What Is The Key Date to Solving This Crime?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Further, I think KC burried Caylee shortly after she died, but dug her back up and put her in the trunk to move her which is why the decomp, dirt, and fluid got in the car trunk. As always JMO

I dont think anyone had anything to do with this besides Casey, I dont think GA smelled decomp on the 24th because she had not dug caylee back up and moved her yet, I think this happened on the 25th or the 26th of June just before the car was towed from amscott. I think KC stole the gas in order to be able to properly dispose of the body. JMO

I agree the night of the 15th. I think the only thing Casey has told the truth about is the 31 days. I think she had Caylee in her car trunk until the 18th (shovel date IIRC) then thought about burying her in the backyard. I think she went as far as getting the shovel, moving the body to the backyard (backed into the garage), and then realized that it was too hard and the grave would be too shallow. I think then she carried Caylee in the trunk until right before she abandoned her car. I also think she abandoned her car because of the smell and was trying to make it look as if they were carjacked or kidnapped together. I think she was going to take the money and was going to leave town but Cindy caught her a day or two before she left.

All just my speculation of course. :)

I agree with this. Casey is really a simpleton and this matches how she woudl behave.

I have thought pretty much since the beginning that KC was hoping for it to look like a double kidnapping and never planned for CA to find Amy's number in the car. I believe with my whole heart that the plan was to disappear and never look back. She was going to go to CA to her marine and tell him some crazy story and live off of him. If CA hadnt tracked her down she would probably still be "looking for Caylee" in the clubs and so on and so forth. This is JMO

Hope I'm doing this right - my first post. Here's what I believe happened. On the 16th Casey and Caylee returned to the house after George left. Casey used the chloroform that she previously obtained and knocked out Caylee. She then placed her unconscious in the pool to drown, hoping no one would know that she used the chloroform. She then pulled the ladder up to the pool so that everyone would think that Caylee climbed into the pool. She then began the frantic phone calls - and like someone else said, she was at the house because she didn't place a call to that number. Her plan was to be in a panic and get ahold of her family members to get to the house quick - Caylee had climbed into the pool and drowned. When she couldn't locate anyone, she freaked and retrieved the body from the pool and probably hid it under the sand box cover. She forgot to move the ladder back to it's original position. I don't believe she ever used the shovel to bury her - - Casey doesn't strike me as the type to do physical labor, and I'm not sure how hard the dirt was in the back yard. I believe she eventually moved the body, and possibly confessed to Cindy - hence Cindy's coverup. I don't believe George knows. You remember he got very angry on TV camera when someone suggested his granddaughter was dead. I do believe her brother knows, also. And all the connections to the characters on myspace, etc - no coincidence, I don't believe. I'm not making any accusations, but I've got a feeling there was possibly illegal activity going on to produce at least some income and it probably involved some of these people. Two activities come to mind, although I won't name them.
Hopefully I haven't violated any TOS with this post. If so, please let me know.

Hi Gang,

I have just joined the site, but have been lurking for over a year. I am fascinated by this extremely perceptive and gifted group that posts here. Simply amazing. I am so deeply troubled by Caylee's disappearance, as I am/was with JonBenet Ramsey, Natalee Holloway and so many others we may never resolve. I hope to be a contributing member of the forum--again, I'm in awe of y'all.

Off topic for one quick second--Is Natalee Holloway no longer discussed here?

I think when KC says she is close she is either referring to her remains or her spirit, many people think that when someone dies their spirit stays close to home...but I dont personally think that caylee is alive so to me these are the only options. JMO

Please excuse me for being graphic here. If you have a sensitive stomach please don't read on.

I was a medic for many years. In my county we had no ME that came to the site in an unsuspicious death so the ambulance companies did the call and transported the DOA patients to the county hospital where the DOA would be officially announced.

Now, the graphic part. Very shortly after death, and I mean within a half hour if not sooner, the body releases any contents. Urine, feces, sometimes vomit and nasal fluids. I have seen this many times in person. I have also had patients die on my watch and had this occur prior to reaching the hospital.

So, while I do like this theory there is no way possible that if Caylee was dead at all in the room that the sheets and bed wouldn't have been affected by some bodily fluids. It is possible that there wouldn't be enough decomposition so that a cadaver dog wouldn't pick it up, but there would be a mess.

Ok, my key date.

I agree the night of the 15th. I think the only thing Casey has told the truth about is the 31 days. I think she had Caylee in her car trunk until the 18th (shovel ate IIRC) then thought about burying her in the backyard. I think she went as far as getting the shovel, moving the body to the backyard (backed into the garage), and then realized that it was too hard and the grave would be too shallow. I think then she carried Caylee in the trunk until right before she abandoned her car. I also think she abandoned her car because of the smell and was trying to make it look as if they were carjacked or kidnapped together. I think she was going to take the money and was going to leave town but Cindy caught her a day or two before she left.

All just my speculation of course. :)

This sounds most plausible to me. If she had been buried in the yard on the 15th and moved on the 24th, I imagine even the neighbours would have smelled something.

Hope I'm doing this right - my first post. Here's what I believe happened. On the 16th Casey and Caylee returned to the house after George left. Casey used the chloroform that she previously obtained and knocked out Caylee. She then placed her unconscious in the pool to drown, hoping no one would know that she used the chloroform. She then pulled the ladder up to the pool so that everyone would think that Caylee climbed into the pool. She then began the frantic phone calls - and like someone else said, she was at the house because she didn't place a call to that number. Her plan was to be in a panic and get ahold of her family members to get to the house quick - Caylee had climbed into the pool and drowned. When she couldn't locate anyone, she freaked and retrieved the body from the pool and probably hid it under the sand box cover. She forgot to move the ladder back to it's original position. I don't believe she ever used the shovel to bury her - - Casey doesn't strike me as the type to do physical labor, and I'm not sure how hard the dirt was in the back yard. I believe she eventually moved the body, and possibly confessed to Cindy - hence Cindy's coverup. I don't believe George knows. You remember he got very angry on TV camera when someone suggested his granddaughter was dead. I do believe her brother knows, also. And all the connections to the characters on myspace, etc - no coincidence, I don't believe. I'm not making any accusations, but I've got a feeling there was possibly illegal activity going on to produce at least some income and it probably involved some of these people. Two activities come to mind, although I won't name them.
Hopefully I haven't violated any TOS with this post. If so, please let me know.

I think this is definately a possibility!

Beginning to wonder if Casey had been planning something since the 9th. That seems to be a date with her. I was just reading the transcript and her boyfriend TL says that KC pretty much lived with him since June 9. Maybe that is about the time she started planning or giving Caylee something to help sleep thru the eve, since she never spent the night with KC Tl.
Do we know the dates for the chlorform searches?

Beginning to wonder if Casey had been planning something since the 9th. That seems to be a date with her. I was just reading the transcript and her boyfriend TL says that KC pretty much lived with him since June 9. Maybe that is about the time she started planning or giving Caylee something to help sleep thru the eve, since she never spent the night with KC Tl.
Do we know the dates for the chlorform searches?[/QUOTE]

We don't, I really wish we did though. I also wish they would release WHAT she searched for exactly. ie: was it a search on how to make it, how it worked, where to buy it, etc.
I do agree that it plays a key part in this whole thing though :blowkiss:

Possibilities:
- May be wrong, but I suspect the chloroform was already in the house. Maybe Cindy had it for some reason since she's a nurse - don't have a clue why, though. Maybe Casey was looking for something to make Caylee sleep or knock her out for awhile and happened upon this. Then she did a search on internet to see what it could be used for.
- Another possibility - Chloroform is also a solvent. Maybe it was used to try to clean the trunk of bodily fluids.
- Gas cans - maybe placed in trunk to cover the smell of a dead body????

Hi Gang,

I have just joined the site, but have been lurking for over a year. I am fascinated by this extremely perceptive and gifted group that posts here. Simply amazing. I am so deeply troubled by Caylee's disappearance, as I am/was with JonBenet Ramsey, Natalee Holloway and so many others we may never resolve. I hope to be a contributing member of the forum--again, I'm in awe of y'all.

Off topic for one quick second--Is Natalee Holloway no longer discussed here?

Hiya Epresely and a big hearty welcome out of lurkdom to ya!

Yes, very knowledgable folks here with such great sleuthing ability!
Unfortunately I don't have that great sleuthing ability but I still post, ask questions and lay awake wondering what could have possibly happened to precious Caylee.

The NH case is still discussed......a post here started by ChicoLiving in July of this year: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67611&highlight=Natalee+Holloway

I believe the 13th > Tony said he last saw Caylee the 2nd, Dj said Caylee was at their apt the 13th with Casey who left, then returned without her. Also read somewhere that Caylee was at Fusian this night. Find out who is not right on this date Tony or Dj and put pressure there.

Can someone please help me with this question that I have :crazy: I'm confused, and who isn't over this case, about why KC would say the last time she saw Caylee was on the 9th only to have GA say it was the 16th that he last saw them. Caylee was seen at the hospital on the 15th was it? so I would think that KC would have said it was the 16th that she last saw Caylee and not the 9th? I'm confused :waitasec::crazy:

For some reason I don't understand, Casey wanted Caylee 'kidnapped' on the 9th. That was the date she swore up and down she 'lost' Caylee. That's apparently not accurate since ithere is a tape at the nursing home with Caylee and Greatgrandpa on father's day. If that film is correct, I think whatever happened was on the 16th or 17th after a big fight, but what advantage does a disappearance on the 9th get KC? Why wouldn't she at least pick a day to 'lose' Caylee that was closer to actual event? Someone on WS earlier mentioned there was a disappearance or murder in Blanchard Park on the 9th so maybe Casey was trying to tie Caylee's missing into that. Wouldn't make any sense to me given the story she came up with when she was exposed but I still wonder about the significance to KC of the 9th. Why not the 16th-ish? Did she just pick a date when she was corned and stick to it or is there a clue in here somewhere?

IIRC RM stated that June 9 was the last night KC and Caylee spent the night with him. Since TL and roommates agree that Caylee never spent the night with them, perhaps that was the date KC initially began chloroforming Caylee, maybe even only on an as needed basis, because her mom had already told her she wasn't going to babysit anymore, she no longer had a partner who would let Caylee sleep in the bed, and she needed a babysitter so she could party with TL and her new group of boys all night if need be. In other words when she says "June 9" or "31 days", she is not counting the days since she lost Caylee, she is reminding herself how many days its been since she started drugging Caylee, and how much longer it will be before the evidence of Chloroform is completely gone from Caylee's remains.

I also think she was awfully clingy with AH for a period of time because that was when she had Caylee in the trunk of her car and although I don't understand KC, surely she wouldn't want to run the roads with a dead decomposing body in her trunk; nevermind that it was her daughter, but that yucky smell might be hard to wash off and not very attractive to all the guys.
Do we know the dates AH claims KC was always with her unless AH was at work? I'm going to go back and see.

Can someone please help me with this question that I have :crazy: I'm confused, and who isn't over this case, about why KC would say the last time she saw Caylee was on the 9th only to have GA say it was the 16th that he last saw them. Caylee was seen at the hospital on the 15th was it? so I would think that KC would have said it was the 16th that she last saw Caylee and not the 9th? I'm confused :waitasec::crazy:

I don't think that GA gave his account of the 16th until after it was pointed out by LE that the video of Caylee was taken on June 15th, so the June 9th date was wrong on everyones part. I do believe that the June 15th date is when that video was made as LE verified that CA had visited the assisted living home on that date with Caylee. If I understood the information in the 400+ pages about the video, the date was further confirmed through data in the camera. I don't mean the date that someone using the camera could have set but a date recorded in the memory of the camera that the user does not have access to. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

I believe it was 12:50 when GA claims to have seen Casey and Caylee walk out with their backpacks. IIRC he remembers the specific time because he happened to be watching his favorite TV show at the time.

His favorite show, he claims, was on the Food Network. I can't be bothered to look up what is on at that time but I bet it's must see television.

I don't believe anything he says and think he helped Casey get rid of the body, especially with all the talk of those gas cans and the trunk and whatnot. Who has gas cans around the house? That back yard was so full of crap there's hardly a stitch of lawn to mow...

I thought it was odd, and fishy, that he stated it that way. I would have said, "I was watching Good Eats" or
"I was watching Alton Brown," not what network I was watching.

Anyway, it took some searching, but this is what was on Food Network on June 16 for several hours around that time:

10 am - Molto Mario "Fresh Pasta"
10:30 - The Essence of Emeril "BBQ Specialties"
11 - Boy Meets Grill "Pub Food"
11:30 - Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello "Game Night"
12 pm - Unwrapped "Twisted Treats"
12:30 - Unwrapped "Mintastic"
1 - Diners, Drive-ins and Dives "Family Owned"
1:30 - Diners, Dive-ins and Dives "Regional Favorites"
2 - Guy's Big Bite "Sonoma Steer"
2:30 - 30 Minute Meals "King of the Grill"

Members online

Online statistics