What time did the murders happen?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
science tells us TOD was sometime between 1 and 6 am on may 6. science tells us there were marks very similar to road rash, that you would receive from being dragged or from skidding across rough concrete. science also tells us that rebar pattern was a visible injury on the body of one of the boys. follow the science.

imo, the boys were being held by someone. i don't buy that three 8 yr. olds were hanging out anywhere throughout the night. when it gets dark and late, it gets scary for a tired, hungry 8 yr. old.
i can't stop thinking about the manhole. and i believe there were probably 3 crime scenes in total. the location of the initial attack, the location in which they were "stored" alive and probably murdered, and the dump site.

Not to mention the way time "feels" when one is young. My memory is that 5 hours was a long, long time back then. (Now it seems like the blink of an eye.)

I am never going to believe three 8-year-olds were "hanging out" in the woods until 1 a.m. No matter how scared they were to face their parents.

But since there's no way to date the deposit of the Jacoby hair, it might have been transferred to TH or one of the victims a day or two before, no?

That would mean, if it came from one of the boys, that it remained somehow "stuck" on the boy through at least one busy day of school/play/bath, etc. I just don't buy that. As to being on TH, again, through at least one busy day of work and whatever else? Just not likely.

That would mean, if it came from one of the boys, that it remained somehow "stuck" on the boy through at least one busy day of school/play/bath, etc. I just don't buy that. As to being on TH, again, through at least one busy day of work and whatever else? Just not likely.

Well, if one of the boys had "play clothes" that he changed into after school and wore for several afternoons, it's not beyond imagination. That's just one example. I'm really not sure how long a stray hair can remain in a sock, or in a pants cuff, etc.

That the TH hair is tied in a knot on somebody else's kid is the most troubling to me. But I wish there were more than two hairs from people known to the victims.

(Let's face it: unfortunately, the sloppy work by the WMPD that makes the convictions seem so ludicrous will also work against convicting anyone else.)

ETA: I'm only speaking in terms of any certainty re other suspects. I have no doubt the prosecution failed to prove the guilt of the WM3 at trial.

Even if your "play clothes" scenario is true (which is unlikely since the clothes found at the discovery site were jeans and Michael's Cub Scout shirt and blue pants), it wouldn't explain the Jacoby hair. However, I do agree that two hairs are not much to go on, and that the WMPD surely botched the investigation. We can only hope that the new evidence Damien referred to in his recent interview will cast a brighter light on the real killer. There is one sighting of the boys that mentions that Stevie was wearing red shorts, but no red shorts were found at the discovery site. Some other evidence shows that Stevie had a green vegetable like substance in his lumen. His mother had fixed green beans for supper. One possible scenario, which I endorse, would have the boys going by the Hobbs house shortly after Pam, Amanda and Terry left to take Pam to work at Catfish Island. This would be about 4:45 pm. At that time, Stevie ate the green beans and could have changed into his shorts. However, when Pam talked to the police to file the MPR at about 9:15 pm, she said Stevie was wearing jeans. So, assuming Terry is the killer, he knew he had to exchange the shorts that Stevie was wearing for the jeans that Pam said he was wearing because, according to Terry, he had not seen any of the boys on May 5th. He couldn't get the shorts on the dead body, so he stripped all the boys' bodies. Stevie's jeans were the only ones found right side out and unbuttoned at the discovery site. The other jeans were inside out and unbuttoned, as they would be if they were removed from a dead body. IIRC, Stevie's jeans were also clean while the other jeans were dirty. Anecdotal evidence (deposition of one of Pam's sisters in the Pasdar case) tells us that Terry was observed washing clothes and even draperies on the night of May 5th. What was he trying to do? Anyway, the Manhole Theory (www.wm3blacboard.com) explains all this and gives a very plausible time line for the events of May 5 - 6, 1993. These facts are the reasons that I support the Manhole Theory and will continue to do so until someone can put forth another theory that matches all of the evidence and statements given in this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatsTheStoryLori
Back