What Kind Of Defense for Casey in a trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense is going to be that everybody else screwed up. All fingers pointing in all different directions to keep the focus off KC. I bet the defense tries to not even mention her name, just keep talking about all the things that they think everybody else did wrong, repeated over and over again.

I honestly think they will continue with the kidnapping ploy. I dont think it will hold up even through the whole trial but they will try.This could also be the reason C. and G. stick to their story.If Caylee were mine I'd want her home and a proper burial,wouldn't care how KC faired.As we all know it is one thing to be there no matter what for your child and another thing to downright lie for her.IMO

I honestly think they will continue with the kidnapping ploy. I dont think it will hold up even through the whole trial but they will try.This could also be the reason C. and G. stick to their story.If Caylee were mine I'd want her home and a proper burial,wouldn't care how KC faired.As we all know it is one thing to be there no matter what for your child and another thing to downright lie for her.IMO

They had better have some darn good evidence to back it up.

Personally, I think they will try to say the death was accidental. I'm not sure how they plan on explaining all of the lies, but I'm sure they have something up their sleeves.

In light of KC being so petrified of her own mother, it could be as simple as another child (Caylee) having expired in the back seat (in her car seat) after she had fallen asleep in the hot car. If she didn't know how to get herself out of the car seat, it could have gone down that way. By the time KC remembered Caylee was in the back seat, it could have been too late and all the covering up could be to keep it from everyone but especially her mother. So she took the 31 days to cook up her story. I'm not saying I believe it happened that way necessarily but it could be their plan of defense. Possible? Would like to hear other views.

At one time I could have gone along with that-she panicked-scared of her mother-tried to cover it up so she didn't have to face her wrath. But, after seeing the pictures-Blockbuster,Target,BoA,Fusion. Nope-this is not a woman who was panicked or petrified. Listen to the jail phone conversations-who's the bully there? The only innocence in the Anthony family IMO is with our heavenly Father.

I think they will pursue the kidnapping defense also. I don't see them having any other choice. This is what KC said in her initial interviews with LE and maintained that all along. Even now, 4 months later, CA and GA are still spouting that Caylee is alive, she is being moved often, they are close to finding her, etc. It won't work, but this is the story they will go with.

4 tactics:
Lie.
Deny.
Counter-Accuse.
When all else fails...
DISCREDIT EVERYONE.

I think they will pursue the kidnapping defense also. I don't see them having any other choice. This is what KC said in her initial interviews with LE and maintained that all along. Even now, 4 months later, CA and GA are still spouting that Caylee is alive, she is being moved often, they are close to finding her, etc. It won't work, but this is the story they will go with.

ITA Casey & family locked them into this ridiculous defense from day one. I think it will be an uphill battle to get any juror to buy it. Hopefully Caylee will be found before the trial, then they are doomed.

I think they are going to claim some kind of "medical" issue with KC. Brain tumor or something connected to her previous siezure. I was reading another blog this morning (from a link on another thread here on WS) and there was a post by someone with a similar name who posts here and who is suspected to be CA - her is what she said...

"Maybe someone had led her to believe that was the correct apartment, or maybe she can’t remember, or maybe she’s afraid to tell the whole truth. Casey was taken to the hospital by a friend months ago because she had had a seizure, she could have medical issues that are causing her to be so confused. Who knows? "

I think the A team is going to weave a defense around KC having seizure "blackouts" and not being able to remember things. (How convenient). Hence, the statements early on by LA that "to the best of her ability" KC is telling the truth.

I think they are going to claim some kind of "medical" issue with KC. Brain tumor or something connected to her previous siezure. I was reading another blog this morning (from a link on another thread here on WS) and there was a post by someone with a similar name who posts here and who is suspected to be CA - her is what she said...

"Maybe someone had led her to believe that was the correct apartment, or maybe she can’t remember, or maybe she’s afraid to tell the whole truth. Casey was taken to the hospital by a friend months ago because she had had a seizure, she could have medical issues that are causing her to be so confused. Who knows? "

I think the A team is going to weave a defense around KC having seizure "blackouts" and not being able to remember things. (How convenient). Hence, the statements early on by LA that "to the best of her ability" KC is telling the truth.

Was it ever proven that KC even had a seizure? There are types of seizures that cause you to blackout and in some cases you can do strange things. Usually confusion from seizures doesn't last very long.

Whatever they come up with in KCs defense will not be good enough, KC is toast JMO

Poppy

I think they are all "testing the waters" to see what type of defense might work. They are just wasting their time. No matter what defense they decide to try it will be fruitless. KC is going down.

Whatever they come up with in KCs defense will not be good enough, KC is toast JMO

Poppy

I hope it's toast. You must never assume anything. That OJ trial taught me that. The burden will be on the prosecution. I feel confident they will win this, but I will never think, oh this is easy...in to the slammer she goes.

Lets hope the prosecution delivers.

Was it ever proven that KC even had a seizure? There are types of seizures that cause you to blackout and in some cases you can do strange things. Usually confusion from seizures doesn't last very long.
I think her words on myspace, facebook, text messages will contradict any such defense. Her memory seems quite intact for everything else.

There is no way to prove the seizure occurrance as the records are medical. The defense can obtain them to try to use it, but I don't think it will get them far if they do.

There is no real defense for Casey. Her attorney will attempt to discount all the forensic evidence and the police work. He will attempt, whenever possible, to insinuate that someone else is the real culprit - ala Mark Geragos. He will not, during the trial, question Casey's upbringing or imply that she was the victim of sexual abuse by a member of her family. To do that would be to make excuses for her guilt, and the last thing he would do is imply that she's guilty. Any 'feel sorry for Casey' pleas will be made during sentencing, but still without an admission of guilt.

IMO

I completely agree with you ..

Interesting. :waitasec:

You are correct. They have to go along with Casey's initial statements so it will have something to do with her giving the child to a "trusted" person. Now...here is where I see it getting tricky and their "slight of hand" tactics coming into the trial.

They cannot produce Caylee, obviously. They cannot produce the person she allegedly gave her to either. They will show various attempts of tracking the "tips" and could even provide badly done photos which resemble Caylee in them. They will show the sketch Casey came up with initially and swear the woman lied about who she was. They will also try to say the other people involved lied about their names and are involved in the abduction which was set up for a year and a half or however long she supposedly "knew" the people. They may even "produce" one or two people who will claim to know them by those names including the nanny (they will be lying...but so what? Some "witnesses" do lie on the stand).

I think they will also attempt to lay the blame elsewhere...on JG perhaps. (The girl he was with before and after Casey is supposedly a professional Nanny.) I feel it lends itself to many possibilities for a defense move.

Or...they will say Casey is and was certifiable then try to go for an Insanity Defense altogether. She will have to admit wrongdoing, but in her mind she is innocent type of thing. (Won't fly...but they are limited in defense strategies here.)

SELF-DEFENSE...........
Caylee ruined her life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member