyone, I'm an attorney here too" when I noticed her pencil or pen was
squiggling (new word) in place. It seemed obvious she was appearing to
write some important information all in one spot. LOL
Maybe she should stick to something simple like Casey Baez.Casey Baez,
That should be easy for her and it won't look so stupid.

I wondered about that too. The idea of her understanding one bit of what is going on is laughable, much less that she would be contributing something important. It's always at a time when she couldn't possibly have anything to say, like in the middle of an argument. What thoughts would she suddenly be struck with?

She barely finished high school and is barely literate. I really don't know who they think they're fooling with this nonsense but I'm sure it's a ploy to distract from the bizarre twitching and wide eyed empty gazes. I watched one of the Lee/Casey jail videos and it is downright weird watching her tics and laughter.

Granted.

Does the jury vote have to be unanimous in the state of FL?

Does the jury vote have to be unanimous in the state of FL?

The guilty/not guilty has to be unanimous.

The DP/LWOP does not have to be unanimous. This, however, is more of a "suggestion" as the final decision belongs to the judge.

JB must stay up late at night trying to omit words and compose sentences that twist the meanings of statements...
http://www.baynews9.com/static/articles/images/documents/SKMBT_C45210121512020.pdf
ON page 3 - regarding how Dr Huntington would agree with Dr Haskill that Caylee's body decomposed at another location, and not the recovery site.
Sounds ominous until you stop to think that's correct, she did decompose somewhere else, and it was in her mother's trunk.

Since the defense seems to be going all out to discredit the prosecution and defy the court I hope the prosecution counters by keeping caylee front and center in everyones mind. I hope they ask every single friend and family member to describe caylee as a person and stay close to the simplicity of what happened to her. That ought to thwart the defense's attempt to turn this into a circus and into a case about anything but what really happened. This is not about Casey .. We could care less what happens to her. This is about a precious child Caylee Marie who never stood a chance against her own evil b**** of a mother.

Justice for Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member